• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

GUYS. I just realized, the P5HEROSHO was just something to trick us, while they were planning to unveil P5's true protagonist: Mitsuo.
P4-MitsuoKubo.jpg

3CglkrM.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HWZJU8F.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0EHpmVc.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3CglkrM.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xvaOWYP.png[/IMG]

Just some quick screengrabs I did. Lol at that last pic (his expression).

Looks like Soejima neck is back in full force. I thought he got better after P4Arena.

Nachos

So now that this game is going to be on two consoles, how many WW sales do you guys think this game will have when it's all said and done?

IMO, I think this game is a lock for over a million this time. The Persona series right now, while still niche in a way, is more popular than ever while Persona 4 Golden has sold over 700k previously, and that was only for the Vita.

In a market with current gen, a console that has some of it's owners BEGGING for JRPG games, and the PS3 crowd, I think at least over a million is a good estimate IMO. Especially now with Sega owning Atlus, they will probably get some good marketing for this game too.

I think so, too. The reason why I thought that Sony could've revealed P5 at E3 was because I see it having the potential to be a new Final Fantasy VII, in terms of reception and prolificness. JRPGs never really waned in Japan, but they're certainly niche everywhere else, even if the fanbase is generally stable.

With the right conditions, I could see a lot of people picking the game up as their first Persona and getting hooked, especially with the word-of-mouth it has right now. It certainly has more competition now that the PS4 is really starting to pick up steam, but I think the more-or-less guaranteed quality of P5 will still let it stand on its own merits.

Sophia

Actually he still has one more game coming out, two if the Golden PS4 Remaster rumors are true.

Does anyone actually seriously believe they're doing Golden PS4 after announcing P5 PS4 at the pre-show for the biggest game show in Japan? :p

Also I just realized: This make Atlus god tier trolls. They put P5HERO in the Ultimax data files knowing full well it'd get discovered a few days before this trailer.

JNA

Banned
I think so, too. The reason why I thought that Sony could've revealed P5 at E3 was because I see it having the potential to be a new Final Fantasy VII, in terms of reception and prolificness. JRPGs never really waned in Japan, but they're certainly niche everywhere else, even if the fanbase is generally stable.

With the right conditions, I could see a lot of people picking the game up as their first Persona and getting hooked, especially with the word-of-mouth it has right now. It certainly has more competition now that the PS4 is really starting to pick up steam, but I think the more-or-less guaranteed quality of P5 will still let it stand on its own merits.

If Persona 5 gets a worldwide release (holy megaton Christ), then Sony should seriously give this game the FF7 treatment and market this game as the first big JRPG game to come out of current gen. The JRPG American audience would eat this up right away because there is currently nothing else out there on this system and Persona fans such as us of course is pretty much day 1. XD

Wonder if there will be a collector's edition for this game...

JNA

Banned
gimme persona 3 velvet vita

giphy.gif

I never actually played Persona 3 yet and I avoided it too because of the fact that Persona 3 FES and PSP versions are apparently really different.

I heard FES is pretty much the main PS2 one while the PSP version while it has a FEMC added, it's also more "incomplete".

So I would love to finally play P3 already and have Atlus finally release a full version of P3 with FES and PSP combined, trophies, and whatever else they want to add in the Vita/PS4 version.

JNA

Banned
aoqask.gif

Someone posted this in another thread.

What is that shadow the MC is looking like in the blue flame? A Persona?

giphy.gif

I never actually played Persona 3 yet and I avoided it too because of the fact that Persona 3 FES and PSP versions are apparently really different.

I heard FES is pretty much the main PS2 one while the PSP version while it has a FEMC added, it's also more "incomplete".

So I would love to finally play P3 already and have Atlus finally release a full version of P3 with FES and PSP combined, trophies, and whatever else they want to add in the Vita/PS4 version.
Whaaa? You haven't played P3 yet? You really should, I doubt a P3 remake is coming any soon.

Xenoflare

FES is a pain in the ass to play.

Coming from P3P the shuffle time is really annoying.

I have no idea why can't I manage and check everyone's status in the main screen, I also don't get the Level up screen from them other than the "YETH MUH SKILL LEVEL HATH INCREASED".

P3 is really tedious......

Also what's the use for money in The Answer if there is no shops around?

giphy.gif

I would say play Persona 3 FES considering your missing out on one of the best if not best MC in the series. If not waiting for the inevitable remaster might take some time, but my guess is that it may happen when all the P3 movies are out.

Sophia

Did anyone else think that the animation looked like the same studio that did is doing P4GA, btw?

Yeah it's probably A-1 Productions again.

Also switching my avatar back to classic Aigis to balance out all the P5 MC avatars. Holy crap....

Zareka

giphy.gif

I ended up playing the PSP version first mainly because at that point I had no idea a PS2 version existed and I wouldn't say I missed out on anything, but I'd still like a definitive edition. I like the updated battle system and speed of P3P, but it misses out on 3D world and exploration that's present in the PS2 version (I go on about how bleh running around is in the PS2 version but I think it'd feel a lot better with the updated Golden treatment). I'd love a definitive edition at some point with all the upgrades in Portable with all the things they couldn't pull off in 3P that are in FES. Fully modelled etc FeMC route would be great too.

The Answer I can take or leave.

Edit: Oh yeah and doy I'll tell you to play Persona 3 too. He's one of the best MC's IMO and my favourite. FeMC is cool too. The story is really good as well; better than P4 IMO. You're really missing out if you haven't played P3 yet and we have no idea when/if a remaster will happen.

Gogo get that P3 played!

FES is a pain in the ass to play.

Coming from P3P the shuffle time is really annoying.

I have no idea why can't I manage and check everyone's status in the main screen, I also don't get the Level up screen from them other than the "YETH MUH SKILL LEVEL HATH INCREASED".

P3 is really tedious......

Also what's the use for money in The Answer if there is no shops around?
I have only played FES and it isn't that bad. And I find it very cool that you need to talk to your party members about healing and equipment, makes you feel more as a leader. I can see why people would complain about that, but you're kinda overreacting.

And eh, there are shops in The Answer. Wait, have you even played FES?

JNA

Banned
I ended up playing the PSP version first mainly because at that point I had no idea a PS2 version existed and I wouldn't say I missed out on anything, but I'd still like a definitive edition. I like the updated battle system and speed of P3P, but it misses out on 3D world and exploration that's present in the PS2 version (I go on about how bleh running around is in the PS2 version but I think it'd feel a lot better with the updated Golden treatment). I'd love a definitive edition at some point with all the upgrades in Portable with all the things they couldn't pull off in 3P that are in FES. Fully modelled etc FeMC route would be great too.

The Answer I can take or leave.

Edit: Oh yeah and doy I'll tell you to play Persona 3 too. He's one of the best MC's IMO and my favourite. FeMC is cool too. The story is really good as well; better than P4 IMO. You're really missing out if you haven't played P3 yet and we have no idea when/if a remaster will happen.

Gogo get that P3 played!

So what exactly is missing and added in the P3P version? There's no running around the city?

If you'd played P3P for a hundred hours before moving to FES, you'd see where he's coming from. I can't play FES because of how tedious and slow everything is either. It's such a pain in the ass.
Well I have played P4 so I know how pretty much the battle system is. And I have no problems going back to play P3FES after playing some P4.

Nachos

The only realistic assumption to make is that the two girls in the trailer won't be able to cook.

Maybe in P5, being female will come with a pre-baked inability to cook, even if you're just a background character. That sounds like something interesting to break free of.

Kazzy

If you'd played P3P for a hundred hours before moving to FES, you'd see where he's coming from. I can't play FES because of how tedious and slow everything is either. It's such a pain in the ass.

It's the drop in the ocean, in comparison to those who have to make the leap back to Persona 1/2.

Light a candle for those poor souls.

Sophia

So what exactly is missing and added in the P3P version? There's no running around the city?

The P3P version has a downgrade to presentation. Animated cutscenes are gone, many in game cutscenes are now visual novel style, and the world map has been made 2D.

JNA

Banned
I also wonder if Yu will make a cameo in P5. I'm sure characters like Chie or Kanji will make a cameo but I think it would be pretty cool to see Yu just sort of walk by the MC like two strangers.

Top Bottom