• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Hmm, draw Kokoro in a cool looking Yukiko costume (vice versa works too or you can draw both if you're up for it :p). I'll let you decide which.

Well it would be Yukiko dressed as Kokoro, I guess.

Choose an outfit and it shall be done.

Lemstar

can you draw marie eating a nature valley bar

chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

CorvoSol

Oh sorry I meant to put Q there as in "Persona Q"

Haha, no worries I got that.

Pretty much.

CorvoSol, the problems you brought up aren't unique to Marie. Like how crush brought up in his thoughts, a lot of the characters in this game go through that development problem. They develop mainly on the basis of interacting with P4MC and no one else. And they disappear from the spotlight as soon as their arc is over.

I don't think it's quite the same, though, since their social links allow them to have time in the sun over much of the course of the game and they get a fair amount of involvement in the plot as it happens, too. Even Naoto, who is pretty damn late to the party, is given an adequate place in the plot and sustained after her arc by her Social Link and interactions with the cast. Marie differs because she's absent from actual plot scenes. She's not involved in your capture of the villain, nor really in the quest to find the villain at all, and when it comes time to confront your final foe, she isn't at the table, even though she has a pretty good reason to be and connection to the case. I really don't think the rest of the cast suffers this problem at all or at the very least to anywhere near the same extent. It isn't about being in the spotlight, for clarity's sake, it's about being a part of the group dynamic, which Marie's character feels like she should, but isn't.

Haha, yes! I think I saw some of your posts on the BrazilGAF OT. :D

Ah yes, BrazilGAF, where I nerd out over how awesome I think Brazil is.

PK Gaming

Battle is clunky as FUCK though. Like, I almost feel like they went out of their way to make negotiation an even more annoying process in this game. Since when you choose someone to be the negotiator, you don't just immediately start their negotiations. You have to scroll down and click "confirm" from a list of people for some weird reason. It's small, but an incredibly obtuse decision that somehow makes battles more of a hassle. The tradeoff, if you want to call it that, is that battles are shorter in spite of this because enemies are pushovers.

Like, y'all weren't kidding when you said this game was babies mode. I recover SP just walking around and NO ONE DOES MORE THAN SINGLE DIGIT DAMAGE. Persona 1 was by no means a hard game (barring its shitacular boss fights), but enemies still put up more resistance than that!

Told you man, Persona 2: Innocent Sin is one of the easiest RPGs ever made. Actually, the version you're playing is even easier (though the original version was still pretty damn easy. With the exception of the final boss, which would make even a grown man weep)

If anyone votes for my DOA costume in the costume competition I will love you forever.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...6851554085605/520486094722147/?type=3&theater

Done. Godspeed, Dantis.

Dantis

Just checked, and I'm currently 13th. Gah!

Rise X Naoto, pls? or Yu X Rise.

You mean just a picture of Rise and Naoto together?

This, this, or this will do.

EDIT: After asking in the chat, 2nd one if you really want me to pick lol

That's fine.

Well, now that you mention it, a psychotic looking shadow
Adachi
would be most appreciated. :)

Also fine

Voted. If its okay, I think a shadow version of FeMC would be cool (basically FeMC with a more shadow like pose, posture, and expression).

Also fine.

P1C0HLI.jpg

I didn't think anyone would notice.
Ellie can be pretty anime.

Hrmmm. Could you draw Kirino in your style in the p4 uniform? Kinda like Mio for chet? Just a small sketch would be cool.

If you tell me who that is, yes I can. Is it K-On again?

Voted. I hope you're happy.

Draw Junpei.

I am and I shall. Thank you!

It's just a first attempt, but if you'd like to see it:

Dantis and I might be teaming up to do a "banner" graphic for the tournament as well, so stay tuned... :D

Amazing!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that was a hilarious loss for Shadow Teddie.

"MARAKUNDA!"

(Oh crap! GUARD EVERYONE!)

"HEAT WA--"

(Chie finally steps up and counters)

"--GAHHHHH! *death*"

Had to eat one or two life beads to revive the party and like two Amrita Sodas while Yosuke and Seta went on heal duty for Chie and Kanji to do damage. But worth it at a low level.

Now to S-rank until the next dungeon! :D!? ( D: )

I don't think it's quite the same, though, since their social links allow them to have time in the sun over much of the course of the game and they get a fair amount of involvement in the plot as it happens, too. Even Naoto, who is pretty damn late to the party, is given an adequate place in the plot and sustained after her arc by her Social Link and interactions with the cast. Marie differs because she's absent from actual plot scenes. She's not involved in your capture of the villain, nor really in the quest to find the villain at all, and when it comes time to confront your final foe, she isn't at the table, even though she has a pretty good reason to be and connection to the case. I really don't think the rest of the cast suffers this problem at all or at the very least to anywhere near the same extent. It isn't about being in the spotlight, for clarity's sake, it's about being a part of the group dynamic, which Marie's character feels like she should, but isn't.

Should she? Her premise, and her later connections to
the final villain
gives her singular importance. But at the same time it makes it really hard to tie in the group in a conventional way. It's why she feels like such an empty, add-on character.

The few things that Marie did bring to the table, it was due to her unique role as a velvet room dweller. IMO, they should have just went all out making her a compelling NPC instead of this sort of half-and-half thing.

I also disagree with the idea that Naoto was given an adequate spot in the story but that's another discussion. heh

CorvoSol

Should she? Her premise, and her later connections to
the final villain
gives her singular importance. But at the same time it makes it really hard to tie in the group in a conventional way. It's why she feels like such an empty, add-on character.

The few things that Marie did bring to the table, it was due to her unique role as a velvet room dweller. IMO, they should have just went all out making her a compelling NPC instead of this sort of half-and-half thing.

I also disagree with the idea that Naoto was given an adequate spot in the story but that's another discussion. heh

Well regardless of whether you think she should be an NPC or an ultra late party member, I think we can all agree that Marie needed to stop being half one and half the other.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well regardless of whether you think she should be an NPC or an ultra late party member, I think we can all agree that Marie needed to stop being half one and half the other.

Tbh I felt that Marie should've been in vanilla P4. Maybe like a student just like the rest or something like that.

arue

I voted for you Dantis! Good luck!

I also would like a picture of P3MC and Naoto side by side. It can just be a sketch and no need to be colored.

P4's ending didn't really do much for me either, though in my case it's because growing up in a military family I've moved away from close friends many times, and it sucks, but you get over it, find new friends after school starts back up, and hopefully keep in touch with your old friends.

Also, I can't really be sad for Yu after the shitty ending Makoto got.

I can't relate to your personal experiences, but without any sort of "permanence" to his leaving, it didn't really get to me. Like, I knew that he could easily get back to Inaba during a break or hell, even just call his friends. And then P4A demolishes it by having him come back a mere 2 months later.

Since it is an inevitability that P5 will have some sad/emotional ending, I hope they do a better job.

She needed to be added to the main cast earlier than
2 months before the end of the game. It makes her seem really out of place near the end when everyone is supposed to all sad that you're leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom