• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

My Aigis nendoroid finally arrived this afternoon! I never had so much fun with a toy/figure before :D
Here's Aigis next to my Rise keychain.
9uSQLcG.jpg

edit: oops I didn't know this would be on a new page :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck. Screwed up on being muted by Shadow Teddie. Get wiped out when I was slowly wittling him away at low level/35 on Hard.

Damn it. Now I gotta redo Rise and then get back to him. He isn't so bad this outing after busting my ass on PS2 mostly because I have null fire and two null-ice Persona. Though it seems my debuffs on Jack Frost don't really last long enough/raise damage enough to be useful. So I might as well spam elements for Yosuke and Kanji, Rampage with Chie and heal with Seta.

Rhapsody

Banned
Narukami mirrors were fun but frustrating. I will never block fullscreen Ziocar D:

I tried to barrier on my first match with Flux out of BB habit. That sure got me killed lol
Fun stuff though. Played impatient and dumb until my last match where I tried to take it easy and block more.

Worked out until I forgot about command grab. lol

FluxWaveZ

Narukami mirrors were fun but frustrating. I will never block fullscreen Ziocar D:

I don't understand why random had to give me Narukami so many times against you guys.

Again, glad that 5D stuff is gone in P4U2. When I'm forced to play as him or Chie, it's real easy to use their dumb oki business as crutches. Still have to do some improving with them before it comes out; it's going to be hard to remember proper conversions for the whole cast in Ultimax.

Edit: Speaking of True Story (kinda), it's interesting how Rise's Awakening concert super in that PSC gameplay video is made to look like it takes 17-19 seconds to execute (look at the timer).

hao chi

I tried to barrier on my first match with Flux out of BB habit. That sure got me killed lol
Fun stuff though. Played impatient and dumb until my last match where I tried to take it easy and block more.

Worked out until I forgot about command grab. lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Sophia

You had me fooled for a minute there, I must admit!

The implication of your post is that Smedwicks had you fooled for a very long time. Which in fact makes him the Magnificent Bastard of PersonaGAF.
Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to link that trope.

To be honest, if I had the money I'd probably buy a whole ton of Persona Nendoroid. Too expensive for me however.

CorvoSol

I turned 21 =D time to change my avatar for the rest of the day

tumblr_lrxqhjpmxV1qm8i9ao1_500.png

All this meat reminds me that P4A's manga made Chie's desire to eat Yosuke way more suggestive than it was in the game.

Like apparently
Shadow Labrys
can make it look like Chie's jacket, shirt, and bra are all just sliding right off! While talking about eating Yosuke alive!

Caladrius

Happy Mirthday!

Hey, cool, we have the same birthday :D I'm turning 28 today.

Happy birthday!

And happy Mirthday to you!

All this meat reminds me that P4A's manga made Chie's desire to eat Yosuke way more suggestive than it was in the game.

Like apparently
Shadow Labrys
can make it look like Chie's jacket, shirt, and bra are all just sliding right off! While talking about eating Yosuke alive!

Labrys is the secret biggest pervert in Persona.

These forum option selects.
Option select? Is that where you change settings?

Kappa
I still haven't unboxed mine, I'm so lazy  ̄Д ̄
The same can be said of all of your nendos, especially that Jack Frost one :p

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to the both of you!

Thanks all for your kind words!
Did some avatars this morning, so feel free to use them:
monoteddiepersonadang6mk5k.png
yunaegipersonadanganryjjr1.png
chieasahinapersonadan0aj92.png
naotokirigiripersonad7wjnp.png

kanjiowadapersonadangt4jwp.png
yukikomaizonopersonadrlkai.png
yosukekuwatapersonadawfjzr.png
riseenoshimapersonadawcjn4.png

Oh God that Rise is 2cute

I'm half-tempted to ask for an avatarized face

This one is specially for you ;)
risesmedwickspersonadt3j8y.png

Damn that Rise, Chie, and Teddie are perfect! Great job Ridley! No wonder it took you a long time.

I started the week trying to make the Persona 4 cast as the Persona 3 cast, but when half the week passed it became too of a big project, and I didn't really like how was turning out. I also just bought Danganronpa, so imagination started flowing for that, so I decided to make it about that at the end (I was in chapter 5 when I started and I think I catched a glimpse of a spoiler when I was trying to gather character art, thank god I already have thought of that as a possibility for the ending, so it wasn't too bad). So thats why it was a long project lol

And yeah, I think some of the tropes are a perfect fit (thats why I started doing it, with Chie, Naoto, Kanji and Teddie as a perfect fit) then came the rest. The one where I had more problems was Yosuke, I knew the one that really fit was Leon (even if it wasn't a good fit, it was better than the rest), because I really hate Leon's character (he is a fucking douche and I hate his faces), I prefered to do Takao, but I know deep inside me, the mix with Youske will turn shit, so I decided to do Leon at the end. At least it was more fun drawing him than I thought.

Amazing work, dude! I just bought Danganronpa, so maybe after I finish it I'll love this even more than I'm doing right now.

You are going to have a great time! Beware of looking anything (even art or music in youtube) even if you are tempted, becuase it's very dangerous, I nearly had the end game spoiled becuase I was looking for character art for the wallpapers.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to you both!! :)

FluxWaveZ

The Friday announcement might turn out to be a game after all, and a pretty interesting one from the sounds of things. I would not expect a P3 remake.

I was thinking that if the "major project" was to be a game, it'd be a collab. project, and now I guess I think that even more? Man, why did they region lock that stream...

Tiu Neo

Thanks everyone!

The Friday announcement might turn out to be a game after all, and a pretty interesting one from the sounds of things. I would not expect a P3 remake.

I was thinking that if the "major project" was to be a game, it'd be a collab. project, and now I guess I think that even more? Man, why did they region lock that stream...

I don't think it's a game, or if it is, I don't think it'll be out this year. We have PQ and P4U getting the market push right now, and they haven't even shown us anything from P4D and P5 since the reveal. They have a lot on their plate right now. D:

(But yeah, I would like a P3Vita after that.)

Dantis

Happy birthday, guys!

I was under the impression that anime wasn't your thing. Are actually implying that anime as a whole is bad or...

It was a joke.

I don't think it's a game, or if it is, I don't think it'll be out this year. We have PQ and P4U getting the market push right now, and they haven't even shown us anything from P4D and P5 since the reveal. D:

I just straight up don't think it's a game.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think it's a game, or if it is, I don't think it'll be out this year. We have PQ and P4U getting the market push right now, and they haven't even shown us anything from P4D and P5 since the reveal. D:

So you think what that composer is saying is unrelated to the Friday announcement? That's possible, I suppose.

They unveiled Persona 4 Dancing and Persona 5 nearly a year before they're going to come to market, however, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced several months before it's going to hit the market. I wouldn't say it's not probable for them to announce games that will be arriving in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom