• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

MOYX2QG.png

Literally PK, Corvo and I right now.

Dantis

Buddha you told me this show was deathly boring. Were you lying this whole time?

It's not deathly boring, but I'm really confused by their posts about it.

It's a show with some okay bits and a nonsense plot. It's also the nicest looking of the three Persona animes.

CorvoSol

It's not deathly boring, but I'm really confused by their posts about it.

It's a show with some okay bits and a nonsense plot. It's also the nicest looking of the three Persona animes.

And can I just comment on how sad this is? Because visually speaking Trinity Soul has been wholly unremarkable this entire time. Maybe it's just that I don't know faces are off model because there's no game to compare them to. Maybe it's because I don't know the names of any of these Personas that the fact that they're translucent half the time doesn't seem as frustrating as it should.

The battles have all been terribly uninspired, the storyboarding is all over the place, the plot would never make for a good video game, the character's motivations are as stupid as can be and the music that isn't lifted from P3 is just boring.

I'm pretty sure PK, Buddha and I are getting through this only by laughing at this thing.

Because if you take the concept of Shadow Extraction seriously for even a moment I think your brain would have to break.

Persona 4 Arena has been a surprisingly long game so far. How Long To Beat says on average it's seven and a half hours to complete, but I'm pretty sure I have been spending a lot more time with it. Only done like 5 out of the 11 cliffhangers

That game took me like 20 hours. It felt like 20 hours at least. Got to the point where I would just skip most of the dialogue that wasn't in the intro and endings since it was all variations of the same thing.

Xenoflare

That game took me like 20 hours. It felt like 20 hours at least. Got to the point where I would just skip most of the dialogue that wasn't in the intro and endings since it was all variations of the same thing.

It's like watching the same thing over and over again. With different character substituted in.

FluxWaveZ

At least BlazBlue didn't suffer from any continuity issues as the first Arena did, it's just that the story are very fragmented and spaced out.

Did you play BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's story? Because the story structure is pretty much exactly like P4A's, except it has the time conceit to back it up, and even then it's just as much of a convoluted and contradictory mess.

Xenoflare

Did you play BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's story?

It was a long time ago. I didn't remember much. Most of my experiences are from CSEX.

I did remember having to win specifically with Astral Heat which was kinda annoying for certain endings.

Edit: Right, I do remember Rachel waltzing around mentioning the messed up timeline.

Did you play BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's story? Because the story structure is pretty much exactly like P4A's, except it has the time conceit to back it up, and even then it's just as much of a convoluted and contradictory mess.

To be fair BlazBlue was all about multiple timelines going on and criss-crossing so it at least had a in-universe explaination. And the problem didn't exist in the sequels.

FluxWaveZ

To be fair BlazBlue was all about multiple timelines going on and criss-crossing so it at least had a in-universe explaination. And the problem didn't exist in the sequels.

No, I'm not really going to take that as fair because it didn't help the game's repetitiveness or comprehensibility in the least. It was just as bad as P4A, in that regard. The problem is remedied in the sequels with a better story structure; the same goes for P4AU.

Dantis

Blazblue isn't even nearly as repetitive as Arena. You are drunk.

EDIT: I just realised, no Margaret trailer this week? Interesting.

I'll admit I have 2 or 3 storylines in Arena that I just couldn't bring myself to finish. All events are pretty much the same, only thing that's different is the perspective.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I played through all the story modes in Arena, months later, aside from the general plot, the main thing I remember is that Kanji’s was funny. Everyone else’s perspectives have merged into a single, wordy mess.

kewlmyc

Blazblue isn't even nearly as repetitive as Arena. You are drunk.

EDIT: I just realised, no Margaret trailer this week? Interesting.
Probably not related but it's currently Obon holiday in Japan, Atlus Japan could be off on holiday right now.

FluxWaveZ

Probably not related but it's currently Obon holiday in Japan, Atlus Japan could be off on holiday right now.

The weekly Persona Q update was made a day early on March 20 (Thursday instead of a Friday) because Friday was a holiday: Vernal Equinox Day. Same thing might have happened with the P4AU update, so we might in fact not get anything else until the 21st. Sucks. At least there's the daily countdown...?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I want a Decarabia plush.

Well guys, by popular demand:

542kWkW.gif

I have the next one planned. It's the most tortured pun yet.

Trinity Soul was pretty bad. It got better in the second half but that wasn't enough to save it.
If you're a hardcore Persona fan it's probably worth checking out but you'll probably get bored.

Dat Margerine looks so delicious :p

PGAF exams are over! And like I promised, I will be contributing to the Naoto "Let's Draw" thing we have going on. Now should I show you all a little tease of what I have, or show you only the finished product... Hmmm.

Dantis

Dat Margerine looks so delicious :p

PGAF exams are over! And like I promised, I will be contributing to the Naoto "Let's Draw" thing we have going on. Now should I show you all a little tease of what I have, or show you only the finished product... Hmmm.

YES. MORE NAOTO ART GO.

As an aside, I just finished the lineart for my Zelda crossover piece, and it looks rather lovely.

Image might be a bit big since I just took a pic with my phone, I will put it in quote brackets. Don't be scared if it blows up in size once you click it aha!

Still very unfinished obviously but please do send constructive comments my way!

Top Bottom