• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got ESFJ which is none other than "I will always be by your side protecting you" Aigis. I am okay with this. I may be more emotional than I thought.

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_n6uba2jMzd1te1y6qo1_500.jpg
Yeah this one is great. Love this one too:

kewlmyc

Ok, so this is kinda interesting, especially since we did the Tarot card thing earlier this week.

So there's a thing in psychology called the MBTI personality test, its a super simple yes/no test that gives you a personality type based on four criteria, Introversion vs Extroversion, Sensing vs Intuition, Thinking vs Feeling and Judging vs Perceiving.

At the end it gives a grouping of your personality in the shape of four letters.

Someone matched up these different types of groups and paired them with a P3 character.

There is a basic version of the test here if you want to take it.

I got INTJ, which matches up with Elizabeth "Only I can decide who I am". Would be interesting to see what other people in PGaf get on this.

From past tests, I know that I'm an ISTJ.

I don't really like it when people do a personality chart on characters in a series. Usually when people make a 16 personality types chart for a cast of character in a series, it's usually wrong since the creator of the chart tends to focus more on putting each character on the chart rather than their actual personality.

Sophia

Ok, so this is kinda interesting, especially since we did the Tarot card thing earlier this week.

So there's a thing in psychology called the MBTI personality test, its a super simple yes/no test that gives you a personality type based on four criteria, Introversion vs Extroversion, Sensing vs Intuition, Thinking vs Feeling and Judging vs Perceiving.

At the end it gives a grouping of your personality in the shape of four letters.

Someone matched up these different types of groups and paired them with a P3 character.

I got INTJ, which matches up with Elizabeth "Only I can decide who I am". Would be interesting to see what other people in PGaf get on this.

Those parings aren't quite accurate, but they get credit for trying.

I'm INFJ. I found out years ago, so I didn't need to take the test.

Tamanon

Banned
ESTP for me, although only Thinking was the definitive one. The rest were marginal.

Makes me Metis, so nobody remembers me. Might as well be FeMC.

Sophia

That chat doesn't make too much sense. I wouldn't put faith in it's characterization. Makoto Yuuki as he was in the movie doesn't fit INFJ, and Yukari definitely does not fit ENFJ. They also marked Koromaru as ENFP for whatever silly reason, when that more accurately describes Yukari.

On the other hand, Junpei and Mitsuru are fairly accurate, as is ESFJ for Aigis post-character development.

I am ISTJ, so I'm Mitsuru, apparently.

sjack

Banned
That chat doesn't make too much sense. I wouldn't put faith in it's characterization. Makoto Yuuki as he was in the movie doesn't fit INFJ, and Yukari definitely does not fit ENFJ. They also marked Koromaru as ENFP for whatever silly reason, when that more accurately describes Yukari.

Yeah, as somebody who's been familiar with MBTi for quite a while, I can confidently say that chart is inaccurate.

Also:

tumblr_mrei7bSdgO1rnfjs8o4_1280.png
tumblr_mrei7bSdgO1rnfjs8o2_1280.png
tumblr_mrei7bSdgO1rnfjs8o3_1280.png
tumblr_mrei7bSdgO1rnfjs8o5_1280.png

Sophia

Yeah, as somebody who's been familiar with MBTi for quite a while, I can confidently say that chart is inaccurate.

Also:

The real problem is that it's unlikely every member of SEES is a unique personality type. Some are more common than the others.

Those P4 one seem a bit more accurate, except the one for Narukami which seems a bit off. As an INFJ myself, they nailed Yukiko. >_>;

Lunar15

I'm INFP, but I think I tend to respond to these things more in a more introverted way than I normally am. It still fits pretty well.

That would make me Fuuka and Rise. Eat your heart out Smed!

However, I don't think Rise could be considered Introverted. EDIT: I see that conversation is already happening.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty accurate once you get to know her better during her social link.

Not accurate in the least. It is fully obvious she gets her energy from being around other people and socializing. Don't you remember how sad/down she was when she is first encountered due to her isolation?

She was originally shy and introverted, and then developed her false idol persona as a way to get people's attention.

But she was unhappy as that kind of person. An introvert can be the star of the show and an extrovert can isolate themselves from others, but what determines the type of person they are is in which type of environment they are the most comfortable i.e. where they lose energy and where they gain energy.

Sophia

She was originally shy and introverted, and then developed her false idol persona as a way to get people's attention.

This is not what the Extraversion vs. Introversion system means in regards to the MBTI. On the contrary, what you just described PEGS her as on the E side, due to the reasons Flux mentioned. :p

Nimby

Banned

I think it fits well too. You don't really see Rise communicating with others outside the group, and she hated the attention from being idol. I dunno, but I feel that description matches me pretty good, and so does Daisuke, Naoto, and Kanji.

sjack

Banned
Not accurate in the least. It is fully obvious she gets her energy from being around other people and socializing. Don't you remember how sad/down she was when she is first encountered due to her isolation?

Don't you remember when she mentions how she was nothing like Risette as a child?

sjack

Banned
This is not what the Extraversion vs. Introversion system means in regards to the MBTI. On the contrary, what you just described PEGS her as on the E side, due to the reasons Flux mentioned. :p

I guess, but I feel INFP is a pretty interesting interpretation based of the things you learn about her from her social link.

FluxWaveZ

Don't you remember when she mentions how she was nothing like Risette as a child?

That's true, and types can change, however the answer lies in whether she was happy as a shy, secluded person or whether she desired to be surrounded by people. Because of the fact that she made the effort to become known and admired by others, I have a feeling it's the latter.

Sophia

Thinking it over in regards to the P4 cast.... Naoto, Yukiko, and Kanji lean towards the introverted side of the scale. On the other hand, Rise, Chie, Teddie, Yosuke, and depending on interpretation Narukai seem to lean towards the Extroverted side of the scale. Narukami's an odd case seeing as the player can really fill in the blanks in the game and in Arena, but the anime definitely has him extroverted.

The Investigation team definitely comes off as a generally extroverted and lively group, however.

Nachos

Ah, Tiffany Grant syndrome I see.
...This has happened before?

MASSIVE SPOILERS, (DNT PRESS UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED P4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_ujIPFlpQ

I really enjoyed that, but it's jarring to hear the culprit's name in Japanese order when everything else is in English. Glad to hear everything seems to be going better from whatever you had.

Would be interesting to see what other people in PGaf get on this.
INFP, so I'm Fuuka/Rise.
Stay away, Smed.

I feel like the chart's generally right, though I definitely see Rise being an edge case of being firmly planted on the borderline between introversion and extraversion. The thing is, the assessment isn't rigid in the least and allows for transitioning between the given designations, so I could see her as moving from an INFP to an ENFP as she got older. She definitely has elements of an INFP, though.

Though, if we're going down this rabbit hole, I'd be curious to be see how everyone's assessed by the Enneagram of Personality. It hasn't been used in Persona yet, but it did serve as the basis for all the characters in 999, with their personalities defined by those particular archetypes. Personally, I'm a 9/Peacemaker.

G-Fex

Hi Persona Gaf

I've been wanting to get into this game for quite a while. I wasn't sure i'm not a regular RPG player but I've heard good things and I'm interested in the Personas.

I wanted my first game to be P4Gold but since i'm broke I do have enough GS credit to get a digital download of P3FES.

It'll be my first persona :)

Dantis

great, I'm fucking Naoto

god damn it

We can be Naoto brothers!

Hi Persona Gaf

I've been wanting to get into this game for quite a while. I wasn't sure i'm not a regular RPG player but I've heard good things and I'm interested in the Personas.

I wanted my first game to be P4Gold but since i'm broke I do have enough GS credit to get a digital download of P3FES.

Welcome!

FES is great. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi Persona Gaf

Do you have a psp/vita? Get P3P instead.

Nachos

Hi Persona Gaf

Welcome aboard! Just remember: this isn't Pokémon, so your starter Persona isn't going to grow wings and suddenly start spitting fire after a certain level, so be sure to fuse it into something else (even if you don't start getting personas equally as cool until the end game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom