• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

They also had free reign on the character movesets, with a few directions given by the Persona team.

Mhmm. It seems like Atlus mostly let them do what they want, which was probably a smarter move in the long run. On the other hand, I maintain that a lot of the game doesn't feel very Persona-y because of it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I do think that in Soejima's case he's playing up to the fact that it's an arcade game, and I think outfits like Mitsuru's and Akihiko's look like they do because of that.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The wacky designs helped make things stand out even more in a fighter (for better or for worse).

I certainly don't like them, but whatever haha. At least it got people thinking "why are they dressed like that in the story?"

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah that hair. Boooooo.

Imo the bad designs at the end are Yosuke(lol his hair), Kanji, and Yukiko(way to look like a middle aged housewife).

Yeah those three looked dumb. Yukiko wasn't awful but it wasn't even a change. She just put her hair in a ponytail.

Overall the game was great. Would be interesting to return to this cast in the future but it finished off great so it's not necessary.

Yeah those three looked dumb. Yukiko wasn't awful but it wasn't even a change. She just put her hair in a ponytail.

Overall the game was great. Would be interesting to return to this cast in the future but it finished off great so it's not necessary.

What are you guys talking about? I don't remember any final scene where everyone had different hair in the ps2 version.

Br10Ml1CcAIX26J.jpg

Sophia

The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.

That's true... I envy you, Junpei... I'm a machine, so I cannot understand how it feels to "live".

Two of my favorite quotes from Persona 3. Both endgame-ish levels of spoilers.

Setsu00

That's true... I envy you, Junpei... I'm a machine, so I cannot understand how it feels to "live".

Two of my favorite quotes from Persona 3. Both endgame-ish levels of spoilers.
I don't think that humans understand how it feels to live either, actually. After all, it's our status quo.

Sophia

Yeah, it was posted almost a month ago. The link you posted links back to the Minato Arisato account. Who I believe posts in this thread infrequently?

Caladrius

I thought Yosuke's looked fine, he needed a haircut badly.

And this is all compensated for by Chie and Ted.

Since I work with coffee all the time (I'm a barista) I always wanted to do this one, and Dantis inspired me, although I'm very old school, and still haven't adhered to digital art... Finished it up quick before my shift starts aha! Enjoy everyone!

14587150215_1d4b79e038_c.jpg

Style

Banned
My favourite quote from Persona 3:

jblWOCdZWi2eCM.png

Finally beat P4.

Kanji...your hair :(

Time to start P3P!

Congratulations on beating it!

Yeah, it was posted almost a month ago. The link you posted links back to the Minato Arisato account. Who I believe posts in this thread infrequently?

Yep, the Minato Arisato account belongs to Neogaf user MysticDistance who occasionally posts here.

Since I work with coffee all the time (I'm a barista) I always wanted to do this one, and Dantis inspired me, although I'm very old school, and still haven't adhered to digital art... Finished it up quick before my shift starts aha! Enjoy everyone!

Nice piece!

Bonus quote:

ibmZFOWfVI3ZQx.png

Yeah that hair. Boooooo.

Imo the bad designs at the end are Yosuke(lol his hair), Kanji, and Yukiko(way to look like a middle aged housewife).

I agree... I was WTF when I saw those three. Specially Yosuke and Kanji. Yosuke looked more effeminate than he was in the Cross-Dressing pageant. lol

Dat pheromone coffee... lol

Great art, dude! I wish I could have the skills to draw something myself.

My favourite quote from Persona 3:

jblWOCdZWi2eCM.png

At first, I thought Aigis was listening too much Justin Timberlake.

So what are everyone's favorite Persona quotes?

Persona 3 FES

Akihiko
I've been waiting for this!

Ryoji

Best wishes in the coming year. That’s what you say on New Year’s Eve, right?

Aigis
I still can't hurt the people who gave me my heart.

Aigis
No two viewings are alike. No two days are alike. It is natural for everything to disappear, return, and remain in a constant state of change…Life is finite and ephemeral. That is precisely what makes it precious to us, showing us that we shouldn't waste it…

Junpei
See this ramen cup right here? If I thought that this might be the last one, I’d get all emotional about it.

This is a great discovery. It’s just cheap cup ramen. Ahh, this is life… Soy sauce flavor.

Persona 4 Golden

Naoki
Living is hard huh? Even though we're already going through it...it's like we're still learning how

Margaret
People are like water flowing in a river. There is only one stream, but all who pass through it are affected differently.
Some travel fast, some change their course..experiencing countless events as they travel down the river of time

Margaret
For us residents… I'm sure this is a sin.
Now… Close your eyes.
Why, you ask…?
So that you don't witness my sinfulness.

Yosuke
yeah..in a way, your nature is like a wall, after all.
Surrounding yourself with high walls makes things simple, but simplicity isn't always a virtue...

Adachi
If crimes could be solved by appealing to morality, we wouldn't need the police!

Persona 4 Arena

Akihiko
You said before that I couldn't cast aside my fears. But I'll tell you something. People who don't have fears end up dying early or throwing their lives away. My determination coexists with my fears. I always know that death and loss are close by.
And you still say you're my shadow?
(If a shadow is just another form of one's persona)
My determination would never leave my side!

PK Gaming

Niiiiiice

So many artists on PersonaGAF. One day i'll join your ranks...

I hope

Aigis
No two viewings are alike. No two days are alike. It is natural for everything to disappear, return, and remain in a constant state of change…Life is finite and ephemeral. That is precisely what makes it precious to us, showing us that we shouldn't waste it…

Junpei
See this ramen cup right here? If I thought that this might be the last one, I’d get all emotional about it.

This is a great discovery. It’s just cheap cup ramen. Ahh, this is life… Soy sauce flavor.

Persona 4 Golden

Margaret
People are like water flowing in a river. There is only one stream, but all who pass through it are affected differently.
Some travel fast, some change their course..experiencing countless events as they travel down the river of time

Margaret
For us residents… I'm sure this is a sin.
Now… Close your eyes.
Why, you ask…?
So that you don't witness my sinfulness.

I really like these ones.

Wazzy

Banned
I thought Yosuke's looked fine, he needed a haircut badly.

And this is all compensated for by Chie and Ted.
I don't know, it was long but it fit his design. The cut hair looks really odd on him.

I did like Chie's new hair. I don't recall a big difference in Teddie's hair.
Congratulations on beating it!

Thanks!

I'm now starting male route for P3P. I'm coming back to do female route when I beat it since I really want to play that.

Style

Banned
Aigis and Junpei have the bestest quotes in P3.

Agreed! Aigis' personality makes for some great situations in both the side events and the optional dialogues.

Niiiiiice

So many artists on PersonaGAF. One day i'll join your ranks...

I hope

You can do it! Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!

iwqRexWeu4Vu8.png

Thanks!

I'm now starting male route for P3P. I'm coming back to do female route when I beat it since I really want to play that.

The inferior route...

iz7RlsLkj9cDW.png

Joking aside, both routes are great. Enjoy!

I liked all of the epilogue designs a lot. Really disappointed you couldn't use them in battle in New Game +.

Such a missed opportunity.

Just re-watched the P3 movie, that movie is gorgeous when watched properly.

First time I saw it on my computer monitor and it looked alright but nothing special. Stuck it on a HD TV and it looks phenomenal.

Any news on a home release for the second movie? I know its only recently run in theaters.

I did like Chie's new hair. I don't recall a big difference in Teddie's hair.

I never saw Chie as an attractive girl, but when I saw her new look I was DAYUM GIRL. lol She became a lot pretty.

The only change I notice in Teddie's new design is the green bra.

Dantis

I never saw Chie as an attractive girl, but when I saw her new look I was DAYUM GIRL. lol She became a lot pretty.

I've never really understood the thing with Chie either. :/

Also, for Teddie, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a gender ambiguous (but somewhat effeminate) shirt, not a bra.

Nachos

What kind of music are we expecting from p5?

Charisma.com

Really, I just want a new vocalist, more than anything.

Hopefully Capsule can get involved, they would be perfect for it. Not sure how much money it would cost for them be featured.
I really hope Nakata is involved with some of the DAN mixes. I think it's really telling that the Persona 5 Imagination Soundtrack featured a lot of Contecore artists like Copter4016682 without editing the tracks whatsoever. The latter was even the main battle track.

Nice.

Dantis

I really hope Nakata is involved with some of the DAN mixes. I think it's really telling that the Persona 5 Imagination Soundtrack featured a lot of Contecore artists like Copter4016682 without editing the tracks whatsoever. The latter was even the main battle track.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem telling at all. Are you just saying that the music fit Persona? Because I wouldn't consider that telling of what Atlus and Meguro may actually act upon.

Also, for Teddie, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a gender ambiguous (but somewhat effeminate) shirt, not a bra.
I can't speak for everybody else, but Chie had my favorite personality out of the girls. I'm also a fan of girls with shorter-medium hair in general, which is another reason Yukari is my favorite girl.

I think its just the fact that she's not supposed to be a perfect character.

She's not classically pretty like Yukiko, not celebrity sexy like Rise and not mysteriously androgynous like Naoto.

She's supposed to be that girl from school that you know who is kinda cute.

Plus, in my opinion, she's got the best personality out of the other girls in the group. She seems like the kind of person who would be fun to hang out with on a daily basis if all the story stuff wasn't going on.

Plus, I have a soft side for brawler chicks so thats why she's my favourite :D

sQPmgLPl.png

Nachos

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem telling at all. Are you just saying that the music fit Persona? Because I wouldn't consider that telling of what Atlus and Meguro may actually act upon.

Exactly. Just as a bit of context, Yasutaka Nakata is an electronic music artist who is basically most well known for being the producer for Capsule and a lot of other Japanese singers. However, he also helmed his own music label from 2003–2012, cultivating a number of bands that I'd argue share a lot of similarities with Meguro, even if he hasn't experimented with electronic music to any large extent to make those similarities any more obvious.

I was just saying that when the Atlus×P5 YouTube channel started, they were able to create make a lot of songs fit Meguro's aesthetic by moving things around. With those artists, though, they literally just uploaded those tracks with no changes (which is kinda illegal...but that's besides the point). Granted, that's all in respect to that channel's distinctive idea of what Persona 5 should be, which colors things a bit, but either way, I really believe he would be a good fit to remix Meguro's tracks.

There's nothing to imply that'll actually happen, though, especially with how scant details for the game are.

That's pretty cool!
I agree... I was WTF when I saw those three. Specially Yosuke and Kanji. Yosuke looked more effeminate than he was in the Cross-Dressing pageant. lol
Yeah, his hair + his pink shirt really makes him look more effeminate than before. I think that's pretty cool somehow because it shows that he grew out of his "EW GAY DON'T TOUCH ME IT'S CONTAGIOUS DUDE" aspect that everyone hated him for.
LOL Totally agreed. The best new look of the epilogue (along with Nanako) imo.

Dantis

I can't speak for everybody else, but Chie had my favorite personality out of the girls. I'm also a fan of girls with shorter-medium hair in general, which is another reason Yukari is my favorite girl.

She's not classically pretty like Yukiko, not celebrity sexy like Rise and not mysteriously androgynous like Naoto.

Plus, in my opinion, she's got the best personality out of the other girls in the group. She seems like the kind of person who would be fun to hang out with on a daily basis if all the story stuff wasn't going on.

I like Chie a lot too. On a purely personality based level, she's probably my favourite of the P4 ladies.

Also, I know that my read of Naoto is seemingly different to a lot of people, but I think there's a lot more to like about her than the fact that she is vaguely androgynous (and progressively less so).
Exactly. Just as a bit of context, Yasutaka Nakata is an electronic music artist who is basically most well known for being the producer for Capsule and a lot of other Japanese singers. However, he also helmed his own music label from 2003–2012, cultivating a number of bands that I'd argue share a lot of similarities with Meguro, even if he hasn't experimented with electronic music to any large extent to make those similarities any more obvious.

I was just saying that when the Atlus×P5 YouTube channel started, they were able to create make a lot of songs fit Meguro's aesthetic by moving things around. With those artists, though, they literally just uploaded those tracks with no changes (which is kinda illegal...but that's besides the point). Granted, that's all in respect to that channel's distinctive idea of what Persona 5 should be, which colors things a bit, but either way, I really believe he would be a good fit to remix Meguro's tracks.

There's nothing to imply that'll actually happen, though, especially with how scant details for the game are.

I don't really agree that any of the P5 Imagine OST (or what I heard of it) sounds like Meguro. :/

That guy might be a famous producer, but I don't feel like he's any more likely to work with Meguro than anyone else is, and I'm pretty sure P5 will be 95% a Meguro solo project.

Sophia

Chie is the kind of person I'd very likely be best buddies with. And probably help hook her up on a date or something. >_>;

I'm also a fan of girls with shorter-medium hair in general, which is another reason Yukari is my favorite girl.

Hum.. I can relate myself with something like this as I prefer girls with longer hair in general.

She seems like the kind of person who would be fun to hang out with on a daily basis if all the story stuff wasn't going on.

Yeah, I agree. I think that's why I always see her more as a friend than as a lover. Also, her tomboyish style doesn't appeal much to me in the latter case. Then I guess I like her more in the epilogue due to her more feminine look and the new hair.

How exactly are P2:IS and EP connected? (no spoilers). Is IS the main story and EP like the epilogue? or is it like the Journey and the Answer? or are they unrelated self-contained stories?

Meia

sQPmgLPl.png

NO LIES DETECTED.

:D

Chie would have made a reasonably good magician partner for a MC. If they ever did a fem MC route for P4, I'd have been disappointed if that wasn't her new role(even if arcanas didn't change). She also would have been a good candidate for one of the only female characters in the modern games that weren't romancable at all.

EPILOGUE SPOILZ:
And I dunno, I liked that most of the new epilogue appearances reflected what happens with the IT when they're not worrying about fighting for their lives and have to think about their own revelations that they came upon while the case was ongoing. Chie's hair is more feminine, Yukiko's new look is more like a businesswoman, Kanji's isn't a punk since he doesn't need that wall around himself to hide anymore, etc.

In that vein, yeah no idea what the shit Yosuke's and Teddie's new look was supposed to say. :p

FluxWaveZ

How exactly are P2:IS and EP connected? (no spoilers). Is IS the main story and EP like the epilogue? or is it like the Journey and the Answer? or are they unrelated self-contained stories?

Duology. IS first. EP last.

If you want to know how they're connected narratively, then you will get spoiled.

Also, I know that my read of Naoto is seemingly different to a lot of people, but I think there's a lot more to like about her than the fact that she is vaguely androgynous (and progressively less so).
That actually kind of bugs me in Soejima's later Naoto drawings, and his reasoning for it (it's not as much of a secret anymore) rubs me the wrong way.

Wazzy

Banned
The inferior route...

iz7RlsLkj9cDW.png

Joking aside, both routes are great. Enjoy!
I know but it said for new comers to do male route so I decided on that. :(

I'll still play females after!

I thought she was okay but nothing amazing which is funny because Videl from DBZ was one of my favourite designs. I did prefer her hair a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom