• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daimaou

Anyone else think that Ultimax art of Rise looks kinda crappy? (particularly her legs)

Not sure if we can link to scans, but you know the one I'm referring to.

Yeah, we talked about it some in IRC. It's like her thighs ride too low and far apart from where her hips should be under her skirt.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone else think that Ultimax art of Rise looks kinda crappy? (particularly her legs)

I think it looks fine. She's being real excited and jumping.

I know we can post scans of ads, so here:
e1t1no162ytzjj3fg.jpg

Style

Banned
Everything about P4U sounds great. The new story mode structure, the golden arena mode and the social links.
Not to mention they added six new characters and a corresponding shadow character for nearly everyone.

Easily one of my most anticipated titles this year.

hao chi

That's too vague, though.

All I can think is that, seeing that she has 4 Persona cards like Yukari, maybe she has decent normals of her own.

I went into a bit more detail in the last OT. From the blurry teaser, looks like she's tossing some white objects that go about halfway across the screen before landing on the ground, but they don't appear to stay there as a trap/weapon like Mu, Kokonoe, or Naoto can do. Then Himiko fires what looks like a stream of energy orbs in an upwards motion (starting low and raising). Beyond that though I don't really have much to guess her playstyle.

If she ends up having decent normals, she'll likely get consideration as a main for me. I just hope her attacks don't all basically look like non-attacks, like Phoenix Wright in UMvC3. I like that about Phoenix, but I don't want that for Rise.

PK Gaming

Of course, that was a genuine leak and definitely was not supposed to happen. They would reveal all of that information themselves via official channels like a press release or a trailer before they'd have a retailer just show it all off.

From Dustloop:

That is such a relief for me. Faith renewed; story's gonna be awesome.

~Whoo ♪

Seriously, the game might turn out to be amazing.

And that P4U ad? Seriously amazing.

FluxWaveZ

She has crazy eyes and that's good enough for me

Actually, looking at her vs. screen portrait, Shadow Rise's probably one of the most terrifying looking. She doesn't have a demented smile like the others, but that expression is actually terrifying. Definitely from those crazy eyes. Awesome.

Also, Golden Arena Mode level up screen straight up looks like an RPG one, heh. With different stats and everything.

FluxWaveZ

What does the DLC at the bottom of the ad refer to? Does it mean the bonus "scenario" that will be included in first prints of the game?

Yes.

Worth pointing out now that the story mode structure is out: I suppose the previous 4gamer article which listed "Episode P3" and "Episode P4" was indicating as much. No clear indication of whatever mystery character it was suggesting as of yet, though.

OT5 already wooow!

I've been playing Persona 3 FES to hype me even more for P3 movie and it really has cemented the opinion of being the best Persona game.

I'm glad P4A brought the characters back but I feel their designs are a bit too outlandish (presumably since its a fighting game). Anyway, in P4A we see
Elizabeth pursuing a quest to bring back Minato. Do you guys think that this story arc is going to be developed more in P4AU or in P5?

I mean I'm really sad about Minato's death but bringing him back might defeat the entire purpose of his death and the impact of P3's ending. I'm kinda mixed on this

Everything about P4U sounds great. The new story mode structure, the golden arena mode and the social links.
Not to mention they added six new characters and a corresponding shadow character for nearly everyone.

Easily one of my most anticipated titles this year.

Whaaaaat? There are social links?

OT5 already wooow!

I've been playing Persona 3 FES to hype me even more for P3 movie and it really has cemented the opinion of being the best Persona game.

I'm glad P4A brought the characters back but I feel their designs are a bit too outlandish (presumably since its a fighting game). Anyway, in P4A we see
Elizabeth pursuing a quest to bring back Minato. Do you guys think that this story arc is going to be developed more in P4AU or in P5?

I mean I'm really sad about Minato's death but bringing him back might defeat the entire purpose of his death and the impact of P3's ending. I'm kinda mixed on this

Whaaaaat? There are social links?

There is also stats and leveling, if you want to see some of this info go here and talk with us:

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#personagaf&server=globalgamers.net

Andrefpvs

Lol. Is she a pervert for the whole stripper thing?

that and probably senpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpaisenpai

Lunar15

That's actually a little weird to translate. Hentai does mean "pervert", but not always in the way we think of that word. It can also just be "weirdo" or "strange", if I remember correctly.

It's definitely referring to her wanting to strip in her dungeon while also transforming into a super-idol. Gonna be interesting to see how the US team words it.

EDIT: Lol, I just looked at Pepsiman's blog, and he said the same thing.

Squire

Banned
My what is a pervert?

Urban Dictionary said:
A term coined by Otaku and Weeaboo alike for their 2D significant others; predominantly anime and video game characters. A Waifu, in contrast to a harem, is the love between one man and his one and only Waifu. You treat your Waifu with the utmost respect and courtesy and most refuse to even fap to their beloved, seeing the act as an insult to the non-existent woman they have committed themselves to.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=waifu

FluxWaveZ

Seeing how they're not in a fighting tournament anymore I doubt she knows about it.

They are, actually: the P-1 Climax. Part of the set-up for P4U2's story; it's in the arcade opening and everything.

It's just that, this time, no one seems to give a crap about the tournament itself.

Sophia

They are, actually: the P-1 Climax. Part of the set-up for P4U2's story; it's in the arcade opening and everything.

It's just that, this time, no one seems to give a crap about the tournament itself.

More like, this time its srsbiz and for reals instead of just high schoolers fighting each other in a parody Persona tourney.

FluxWaveZ

More like, this time its srsbiz and for reals instead of just high schoolers fighting each other in a parody Persona tourney.

There's that, but there's also so much going on that, in the arcade mode, it's less about "I have to win against this opponent to get further in the tournament to achieve my goals" and more about "The world's gone crazy, there are Shadows, people are crucified and all I know is I have to reach the top of the tower."

Basically, so far, there are no forced contrivances plotwise for the cast to be fighting amongst themselves like in P4A, which is good.

In an ideal Persona 4 world I'd be able to tell Yosuke, Chie, and Teddie to screw off and just hang with Kanji, Naoto, and Yukiko all day.The jury's still out on Rise.

Everything about Ultimax has me excited, I was happy with just another Arena with more story but theyre really pushing the boat out on this one.

Also, Shadow Rise!!!!!! HYPE!

Yes, I think the face looks off too. She looks downright creepy on the screen where she performs her super. Doesnt seem to fit with the other character art.

FluxWaveZ

Looks like you only get to have four skills in the Global Arena Mode RPG mode.

Yes, and they're most likely dependent on the character's level.

Wonder what they showed on PQ in Famitsu, if anything remarkable. Looking at their preview page, it might have just been a retread of information and that huge Persona Q card included with the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom