• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And keep me away from Photoshop.

Hopefully they won't force me overtime at work again on the 5th. :'(

tumblr_inline_mhvkskvTuR1qz4rgp.gif

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Oh good, it's two twelve hour chunks? Weird but good for me, won't miss anything because of work.

The Japanese schedule post implies that they'll be broadcasting around the clock, but, yeah, it's reasonable to believe that it'll just be filler of some sort between days.

Dawg

Naoto was the easiest boss so far, wow. I was level 54 and I didn't even have to use any items :p

To start off, the boss missed 5 attacks in a row the first 5 turns. Felt lucky :p I was also lucky to have every single party member equipped with a -dyne elemental move. Two of them (Yukiko & MC) had fire which the boss resists but luckily, Yukiko has Fire Break :D

Then the real fight started and he began to do the stat nullifier thingy + buff himself after +1 and do the same AoE attack over and over.

This was the only part where the boss kinda had me in a lock. The only party member who kept getting critted was Yosuke and I couldn't make him guard because he was the only party member with dekaja and the boss' buff had to go down asap. So, for a bunch of turns... it was basically a loop of 3x dyne + dekaja -> yosuke getting crit -> yukiko heal -> etc

But then the stat nullifier wore off, I used guard with Yosuke and the boss pretty much lost his only advantage. He couldn't do a +1 anymore.

All in all, difficulty felt like 2/10.

Also, for a first time player... I'm surprised to have completed every single dungeon the first day I entered it... so far. And I also haven't lost a single boss fight! :p

Dawg

I still can't believe it's been one and a half year since the November 2013 stream.

And we're going to experience something similar all over again.

BRING ON THE HYPE.

Wait, it's been... that long?! o_O

I could have sworn it's only been a few months. Damn, time really does go fast these days :(

arue

Wait, it's been... that long?! o_O

I could have sworn it's only been a few months. Damn, time really does go fast these days :(

It's more like a year and two months, but yes, it's been that long since the initial P5 reveal. We only got one trailer in 2014, which is kind of disappointing to me.

Edit: Those Teddie expressions on p-ch.jp make me think that we'll be trolled by him again. *prepares bingo*

.JayZii

Banned
I'll be surprised if there isn't a Persona 5 trailer during the stream. Also very sad.

Also, P5 does not need any direct character crossovers from the previous games. I've seen suggestions of that, and I never understand people who suggest that. Oblique references and quick side character cameos like Chihiro at the Iwatodi class trip in P4? Okay. Anything more than that and it starts to feel like lame pandering. The numbered games each need to define their own unique feeling. Save crossover stuff for side games.

I can't wait to experience the new world, characters, personas, music and art style choices. It's been too long.

Makio

Things expecting the next days related to p5 in the stream can be only one or all of them :
New trailer (doesnt matter gameplay footage or only cutscene footage) simple i need a new trailer.
New characthers reveal (party member no party member , but new people besides the MC) or they can be reveal in the new trailer.
A glimpse of the ost , if can played live in the concert even better. If they have to choose one song , please be the opening / theme song. The battles songs no grow on me until i played the games.
An idea in when the game gonna be released give a month (March 2015, June 2015...)

Is the only new things i expected , i expected nothing from Dancing all the night , Persona Q , Ultimax or some new spinoff. All the new stuff gonna be welcome but please Persona 5 info.

The website of Persona Super Live 2015 says the concert stars 18:30 that's the JST zone time i suppose.

.JayZii

Banned
I can't wait for the match between P5 MC's Shuujin High and Kou's basketball team.
We've gone through swimming, track, kendo, basketball and football/soccer in the last two games. The new uniform looks kind of preppy so we might be onto tennis and lacrosse this time around. Let's see some Ace wo Nerae by way of Persona.
WQMsmQ4.jpg

Makio

If one of the new girls plays Tennis is gonna be my waifu day one... i have weakness for female tennis players (lol)

Reveirg

What do you guys think are the two other "unannounced" parts?

I'm expecting another P3 movie or something like that.

Secretly hoping for another spin-off or remake on top of P5 reveal. I know, I'm greedy.

Makio

I can see the winter themed movie of Persona 3 be reveal after the 2 movies digest and after a replay or the 3rd movie teaser.

I want another spinoff too aka Persona Arena 3 ...

It's weird to see Persona get such High Profile news from major sites. I still see it as this niche thing in the West.

Off Topic but it's my Birthday!

What do you guys think are the two other "unannounced" parts?

I'm thinking the three unannounced parts will be for the Falling Down movie, DAN, and then finally P5. Maybe trailer and interviews for the movie, with trailers and gameplay for the games.

It's weird to see Persona get such High Profile news from major sites. I still see it as this niche thing in the West.

Off Topic but it's my Birthday!

Happy birthday! Hope it's a good day, capped off with some exciting stuff on the stream.

when you play persona, who do you think the target audience is for the game?

when i played p1&p2 i felt the target audience = adults, less so for p3&p4?

smt is definitely for adults

Quick question that even Google can't answer for me.

So I own these pins,

faBUJCz.jpg

Some of you may recognise them, now, someone at work asked me what 'dexy and lexy, calocy and junecy' meant, and I have no idea!

If I Google it, the only thing to come up is the pin.

Any ideas?

Jawmuncher

Is it even possible for P5 to release earlier than the end of this year in Japan? How has atlus been with Japan Release and then the NA release in the past?

DNAbro

Is it even possible for P5 to release earlier than the end of this year in Japan? How has atlus been with Japan Release and then the NA release in the past?

In Japan definitely. I think many of us are expecting a summer release in Japan. And for Atlus USA It usually depends on the game. I assume we'll get it end of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom