• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how bout that Personer guys?
3Uwr2gQl.png

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Because there's this whole discussion if Aigis' feelings towards him are romantic or platonic... For example, I don't know if Aigis would hate Makoto if he dates other girls. Her love looks like something more pure or in a high level. But I'm totally okay in including her as possible lover since she has a heart and a complete personality.

IMO they are romantic but that's just me.

Lemstar

I get a feeling that this might be a wrong listing. Might cancel my Amazon pre-order if this listing continues.

They've already acknowledged that it's a mistake - the listing has been up for more than a week now (and was sold out for several days before today). What's unknown as of now is whether they'll honor the prices or ship out regular editions on release day or just cancel the orders.

While we're on the topic of Best Buy, I made a post about buying stuff for people with the 20% GCU discount. You (US residents) should all do me a favor and buy some stuff.

I'll also probably be hosting gameshare groups for the US version of P4U2 when it comes out, if something in the $10 range for a copy sounds more palatable than $48 or $60.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just seen the Myers Briggs discussion. Me and my team at work had to take a questionnaire, and then spent a whole day with a facilitator talking abut which types we are, and working out how we can work best with one another.

I self assessed as ISTP and came out of the questionnaire with INTP, both of which are similar personality types. That means I'm either Metis or Chidori. Naoto and Yu on the second (AKA Best) chart posted.

That's really cool. Undergrad or post-grad studies?

Undergrad and some side courses. Im still in two minds whether i should do a post grad. I was going to do a PHD at one point, but the funding fell through :(

Ill see how much opportunity arises from this new job within a few months and take it from there.

I didn't know you were gone :p Good to see you back though.

Thanks dude. :)

That is epic. Akihiko busting a move :)

Tono has drawn a picture of Makoto. Pretty rare for him to draw someone who isn't Naoto. He's the most consistently good Persona fan artist that I know of.

r0S8O4B.jpg

I thought for a second that you drew that Dantis. Your style and his are pretty similar. Great pic.

Persona Q Premium Edition currently listed on Best Buy.com for $49.99
Bought. Thanks Flux, hopefully they'll honor it.
I get a feeling that this might be a wrong listing. Might cancel my Amazon pre-order if this listing continues.
Best Buy knows about the mistake. Whoever orders it will actually get the standard edition.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...emium-Edition/m-p/823874/highlight/true#M1988

Best Buy said:
Thanks for your interest in pre-ordering Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth from Best Buy! There has been quite a bit of interest in this title lately and I understand that our current pre-order options have been a bit confusing.

The current listing we have was initially put up as the Wild Cards Premium Edition which was incorrect. It is actually the standard edition as you see now. Have no fear, though; we will be taking pre-orders for the Premium Edition and are currently working on getting that on BestBuy.com. You can keep an eye on the link here to see it when it is available, otherwise I will also do my best to let you know once it’s up.

Dantis

I thought for a second that you drew that Dantis. Your style and his are pretty similar. Great pic.

There are similarities, but the styles are fairly different overall, I think. I think my stuff looks more Western than his? I don't think anyone would mistake my pictures for Japanese art. His characters also always have an unamused expression, whereas mine are generally all smiles and whatnot.

EDIT: I'd just drawn a great picture of Rise, got BSOD, and now the file is corrupt.

Brilliant.

There are similarities, but the styles are fairly different overall, I think. I think my stuff looks more Western than his? I don't think anyone would mistake my pictures for Japanese art. His characters also always have an unamused expression, whereas mine are generally all smiles and whatnot.

EDIT: I'd just drawn a great picture of Rise, got BSOD, and now the file is corrupt.

Brilliant.

Have you got a link to more of his work? This is the first ive seen of it.

Sorry to hear about the blue screen of death man. That thing shows up at the most random of times.

Dantis

Erin Fitzgerald followed me on Tumblr, so this seemed appropriate:

Have you got a link to more of his work? This is the first ive seen of it.

Sorry to hear about the blue screen of death man. That thing shows up at the most random of times.

I have!

This is his Twitpic account.

And this is his pixiv account.

Cautionary note: Both accounts are probably a little NSFW. There's no nudity, but a lot of his stuff is somewhat suggestive.

Kssio_Aug

Damn, that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy is a really pain in the ass! T-T
Do scan enemies count? Because when I scan Rise say something about their stats (weakenesses and all) but it dowsnt show up written in the top left of the screen.

Dantis as usual that looks awesome. I should do more persona drawings. Yesterday I did do a htoL#NiQ doodle while I was in lectures but aside from that I haven't really had the time to sit and take my time to draw.

PK Gaming

Damn, that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy is a really pain in the ass! T-T
Do scan enemies count? Because when I scan Rise say something about their stats (weakenesses and all) but it dowsnt show up written in the top left of the screen.

ANY of her lines count (including lines related to costume dialogue)

If you use the entire party, you should get it eventually

Kssio_Aug

ANY of her lines count (including lines related to costume dialogue)

If you use the entire party, you should get it eventually

Well, from what Im counting I did 50 lines already. But still only using Yukiko, Teddie and Kanji, and am not counting those scan lines since they dont show up at the top left corner. I'll buy every costume and try it also then, and since Im kind OP (just finished Void Quest though) I will run the next dungeon without killing anything so I can get lines of stronger enemies at Naoto or Heavens Dungeon.

Some people says that the lines carries over NG+, Im doing my 2nd playthrough. Could that be true? It would make things a lot easier!

Dantis

I think Gaf has something against linking your own stuff in its TOS. Or maybe that's only if you make money off it?

*shrug*

I've been linking my images since the thread started, and no mods have contacted me about it. I would assume it's only when it's for profit.

Dantis, you have a ton of stuff you've never shared here.

I draw a lot of stuff, but I generally only put it in here if I think it's something people might be interested in.

Seeing it all is one of the advantages of following me on Tumblr, I guess! :p

Lunar15

I believe (and do not quote me on this) that the issue is only when it's blatant self promotion and nothing else. Posting your own fan art has always been appreciated since we all get something out of it. However if someone had a website they wanted people to go to, and only came to GAF in order to just promote it, that'd be a problem.

PK Gaming

Well, from what Im counting I did 50 lines already. But still only using Yukiko, Teddie and Kanji, and am not counting those scan lines since they dont show up at the top left corner. I'll buy every costume and try it also then, and since Im kind OP (just finished Void Quest though) I will run the next dungeon without killing anything so I can get lines of stronger enemies at Naoto or Heavens Dungeon.

Some people says that the lines carries over NG+, Im doing my 2nd playthrough. Could that be true? It would make things a lot easier!

Don't bother counting, it'll only make you frustrated (and it's a waste of time). If you cycle through the entire party (ie: using Yosuke, Chie, Naoto in addition to your current party) for every dungeon, then you should eventually obtain it. This is because Rise has a ton of character specific dialogue.

EX:
* Yosuke-senpai was... cool!? No way! (after Yosuke knocks down an enemy)
* Hey, Kanji, wake up! I said WAKE UP! (if Kanji is dizzy)
* Yukiko-senpai?! If looks could kill... (After killing multiple enemies)

So ideally, you will have to form 2 teams of 3 for every dungeon. It's worth noting that Rise's elemental lines (It's beary weak to electricity) count, so make sure you hear em all! Getting each characters hit by ailments will net you a ton of lines (since she has a unique ailment dialogue for every character). The protagonist's costumes alone count for like 20-25 lines, so don't miss em! And finally, try not to over level, since she has specific quotes based on how strong enemies are.

Good luck!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I believe (and do not quote me on this) that the issue is only when it's blatant self promotion and nothing else. Posting your own fan art has always been appreciated since we all get something out of it. However if someone had a website they wanted people to go to, and only came to GAF in order to just promote it, that'd be a problem.

This is the brunt of it. I mean hell there is/was a thread in off-topic that existed solely for people to share twitters (and tumblr is just another social media site as it is). I don't think posting your tumblr to share with folks, especially in a community thread like this is anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom