• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukari also says at the end of video "Yeah, I'm not one to say that my outfit is particulary.... subtle." so she's aware of it. It's kinda weird that her outfit doesn't have a zipper, but maybe that's why Phoenix Ranger Featherman is a popular show. :p
They should have just used Yukari's adult look introduced in Persona 3

P3_Isako_Toriumi_Render.png

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So what are everyone's favorite Persona quotes?

Persona:
"People live by wearing masks. Your current self may be only one of those innumerable masks"- Philemon
"..."- P1 MC

Persona 2 IS:
"Let's think positive"- Maya

"I am you. You are me...I shall always watch over you from within. Farewell..."- Philemon
"..."- Tatsuya

I don't remember enough about these two games to give any good quotes :p

Persona 3:
"Man, I don't want no sausage fest..."- Junpei
"I can't carry this guilt forever... I'm getting tired of it"- Akihiko
"No longer will I run from the future! I will face it head on, carrying out my father's will! I am resolved and without reservation"- Mitsuru
"Midnight's right around the corner"-Ryoji
"Don't worry. I will always be by your side, protecting you..."-Aigis (this one always hits me in the feels)

Persona 4:
"You're me...and I'm you, dammit!"- Kanji
"So you were after my fuzzy fur!"- Teddie
"Distance doesn't matter to us. Even if we're apart we're still friends!"- Yosuke
"Get up...You're not like me right?"- Adachi
Probably could have chosen some better ones but these were the only ones I remembered

Alright, ignoring her outfit's practicality for battle (which is... questionable), this still reads like a lot of lack of forward thinking on her part, which is really not in character.

You have a fair and good point, sir. She could be indeed more forward thinking on that.

Arena and Ultimax are well aware of how dumb the designs are--they're designed to make them flashy fighting game characters. The contrived justifications come secondary, but unfortunately the game wants to be both a goofy crossover fighter and a serious sequel with an actual story, but this dichotomy comes up again and again and it really can't be both effectively.

I totally agree with you on that. But the thing that helped me to see P4A as a real sequel and not a goofy crossover fighter was Labrys' well written history. Mitsuru's and Aigis' stories were also great imo, there were very serious things that I can only relate with Persona series if we ignore the limo and outfits joke. Akihiko on other side doesn't looked like him at all. Shadow Operatives was an interesting addition as a 'professional' approach of the fighting shadow issue. It could be used as a more mature alternative opposed to the regular teenage fighting group used in every Persona. I'd like to see that approach more developed. So, in the end, I can "eat" that serious sequel thing.. but I understand your point.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 4 Endurance Run:
*Bufu gets absorbed by boss
"Okay, don't cast ice."
[...]
*Deliberates what to cast
"Not ice."
[...]
"Aw man... we're, like, not even half way? That's insane. Like... we're not, we're not chumps. We're pretty... you know..."
*Casts bufu
"NO, WHAT'D YOU DO!?"
"Oh... did I do ice on him?"
"Oh my GOD, dude. COME ON."

FluxWaveZ

well I played only a little of the original P4A, new one is like a sequel or super revised version with tons of added content?

Sequel. A bit too much to list at this point, but part of the new stuff in it:

- 7 new characters
- Playable Shadow character counter-parts bringing new mechanics
- 7+ new stages
- Significant gameplay changes, including new SB Supers
- "Lengthy" story mode divided into 3 distinct chapters promoted as the finale to the P-1 Grand Prix saga (along with a P4A recap episode)
- A ton of new music
- New Golden Arena Mode game mode fusing Persona RPG systems with a fighting game core like BlazBlue's Abyss Mode

So I was searching for P4A winning quotes and in this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641697-persona-4-arena/62730099
The OP was translating japenese lines before the game came out, and the Yosuke vs Elizabeth one goes: (P4 spoilers)

Vs. Elizabeth
I-It’s her, that woman’s little sister!
Uhm, would you mind… giving me your phone number?
Oh, I see, you don’t have a mobile...

Meaning
The Investigation Team battle against Margaret is canon
. However, in the localized version he says the phone number bit, but doesn't say the first line. I guess they didn't want to spoiler the battle?

G-Fex

Sequel. A bit too much to list at this point, but part of the new stuff in it:

- 7 new characters
- Playable Shadow character counter-parts bringing new mechanics
- 7+ new stages
- Significant gameplay changes, including new SB Supers
- "Lengthy" story mode divided into 3 distinct chapters promoted as the finale to the P-1 Grand Prix saga (along with a P4A recap episode)
- A ton of new music
- New Golden Arena Mode game mode fusing Persona RPG systems with a fighting game core like BlazBlue's Abyss Mode

sounds awesome thanks!

FluxWaveZ

Meaning
The Investigation Team battle against Margaret is canon
. However, in the localized version he says the phone number bit, but doesn't say the first line. I guess they didn't want to spoiler the battle?

How do you know his English win quote vs. Elizabeth? From Anime Expo gameplay or something I missed?

I had seen that quote before, but I don't recall the first line. I guess I might have glossed over it, though it could mean something else, too.

How do you know his English win quote vs. Elizabeth? From Anime Expo gameplay or something I missed?

I had seen that quote before, but I don't recall the first line. I guess I might have glossed over it, though it could mean something else, too.

I'm talking about Persona 4 Arena's quotes, not Ultimax's. The localized one is just "U-Um, miss…! If you don't mind, can you give me your number? Oh, you don't have one…"

From P3:

Yukari: "More like Stupei, Ace defective."

Akinari: "I… I can be glad that I was born…"

Pharos: "No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes."

Pharos: "I’ll be watching you, even if you forget about me…"

Takeharu: "There are things in this world that cannot be accomplished alone, no matter how many sacrifices you make."

Akihiko: "If we want the world to change, we have to believe it’ll happen."

Takaya: "Man cannot face death without first finding meaning in life…"

Aigis: "I won’t forget that you were my enemy… and my friend."

Junpei: "The only one who can tell you what your purpose is, is you."

Shinjiro: "You’ve got your whole life ahead of you, so don’t waste it."

Mitsuru: "If I reconsider and decline the engagement, then what will I do? Leave everything behind and go on a journey of self discovery...? If I did... would you come with me...?

Mitsuru: "Let's make some memories that will last forever."

Mitsuru: "Come what may...we'll always be together."

All the quotes by Nyx Avatar

I'll put my favorites from P4 in a minute

From P3:

Yukari: "More like Stupei, Ace defective."

Akinari: "I… I can be glad that I was born…"

Pharos: "No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes."

Pharos: "I’ll be watching you, even if you forget about me…"

Takeharu: "There are things in this world that cannot be accomplished alone, no matter how many sacrifices you make."

Akihiko: "If we want the world to change, we have to believe it’ll happen."

Takaya: "Man cannot face death without first finding meaning in life…"

Aigis: "I won’t forget that you were my enemy… and my friend."

Junpei: "The only one who can tell you what your purpose is, is you."

Shinjiro: "You’ve got your whole life ahead of you, so don’t waste it."

Mitsuru: "If I reconsider and decline the engagement, then what will I do? Leave everything behind and go on a journey of self discovery...? If I did... would you come with me...?

Mitsuru: "Let's make some memories that will last forever."

Mitsuru: "Come what may...we'll always be together."

All the quotes by Nyx Avatar

I'll put my favorites from P4 in a minute

THE ARCANA IS THE MEANS BY WHICH ALL IS REVEALED

FluxWaveZ

Interesting to think that, after months of hearing about it, we probably won't be getting much PQ news this month after it came out last month and since there apparently won't be anymore DLC for it. Wonder when they'll put those last character trailers out.

Hm, trying to think of potential future Persona news, what comes to mind is P4AU, P3M #3 and... PSC, I guess? I wonder if P4D will join the mix this month.

Edit: Atlus PR Twitter account just retweeted this Famitsu article on Press Start 2014, which seems to be an upcoming musical performance of video game music that will feature Persona 4 songs, among others.

I'm also going with the Persona 4 Endurance Run:
When looking at the Persona Andra
"Hey I heard you guys wanted to party!"
"Dad, put your pants on!"
"I'm wearing my owl head!"

Ok real one from Persona 3:
Yukari: "Are you afraid of ghosts?"
Makoto:"Yeah"
Yukari: "Oh, put your purse down, Sally. I'm counting on you.
That's probably not the exact quote but it's similar.

And the quotes from P4 (I had a lot of the P3 ones saved in my PC so maybe I'm forgetting a lot of good ones from P4):

Yosuke: "I thought my life’d finally have meaning if I was ‘special’ to someone. But I really didn’t need it… It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

Yosuke: "Distance doesn't matter to us! Even if we're separated we're still friends!"

Chie (talking about Rise): "Damn, this girls is dangerous!"

Kanji: "What you're really asking is... 'Will you please beat the shit out of me, Kanji?'"

Kanji: "I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!"

Kanji: "That's it. I quit. This just ain't my thing. The hell with exams. It's time for my animal crackers."

Teddie: "I'm glad I met you!"

Teddie: "Kanji! So you WERE after my fuzzy fur!"

Teddie: "Gimme your hearts!"

Teddie: "Kanji, you dunno what Ma means?
You're such a hopeless idiot.
Now listen up. A Ma- skill is like
a regular skill, but it affects
all the enemies..."

Kou: "I love dem balls"

Naoto: "Are you a pack of imbeciles?"

Shadow Naoto: "How could you be the ideal man when you were never male to begin with...?"

Yukiko: "We do stuff like, "Persona!" with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows..."

Nanako: "I remember the day you came... that was the day I got a brother"

Nanako: "Please.. Don't go!"

Every Rise's flirting quotes

Every poem by Marie in her dungeon

Everytime Teddie is excited about something

THE ARCANA IS THE MEANS BY WHICH ALL IS REVEALED

I got chills! xD

So, I'll just put these brilliant lines already:

Magician: "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.
Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination."
Priestess: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom."
Empress: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Celebrate life's grandeur...It's brilliance...It's magnificence..."
Emperor: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer..."
Heirophant: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself..."
Lovers: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another..."
Chariot: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goals..."
Justice: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
To find the one true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty..."
Hermit: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path..."
Fortune: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Along time exist fate, the bearer of cruelty."
Strength: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment."
Hangman: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal."
Death:"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."

THIS GAME

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I got chills! xD

So, I'll just put these brilliant lines already:

Magician: "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination."
Priestess: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom."
Empress: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Celebrate life's grandeur...It's brilliance...It's magnificence..."
Emperor: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer..."
Heirophant: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself..."
Lovers: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another..."
Chariot: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goals..."
Justice: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
To find the one true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty..."
Hermit: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path..."
Fortune: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Along time exist fate, the bearer of cruelty."
Strength: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment."
Hangman: "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal."
Death:"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."

THIS GAME

Eternity awaits!

Acid08

Banned
"They bought me cotton candy! You never buy me cotton candy, all you do is smoke and hold a jacket."
This one makes me laugh every single time.

Also:
"Take those pins off your jacket, they signify your desirability to become impregnated by da transfer student."

PK Gaming

Everyone makes mistakes.

Do you have a source on this though? I'd be interested in reading it.

It's all from the Persona 4 Arena Design works

The Arcys team would receive the new P3 designs from the Persona team, and were tasked with creating sprites based on them. They were actually shocked by Aki and Mitsuru's new design, and particularly had trouble implementing Mitsuru's coat, but the Persona team were relentless in their specifications.

You can blame him for Labrys's silly uniform too. He justified it by saying that since Aigis was wearing Gekkoukan uniform, Labrys should wear the Yaso one (since she was her counterpart)

Squire

Banned
It's all from the Persona 4 Arena Design works

The Arcys team would receive the new P3 designs from the Persona team, and were tasked with creating sprites based on them. They were actually shocked by Aki and Mitsuru's new design, and particularly had trouble implementing Mitsuru's coat, but the Persona team were relentless in their specifications.

You can blame him for Labrys's silly uniform too. He justified it by saying that since Aigis was wearing Gekkoukan uniform, Labrys should wear the Yaso one (since she was her counterpart)

I'll shake his hand.

If you ever have a lot of free time I HIGHLY recommend you to watch the endurance run. It gives a whole new perspective on Persona 4. My favorites are when they rip on Dojima, and this quote, in addition to the ones posted above, is one of my favorites:
Typical dinner scene at Dojima's house.
Nanako: "How come Young Detective comes over for dinner and sleeps in mommy's bed?

Jintor

I love the Endurance Run. It's so good.

I wish we could get a rehash of Jeff and Vinny playing the additional Golden content, but alas, it's completely unfeasible

Dantis

It was a mistake on my part

Instead of he, I should have said *they*

My feelings from the art book is that (as I think a lot of us suspected anyway), both teams just said "Hey, you know what would be fun?" and just went with it.

I do think that in Soejima's case he's playing up to the fact that it's an arcade game, and I think outfits like Mitsuru's and Akihiko's look like they do because of that.

PK Gaming

My feelings from the art book is that (as I think a lot of us suspected anyway), both teams just said "Hey, you know what would be fun?" and just went with it.

I do think that in Soejima's case he's playing up to the fact that it's an arcade game, and I think outfits like Mitsuru's and Akihiko's look like they do because of that.

Arcys didn't have any input on the designs at all. They just followed orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom