• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

Yeah, I think it's the outfit...

Because I actually really dig the glasses/hair. The turtleneck just looks bleh. Of course that is just being nitpicky. I love the overall design, and the trailer was awesome. So excited!

Soejima characters always wear turtlenecks. Makoto, FeMC and Narukami all wore them.

I think it's meant to make them look classy.

Nachos

Not really. All you'd have to do is go meet them in town during the after school times like you do out of school social links.

Oh wait, this is what happens when I wanted to go to sleep three hours ago. I meant more along the lines of in-school events. If there really are only give main characters, then that alone would guarantee comparably less screen time.

Mononoke

Banned
Soejima characters always wear turtlenecks. Makoto, FeMC and Narukami all wore them.

I think it's meant to make them look classy.

Never really cared for it tbh. Don't like it on him more than the characters you mentioned. But yeah you are right, not like this is the first time someone has worn a turtleneck. I'm going to be really curious to see how the school is presented in this game.

LX_Theo

Banned
Oh wait, this is what happens when I wanted to go to sleep three hours ago. I meant more along the lines of in-school events. If there really are only give main characters, then that alone would guarantee comparably less screen time.

True, true. But then it would also open up opportunities for new events. Like visiting the other school's culture festival and stuff.

Indeed.

Not only that but we have had a game that actually made use of the cell phone feature: Catherine.

Maybe this time we will get to interact with our social links by phone/internet? A little expansion on how Catherine did it.

That would be amazing!
Stuff like receiving messages from them and you deciding to ignore or reply and your choice having an effect on the Social Link could be awesome, I really hope they use phones.

JNA

Banned
I also love the fact that this game is taking place in an urban environment.

I loved Persona 4 obviously but I'm also a city boy, so the fact that it took place in a small town area was pretty much the only down side.

I wonder how much freedom we will have to rom around the city?

cj_iwakura

wpHWqdC.png

'Shujin' High School? Best guess.

arue

The broken shackle on the official website could be related to the character reveal, but I think it could be an indication of how many trailers are left. I dunno.

Xenoflare

I really like what I'm seeing here.

The new logo has a retro vibe to it, it feels like a Motocycle logo from the 90's.

The new protagonist reminds me of Devil Survivor for some reason......His design is pretty neutral and more realistic with the hair LOL, I like it.

I'm going to sound like a jelly bitch because I am.

Since this is porting it on the PS4, I cannot help but to think that the PS3 is probably the inferior version.

Hopefully Atlus would start trickle down the other character designs.

JNA

Banned
Stuff like receiving messages from them and you deciding to ignore or reply and your choice having an effect on the Social Link could be awesome, I really hope they use phones.

Yeah exactly.

And if they want to add some horror to the game, they can have the main protag receive some cryptic text messages in whatever goes on in the game.

So many possibilities to this just from that one trailer that I don't know how to put my words together at this point. XD

And the music. So now the cat is out of the bag, do you think we might get a gameplay trailer in the coming weeks?

TGS is only a a few weeks away, so yes, you will probably see gameplay then.

I really like what I'm seeing here.

The new logo has a retro vibe to it, it feels like a Motocycle logo from the 90's.

The new protagonist reminds me of Devil Survivor for some reason......His design is pretty neutral and more realistic with the hair LOL, I like it.

It's because he literally has the same haircut as the DS2 hero.

Not a big fan of the logo. Like kinda 80-ish and reminds me of car races. But it's not like it's a big deal.

The whole 'time stopping' thing is similar to P3's Dark hour, with the exception that the bystanders aren't in coffins this time and would thus be totally vulnerable if shadows appeared. Could be interesting, but it's a bit too early to speculate on that.

As for MC's design, I love it. If I had to nitpick, I'd say his glasses are just a tad too big for him. Other than that, his design is perfect for a perfect main character. I'm so curious about the rest of the cast now.

It's been a long time since a new mainline Persona game was revealed (lol 2007-2008), and with P4 I distinctly remember they did it by showcasing the playable characters one-by-one. There was also that roughly 20 minute video trailer included in an issue of Famitsu iirc.

It'll be interesting to see how P5 proper is revealed to us.

FluxWaveZ

Pessimism mode back on. I don't think we will.

Atlus is going to have some sort of stage show presence at TGS, which was announced on the latest Persona Stalker Club episode. Actually, now that we've seen P5, we could think that the news post for the PSC episode 7 was actually referring to Persona 5. I think there's a good chance we'll get some more info of substance soon.

Nachos

GUYS. GUYS. WHAT IF THEY REVEAL A NEW MAIN CHARACTER AT THE START OF EACH MONTH AND RELEASE THE GAME IN FEBRUARY?

I posted it about two pages ago, but looking at the design more, it's just the hair that's similar.

Dugna

Wait are we sure this is the P5MC? maybe those chains might reveal more MCS and that this story isn't told with just one view perspective....0.0

Yeah exactly.

And if they want to add some horror to the game, they can have the main protag receive some cryptic text messages in whatever goes on in the game.

So many possibilities to this just from that one trailer that I don't know how to put my words together at this point. XD
Me too, it just fits so well with the theme of the game.
Not a big fan of the logo. Like kinda 80-ish and reminds me of car races. But it's not like it's a big deal.

The whole 'time stopping' thing is similar to P3's Dark hour, with the exception that the bystanders aren't in coffins this time and would thus be totally vulnerable if shadows appeared. Could be interesting, but it's a bit too early to speculate on that.

As for MC's design, I love it. If I had to nitpick, I'd say his glasses are just a tad too big for him. Other than that, his design is perfect for a perfect main character. I'm so curious about the rest of the cast now.
For some reason, after watching the trailer I think one of the female characters might have long purple hair? The trailer just sort of gives me that vibe lol.

LX_Theo

Banned
Wait are we sure this is the P5MC? maybe those chains might reveal more MCS and that this story isn't told with just one view perspective....0.0

... I think its a pretty safe bet. The train is the biggest giveaway after him being shown first. Not to mention the notable use of silence.

We assume it is the protagonist because "Anime Clip Of Slack Jawed Student Getting Off Public Transportation" is sort of A Thing that Persona does now.

Me too, it just fits so well with the theme of the game.

For some reason, after watching the trailer I think one of the female characters might have long purple hair? The trailer just sort of gives me that vibe lol.

I'm rooting for a male punk character. Preferably with red hair. Just as long as he's not named Sho and hates lame puns I'll be happy.

JNA

Banned
So now that this game is going to be on two consoles, how many WW sales do you guys think this game will have when it's all said and done?

IMO, I think this game is a lock for over a million this time. The Persona series right now, while still niche in a way, is more popular than ever while Persona 4 Golden has sold over 700k previously, and that was only for the Vita.

In a market with current gen, a console that has some of it's owners BEGGING for JRPG games, and the PS3 crowd, I think at least over a million is a good estimate IMO. Especially now with Sega owning Atlus, they will probably get some good marketing for this game too.

Top Bottom