• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have to come clean, I'm just after the first boss in The Answer, I haven't played Persona 4 and I was just introduced to this series at the beginning of 2013 but I immediately loved it, there, I needed to get that out of my chest.

Levito

Banned
Guys, I have to come clean, I'm just after the first boss in The Answer, I haven't played Persona 4 and I was just introduced to this series at the beginning of 2013 but I immediately loved it, there, I needed to get that out of my chest.

We still love you just the way you are.

pariah164

It's okay. We love you just the same.

He didn't import the Japanese version of P1 to play first? Hate these "fans" who think Persona started with 3.

I actually imported a Japanese PSone and Innocent Sin back in 2001 and then Megami Ibunroku Persona ~Be Your True Mind~ in 2002. As far as I'm concerned y'all are all fake gamers and not Real True Fans.

I kid, I kid. As Gandhi once said, "Play what you want, play what you like. That's our life, there's no end in sight."

Sophia

I actually imported a Japanese PSone and Innocent Sin back in 2001 and then Megami Ibunroku Persona ~Be Your True Mind~ in 2002. As far as I'm concerned y'all are all fake gamers and not Real True Fans.

If you weren't playing Shin Megami Tensei If back in 1994 on a modded SNES in Japanese, you're not a true Persona fan!

It's just fact after all! >_>;

CorvoSol

There is that one piece of armor I got from a random chest in Persona 3 late game, the Spiked Bra. That was pretty good.

Thought it was funny that the designers wrote dialogue for Mitsuru and Yukari to complain about wearing it even though it doesn't visually change them.

EDIT: Looking back at the picture, I honestly don't remember Mitsuru being that stacked, but what do I know. P3 thankfully didn't have the requisite jRPG/anime scene of "humorously" comparing sizes. I swear that must be a law over there.

There wasn't one? I could've sworn there was. Maybe on the female side? I can't recall. At the very least I could've sworn Yukari laments not being as attractive as Mitsuru. I think Mitsuru also stands out more in Arena because 1) she's wearing a gosh darn catsuit and 2) Unlike Yukari and Mitusuru, none of the P4 girls were super models. The only one who is supposed to be ridiculously stacked is Naoto, and that's more for comedy's sake than anything. And, while I confess that the comparing thing is lamer than lame, the Naoto gag works because it's unexpected and it gave me
Distorted Akihiko blabbering about how her chest lacked muscles and was all fat. Which was gross and funny at the same time?

But enough about the Most Common Superpower.

FeMC's reaction to this Rise/Ken news:

Bl4f1fLCUAA-OGQ.png:large

Dis girl.

If you weren't playing Shin Megami Tensei If back in 1994 on a modded SNES in Japanese, you're not a true Persona fan!

It's just fact after all! >_>;

If you didn't buy every issue of Weekly Shounen Jump that featured Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders you're not a Real True Persona Fan.

Sophia

If you didn't buy every issue of Weekly Shounen Jump that featured Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders you're not a Real True Persona Fan.

If you weren't listening to Roundabout in the 1970s in anticipation of it's use in the Jojo anime 30 years later, you're not a real Per....

.... this is getting silly. XD

You all really should listen to Roundabout tho, cuz it's an awesome song :p

(I originally wrote my post without your quote in there, but then I saw your post after I had posted and quickly edited. Your timing was just too perfect.)

The Naoto thing is bad because it is then used for shitty fanservice in Golden.

I wish I could just skip the hot springs scene when I get there too.

Gazoinks

If you weren't listening to Roundabout in the 1970s in anticipation of it's use in the Jojo anime 30 years later, you're not a real Per....

(I originally wrote my post without your quote in there, but then I saw your post after I had posted and quickly edited. Your timing was just too perfect.)

Basically if you're not actually a member of Yes you're not a true Persona fan.

I hope If does actually get translated at some point. I remember hearing its gameplay isn't great, but I'm pretty interested in playing it.

Haven't you heard? "Walk Like An Egyptian" is the new hotness.

Basically if you're not actually a member of Yes you're not a true Persona fan.

I hope If does actually get translated at some point. I remember hearing its gameplay isn't great, but I'm pretty interested in playing it.

...are you talking about JJBA: All Star Battle? Because I've got some news for you that's gonna blow your mind buddy.

Gazoinks

All I know about If..., beyond Tammy and it being the foundation for the Persona series, is the Sloth dungeon, scrappy level or fridge brilliance....you decide.

Oh yeah and those uniforms...

???
The 80s called, they want their clothes back.

Gotta love the garish striped pants.

It's actually kind of a shame that P3 didn't bring back if's way of obtaining new personas because killing yourself to get new ones would be really appropriate w/r/t the whole suicide motif it has going on.

Gazoinks

TBH with my hairline the only SMT-related people I could be are Tayama or Hikawa. I suppose I could shave it all and go as a Dis...

Haha, I forgot how legendary Hikawa's widow's peak is. If I grew my hair out a little and dyed it ('tis brown) I could probably cosplay the P1 Protag.

Rocksxp

Neo Member
All I know about If..., beyond Tammy and it being the foundation for the Persona series, is the Sloth dungeon, scrappy level or fridge brilliance....you decide.

LET’S WASTE OUR CONSUMERS TIME WITH STUPID GIMMICKS.

Why? STOP BEING SO LAZY AND ENJOY YOUR RANDOM ENCOUNTERS EVERY TWO STEPS.

Hope you’re ready for a week in the world of sloth!
Trust me I've played If... the dungeons gimmicks can be a pain in the ass.

If... is cool because you can get locked out of the true ending based on the very first choice you make in the actual game.
Their not even any reason to pick Yumi, Reiko and Charlie have their own unique dungeons and the secret charter has his own thing but Yumi don’t get shit.

Squire

Banned
I hate that the music that plays inside of Chugal Cafe in P4G isn't on the OST. I love that track. I never really went there until January, so for me It always felt like a quiet moment before the end of what had been a long journey.

Silliness in this thread? Blasphemy!

I just started watching Jojo a couple days ago and hearing roundabout for the end credits made me happy. That bassline is godlike.

I started reading it recently, but I'm just at the start of Battle Tendency.
Is Stardust Crusaders the one similar to Persona?

Like I say I've only just gotten into it so I'm still new to the universe, but from what I've heard there are things called stands which is similar to persona but I don't know when that occurs, I'm only 5eps in.

Like I say I've only just gotten into it so I'm still new to the universe, but from what I've heard there are things called stands which is similar to persona but I don't know when that occurs, I'm only 5eps in.
I see, I just checked on the wikia and it is Stardust Crusaders. I'm very curious to see what the similarities will be.

Setsu00

Awesome drawing mate. Nice job!
(if someone could post that good jobu thumbs up pic it would be much appreciated.)

Thanks a bunch! :)

I think the Gematsu article stealthily added this part:

Hm.

I'm quite puzzled about this. The source they cited said nothing about downloadable content and neither did the other popular leak blog. They either messed something up or have more information about the Famitsu article than we do.

Stardust Crusaders is incredible and all of you should experience it in some way.

From what I've read, Diamond is Unbreakable is actually the most like Persona (particularly P4), though. I won't spoil why, but it's pretty friggin' cool how clear the inspiration is.

kewlmyc

I think the Gematsu article stealthily added this part:

Hm.

Lol, beach scenario just like BBCP Vita.

Stardust Crusaders is incredible and all of you should experience it in some way.

From what I've read, Diamond is Unbreakable is actually the most like Persona (particularly P4), though. I won't spoil why, but it's pretty friggin' cool how clear the inspiration is.

It is. Like jarringly so plotwise. Characters are just as rememberable as well.

Real talk, Diamond is Unbreakable is seriously awesome. For quite a while there was only a bad set of translations that bordered between "so bad it's hilarious" and "so bad it hurts", so I stuck to summaries of parts 4-7 for the longest time (didn't want to actually go through 5-7 if I didn't properly go through 4). There's a good set of translations that are mostly complete now and since I started reading them it's even more hype than I was hoping it would be (and I already really liked it from said summaries).

And now you guys bring up Persona, yeah I can see what you guys are going with in the comparison. I can't say I thought much about it before but it feels kinda like "wow how did I not catch this yet" lol.

Lol, beach scenario just like BBCP Vita.
Operation Babe Hunt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom