• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

INFP, so I'm Fuuka/Rise.
Stay away, Smed.

I feel like the chart's generally right, though I definitely see Rise being an edge case of being firmly planted on the borderline between introversion and extraversion. The thing is, the assessment isn't rigid in the least and allows for transitioning between the given designations, so I could see her as moving from an INFP to an ENFP as she got older. She definitely has elements of an INFP, though.

Both charts are highly inaccurate because they both fall into the same problem of trying to fit the "pieces" to the "puzzle", so to speak. That is, assign each of the 16 types at least once. Notice how it has to justify this by picking only SOME side characters (Kou, Margaret) while leaving others out? Or using characters that can't really be accurately assigned types in any sense such as the Fox and Koromaru? In reality the chance of a group having ALL 16 types is highly unlikely. Some types are far more common than other types. ISTJ, ISFJ, and ENFJ are among the most common types, where as INFJ is the rarest followed by INTJ.

G-Fex

Do you have a psp/vita? Get P3P instead.

Yeah I got a vita, psp needs it's buttons fixed.

P3P eh? Sounds good. Not sure my memory card is big enough to hold it.

We can be Naoto brothers!

Welcome!

FES is great. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!
Welcome onboard! Just remember: this isn't Pokémon, so your starter Persona isn't going to grow wings and suddenly start spitting fire after a certain level, so be sure to fuse it into something else (even if you don't start getting personas equally as cool until the end game).

never played pokemon either. I'm going to get into it one day maybe. Thanks for the tip!

Setsu00

Both charts are highly inaccurate because they both fall into the same problem of trying to fit the "pieces" to the "puzzle", so to speak. That is, assign each of the 16 types at least once. Notice how it has to justify this by picking only SOME side characters (Kou, Margaret) while leaving others out? Or using characters that can't really be accurately assigned types in any sense such as the Fox and Koromaru? In reality the chance of a group having ALL 16 types is highly unlikely. Some types are far more common than other types. ISTJ, ISFJ, and ENFJ are among the most common types, where as INFJ is the rarest followed by INTJ.

The funny thing about this is that two of my closest friends are INTJ. I'm an INTJ as well, so I get the feeling that INTJ people attract each other.

Nachos

I don't know whether to be impressed or terrified.

Yeah, that's another problem. Unless you're specifically creating the characters with these archetypes in mind, like how 999 made its characters constrained to the Enneagram, you're very unlikely to hit them all. Plus, chances are, if you're not creating them so rigidly, they're all of them are going to fit multiple boxes to some extent.

Oh yeah, happy birthday, America!
2R1eCg9.png

Dantis

So guys, what does everyone think the playable lineup will be in P4D?

Currently announced are Rise, Narukami, Kanji, Kanamin, Chie and Yosuke.

I think Teddie is guaranteed. I'll be interested to see if Yukiko and Naoto make it in, but kind of wouldn't be that surprised if they didn't. I also think that Marie is really likely to be in and Labrys is possible but not likely.

Sophia

The funny thing about this is that two of my closest friends are INTJ. I'm an INTJ as well, so I get the feeling that INTJ people attract each other.

Specific cultures could have an uneven distribution of types compared to the average. There's also the issue of mistyping as the MBTI isn't exactly scientific but self-realized. :p

Yeah, that's another problem. Unless you're specifically creating the characters with these archetypes in mind, like how 999 made its characters constrained to the Enneagram, you're very unlikely to hit them all. Plus, chances are, if you're not creating them so rigidly, they're all of them are going to fit multiple boxes to some extent.

More than that, you're very unlikely to hit them all in real life either. Xenogears is another game that uses the Enneagram. Due not relying on it for thematic number, it has a more noticeable spread with certain types being more common among the cast. There's also the issue that unless you specifically create types (intentionally or not), then you're going to run into a situation where the characters reflect those of the writer to a degree.

Acid08

Banned

I think Teddie is guaranteed. I'll be interested to see if Yukiko and Naoto make it in, but kind of wouldn't be that surprised if they didn't. I also think that Marie is really likely to be in and Labrys is possible but not likely.
All of the Investigation Team will be in there for sure. Maybe Margaret and Marie. DLC I can see some P3 characters, Velvet Room people(if they're not in there already), and Nanako.

I think all of the IT will be in it. If someone happens to be left out, I think people would be pissed. Marie seems likely and I'm not sure about Labrys. I also believe there might be another playable member or two from Kanamin's group. I don't think any P3 people will show up.

Dantis

All of the Investigation Team will be in there for sure. Maybe Margaret and Marie. DLC I can see some P3 characters, Velvet Room people(if they're not in there already), and Nanako.

I don't think there'll be any DLC characters. I think that will be just outfits.

Marche90

Oh, Miku has DLC characters? I haven't played it, so I was unaware.

Which games have them, and how many are there?

(We're still talking about PD, right?) Except for the first one, all of them. The 2nd and 3rd games have a single DLC character, but plenty of DLC costumes. F and F 2nd have 3 DLC characters

biodude

Neo Member
Alright, I'm feeling really conflicted here and could use some help, without spoiling any of the other p4 endings.

I just beat p4 on the ps2, and I chose to "wait a second" on the dialog. Nanako miraculously is alive, time passes, I leave on a train.
I know there should be more to what happened, isn't teddie supposed to reveal he's a shadow, or was that just supposed to be assumed? I wasn't a lvl 10 slink with him, but I don't know how to get it any higher than possible. I've chosen all the "right" choices with teddie to build up the s-link before. I KNOW that something's supposed to happen with Adachi (although I don't know the details, is this only in golden?), and that there's supposed to be another dungeon or two. I saved on the day before the last day of exams ( I think it was december second), and I've replayed the day using my save and tried all three options, all basically with the same ending (well, besides nanako dieing in the revenge ending). Did I screw something up earlier on? There has to more to this. Without spoiling, how can I get the full ending, if possible? I'm going to start p4g for the first time on the vita soon, so at least if I did really screw up somewhere, I can fix this on the golden playthrough

She could be talking about her dad.

Yeah, true. I also thought that could be her dad or both her dad and Makoto. It's ambiguous enough. Although I think that when Malevolent Entity says "The notion of growing attached to something...and losing it scares you so much" doesn't fit well if it was a reference to her father.. I don't know.

So Mitsuru, Liz and Yukari i'm presuming. Why don't you count Aigis?

Because there's this whole discussion if Aigis' feelings towards him are romantic or platonic... For example, I don't know if Aigis would hate Makoto if he dates other girls. Her love looks like something more pure or in a high level. But I'm totally okay in including her as possible lover since she has a heart and a complete personality.

DNAbro

Alright, I'm feeling really conflicted here and could use some help, without spoiling any of the other p4 endings.

I just beat p4 on the ps2, and I chose to "wait a second" on the dialog. Nanako miraculously is alive, time passes, I leave on a train.
I know there should be more to what happened, isn't teddie supposed to reveal he's a shadow, or was that just supposed to be assumed? I wasn't a lvl 10 slink with him, but I don't know how to get it any higher than possible. I've chosen all the "right" choices with teddie to build up the s-link before. I KNOW that something's supposed to happen with Adachi (although I don't know the details, is this only in golden?), and that there's supposed to be another dungeon or two. I saved on the day before the last day of exams ( I think it was december second), and I've replayed the day using my save and tried all three options, all basically with the same ending (well, besides nanako dieing in the revenge ending). Did I screw something up earlier on? There has to more to this. Without spoiling, how can I get the full ending, if possible? I'm going to start p4g for the first time on the vita soon, so at least if I did really screw up somewhere, I can fix this on the golden playthrough

you are doing the dialog choices wrong. that's it. Just remember what the game is about and choose that one.

I'm guessing by 'hold on a second' you mean 'don't throw Namatame into the TV'. You've got to find the true killer to get the good ending, then time will pass and that will give you the chance to get the true ending.

Meia

You dun goofed on the question segment, and got a weak ending.

There's 6 questions you're asked, and you must answer ALL of them in a very specific way. Answer any of them in a different way, and you'll get the worst ending, or the one you got. General rule of thumb: Question everything. :p

Nimby

Banned

No, you just didn't choose the right options.

I really don't like the fact that you have to replay so much to get back to this point. You want to deny every attempt to put Namatame in the TV.

Caladrius

No, you just didn't choose the right options.

I really don't like the fact that you have to replay so much to get back to this point. You want to deny every attempt to put Namatame in the TV.

(P4 endgame)
More accurately, you need to stall in the most spineless way possible.

Nimby

Banned
I think there's another question that can result in a bad end.

Something something pick the wrong answer three times and it's bad end for you.
I think anyway, I haven't experienced it, just what I heard.

Save before you fight the 'final boss' as well, which most people do.

biodude

Neo Member
I'm still trying to dodge spoilers here, but

What questions exactly am I screwing up? I'm going to have to make an entirely new play through just to get the actual ending? Its a good thing I just got golden, but I did try to answer whatever question I had in the best way I could, this really bothers me. I pushed for trying to find the truth but I screwed up somewhere. Its no joke since it involves playing through another 60 hours. You'd think they'd make it just a little bit more direct to get the actual ending

also, I
asked all the questions just before the boss fight in a bunch of different combinations ( since I died around 2 times), but they always had the same output )

Meia

What questions exactly am I screwing up? I'm going to have to make an entirely new play through just to get the actual ending? Its a good thing I just got golden, but I did try to answer whatever question I had in the best way I could, this really bothers me. I pushed for trying to find the truth but I screwed up somewhere. Its no joke since it involves playing through another 60 hours. You'd think they'd make it just a little bit more direct to get the actual ending

also, I
asked all the questions just before the boss fight in a bunch of different combinations ( since I died around 2 times), but they always had the same output )

You're kind of confusing me here.

The point where the questions happen we're talking about occurs just after the scene with Nanako in the hospital where as Leader you determine Namatame's fate. What you're supposed to do basically is stall for the most part, except for two questions mixed in. One is what you're not sure of, the other is to tell Yosuke to calm the hell down.

Only once you enter all of these correctly does the scene play out and the game continues. If you enter anything incorrectly, the game fast forwards to the weaker ending. This isn't the only point that such a thing happens after that fateful Dec 3rd date, but it's the one that trips up the most people.

Caladrius

also, I

It'd probably just be easier to list all the answers, so uh...

- Wait a second here...
- We're missing something.
- Namatame's true feelings.
- Something's been bothering me.
- We're missing something...
- Calm the hell down!

You have to answer every single dialogue option correctly, so that's why you weren't able to make any headway. The exact sequence is aggravatingly strict.

Nimby

Banned
You don't have to start over, you shouldn't need to.

Here's the answers if you want to use them.

Wait a second here > We're missing something > Namatame's true feelings > Something's been bothering me > We're missing something > Calm the hell down.

That will get you the good ending. If you don't wanna use that, then:

Don't accept a halfed ass answer without knowing the full truth. The whole moral to the story is finding the truth. That means any decision that is inconclusive is not right. Basically stall when Yosuke is asking you questions, or protect Namatame.

Sophia

As long as you did not do something insanely stupid like overwrite your save game with a Cleared Save, you can always go back. The game is designed so you largely can't screw yourself over.

Nimby

Banned
As long as you did not do something insanely stupid like overwrite your save game with a Cleared Save, you can always go back. The game is designed so you largely can't screw yourself over.

You have to sit through that whole section again, which is tedious and why all RPG's should have a 'skip cutscene' option.

Sophia

You have to sit through that whole section again, which is tedious and why all RPG's should have a 'skip cutscene' option.

If you're playing the vanilla game, hold down Triangle. If you're playing Golden, hit either Start or Select. Golden also has a lot of save points at that section so you can quickly get back to it.

Nimby

Banned
If you're playing the vanilla game, hold down Triangle. If you're playing Golden, hit either Start or Select. Golden also has a lot of save points at that section so you can quickly get back to it.

The vanilla version needed some save points there. That whole section was about 40 minutes ~ an hour.

biodude

Neo Member
It'll be my fourth time sitting through that cutscene (holding triangle), but it'll be worth it! I did not overwrite my save.

I said Wait a second here and picked one of the other options originally, and thought they were all the same. I feel stupid now but I appreciate the help! I thought it was another question asked earlier on before the boss battle.

I got this INTJ thing... at least 4 people here also got this one. So, Elizabeth or Adachi? I don't see in myself any resemblance with those personalities. Perhaps I should redo it calmly.

Sophia

I got this INTJ thing... at least 4 people here also got this one. So, Elizabeth or Adachi? I don't see in myself any resemblance with those personalities. Perhaps I should redo it calmly.

I must emphasize that the charts provided are not accurate. Read the descriptions on an MBTI website instead of looking at those.

It'll be my fourth time sitting through that cutscene (holding triangle), but it'll be worth it! I did not overwrite my save.

I said Wait a second here and picked one of the other options originally, and thought they were all the same. I feel stupid now but I appreciate the help! I thought it was another question asked earlier on before the boss battle.

Nothing like that can be missed. The only thing you can miss out on is the Hollow Forest dungeon + Post-Credits Epilogue if you get the true ending but didn't do the aforementioned dungeon.

Nimby

Banned

Nah the game doesn't screw you over like that. Just don't overwrite your saves, EVER.

Velcro Fly

Doing a max s link run of P4G and I've just been using all available save slots instead of overwriting. Thank goodness too because I had to go back a couple weeks and fix something and was ok.

biodude

Neo Member
Alright I'm back on the right track with p4, thanks again for the replies guys.
Its a bit weird how you'd have to answer them exactly like that, with all 6 in a row

I must emphasize that the charts provided are not accurate. Read the descriptions on an MBTI website instead of looking at those.

I know. I just said that to "provoke" since nobody said Adachi's or Elizabeth's chart were inaccurate. Now I'm more relieved. lol

kewlmyc

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that nearly everyone here is introverted. Like at all. I'm an ISTJ

Also Mitsuru, Elizabeth, and Rise being introverted is pure bullshit. Another case of just filling out the list instead of actually matching their personality types.

I got ISTJ

ABERgqr.gif

Jintor

So there's thing thing going around tumblr where you make like 2d/3d animations using sai layers or something?

tumblr_inline_n7xrhrclL11ry12fy.gif

And I'm like... maybe I should... maybe I should just... draw a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom