• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Probably, but if even if it doesn't come out the same time in the EU, it won't matter. You could just import it.

Yep, that's actually my plan! :)

I'd love to get the CE tho, so it would be easier/cheaper if EU release was around the same time ^^

Not that I necessarily think they're promoting one pairing over the other right now, but having a larger focus on Makoto's relationship with Aigis than with Yukari's might make for a more natural flow into the final film, adapting The Answer. Yukari already showed that she was really worried about Makoto due to his state of mind in the first film, so it would work for the jealousy aspect, too.

Yeah, one thing this trailer did is get me really excited for a movie version of The Answer, so I really hope they make it. It would be interesting to see not only how they adapt that material, but also the culmination of the modified character arcs for SEES.

Atlus USA has said over and over we are getting it this year.

Have they? As far as I remember it's just been 'as close to the Japanese release as we can'. Remember how long PQ took to go west? I'd expect longer for P5 as it's a bigger game (i assume).

Pfffffffttttt Hahahahah! Oh man, that one got me, and now I'm crying because I live in England.

Still, I imported Ultimax with no hassle whatsoever, so I'll probably do the same with P5. (and P4D if necessary)

Have they? As far as I remember it's just been 'as close to the Japanese release as we can'. Remember how long PQ took to go west? I'd expect longer for P5 as it's a bigger game (i assume).

Pfffffffttttt Hahahahah! Oh man, that one got me, and now I'm crying because I live in England.

Still I imported Ultimate with no hassle whatsoever, so I'll probably do the same with P5. (and P4D if necessary)

atlus.com/persona5

"2015 for PS3 & PS4"

Trust me, it's coming this year to North America. Europe, now that's a different story.

FluxWaveZ

I think they left out the 2015 part of that. Not simultaneous with Japan, but we do what we do as quick as we can.

http://atlus.com/persona5/
http://youtu.be/SmlaYjnPVI4?t=1m9s
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/25/persona-5-and-more-confirmed-for-ps3-in-north-america/

If Persona 5 were to be announced for 2016 in NA now, it would be considered a delay.

Sophia

PQ was a weird case tho. It seems localization didn't start on it right away because of them being busy with other stuff (including Ultimax)

atlus.com/persona5

"2015 for PS3 & PS4"

Trust me, it's coming this year to North America. Europe, now that's a different story.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will have a 2015 release, but remember when it was originally winter 2014?

Things change and delays happen, so until we get a set date I'll always have that slight pessimism about me :p

Don't get me wrong, I think it will have a 2015 release, but remember when it was originally winter 2014?

Things change and delays happen, so until we get a set date I'll always have that slight pessimism about me :p

It was always slated for a 2015 release in North America, though.

The "2014 Winter" release was only for Japan, not North America.

Makio

So if they reveal the new trailer for Falling Down today ... so now what you think gonna be the ??? in the Event 7 after the Digest of the two movies.

Maybe a reveal for the fourth film or a release of the new track in full glory ....

LX_Theo

Banned

And it was 2015 for NA when they announced 2015 for Japan, too.

Clearly the delay hasn't pushed them out of the year.

So if they reveal the new trailer for Falling Down today ... so now what you think gonna be the ??? in the Event 7 after the Digest of the two movies.

Maybe a reveal for the fourth film or a release of the new track in full glory ....

Arena anime.

Or Dancing trailer. Since Persora 2 is on sale, I have a feeling that we'll get Dancing stuff before that goes on sale, since it contains a track from that game.

Persona 5 isn't going to be 2016 unless it's a very late 2015 date for Japan, I'm guessing at a Summer release at the moment, which would leave plenty of time for a localisation.

Sophia

So then we can say perhaps the PS4 version/port is what caused the delay for Japan?

I really doubt that. It's more likely they decided on the PS4 version after they decided to delay it. :p

Persona Trinity Soul Remastered

You jest, but I'd totally take a reimagined version of Trinity Soul as a proper game. The setting, characters, and premise were actually very good. The actual execution was the problem.

I really doubt that. It's more likely they decided on the PS4 version after they decided to delay it. :p

Regarding the delay, when it first happened there was a news post up on p.ch that said something about "quality issues," but it quickly got taken down and replaced with one that didn't give a reason.

Although that was going through google translate, and the only thing I can find on it is a post I made at the time, so might not be entirely accurate.

Redhood

Quick Question about PQ. I have not played P3. Does the game spoil too much about P3? Should I avoid playing the P3 branch having not played P3? Are there any major p3 spoilers in P4 branch?

Sophia

Quick Question about PQ. I have not played P3. Does the game spoil too much about P3? Should I avoid playing the P3 branch having not played P3? Are there any major p3 spoilers in P4 branch?

There are minor spoilers for Persona 3, as all the party members from P3 are gathered in the game. That said, it doesn't spoil anything major as the game takes place before any major plot twists.

Makio

PK got to the "no Yukiko in P4D" prediction before I did.

I remember a theory when says the Investigation team use a yellow scarf in memory of Yukiko who dies before the events of Dancing All The Night.

Persona-4-Dancing-All-Night-Releases-Brand-New-Trailer-620x400.jpg

Yukiko is one of my waifu and shit , but this game takes so drastic plot is day one buy for sure :D

FluxWaveZ

Regarding the delay, when it first happened there was a news post up on p.ch that said something about "quality issues," but it quickly got taken down and replaced with one that didn't give a reason.

Although that was going through google translate, and the only thing I can find on it is a post I made at the time, so might not be entirely accurate.

I don't remember this, even though I remember following what was going on very carefully right when it was going down. On my site, I didn't make any mention of something like that either, even though I know I would have if it happened (it's not in my article revision list, either).

I do remember an initial blog post created for the news, and then quickly removed, but I'm pretty sure that was consolidated into the more recent entry, which is why it wasn't a big deal for me.

Dawg

Weren't the last few Persona games (like Arena) region-locked though?

What would my fellow EU bros do if P5 was delayed in Europe and the US version was region-locked?

What would my fellow EU bros do if P5 was delayed in Europe and the US version was region-locked?

It was JUST arena.

Plus PS4/Vita are region free anyways. I'm not sure they CAN region lock anymore :/ but I could be way off on that.

LX_Theo

Banned

Arena, yes. Ultimax, no.

PQ, yes. But thats just because the 3DS is stupid.

Marche90

Only the original Persona 4 Arena was region-locked, the rest of their games (excepting the 3DS ones because lolnintendo) are not.

Man, I'm kind of on the fence if I want to stay awake that late to see the livestream... guess I'll decide in the afternoon.

I don't remember this, even though I remember following what was going on very carefully right when it was going down. On my site, I didn't make any mention of something like that either, even though I know I would have if it happened (it's not in my article revision list, either).

I do remember an initial blog post created for the news, and then quickly removed, but I'm pretty sure that was consolidated into the more recent entry, which is why it wasn't a big deal for me.

Yes. There was another post that was quickly deleted that showed the new release window and platforms, and cited "quality reasons" but was quickly removed with another post to replace it.

It would have been in the initial blog post, but then I might just be mistaken. Google translate isn't perfect, and it was a while ago.

I remember a theory when says the Investigation team use a yellow scarf in memory of Yukiko who dies before the events of Dancing All The Night.

Atlus aren't killing off any of the the Investigation Team, especially not in a spinoff

FluxWaveZ

Yes. There was another post that was quickly deleted that showed the new release window and platforms, and cited "quality reasons" but was quickly removed with another post to replace it.

It would have been in the initial blog post, but then I might just be mistaken. Google translate isn't perfect, and it was a while ago.

Hm, then I guess I really did miss it—or I wasn't sure it was accurate due to Google Translate—and it was a line in that initial blog post which was up for, like, 5-10 minutes. I guess, in the end, we're really in the dark as to why P4D and P5 were delayed, specifically. Would really just like them to be straight with that info, even if it were as a postmortem thing.

Yeah i read that after the no reveal of Yukiko in the trailer 2 , so Naoto is dead too hahaha stupid theory,

The only fan theory i can buy right now is the scrunchy-chan theory,
10945723_712144342233349_3636938773490608498_n.jpg

I've read about that before, and... I dunno. I like the design a lot, but maybe she's so detailed because, y'know, she's the closest character in the shot?

Makio

I've read about that before, and... I dunno. I like the design a lot, but maybe she's so detailed because, y'know, she's the closest character in the shot?

And that is my theory too , but looking the trailer in that 360 shot they focus 4-3 persons and the more detailed person of all is Scrunchy - chan

So make me doubt a bit.

Let see what happens in the end.

So I'm a little bit confused about the stream cause of the schedule I saw posted in another thread that listed stuff like Persona Q Ultimax, Golden alongside unannounced stuff the next day; so tonight the stream opens with the old stuff and then the next day we get news? or are we expecting hype stuff from minute 1? I ask to know if I should watch the stream from the beggining considering that they're not gonna show new stuff today.

Lusankya

So I'm a little bit confused about the stream cause of the schedule I saw posted in another thread that listed stuff like Persona Q Ultimax, Golden alongside unannounced stuff the next day; so tonight the stream opens with the old stuff and then the next day we get news? or are we expecting hype stuff from minute 1? I ask to know if I should watch the stream from the beggining considering that they're not gonna show new stuff today.

Here is the schedule.

We expect hype stuff for the two ??? sections and Persona 5 goodness during the red ????? section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom