• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say? Not a big fan of any of them. I mean, I think 3 and 4's are okay, but I'll take my extreme, battle to the death and fires of suzaku.

Now, battle themes, on the other hand, Persona is solid the whole way through.

Except P2. P2 is passable because the rest of the series has spoiled me and I expect a JPOP lady to be rockin' out while I do battle.

Do you want my autograph, though in all seriousness I think P2 battles themes are good though some are better than others, I still think that the IS Remake Boss Battle, is one of the better boss battle themes from the Persona series, I love the additional guitar solo that was put in for the remake, it actually makes the song a lot better in some ways. I also really like EP Remake Boss Battle theme, what with it's more techno vibe and being a more intense song altogether.

Trailer is cool, got to see some a lot of the major mechanics of the game. And now for some hilarious photos from the trailer.

Poor Youske and Kanji. Those two can never catch a break.
ve4Nk07.png

And Theo in a.....
U1B0QZY.png

That apron is hecka fruity.

Dantis

Real Talk: An anime lead up to P5 would be neat. And piss off Smed and Dantis. Win/Win.

No it wouldn't. I loved the P4 anime, you plonker.

Holy crap, it's really been that long!
Ne8IU8a.png

The character you've all been waiting fur; Teddie, the manliest of all men. Despite his a-bear-ance, you shouldn't underestimate him! Though you probably shouldn't overestimate him either, he can be beary unpredictable with the golf cub. Still, you can't help but crack a smile seeing him make paw for the course.

Did I make enough bear puns?

Little miss killjoy, Naoto is next.

Amazing! I had expected it to be human Teddie, haha.

Also, saved the best 'til last, AM I RIGHT?

EDIT: New Q trailer is great. OST sounds excellent.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'm trying to get to work on those trailer subtitles, but all of my usual YouTube downloading tools are failing me for whatever reason to extract any sort of HD copy. The highest I can go at the moment is 360p despite otherwise being able to stream at higher resolutions fine and it's bugging the shit out of me because when I redownload the P4AU Rise trailer at 720p, that still downloads fine. I can subtitle that 360p version fine, but it'd just bug the hell out of me knowing the source video can be acquired at higher resolutions.

If any of you have ideas, I'd love to hear it! I have pretty much all the major tools and browser extensions for redundancy purposes and both them and all of the major websites dedicated to this stuff don't work. GRRRRRRRAH

Guess Who

Banned
You guys should check out The Cutting Room Floor's page on Persona 4. They've added a ton of new info since last I checked:

http://tcrf.net/Persona_4

For those who don't know, TCRF is a website that digs through games to find leftover and unused data. There's tons of stuff for Persona 4 - apparently the jealousy system from P3 was intact and there's dialogue lines for events related to that, lots of funny filler lines for text players should never see (like all-out attack dialogue for Rise), unused voice clips (some for situations that can't even happen in the game), alternate Social Link dialogue options that got cut, all sorts of interesting stuff. There's also leftover text indicating you could once social link and actually get a part time job with the gas station attendant.

Sophia

I'm trying to get to work on those trailer subtitles, but all of my usual YouTube downloading tools are failing me for whatever reason to extract any sort of HD copy. The highest I can go at the moment is 360p despite otherwise being able to stream at higher resolutions fine and it's bugging the shit out of me because when I redownload the P4AU Rise trailer at 720p, that still downloads fine. I can subtitle that 360p version fine, but it'd just bug the hell out of me knowing the source video can be acquired at higher resolutions.

If any of you have ideas, I'd love to hear it! I have pretty much all the major tools and browser extensions for redundancy purposes and both them and all of the major websites dedicated to this stuff don't work. GRRRRRRRAH

I don't think it's just you. I'm having issues obtaining the video as well, and I had to switch to a browser with no YouTube extensions to even watch it. I can't get the video to play in HD, for that matter.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I don't think it's just you. I'm having issues obtaining the video as well, and I had to switch to a browser with no YouTube extensions to even watch it. I can't get the video to play in HD, for that matter.

Weird. Glad to hear it's not just me at least. The odd thing is that my video grabber stuff definitely knows it's there; it gives me a plausible file size given the resolution and length. They just all throw up garbage 1 kb files whenever I attempt to download them with most anything. Actually I can't even get it to stream 720 or 1080 right now to brute force it with screen capture software, so maybe something is botched on YouTube's end after all.

Maybe I'll just have to sleep on it and see if anything changes after I get up. I like being timely with this stuff, but yeah.

ssshadow

Neo Member

There is something wrong with the upload. Even though I can select 1080p, if you right click on the video and select "stats for nerds" it still shows the resolution as 360p. My download managers can't get anything above that either.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
There is something wrong with the upload. Even though I can select 1080p, if you right click on the video and select "stats for nerds" it still shows the resolution as 360p. My download managers can't get anything above that either.

That's good to know. That's the sort of information I was looking for. I guess I'll try again in another couple hours to see if it resolves itself and if it still doesn't work, I'll hit up the Japanese Persona Twitter account. Thanks for trying!

(Edit: Eh, I went ahead and bugged them anyway. Back to making late night burritos for me~)

Guess Who

Banned

That's not even the best one. Cut dialogue of Teddie and Naoto discussing the Tatsumi Port Island trip:

Teddie
When times are tough, I remember that
great feeling from the night of the
school trip...

Naoto
...It was interesting indeed.

Naoto
I was surprised when I was there,
but... I should've taken video
footage at the time.

Teddie
What a pity! Then I could've enjoyed
it again and again...

Naoto
No, no... It would have made for
effective blackmail material.

Sophia

The amount of unused dialogue in Persona 4 is downright staggering.

I wish this had been present in the final game. Endgame spoilers:
Igor: Welcome.
Igor: Well, now... I am honestly surprised to see your journey headed toward such a destination.
Igor: Not content with solving the mystery of your fate, you discovered the mystery's source, and now prepare to face it.
Igor: The enemy before you now is something that can only be described as a god...
Igor: It will indeed be a grand finale to your journey... *chuckle*
Igor: Well then, I bid you good luck.
Izanami: *chuckle* No wonder I chose you.
Izanami: Then from here on, the fate of the world is upon your shoulders.
Izanami: If you cannot ward me off, know that the world will end thereafter!
Chie: Huh? Wait... Did she just say the world's gonna end if we screw up!?
Yosuke: C'mon, this'll be nothing.
Yosuke: Alright! Let's put a real end to this!

Ne8IU8a.png

The character you've all been waiting fur; Teddie, the manliest of all men. Despite his a-bear-ance, you shouldn't underestimate him! Though you probably shouldn't overestimate him either, he can be beary unpredictable with the golf cub. Still, you can't help but crack a smile seeing him make paw for the course.

Little miss killjoy, Naoto is next.

OMG this is the greatest. Really love teddie in that outfit.

How long until the stream, and can I have a link to the (proxy) stream?

Because I'm skipping class today and a chance to talk with Senpai in favor of Persona. ;__;

So, I just restarted Persona 3 and I want to use the MC actual name. I was wondering though which is the first and which is the last name in Makoto Yuki or in Minato Arisato, I still haven't chosen one.

Tamanon

Banned
Finished my final really early, so might be able to watch the stream after all. Waiting on my professor to collect all the grading data from my computer.

Can we please stop talking about Gundam before we set off the Crazy Tank?

tumblr_mwy9nuRtgk1qmzxggo1_400.gif

You guys should check out The Cutting Room Floor's page on Persona 4. They've added a ton of new info since last I checked:

For those who don't know, TCRF is a website that digs through games to find leftover and unused data. There's tons of stuff for Persona 4 - apparently the jealousy system from P3 was intact and there's dialogue lines for events related to that, lots of funny filler lines for text players should never see (like all-out attack dialogue for Rise), unused voice clips (some for situations that can't even happen in the game), alternate Social Link dialogue options that got cut, all sorts of interesting stuff. There's also leftover text indicating you could once social link and actually get a part time job with the gas station attendant.
must not click... link...

TCRF and TVTropes are the two sites when I start reading I get lost for hours lol

Marche90

This has been one of my favorite pages sisnce I discovered it a while ago. Not only Persona 3/4, but also a lot of games have many things inside the final ROMs that are very interesting. The Zelda games, especially, have a TON of leftover stuff in their discs, not to mention the Debug roms.

Gotta be Persona 5 IMO. I mean, how much longer can they wait to show if they wanna hype it, since it comes out at the end of the year?

Caladrius

It'll be footage of the Persona Stalker Club cast stoned out of their minds.

Ne8IU8a.png

While this is not the superior version of Teddie, I approve.

Sophia

They wouldn't have bothered to region lock the stream if it wasn't something Japan related. Anime, music, concerts, etc.

FluxWaveZ

They wouldn't have bothered to region lock the stream if it wasn't something Japan related. Anime, music, concerts, etc.

Duckroll said they region locked it because they will be showing footage of Persona 3 The Movie during the first segment, which hasn't been exposed outside of Japan, which makes more sense than region locking it because the announcement pertains to Japan.

Pachimari

Okay, so I have gone back one week in my Persona 4 file, and I'm spending all of my money on items like Medicine and stuff against infections and ice balls.

Am I spending my money right in order to beat Yukiko?

Now I'm gonna grind to lvl 14. But which social links are best to develop?

Setsu00

Duckroll said they region locked it because they will be showing footage of Persona 3 The Movie during the first segment, which hasn't been exposed outside of Japan, which makes more sense than region locking it because the announcement pertains to Japan.

That's actually my guess as well. It's most likely some legal thing.

Dantis

Goddamnit i need to work on faces more. Jesus christ

I was just thinking that you've improved, actually.

If I had to give any criticism, then it would be that I think I'd try for more symmetry and structure to the face, and a bit more precision in the line weighting.

Obviously my art is really different stylistically to yours though, so maybe that's useless criticism, haha. I see a lot of people draw in styles similar to yours, so I think it's at least partially a stylistic choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom