• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimaou

So, what is everyone actually expecting the announcement to be?

Considering the circumstances of the stream, it's almost certainly Persona related, but I doubt it's a game. We're already pretty saturated in upcoming Persona games, some of which we know next to nothing about.

Meia suggested in IRC that it's the announcement of another concert event/tour, which seems pretty reasonable, especially since the stream is region locked.

Edit: Or he could beat me to posting, that works too.

FluxWaveZ

Next Persona concert announcement and it showcasing some music from the upcoming Persona 5.

A "major new project" is a regular concert that is actually not new? Sounds as outlandish as the people suggesting that what they were going to show on November 24 was going to be an iOS game, a Persona concert or the announcement of a P4A sequel.

Mr. RHC

So been playing Persona 3 for a couple of hours! I like the setting, story started rather dark. First thing I noticed that the first few scenes are the game playing itself, which I can understand while acting as a tutorial.

Characters seem to be fun, Junpei of course who's face I'm already very well aware of because one GAF member is or was sporting his avatar.

Let's see where this is going.

Edit: Oh, also, second thing I noticed is the laid back walk of the main character... like... laaiiiiiiiiiiid baaaaaaack.

Meia

A "major new project" is a regular concert that is actually not new? Sounds as outlandish as the people suggesting that what they were going to show on November 24 was going to be an iOS game, a Persona concert or the announcement of a P4A sequel.

The region locking is making me think it's not going to be anything we'd really want, or would come overseas. Unless they're doing it to limit traffic for the site. Who knows?

FluxWaveZ

The region locking is making me think it's not going to be anything we'd really want, or would come overseas. Unless they're doing it to limit traffic for the site. Who knows?

Exactly. They could be doing it to limit foreign traffic to the stream, it could be something that is targeted specifically at a Japanese audience or whatever else we can't think of. But, again, I don't see how ''concert'' = ''major new project.''

If anything, it would be under ''the latest news for the series'', which they already explicitly pointed out they will talk about on Dark Hour TV.

lSn8xYl.jpg

CorvoSol

Please. Everyone knows Yu is Freddie. Being Shaggy is Yosuke's schtick.

Persona 2 IS

Wow there's a lot of P1 characters popping up here. Not only does Yukino join my party (what on earth is she wearing?) but Ms. Saeko teaches here and Principal Hanya is still an asshole. After breakin' clocks with mops, I come to find out that
Principal Hanya is one of a long line of villains who have Personas.

And just so I have this clear. In Persona 1 demons and angels were all
manifestations of Maki's psyche made physical by the Deva system, right? Like they were all, essentially, personas of hers?
In Persona 3, shadows are
the evil, negative, sticky or unhappy thoughts of mankind birthed from Nyx, who is a deity representative of mankind's desire to give up and die? as opposed to the major shadows who were fragments of Ryoji/Death created during the Kirijo experiment?
And in Persona 4 shadows are
manifestations of those same negative emotions in the world of the human mind inside the TV.

I'm probably off base on some of those, but I'm going to hazard a guess that in Persona 2 the demons are
the product of rumors coming true.

Quoting from the thread about this:

-New PQ trailer. (Since it's Friday, and that's when we usually get PQ trailers. Maybe that's what the "Movie" page on PQ is for)
-Ken Amada for P4AU. (Would make sense, especially since this stream will be focused on P3, and Ken joins the party during the time that the second movie takes place in, unless I'm wrong. Ken is also in the second P3 movie, as shown in some of the trailers for it)
-Showcase of remixed songs in P4D. (My guess is that a few of the guests are composers who are doing remixes for P4D. Hashino stated in Dengeki that there would be remixed tracks by composers, but I may be wrong)
-First P5 info. Nothing too major, though. (P5 was revealed with the 55:555 countdown, and Hashino stated we'd see more info at the start of the year. Friday is the fifth day of the week, and May is the fifth month of the year)

This is what I think the "latest information" will be.

So been playing Persona 3 for a couple of hours! I like the setting, story started rather dark. First thing I noticed that the first few scenes are the game playing itself, which I can understand while acting as a tutorial.

Characters seem to be fun, Junpei of course who's face I'm already very well aware of because one GAF member is or was sporting his avatar.

Let's see where this is going.

Edit: Oh, also, second thing I noticed is the laid back walk of the main character... like... laaiiiiiiiiiiid baaaaaaack.
It's good to hear that you're enjoying it.
I think I'll start P3 again too actually, as I kinda rushed it the first time through. It's P3P though so I can't see Makoto's walking D:

LX_Theo

Banned

I haven't looked into it, much, but I recall it being phrased as a "new project", which would mean it'd be something new. My best guess is a P4A anime. Only other thing I could think of that would be significant would be P5 being ported to PS4 and/or Vita. Which I doubt.

Soriku

Quoting from the thread about this:

-New PQ trailer. (Since it's Friday, and that's when we usually get PQ trailers. Maybe that's what the "Movie" page on PQ is for)
-Ken Amada for P4AU. (Would make sense, especially since this stream will be focused on P3, and Ken joins the party during the time that the second movie takes place in, unless I'm wrong. Ken is also in the second P3 movie, as shown in some of the trailers for it)
-Showcase of remixed songs in P4D. (My guess is that a few of the guests are composers who are doing remixes for P4D. Hashino stated in Dengeki that there would be remixed tracks by composers, but I may be wrong)
-First P5 info. Nothing too major, though. (P5 was revealed with the 55:555 countdown, and Hashino stated we'd see more info at the start of the year. Friday is the fifth day of the week, and May is the fifth month of the year)

None of these are unannounced titles.

FluxWaveZ

At least some of these sound possible, but it also depends on how long the show will actually last. It's at 11:30 PM JST, so I would have thought 30 minutes, but an hour is also possible, especially with a name like "Dark Hour TV: Persona Hour". Plus, perhaps 15 minutes would be too short for both segments.

Also depends on the scope of the show, at least for its second segment. This reminds me of the November 24 event by being a Persona live stream handled independently by Atlus, except less large in scope.

None of these are unannounced titles.

“the latest news for the series”

Haha, cool! Here on Brazil, May 1st is a holiday, so if I'm not travelling, I end having a party that day. Last year I got an awesome P4 chibi collection as a gift. :O

In my family, we have a similar situation. My brother has the same birthday as a cousin, they end doing one big party, haha.

Wow, I'm from Chile so here May 1st is also a holiday, I study at the capital, Santiago, but my family lives in other town, so thanks to the next day being a holiday I always get to travel to my hometown for my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom