• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsu00

B87O7-PIAAAT1iz.png

That was fun!

Sophia

We've gone through swimming, track, kendo, basketball and football/soccer in the last two games. The new uniform looks kind of preppy so we might be onto tennis and lacrosse this time around. Let's see some Ace wo Nerae by way of Persona.
WQMsmQ4.jpg

Tennis was already done in Persona 3 Portable.

Jawmuncher

In Japan definitely. I think many of us are expecting a summer release in Japan. And for Atlus USA It usually depends on the game. I assume we'll get it end of year.

People have said in this thread that the previous persona games took around 4-5 months for localization.

I see. Would be nice if every region including EU got it this year. At least importing will be possible for EU.

:D Best of luck

I approve.

PK Gaming

Whew, I finally finished my bingo card...

geEZ2Hn.png

I think I may have been too conservative (at least comparison to all of you), but I digress. I'm confident that I will get at least 2 bingos.

That new key art for Falling Down is beautiful, and I LOVE "Light in Starless Sky!" Gosh, as if my hype-level wasn't already super high this week, that trailer just increased it even more! :D

Lunar15

So, at this point, are people who started with P4 able to become bitter old-school fans? Because I totally think you're going to see that phenomenon happen once we get some nuts and bolts about P5.

Whew, I finally finished my bingo card...

geEZ2Hn.png

I think I may have been too conservative (at least comparison to all of you), but I digress. I'm confident that I will get at least 2 bingos.

I almost feel like the center square should be "Bitter [everyone] will deride Atlus for any of their decisions [and then 180 on it after the fact] (FREE SPACE)"

Good stuff, PK hahaha

mdubs

Banned
Dat Lotus Juice in the trailer. I can't decide whether I want him in P5, because on one hand it will sound awesome but on the other he is just so linked to P3 it would be better to bring in someone else

wmlk

Is this a declaration of fan favorite character wars I'm hearing from you? >:D

Joking aside, omg I'm still squeeing at that trailer.

Yes! I never understood the love for Aigis. Junpei more than anything personifies the themes of Persona 3 for me.

Those Makoto and Aigis scenes <3
Best part:
Oh my god, I'm on mobile and can't watch the video, this is teasing me so much right now. Makoto hugging Aigis, I NEED to see this!

Also, apparently there is something up with Junpei vs Aigis? I can't watch the video just yet

Zebetite

Banned
Is it even possible for P5 to release earlier than the end of this year in Japan? How has atlus been with Japan Release and then the NA release in the past?

It was either four or five months between the unveiling of Persona 4 and its Japanese release. It could well be coming this summer there. Atlus' localisations have been getting quicker and quicker lately.

Router started finally working, just watched the P3 Movie 3 trailer

I CANNOT WAIT. I don't know if it's possible for a guy to fangirl harder than I am right now.

Makio

That movie looks amazing , emotional as shit.
Im not Aigis X Makoto fan but man i can feel it.

The track ... oh god that track !!! Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice delivers as always.

PK Gaming

That Persona 3 The Movie #3 trailer yo.

Fair warning for those who haven't played or are playing Persona 3, as this one contains a number of spoilers from the game itself.

But oh my gosh THAT TRAILER. <3

So a couple of things:

-My gut tells me the showdown between SEES and Strega will be more intense. Should be interesting.
-More Junpei / Chidori scenes possibly? Very nice.
-Mitsuru is looking pretty mad. I hope
her meltdown
is better in the movie.
-Looks like they're pushing Makoto x Aigis pretty hard. I'm so sorry Yukari.

Sophia

MAJOR P3 SPOILER TIME IN REGARDS TO THE TRAILER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I do find it interesting that Ikutsuki is completely absent entirely from the trailer, yet they all but spoiled the fact that Mitsuru's father dies. It makes a lot of scenes in the trailer have a completely different interpretation for those who haven't played the game. They're definitely trying to hide it, much like how the P4 anime spoiled minor details, but went out of it's way to hide the antagonist until the moment of the reveal.

A bigger focus is put on Aigis and Chidori too. They show Aigis being mind-controlled by Ikutsuki without actually showing the context of it, which outright makes her look like an antagonist. There's also a number of new scenes. Including the aforementioned scene of Makoto hugging Aigis (boy he sure has progressed from the first movie, huh?), as well as that ending shot. It also seems that Junpei will confront Chidori alone in contrast to the game. That scene should be a whole lot more natural because of that. I think the manga adaptation did something similar?

So a couple of things:

-My gut tells me the showdown between SEES and Strega will be more intense. Should be interesting.
-More Junpei / Chidori scenes possibly? Very nice.
-Mitsuru is looking pretty mad. I hope
her meltdown
is better in the movie.
-Looks like they're pushing Makoto x Aigis pretty hard. I'm so sorry Yukari.

Chidori comes off better in the Japanese voice track to P3, if you ask me. So that'll be an improvement right there.

I actually wanted Makoto x Yukari because it seems to be the closest to a canon pairing, so I'm a bit surprised Aigis is getting the focus with him. I'm not complaining, however.

FluxWaveZ

Not that I necessarily think they're promoting one pairing over the other right now, but having a larger focus on Makoto's relationship with Aigis than with Yukari's might make for a more natural flow into the final film, adapting The Answer. Yukari already showed that she was really worried about Makoto due to his state of mind in the first film, so it would work for the jealousy aspect, too.

The Persona Channel website now has this background on the site instead of the P4AU one.

It has the same red background as the P5 background for the site, and also teases the final ????? event at 21:00 JST.

Definitely for P5 at this point.

Here is the P5 background (which was only used when the P-ch site opened in 2013) for comparison

Same color scheme and everything.

I wonder what the banner on the Persona Channel will be post stream, assuming that they don't just go back to Ultimax.

Nice to see that they still haven't fixed the bug where certain news lists still show the Persona Q banner.

Makio

That track for the next movie is SO Good i dont care if they dont show p5 music.

But gods a live version of the Light in Starless Sky gonna be amazing do it do it do it do it.

Oh, and for those that don't know, at the PSL2015 event, the single CD for Light in Starless Sky will be sold, as well as PERSORA -THE GOLDEN BEST- 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom