• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I still like how these types of tests have the results change based on where you currently are in life.

Right now, I'm an ENFJ, which is Yukari or Nanako.

FluxWaveZ

I still like how these types of tests have the results change based on where you currently are in life.

Not sure that's really supposed to be the case, at least with the more involved, "official" MBTs. Types can change over the course of one's lifetime, but last I had been educated on the subject, that's supposed to be rare.

At least, when it comes to any of the MBTs I've done for the past 12 years, whether it was that online one or the more professional personality assessment tests, my type hasn't changed. Understanding it has been helpful for understanding how to handle certain life situations.

Meia

It's probable I'm just kind of bad at taking these things, but I often find myself giving different answers to these types of questions after enough time passes. Well, within reason I guess.

Sophia

I've always come up relatively consistently as INFJ myself. Sometimes rarely I will come up as ENFJ or INFP depending on my mood. But those are pretty close.

biodude

Neo Member
We celebrated my birthday today and my mom surprised me with a persona q cake, she slipped out of the house with my 3ds case and had it scanned onto a sugar sheet on her cake when I wasn't looking lol. Accidentally spelled "SEES", SES :p

a36087e72c.jpg

ad665c9a62.jpg

My brother also made me a persona card and drawing, love my family :)

On a side note, I did manage to finally fuse mara earlier today, one of my life goals completed:

ee8781d2f4.jpg

WOW! I'm actually really happy with the amount of traction this actually got.

I should say that I'm not an advocate of "personality tests", I dont believe in them and think that humans are a lot more complicated than just 4 letters.

That being said, it was just meant as a bit of fun and I'm glad a lot of people tried it.

Just remember, you are an individual who cannot be classified. Each and every one of you is unique and special in your own way, and I'm glad to be sharing this crazy thing called life with you all.

Yes I've had a drink, so what, doesn't make this any less true.

FluxWaveZ

I should say that I'm not an advocate of "personality tests", I dont believe in them and think that humans are a lot more complicated than just 4 letters.

To be clear, this is not the purpose of MBTs (or other tests like Enneagram tests) and there can be a ton of variations within a specific type. It is rare that one will pertain 100% to every facet of their type, which is why the tests offer percentages of how relevant each category is to one's personality (with more complex tests adding in stuff like Holland codes with specific centiles).

They're not to fully describe an individual like a random internet quiz, but to give them a general sense of how they take in information and respond to the world around them. Carl Jung's model of personality test is interesting in the face of the Persona series, which already takes many elements from Jungian psychology.

We celebrated my birthday today and my mom surprised me with a persona q cake, she slipped out of the house with my 3ds case and had it scanned onto a sugar sheet on her cake when I wasn't looking lol. Accidentally spelled "SEES", SES :p

http://puu.sh/9Xhgi/a36087e72c.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://puu.sh/9Xhfl/ad665c9a62.jpg[IMG]

On a side note, I did manage to finally fuse mara earlier today, one of my life goals completed:

[IMG]http://puu.sh/9XhhS/ee8781d2f4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Happy birthday man

Does that mean that the mara has the same birthday as you?

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

Happy birthday!
Best birthday cake ever~

Caladrius

(Good) Personality tests are good for statistical analysis and a starting point for figuring more things out about yourself.

Happy Mirthday!

And Mara Day!

And Independence Day!

Rhapsody

Banned
Played Rise today at AX. She's so much fun and pretty good too. Driving home but I'll probably post more when I get home about it.

We celebrated my birthday today and my mom surprised me with a persona q cake

That's awesome! I'm proud of your family and I don't even know them. Happy birthday! lol

Just remember, you are an individual who cannot be classified. Each and every one of you is unique and special in your own way, and I'm glad to be sharing this crazy thing called life with you all.

Thanks, dude! Nice words!

Marche90

a36087e72c.jpg

ad665c9a62.jpg

ee8781d2f4.jpg

Happy birthday, dude! Man, you have some awesome parents! I mean it!

That cake is bloody amazing. Happy birthday man, hope you had an awesome day. Dunno if i could have brought myself to eat junpei though as he's the man :D

I really enjoyed that, but it's jarring to hear the culprit's name in Japanese order when everything else is in English. Glad to hear everything seems to be going better from whatever you had.

Thanks man. Here's to good health and living every moment to the fullest.

Glad you enjoyed the trailer, I was gonna leave the announcer out, but the silence was bugging me lol.

Oh, and welcome back Lelouch! Good to see you healthy again. Although I just came back from banning two days ago and wasn't aware of that.

Rhapsody

Banned
Please do! I'm really interested in playing her but not 100% sure I'll gel with playstyle.

I like using her a lot. She'll be my P4U Dizzy (but not exactly the same). Finally got my P4U zoner that clicked.

Here's my thoughts, and it's going to be from a fighting game player's point of view.

I think her normals are decent enough. She won't be like some Akihiko or Chie where you can just throw stuff out randomly, but I wouldn't say they're bad either. 5B has a lot of lag, so expect to not just end with that (it's her mic throw). I didn't mess with 2B anti air but I expect it be like the usual anti airs in Persona 4 Arena. Whenever I landed an air CH, I would just 2B into air combo like Narukami or something and it'd work just fine. Unfortunately I forgot to check if 2B is JCable on block.

j2B is like BB's Litchi's normal where you spins downwards. Lots of recovery. Might be punishable on block. I don't know if the opponent can mash in time though, so who knows. I think this is her air ender. Also I noticed that j.B gatlings into j.A like Chie's. Off of lightning blockstring which I'll get into a minute, makes it a little tricky to block jump, late air dash, j.B j.A.

5D's pretty nice. Looks like Dizzy's H Fish. Forgot to see if the effect it gives works only on hit or not (I assume the former). Startup is long so I wouldn't throw this out randomly against a zoner. I think her j.D is the same? I forget. 5C's ok, it's what you'd expect from most 5Cs in the game.

As for specials, I messed around with 22A as oki quite a bit by doing it after sweep. She summons lightning and then in a couple of seconds, it starts shooting them down vertically. Sweep into 22A worked pretty nicely and it lasts quite awhile. I don't think the recovery of sweep 22A is short enough where you can perform a meaty. Since I assume 22A is projectile property, they could probably wakeup roll, but you could probably recover from 22A to CH them after. 22B was the same move but further distance. If they air block it, I'm sure you can 2B anti air and combo. Also on an important note, you can not do 22A/B when 5D is going on and vice versa. You got to wait.

Notes special was interesting. Popping it with attacks makes it act like Dizzy bubbles in a way. If you leave the notes for awhile, they'll stay in place and won't travel any further. Her special that's like Vergil's Round Trip was cool. As some of you know, after 5D hits (and the effect hasn't worn off), you can make her Round Trip home. I didn't mess with this too much to find how to apply it in set play.

236A where she shoves them away seems safe. I didn't try the B version, but I didn't mess with this one too much.

I got one game in since I wanted to enjoy AX and I'll be playing this when it's out anyway. If I had more time, I would've tried a number of more things. See if 2B is JCable on block, if she can j.A j.B back into j.A, mess with Notes specials more, see if she has a fuzzy guard. I wanted to try out more stuff. My friend and I played 3 full rounds. 1st and 2nd was just to mess around with normals and specials. The timer was nearly up before I knew it. When I played Xrd, I was able to try more things because of how fast meter build worked in that. P4U, I should've gold bursted each round just to try out things. I was out of meter before I knew it.

Now on a non fighting game player view, I think Rise's adorable lol. Had to go for at least one air grab because of the face she makes. I think they made her a really interesting character out of little existing P4 ideas.

Style

Banned
Oh hooray! Another INFJ. Excelllent.
ibnLUaSBlyQWu3.gif

You keep forgetting something.

We celebrated my birthday today...
Happy birthday! Awesome cake.

Thanks man. Here's to good health and living every moment to the fullest.

Glad you enjoyed the trailer, I was gonna leave the announcer out, but the silence was bugging me lol.
Glad to have you back, Lelouch.

A thank you.
http://pastebin.com/BBJFjLpn

Seriously, thank you all.
I know I haven't been active on the forums, but it has been a pleasure to have you around too.

When does the P4GA premiere in Japan?
10/7

First of all, happy birthday Biodude!
Also, glad to see you back Lelouch.
Reanimatoin, I know how you feel, believe me. PersonaGAF is a really special place for me, and I just started posting three months ago, but that's more than enough.

Super long post about how Rise plays

I literally can't wait anymore. I need this game.

PK Gaming

http://puu.sh/9Xhgi/a36087e72c.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://puu.sh/9Xhfl/ad665c9a62.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://puu.sh/9XhhS/ee8781d2f4.jpg

Happy birthday! Your family is pretty awesome.

A thank you.

tumblr_n86ccw7Q4y1tyd1mwo1_500.gif

Glad to have you back, Lelouch.

Also, glad to see you back Lelouch..

Thanks dudes. Good to be back.

A thank you.

That's really touching man.

Everyone may have their occasional ups and downs with each other, but regardless, this community is very solid and very open to all its members.

Im so glad things are starting to get better for you Reanimatoin. If you or anyone else on this forum ever need help or advice, feel free to pm me. I spent 4 years in my degree studying mental health (anxiety/depression) like a mad scientist, as it was something that i faced in my teen years. I feel as though i have a pretty deep understanding on the topic, plus my new job has me working with and supporting individuals with similar issues.

Best wishes to you and everyone else.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been catching up with the thread.
Happy birthday. Probably late, but I'll still say it anyway. That's a pretty cool surprise.
A thank you.

I was unaware that you were going through since I don't frequently post in this thread or join the IRC.

I'm glad things are slowly getting better for you lately, and hope it keeps up.

Nachos

So I just realized.

hiimdaisy = HI I'M DAISY

Don't know what took me so long to make that recollection.

Better than Erin Fitzgerald. She pronounced it "Him-Daisy" on the first S. Link podcast, I believe.

A thank you.

It'd be presumptuous of me to say that the IRC didn't play a major part in that (especially since I'm never there), but remember: you were the one who got through it. The support might have been there, but that was all you.

Thanks guys for all the nice birthday wishes!

I really love this forum, such a great community
Don't know where your time zone is, but happy (potentially belated) birthday!

I spent 4 years in my degree studying mental health (anxiety/depression) like a mad scientist, as it was something that i faced in my teen years. I feel as though i have a pretty deep understanding on the topic, plus my new job has me working with and supporting individuals with similar issues.
That's really cool. Undergrad or post-grad studies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom