• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

So at the point in SMT1 where I'm going after the four devas or whatever, and while I recognize the names, I did even more since I had already had one in my party via fusions. I go to the place it's at expecting a fight, and he just goes "Well, I had put this here to test your strength, but I'm already with you, so it's all good" and it ends before it began.

Thought that was pretty neat.

96y7H6I.jpg

Where's my P4U leaks?

FluxWaveZ

Heh, so they're saving Ken for the Persona Stalker Club huh?

I guess? Unless she was screwing with people, Ogata had a reason for retweeting the April 24 Famitsu/P4U2 update tweet. If it's not related to Famitsu, then maybe it's related to the update? If it's neither, then yeah, it has to be PSC. I'd find it a bit odd, but maybe they wanted to keep something to increase the viewership and anticipation.

FluxWaveZ

In that case, Atlas USA gave retailers the product information waaaay too early, seeing how they can't take up preorder until Ken is revealed officially.

I don't think that makes sense. Officially, practically nothing concerning the English release has been revealed at all. All a game needs for pre-orders is an official release date.

People still have The Last Guardian pre-ordered, and that didn't even have a release date.

I don't think that makes sense. Officially, practically nothing concerning the English release has been revealed at all. All a game needs for pre-orders is an official release date.

People still have The Last Guardian pre-ordered, and that didn't even have a release date.

Yeah, but Atlas has already told retailers info about 6 new characters, etc. So until that information is revealed officially, there's no chance for them to allow retailers to post their product page. Preorders don't even need an official release date, many games on Amazon have a date of 12/31/14, they just need the permission of the company to show it.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, but Atlas has already told retailers info about 6 new characters, etc. So until that information is revealed officially, there's no chance for them to allow retailers to post their product page. Preorders don't even need an official release date, many games on Amazon have a date of 12/31/14, they just need the permission of the company to show it.

"Atlus." And I don't understand why the information would need to be shown off via a trailer, screenshot or whatever for retailers to put it up on their product page when the description itself would suffice. The description also mentioned "state of the art cutscenes" or something like that, but it's not like they'd have to show them off in order to legitimize the description.

And either way, both characters will be shown off this week. Though, that's only for the Japanese version, so who knows what the plan is regarding the localized version. Both versions are releasing very closely, just like last time, so maybe official information will be shown similarly in both regions as well.

"Atlus." And I don't understand why the information would need to be shown off via a trailer, screenshot or whatever for retailers to put it up on their product page when the description itself would suffice. The description also mentioned "state of the art cutscenes" or something like that, but it's not like they'd have to show them off in order to legitimize the description.

And either way, both characters will be shown off this week. Though, that's only for the Japanese version, so who knows what the plan is regarding the localized version. Both versions are releasing very closely, just like last time, so maybe official information will be shown similarly in both regions as well.

Damn phone autocorrect. Anyway, my point is that there is no way Atlus wants major information like characters to be revealed in a product page (hence why Atlus told BB to take down the page).

FluxWaveZ

Damn phone autocorrect. Anyway, my point is that there is no way Atlus wants major information like characters to be revealed in a product page (hence why Atlus told BB to take down the page).

Of course, that was a genuine leak and definitely was not supposed to happen. They would reveal all of that information themselves via official channels like a press release or a trailer before they'd have a retailer just show it all off.

From Dustloop:
Got the Famitsu issue. Whoever said every character has individual stories lied. Story is separated into two parts, "Episode P3" and "Episode P4". Pretty self explanatory, one focuses on P3 characters and the other on P4 characters.

Rise's Instant Kill is called "True♥Story".

That is such a relief for me. Faith renewed; story's gonna be awesome.

Levito

Banned
Think I had my first ever persona related dream last night...

Was waiting in a line in times square with some people from PersonaGAF. Line was for Persona Q I think? Not sure, anyway it was Buddha, Omi, and myself together. Buddha was in a Maya cosplay, no shaming it up. When out of no where a Makoto cosplayer with a gang of other P3 cosplayers walked up to him and said "No one cares about Persona 2!" all his buddies stared giving eachother high fives. Buddha said nothing, but instead just lept at the dude, and they got in like a hockey fight, basically like this. Omi for some reason had a huge camera and photographed the whole thing.

I don't remember anything other than that.

Lunar15

Was waiting in a line in times square with some people from PersonaGAF. Line was for Persona Q I think? Not sure, anyway it was Buddha, Omi, and myself together. Buddha was in a Maya cosplay, no shaming it up. When out of no where a Makoto cosplayer with a gang of other P3 cosplayers walked up to him and said "No one cares about Persona 2!" all his buddies stared giving eachother high fives. Buddha said nothing, but instead just lept at the dude, and they got in like a hockey fight, basically like this. Omi for some reason had a huge camera and photographed the whole thing.

Welcome to Cosplay Week.

EDIT: So they're just doing P4 and P3 stories as the two groups? Oh thank the LORD. There will probably be repeated info between the two, but that's WAY more acceptable than having separate stories for everyone. Hopefully this also means there's no internal monologues.

Hype levels rising.

Waifu wars. Waifu wars have changed.

wEoNGjW.png

I approve.

Lunar15

Also, I totally called Rise's Instant Kill being called True Story.

Praise me as your new prophet.

It was pretty obvious.

Omikaru

You just wanted to post that video, didn't you?

If not, I'm glad that I'm only the cameraman in your dreams.

arue

LOL that was funny.

Regarding P4A2's story, I'm glad they are told differently as P3 side and P4 side. It would feel too repetitive if I had to read monologues again for P4A2.

Sophia

Of course, that was a genuine leak and definitely was not supposed to happen. They would reveal all of that information themselves via official channels like a press release or a trailer before they'd have a retailer just show it all off.

From Dustloop:

Hell yes~!

FluxWaveZ

Clear scans are getting out.

Gonna wait for the actual scans now cuz we have conflicting information now.

What conflicting information?

Edit: Yep, stuff's looking good. Funny, still can't get a real idea for how Rise's going to be fighting from the scans. Her IK involves a megaphone and multiple loud speakers.

From Dustloop:

2 path stuff is gonna make me much more happy than last time around lol, glad to hear they're going in BBCPs footsteps.

FluxWaveZ

eh the story info

That's not conflicting information. One came from a mistranslation of a Famitsu leak, the other is from an actual Japanese speaker from the recently released magazine.

The issue includes a bunch of story scenes. Rise, Fuuka and Yukari hanging around in one of them.

Edit: Unfortunately, Shadow Rise doesn't have an awesome slasher smile. Still cool, though.

That's not conflicting information. One came from a mistranslation of a Famitsu leak, the other is from an actual Japanese speaker from the recently released magazine.

The issue includes a bunch of story scenes. Rise, Fuuka and Yukari hanging around.

Ah. Good to hear!

FluxWaveZ

Also, yeah, P4U2 and P4D are indeed connected, at least as far as Rise is concerned.

Edit: The first-print copies having DLC might have been another piece of Famitsu leak misinformation.

Edit 2: No it wasn't.

Levito

Banned
That news about the story mode is AWESOME, definitely wanted a more concise experience.

You just wanted to post that video, didn't you?

If not, I'm glad that I'm only the cameraman in your dreams.

I know nothing about Hockey, so it's all I could think of. :p

hao chi

I waited to get upset about the story info yesterday because I thought there might be an issue of it being mistranslated or misinterpreted. :p

At the very least I thought it'd be handled better than P4A.

The issue includes a bunch of story scenes. Rise, Fuuka and Yukari hanging around in one of them.

Edit: Unfortunately, Shadow Rise doesn't have an awesome slasher smile. Still cool, though.

She has crazy eyes and that's good enough for me

I just need to know what Rise/Shadow Rise's playstyles are

Someone pls tell me

Levito

Banned
Anyone else think that Ultimax art of Rise looks kinda crappy? (particularly her legs)

Not sure if we can link to scans, but you know the one I'm referring to.

Sophia

That's too vague, though.

All I can think is that, seeing that she has 4 Persona cards like Yukari, maybe she has decent normals of her own.

Yeah, four Persona cards suggests she's not a zoner in the same sense as Yukiko. But it's really hard to say without more info.

Anyone else think that Ultimax art of Rise looks kinda crappy? (particularly her legs)

I dunno, I kind of like it. She's all excited.

Andrefpvs

From Dustloop:

Niiiiice!

Gosh, I hope this published ASAP in Europe...

Lunar15

Yeah, I thought it looked weird. Although, I think a lot of it comes from her hair being lifted up from her face. Looks like dog ears or something.

It reminds me of the art from the cover of The Golden, which I felt was a little off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom