• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan-hime

cAwakMr.png

It's TrueSelf's waifu our pink sniper, YUKA-TAN!

also please don't be like these people when the stream happens.

Dantis

Yukari's new portrait. Looks pretty good. Also, looks like I was right about her side-on portrait having different hair. Her hair in this picture is just a slightly longer version of what she's always had.

Also, that trailer music is kinda bad, though I think it's probably a track that won't show up anywhere else.

Boy, there is going to be some serious disappointment tomorrow.

Yukari's new portrait. Looks pretty good. Also, looks like I was right about her side-on portrait having different hair. Her hair in this picture is just a slightly longer version of what she's always had.

Boy, there is going to be some serious disappointment tomorrow.

im excited for the p4a animu r u dantis?

Dantis

Yukari's hair looks fine to me, to be honest. It's a kind of weird hairstyle, particularly compared to the more realistic styles in P4, but I don't think it looks bad.

I'm not either but its a more likely guess than most of the ones out there!

I have a feeling it will be something nobody has guessed.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I translated it~

I was going to hold off on doing this until later than usual because translating after a night of alcoholic fun times isn't normally a combination I indulge in, but I'm pretty sure I was sober and figured I'd probably mistranslate "Feather" as "Phaser" or something if I waited until later and forgot, so here we are~

[Edit: Haha, joke's on me, I actually messed up one part that way! Time to retroactively edit via annotations!]

cAwakMr.png

It's TrueSelf's waifu our pink sniper, YUKA-TAN!

No no, you had it right the first time. ;D

Loving this new trailer for Yukari, looks like there's going to be more anime cutscenes in this one, possibly showing her on the Neo Featherman show? Also really enjoyed the Shadow Yukari stinger at the end-- she's definitely going to be my main in Ultimax! <3

EDIT:

Along with Yukari's trailer, there are few other new things added to the P4AU site:

-A "Story" section containing four panels. The one for Episode: Persona 4 is currently available.
-The following characters have been added to the "Character" section (without accompanying trailers):
Shadow Yukari (with Yukari's trailer)
Yu
Shadow Yu
Yosuke
Shadow Yosuke
Chie
Shadow Chie
Yukiko
Shadow Yukiko

Since I now have access to some pretty high-quality renders ripped off the official site, if anyone wants some avatars of these characters, let me know! :)

Mdesilva

Chie or Shadow Yukari would be pretty nice to use sometime in the future ;)

But as much as I like Chie, Shadow Chie is kinda really gross. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Yosuke, on the other hand, look super badass.

FluxWaveZ

-A "Story" section containing four panels. The one for Episode: Persona 4 is currently available.

Interesting positioning for Episode P4. My bet is that the first slot is "P-GP". The second is "Episode P3". The third is already there, "Episode P4". Don't know what the fourth would be; maybe a conclusion episode or a Sho origin episode like Labrys had?

Dantis

Yup, new OST seems very weak so far. Weaker than Arena, in my opinion.

I don't think we've had any Meguro yet, either? Maybe he'll have done Sho's theme or something.

Also, I was comparing Rise's portrait to the others, and it's definitely noticeably rougher than the others, including Junpei and Yukari. Very weird.

Tamanon

Banned
Well now it's missing characters, and only has one "Coming Soon" TV for Ken. Guess they wanted people to stop counting open slots to guess the newbies.

FluxWaveZ

Well now it's missing characters, and only has one "Coming Soon" TV for Ken. Guess they wanted people to stop counting open slots to guess the newbies.

I don't think those slots were ever supposed to be important considering the number of characters in the game; site's still being updated. You'll notice that Shadow Junpei isn't there either.

Nachos

PersonaGAF WOULD find a Marvel dating sim

Kappa

Oh, there was nothing to "find." When I found this in my junior year of high school, it left an indelible mark on me. I haven't even thought about it in for years, but this is the special kind of game where, if the right things are mentioned, I can retrieve it from the dark recesses of my mind.

I believe he was making a joke about the typos in that post.

I'm actually a pretty solid writer, but no one who's been following me on Twitter for the past six months would believe that.
Right over my head.
Right over mine, too, apparently.

To be honest, I really don't care about typos, especially when I only ever post to GAF from my phone. I was just wondering if there was a story behind that extra copy, assuming you were grouping vanilla and ultimate together.

I knew a guy who somehow stumbled into three copies of Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast, ddespite not owning one himself. I'm used to people owning multiple copies of the same game, especially when Persona's concerned.

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it.

1) The typing sound can be removed. I included it because i have pheonix wright ingrain into my memory :p

2) Apologies for any grammar/typos. I didn't proof read it.

3/4) Yeah, i need to get the layout down. Strangely enough, it looks perfect on my computer and mimics the P4A layout greatly. However, there was a conflict with youtube's resolution and the resolution that i used to program the scene. Trial and error. Hopefully i'll have it down for episode 2. This is also the reason for the time indicator.

4) Pandora's box eh. This idea was also suggested to me on IRC. If all you guys want to do a Personagaf project, im down for it. It could be an original story or we could even bring some of those fanfics to life lol.

Thanks for the feedback.
Awesome Scrafty. I look forward to working with you in the future. If we can get a bunch of pgaffers to do voice work, then this could turn into something very special. None of you better mess up Adachi's voice however, otherwise you'll have to deal with me :)

Okay, now I see the connection. The only thing is that with Ace Attorney, they usually have different pitches of the typing sound while making the effects a bit more chipper to compensate for the lack of voice acting. With this, it's a bit too monotonous, so I think it's more distracting than anything else.

I'd totally be down for doing some VO, though, and now that you mention it, I might be able to do both a decent Yu and a decent Adachi, if you want to make any jokes about them sharing the same voice. Just let us know when you want to do a casting call for auditions.

I hope im not too late for the cosplay art week!
RAD.

Yup, new OST seems very weak so far. Weaker than Arena, in my opinion.

I don't think we've had any Meguro yet, either? Maybe he'll have done Sho's theme or something.

Also, I was comparing Rise's portrait to the others, and it's definitely noticeably rougher than the others, including Junpei and Yukari. Very weird.

Rat on crack?

Uh, why not?

I guess a good portion of us assumed that it would feature only the new characters. Presumably, rise sho, Minazuki, junpei, yuka-tan and ken. But now it appears that normal narukami, chie, yukiko and yosuke are also new characters???

WTF?

FluxWaveZ

I guess a good portion of us assumed that it would feature only the new characters. Presumably, rise sho, Minazuki, junpei, yuka-tan and ken. But now it appears that normal narukami, chie, yukiko and yosuke are also new characters???

WTF?

How does it make sense that they would have another tab for the characters who aren't new that would be different from the "Character" tab that's already on the website? That made far less sense to me than what I had assumed they were doing when you first suggested it.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!

WTF?

"New" is just a generic marker that Japanese game sites like that use to mean that the site's been updated with new content. It's pretty common Engrish to find on that side of the Internet.

So I finally finished ffx-X2 hd, now I can finally replay P4G, however I could use a bit of a challenge.

I'll be following a guide so I can get the legend of inaba trophy (gotta get that platinum), but when it comes to dungeons and battles, I think I'll let you guys pick my persona and party.

Obviously for the first few dungeons the party choice is limited but still there are a plethora of Persona options available (especially since this is my 3rd run through).

So here we go, for dungeon one, what personae shall I be using? You decide!

Ps I'll be posting how it went after each dungeon.

Okay, now I see the connection. The only thing is that with Ace Attorney, they usually have different pitches of the typing sound while making the effects a bit more chipper to compensate for the lack of voice acting. With this, it's a bit too monotonous, so I think it's more distracting than anything else.

I'd totally be down for doing some VO, though, and now that you mention it, I might be able to do both a decent Yu and a decent Adachi, if you want to make any jokes about them sharing the same voice. Just let us know when you want to do a casting call for auditions.RAD.

Awesome. If this turns into an actual project, ill be sure to message you. Thanks.

More than just her slightly weird expression. It's a lot less polished.

Let's hope they tweak it for the console release.

Then again, it appears that only some of us have an issue with her artwork. Others see nothing wrong with it at all.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Someone put this in the danganronpa thead and I was like, whaaaat?
https://twitter.com/Mayu_Yousuke/status/461511510057951232

Who is this person, does he work at atlus (it's mentioned in his twitter description)?
It has 1000 retweets and 800 favs featuring my drawing, so thats amazing :D

Nah, he doesn't work at Atlus. He just seems to be a fan. Might be a Japanese Arena player based on the description, but I'm still not feeling entirely sober enough to really look into it. ;D

Mdesilva

So I finally finished ffx-X2 hd, now I can finally replay P4G, however I could use a bit of a challenge.

I'll be following a guide so I can get the legend of inaba trophy (gotta get that platinum), but when it comes to dungeons and battles, I think I'll let you guys pick my persona and party.

Obviously for the first few dungeons the party choice is limited but still there are a plethora of Persona options available (especially since this is my 3rd run through).

So here we go, for dungeon one, what personae shall I be using? You decide!

Ps I'll be posting how it went after each dungeon.
Slime, and only Slime.

Nah, he doesn't work at Atlus. He just seems to be a fan. Might be a Japanese Arena player based on the description, but I'm still not feeling entirely sober enough to really look into it. ;D

Ah ok, thanks Pepsiman! Still pretty amazing so many people like the drawing.

I wanted to writte him a tweet responding, but I don't know japanese. Could you help when you have time?
Wanted to say something like.
"Thanks a lot for featuring my drawings, Im glad you and so many people like them :D
Here is a link to the rest of PersonaxDanganronpa art I did in high quality if you want:"

Nachos

I turned 21 =D time to change my avatar for the rest of the day

tumblr_lrxqhjpmxV1qm8i9ao1_500.png
Hey, cool, we have the same birthday :D I'm turning 28 today.

Happy birthday!

I'm late, but happy birthdays!

<Smedwicks> Should I buy Mean Girls in HD on Amazon instant Video
<buddha0991> get a good movie instead

I can't

> Should I buy Persona 2: Innocent Sin on PSP from PSN?
> get a good game instead

Buddha please.

Pachimari

Guys, I'm about to give up on Persona 4: Golden. =;(

I have played it for 9 hours and I'm stuck at Yukiko's shadow. I really don't know what to do and I know she's weak to ice and then it gets even tougher when she spawns her little doll and it begins to restore her health.

I can't even leave the tv to restock, as the fog will settle and end the game.

I need help urgently. =(

Dantis

Guys, I'm about to give up on Persona 4: Golden. =;(

I have played it for 9 hours and I'm stuck at Yukiko's shadow. I really don't know what I do and I know she's weak to ice and then it gets even tougher when she spawns her little doll and it begins to restore her health.

I can't even leave the tv to restock, as the fog will settle and end the game.

I need help urgently. =(

What level are you? You should be around 14-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom