• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got to interview some of the voice actors a few weeks before E3. They're all super cool people, and their job is not easy in the slightest. (Destiny alpha, moon wizards etc. proving that rule.)

Most importantly, they're people, not voice robots. Shit happens and casts have to change. :\

+1 for your comment

A-Atlus-senpai noticed me!

In all seriousness though, looking forward to the games. Currently playing EO:U in prep for PQ and P4Arena is my favourite fighting game (even though I'm not great at it), so Ultimax has me hyped!

Cant wait until you guys start promoting P4DAN and P5 so I can get back to November levels of Hype for them.

Jintor

I mean after listening to the Erin episode of slink I understand why the changes sometimes have to be made, but it's still a crushing disappointment not to have troy back. Fuck! He's so goddamn good as kanji!

Setsu00

Does that mean that Yuri reprises his role as the P3MC in Q
(and possibly in Ultimax)
since Nich said that there won't be anymore changes?

Dantis

Tomorrow is my birthday.

Someone tell Atlus so that they know to bring forward their plans to show Dancing All Night.

Thanks.

EDIT: OMG whatshisname has uploaded Friends from PQ. It's pretty much exactly what I expected. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6SXAeQWJk

Also, looks like it's from the fourth dungeon, so you might want to consider it a music spoiler? I dunno.

Sophia

Tomorrow is my birthday.

Someone tell Atlus so that they know to bring forward their plans to show Dancing All Night.

Thanks.

Atlusprime, if you're reading this, make sure it involves Naoto in a catsuit! :)

Happy early birthday, Dantis!!!!

When I see both SMT4 and PQ inside my 3DS I'll be in heaven.
Also hyped for dancing even though I don't usually play this type of game. The things Persona does to me.
As for Ultimax, I'm hyped but I just don't have the time to dedicate myself seriously to mastering a fighting game so I'll probably just be playing through story mode like with the first game and calling it a day.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion but... It's just such a freaking bizarre observation man! Like, I really can't wrap my head around it. If you can think of specific incidences outside of Persona 4 where series fatigue was even remotely related to voice acting, I could maybe see where you're coming from but... Gah, sorry I just can't do it. Personally, I see it as unfortunate coincidences piled on top of even more unfortunate coincidences. 4 is an unlucky number...
That's fair, I'm not looking to seem normal or convince anyone that it's the only correct way of looking at things.

Maybe instead of series fatigue, I'll say the cast wasn't future proofed, because it didn't need to be--it was designed and cast to be a standalone title. At the time of original creation certainly no one expected to see these characters being voiced all the way into 2015.

Zareka

I've been making my way through more Eternal Punishment recently and it's slowly coming to me why some people want future games to be more like it. The game and dungeons being set in a modern day city would be awesome with current console capabilities and graphics.

A mix of eBay and Amazon.

Ah, I forgot about eBay! Thanks. :)

Cha

Hi guys, I'm playing P4G and I'm currently in Summer(1st playthrough). Does anyone know what to do, to get anyone besides Rise
to call you for the Summer Festival?
Do I have to max out someone else's SL before the event? Rise's social link rank is currently lower than everyone else(2). Girl can't take a hint :/

FluxWaveZ

So it seems that Shadow Labrys is indeed a distinct entity in P4U's narrative. I guess that means you were right on mark Inorigo.

I should have known better than to think otherwise. Atlus is craaaaaaaazy.

But we knew this for sure ever since her character page was added to the website with a description on May 15. Stuff like Minazuki's trailer, Ken's trailer and her appearance in the arcade opening made it pretty obvious, too.

Edit: Also wouldn't say it's too crazy, since what might be happening with her has precedent in the Persona series.

DNAbro

Hi guys, I'm playing P4G and I'm currently in Summer(1st playthrough). Does anyone know what to do, to get anyone besides Rise
to call you for the Summer Festival?
Do I have to max out someone else's SL before the event? Rise's social link rank is currently lower than everyone else(2). Girl can't take a hint :/

I believe you have to be in a relationship with them.

You know, I was thinking... There are few character trailers left for Ultimax: Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis and Elizabeth.

Which one are you guys anticipating the most? I personally can't wait for Elizabeth's trailer.

PK Gaming

But we knew this for sure ever since her character page was added to the website with a description on May 15. Stuff like Minazuki's trailer, Ken's trailer and her appearance in the arcade opening made it pretty obvious, too.

Edit: Also wouldn't say it's too crazy, since what might be happening with her has precedent in the Persona series.

It must have just slipped my mind. I didn't think she would ever make an appearance in the present time after
turning into Ariadne

Anywho:

tumblr_movlku89mc1sqamb5o1_500.gif

The Queen of 0 fucks has returned

FluxWaveZ

You know, I was thinking... There are few character trailers left for Ultimax: Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis and Elizabeth.

Which one are you guys anticipating the most? I personally can't wait for Elizabeth's trailer.

I think the best trailers have come already. Maybe Elizabeth's will be something special, so I guess that one, but my favorite is definitely Sho's (the way the whole thing is produced is just great, like when the music stops as he goes: "Hey. You're supposed to laugh."), followed by [Redacted]'s and Minazuki's.

If anything, probably looking more forward to the English trailers at this point.

Xenoflare

I think the best trailers have come already. Maybe Elizabeth's will be something special, so I guess that one, but my favorite is definitely Sho's (the way the whole thing is produced is just great, like when the music stops as he goes: "Hey. You're supposed to laugh."), followed by [Redacted]'s and Minazuki's.

If anything, probably looking more forward to the English trailers at this point.

I'm actually looking forward to new Kanji, I know I'm going to miss Troy but still.

Elizabeth definitely is my most anticipated character.

But nothing beats English footage of PQ

The trailers for the three Shadow Operatives could be interesting because, well,
they're kidnapped
(that's... not considered a spoiler, right? Oh well, I'll use tags just in case). But yeah, I agree with you, the best trailers have come already. Sho's is really good indeed. From what I've seen so far, I really like him as a character.

Oh man, I can't wait for the English trailers! Do you think they'll follow the same order as the Japanese trailers? Actually... Which trailer came out first? Rise's?

FluxWaveZ

The trailers for the three Shadow Operatives could be interesting because, well,
they're kidnapped
(that's... not considered a spoiler, right? Oh well, I'll use tags just in case).

You're right, I forgot about that aspect of it. In that case, I'm now intrigued to see what Akihiko, Mitsuru and Aigis' trailers are like.

Oh man, I can't wait for the English trailers! Do you think they'll follow the same order as the Japanese trailers? Actually... Which trailer came out first? Rise's?

They'll probably follow their own order, I think. No idea which would come first.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member

Liz's trailer is going to be epic, and being a massive fan of Aigis i can't wait for hers either

Edit:
I wonder if Agis will be heavily involed in Liz's quest for a miracle, i think she will be =)

Setsu00

Liz's trailer is going to be epic, and being a massive fan of Aigis i can't wait for hers either

Edit:
I wonder if Agis will be heavily involed in Liz's quest for a miracle, i think she will be =)

This was discussed in the past numerous times already, but I still feel the urge to comment on that.

I'm fine with whatever happens in Ultimax, but this is the one thing that I would hate to happen.

PK Gaming

Persona Q and Persona 4: Ultimax were huge undertakings, so I can sympathize with his voice agent for shirking the roles

But damn, why did Troy have to balloon up in popularity ;_;

abrack08

Kanji is the one voice they couldn't afford to lose. Bah. What's Troy even up to nowadays? Besides Ocelot?

Pretty sure he's in the new CoD, and I think I've seen him retweet some Shadow of Mordor promotion stuff as well.

Edit: guess I should have refreshed before posting :p

Jintor

far cry role (and ol' ocelot since he has to play off didn't-get-enough-money-to-actually-say-words-snake) are the only ones i'm kinda interested in.

FluxWaveZ

I meant the "miracle" itself. While I like Elizabeth a lot, she should get her act together and get over her unhealthy obsession with the P3MC.

P3 spoilers:
I dunno; kinda sucks that the dude is condemned to suffer for all of eternity in order to protect humanity, and Liz probably thinks so too. The miracle could be just freeing him from that fate, like she's implied before.

Labrys

I personally don't see much issue with people selling the game/not getting it. Why pay for a product that doesn't reach your expectations, especially when one of them is $10 over average MSRP?

Naoto and Kanji were my favorite characters in 4, and also had my favorite voice performances, so I'm more than a little disappointed myself. I'm probably going to either wait for a discount or watch a LP, and wait for Persona 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom