• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

so x84 drew another one of my requests

B9iIWxcIEAIM5Qg.png

Ain't he a swell guy? No really!

Jurou_Tenshi

Neo Member
So your parents are the kind that ALWAYS walk in when the hard-to-explain shit is happening onscreen?

I can relate.

Oh man, I think I might have the worst one. I was playing P4 and it was the doctor scene: the one where they're talking about the girls measurements. My dad (who is a super Christian) walks in the second Rise says, "And having modestly sized breasts like yours makes it easier to wear a kimono."

There was nothing. Silence, for a good 20 seconds, nothing going on but the music.

And that is why I will never use auto advance on a Persona game ever again.

Every single P3 character in P4A(U) has an evoker and uses theirs in combat (except for Junpei). Yes, they did remark how the Midnight Channel facilitated Persona summoning, even though they don't really need evokers to summon Personas anymore since it's more of a symbol of their resolve, at that point.

What's weird about the above image is that it was assumed Junpei didn't have an evoker going into the events of P4AU because of his story circumstances, which is why he never uses his in battle. Except, he apparently actually does have an evoker on him.

Huh, i was under the impression they could because the TV world was
"leaking out" with the red fog

I find it funny that in 99% of the images Potter gets along with Minato, but trolls the fuck out of Yu.

I think it's the whole "delinquent" thing. Like, Makoto wouldn't give a shit, and may even join in cause why not, but Yu's gonna realize something's going on and take action against it

Drop

So today is my birthday and look what my family got for me!

<3
Those are beautiful, happy birthday!

I don't care to hide my gaming and such interests from my parents and others... I just don't think they'd care. Because they don't.
My parents don't care either, they only do near my birthday and christmas cause they don't know what to get me. The only series they know I'm into is Pokemon, but that's because it's the only one I've been playing since I was 6.

Oh man, I think I might have the worst one. I was playing P4 and it was the doctor scene: the one where they're talking about the girls measurements. My dad (who is a super Christian) walks in the second Rise says, "And having modestly sized breasts like yours makes it easier to wear a kimono."

There was nothing. Silence, for a good 20 seconds, nothing going on but the music.

And that is why I will never use auto advance on a Persona game ever again.

I think parents have some sort of instinct that gets them to walk in when something awkward is happening, only when something awkward is happening.

Sophia

If they ever did another Arena game, they wouldn't need too many antagonists. Just have the P5 cast fight the P4 cast. >.>

And then make Phantom-kun trolling Narukami canon.

Murray97

I just finished Persona 4 on PS3 and I feel like I want more Persona in my life, what should I play next?

Persona 3?

I might pick up Persona 4 Arena as well, whats that like?

I just finished Persona 4 on PS3 and I feel like I want more Persona in my life, what should I play next?

Persona 3?

3 is the next best thing to go for. Arena continues from both 3 and 4 in the story mode, and it spoils quite a bit of 3.

For 3, you've got FES on the PS2/PS3 classics which has a full 3D overworld like in 4, but you can't control party members directly, or there's P3P on the PSP, which gives you direct control and an optional female route, but lacks exploration and anime cutscenes.

Persona 3?

Play 3 for sure, the gameplay can be frustrating but it is still good despite that. Get arena ultimax, and the DLC that has Arena's whole story.

Persona 3?

Play 3 for sure, it will have certain things that you'll find frustrating coming from P4 but it's a fantastic game that's stronger than P4 in some regards. If you finish P3 and would like to see more of the P3 and P4 cast then I'd say check out the Arena games and Persona Q.

FluxWaveZ

April 7th, 1986
Atlus founded as a company.

April 1st, 2014:
Atlus becomes a separate entertainment software division, disassociated from Index Corporation. As a result, Atlus creates a nifty new logo for the company as a symbol of a renewed independence and aspirations towards the future. Hashino writes a pep talk for the fans about how Atlus lives on.

April 1st, 2015:
SEGA Corporation and SEGA Networks merge to create SEGA Games, of which Atlus will be under management after the company's group structure reform.

April, apparently an important date for Atlus. Next year's going to be the company's 30th anniversary (and Persona's 20th), which is cool. This year's gonna be Devil Summoner's 20th and Trauma Center's 10th (and Radiant Historia's 5th).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April the start of the new tax year? (At least in the States, not sure about Japan). Would explain why there are so many restructuring efforts happening then. Hopefully things have calmed down at Atlus, even after the most recent changes at Sega.

As an aside, I really enjoy reading Hashino's messages to the community. He always seems like a genuine guy who really takes pride in his work. This quote from his pep talk in particular stuck out to me:

I might be a bit overdramatic when I say this, but I think much like people, the games that leave a lasting impression upon us are the ones that that charm us and challenge us alike, ones that require more than mere passiveness on our part to enjoy and set out to change the status quo with good intentions. While it's important for players to enjoy themselves when playing video games, I want ours to linger on in their memories for other reasons beyond that. Those are the things I've kept at the forefront of my mind as I keep pursuing this life as a creator that I've gone down.

If they ever did another Arena game, they wouldn't need too many antagonists. Just have the P5 cast fight the P4 cast. >.>

I'm hoping for an eventual Platinum Games Persona game, similar to MGR in terms of gameplay. Or maybe a Dark Souls styled action JRPG. Only just because i really suck at fighting games and i'm incredibly salty that for once there's a real-time combat, action focused Persona game and i can barely play it :/

Persona 3?

Play Persona 3. It'll be a bit harder to get into because combat will be a bit dated compared to P4, but the story is WELL worth it. Although i'm biased here, since i prefer Persona 3 over Persona 4.

Pick up Ultimax and get the Persona 4 Arena story DLC for $10. It makes the original P4A irrelevant since you can just by the story mode for P4A with Ultimax, making Ultimax the "definitive version". But, it will heavily spoil both P3 and P4, so play P3 first if you don't want to be spoiled

---------

Also, i came across the P3P Vocal Arrangement the other day on YouTube, and both Danger Zone and Burn My Dread remixes sound like they would make great P4: DAN tracks, minus the vocals (although i wouldn't mind them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cOgmPAAkR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrSf4Gssdwc

FluxWaveZ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't April the start of the new tax year? (At least in the States, not sure about Japan). Would explain why there are so many restructuring efforts happening then.

I don't know about that, but Sega's fiscal year 2014 and 2015 end at the end of March, so that would explain why new business structure stuff would hit at the beginning of April, since it would be the start of their new FY.

Following poll #007 where 73% of people guessed wrong ("Will Persona 5's release date be announced on February 5th?"), I'm curious what people think about a related one: poll #008: "When will Persona 5's Exact, Japanese Release Date be Announced?"

I don't know about that, but Sega's fiscal year 2014 and 2015 end at the end of March, so that would explain why new business structure stuff would hit at the beginning of April, since it would be the start of their new FY.

Following poll #007 where 73% of people guessed wrong ("Will Persona 5's release date be announced on February 5th?"), I'm curious what people think about a related one: poll #008: "When will Persona 5's Exact, Japanese Release Date be Announced?"

My guess is June 25th, 2015 as that's when P4D will ship out with the Persona 5 long-form movie. I have it on import, and I'm giving Mystic my extra copy I ordered accidentally, so we will report back with our findings.

FluxWaveZ

My guess is June 25th, 2015 as that's when P4D will ship out with the Persona 5 long-form movie. I have it on import, and I'm giving Mystic my extra copy I ordered accidentally, so we will report back with our findings.

Well, a release date is pretty much the very last thing that Atlus would want to initially keep exclusive to a small subset of people; that would be terrible marketing. I really don't think there's any way that it would be announced through the special movie disc, just for the people who got first-print copies of P4D.

I'm feeling April, for some reason.

arue

kewlmyc

Probably way too early to be talking about spinoffs, but it would be interesting if the P4 and P5 crew didn't get along. Especially if the P4 crew is 5 years older than they were in P4 if this game does take place in 2016.

Voted April, because that seemed like the best amount of time to allow them to get some more media exposure for P4D, but not so much so that people start worrying about P5.

Well, a release date is pretty much the very last thing that Atlus would want to initially keep exclusive to a small subset of people; that would be terrible marketing. I really don't think there's any way that it would be announced through the special movie disc, just for the people who got first-print copies of P4D.

I'm feeling April, for some reason.

I'm thinking May, that gives them a few months to put focus on DAN and then sometime in May they could do a fairly low key release date announcement as they'll have a big blowout of info in June when the Blu Ray is out.

Verder

April 7th, 1986
Atlus founded as a company.

April 1st, 2014:
Atlus becomes a separate entertainment software division, disassociated from Index Corporation. As a result, Atlus creates a nifty new logo for the company as a symbol of a renewed independence and aspirations towards the future. Hashino writes a pep talk for the fans about how Atlus lives on.

April 1st, 2015:
SEGA Corporation and SEGA Networks merge to create SEGA Games, of which Atlus will be under management after the company's group structure reform.

April, apparently an important date for Atlus. Next year's going to be the company's 30th anniversary (and Persona's 20th), which is cool. This year's gonna be Devil Summoner's 20th and Trauma Center's 10th (and Radiant Historia's 5th).

I hope we get a new Devil Summoner or Trauma Center. PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom