• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've been playing some Golden Arena mode in P4AU.

My Chie has Enduring Soul and Auto-Maraku. I am unkillable.

It started as soon as the thief aspect became apparent. Given Yu's a detective, I can see why they have conflict in these images.

Yeah, when the trailer showed how badass he looks as a thief, it gave reason to people draw him as the new "boss in town". He looks way more confident, making more sense to shut down Yu in fanart.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah, when the trailer showed how badass he looks as a thief, it gave reason to people draw him as the new "boss in town". He looks way more confident, making more sense to shut down Yu in fanart.

I really, really want them to make an noncanon miniseries (anime probably) that's all about them trying to one up one another.

B9h6v7AIgAADftS.png:large

Source.

FluxWaveZ

Is author/artist aware that Morgana is a girl? lol

I guess technically, none of us really do. I think Morgana's gender has been assumed based on her name, but I don't think Atlus ever said anything about it.

Apropos of nothing, a repost of the opening numbers for the main Persona games in Japan (via Famitsu):
[PS1] Persona (Atlus) {1996.09.20} - 201.147
[PS1] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {1999.06.24} - 170.577
[PS1] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus) {2000.06.29} - 119.483
[PS2] Persona 3 (Atlus) {2006.07.13} - 127.472
[PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus) {2008.07.10} - 211.967

DNAbro

I guess technically, none of us really do. I think Morgana's gender has been assumed based on her name, but I don't think Atlus ever said anything about it.

Apropos of nothing, a repost of the opening numbers for the main Persona games in Japan (via Famitsu):

Gonna take a shot and say 600,000+ opening week. Could totally blow past that expectation though.(or underperform idk japan is weird)

Tamanon

Banned
Isn't a reference to Morgan le Fay, the sorceress from Arthurian legends?

I assume it's a reference to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Thousand_and_One_Nights_characters#Morgiana

Morgiana or "Morgana" or Marjanah is a clever slave girl from Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. She is initially in Cassim's household but on his death she joins his brother Ali Baba and through her quick wittedness she saves Ali's life many times and eventually kills his worst enemy, the leader of the Forty Thieves. As reward, Ali frees her and Morgiana marries Ali's son.

Seeing as Ali Baba was a pretty famous thief.

Would be better if P4 read "I'm gonna punch myself in the face." :p

Or I'm gonna just keep punching until I can see what it is.

FluxWaveZ

Gonna take a shot and say 600,000+ opening week. Could totally blow past that expectation though.(or underperform idk japan is weird)

I'm very excited to see Persona 5 come out, from the perspective of the attention it will get and sales.

Top 5 persona game openings:
1. [PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus) {2008.07.10} - 211.967
2. [PS1] Persona (Atlus) {1996.09.20} - 201.147
3. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus) {2014.06.05} - 186.398
4. [PS1] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {1999.06.24} - 170.577
5. [PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus) {2012.06.14} - 152.499
I'm thinking the minimum opening in Japan for Persona 5 would be around 400-500k, and even that would be a huge success for the series.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i think the ali babar thing is more likely that arthurian legend but really who knows

Seeing that it's been mostly western themed so far with the 7 deadly sins and features mythological ties to characters who might not be be morally "right" according to society, I think the arthurian legends might be more likely.

Jintor

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe but really these things always escape me in Persona games until like four months after I finish them so shruggggggggggg

CorvoSol

I wonder what the P5 cast is gonna punch in the face.

I feel like Persona 1 was more "Punch little girls in the face" than punching God. Especially since one of the three "God" enemies in the game, the most apparent of those three, was sort of a bynote to the other two in the end.
God Kandori is chump change compared to Pandora and Nyarlothotep, but in-story he's more obvious than Nyarly, who legit just cameos during the boss fight.

Now, INNOCENT SIN, that is a game about punching God in the face. Because,
When Philemon persuades you to sell your relationship with Maya and your friends in exchange for Maya's life, you can literally punch him in the face.

Kazzy

A lot of the stylistic elements of Persona do undoubtedly make various allusions, which often are wide and varied. That said, there is a tendency (some would say, an unwillingness) to simply read things as they are.

In no way is this a knock at the community, because quite frankly, I often find it to be interesting. On the other hand, some conjecture does occasionally veer off into the ludicrous...

Ever since the protagonist was first revealed I've had this feeling that he'll take off his glasses once he gets his Persona and won't wear them anymore. I think it would be kinda symbolic considering that in Persona 4 the characters put on their glasses when they're on the TV world, and in P5 the MC will take them off as a way of showing that the series is moving forward.

I'm pretty sure that "because it looks cool" is probably the clear winner here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom