• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder what the P5 cast is gonna punch in the face.
No it's,
Persona 2: You punch Hitler in Sunglasses in the face
D7Zgar1.jpg

?
Man I remember that, now I feel old.
Persona (smt in general) is full of symbolism. It doesn't even try to hide it.
SMT/Persona symbolism has the subtly of like being run over by a boulder. Do I even need to bring this up....
180px-YHVH.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh definitely, but they often try to match their personas with their personality, and seeing that her persona is apparently/maybe lust, morgan le fay is a pretty good connection to it.

This all just speculation for fun though.

Tamanon

Banned
Interesting thing: It basically confirms that the nine characters we've seen are the only characters in there.

Also it looks like they're going to say who dances to what song, which is actually kinda neat.

It's a weird setup, because don't we know of 10 characters?(Naoto/Yukiko/Nanako aren't shown on the site yet)

Interesting thing: It basically confirms that the nine characters we've seen are the only characters in there.

Also it looks like they're going to say who dances to what song, which is actually kinda neat.

Eh, haven't we already seen 10 dancing characters?

EDIT: Yar, too late.

So, I just read the interview with Kazuhisa Wada, and decided I'd share some interesting tidbits.

In the interview, he states that Vita TV support is planned, as well as a digital download version of the game.

There are four difficulty modes: EASY, NORMAL, HARD, and ALL NIGHT. The story mode also has an even easier difficulty.

In this game, like Arena, the main character's official name is Yu Narukami.

A demo for the game is not planned.

Every playable character will have multiple outfits.

DLC costumes and music are planned.

FREE DANCE mode lets you play any song you'd like.

It seems that the story takes place chronologically after the events of P4G. Which I guess he means the epilogue. Nanako is also involved in the story in some way.

One question was: Will Hanako dance? The answer was no.

EDIT: I am sorry, Crimson. Coincidentally, we both posted translations of the interview at the same time. I didn't realize until I refreshed the page.

Hey guys I just beat FES and everyone is telling me to skip NG+ and The answer. Why exactly, it's not like I mind I got other stuff to play anyway but I'm just curious

It seems that the story takes place chronologically after the events of P4G. Which I guess he means the epilogue. Nanako is also involved in the story in some way.

EDIT: I am sorry, Crimson. Coincidentally, we both posted translations of the interview at the same time. I didn't realize until I refreshed the page.

I was just using Google translate, an actual translation is much better. Did it say something about no fighting involved in the story mode though?

Wasn't Narukami called 'Hero' in Dingo's version of the game?

Yep, you can see it on Atlus USA's site: http://www.atlus.com/p4dan/

Hey guys I just beat FES and everyone is telling me to skip NG+ and The answer. Why exactly, it's not like I mind I got other stuff to play anyway but I'm just curious

The Answer is just pure dungeon crawling and forces you to play on Hard. It's not overly popular and a lot of people just youtube it. Not sure why anyone would say to skip NG+ though.

I have not played arena, does this mean I cannot change rhe name of the p4mc anymore on p4dancing?

Will everyone call him out loud as Yu narukami now Ingame?

Dantis

I have not played arena, does this mean I cannot change rhe name of the p4mc anymore on p4dancing?

Will everyone call him out loud as Yu narukami now Ingame?

Yes.

I wish we'd seen more of Dingo's game before it was scrapped. Things like the story mode potentially looked a lot more interesting than the Arena style visual novel that we're getting.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think Atlus' version will be far and away the better game, I just would have liked to at least seen Dingo's version, as it seems more... surprising, I guess? Atlus are playing it all pretty safe.

Huh, Persona Music Box 2014 has another completely different Deep Breath Deep Breath remix. Very interesting, very different from the original + other remix. Super chill.

The Light Up The Fire In The Night performance is also fucking rad. That camerawork.

The camera work has been outstanding on all Persona live shows, very well directed and edited, it makes the shows even more exciting to watch.
I get the impression that very few Persona fans actually buy these dvds which is a shame.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes.

I wish we'd seen more of Dingo's game before it was scrapped. Things like the story mode potentially looked a lot more interesting than the Arena style visual novel that we're getting.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think Atlus' version will be far and away the better game, I just would have liked to at least seen Dingo's version, as it seems more... surprising, I guess? Atlus are playing it all pretty safe.

Was there any indication of what the story mode for the dingo game will be?

Here is my translation. Sorry if it isn't too amazing. I did my best.

Hello there, everyone! I am the director and producer of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Kazuhisa Wada.

Last week, Teddie did his best in order to answer everyone's questions regarding this game and more.

<Regarding the Game Editions>

Q1: There are three different editions planned for this game. For some, it can be quite hard to choose the right edition for them. How can you make it simpler to explain?

A:
&#12304;Normal Edition&#12305;
This is the standard packaged version of the game.

&#12304;Crazy Value Pack&#12305;
This edition contains the standard packaged version of the game, a two-disc full original soundtrack, a deluxe download set, as well as a special design box for the game.

&#12304;Premium Crazy Box&#12305;
This edition contains the same things as the Crazy Value Pack, as well as an original P4D edition PS Vita system. *This system comes pre-installed with the P4D Vita theme.

*All editions of the game come with the special Persona 5 Blu-ray disc. (While supplies last.)

Please visit the official page to see more information on each edition. It can make it easier to understand what you are getting with each edition.

Q2: When can we expect to be able to pre-order the Premium Crazy Box online?

A: Please wait just a little bit longer. As of right now, the special edition system is currently being manafactured by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan.
Once the manafacturing is completed, we will update the shop guide with information of how and where to pre-order it for those who want to get it on its release date in stores.

Q3: Will stores have their own pre-order bonuses?

A: At this moment, this is currently in preparation.
We are currently working with each store to make a special pre-order item. As soon as it's completed, everyone will be able to take a look.

Q4: Is a downloadable version of the game planned?

A: Yes. A downloadable version of the game is being planned.

Q5: Is the soundtrack going to be available for purchase at some point?

A: As of right now, that is yet to be decided. Of course, we have plans for it, as we want people who have not decided on the deluxe edition of the game to be able to have the soundtrack.

Q6: Is a demo planned at some point in time?

A: There are currently no plans to release a demo for this game. I believe those who are a fan of these types of games will enjoy this one, so as of right now, there are no plans.

<Regarding the Subject of the Game>

Q7: What type of rhythm game is this?

A: Well, it is a bit difficult to explain in text, but I'll try my best to explain. In this game, rhythm notes flow from the center of the screen and you must match the tempo of the notes by timing your button presses to six different buttons on screen. The touch screen will be used to "scratch" notes, while the four buttons will be used for parts of the tempo.
As time goes on, we will release tutorial videos regarding the gameplay of the game.

Q8: What are the difficulty modes in this game?

A: There are four different difficulty modes in this game: "EASY", "NORMAL", "HARD", and "ALL NIGHT"
While "EASY" is very accessible for those who are new to rhythm games, we are also making an even easier difficulty for those who play the story mode.

Q9: In P4D, how does the story work with a rhythm game?

A: There is a story in this game. This game's events take place shortly after the chronology of P4G. The timing is right around when the hero returns to Inaba.

Q10: Will everyone be getting their own special costumes?

A: Of course.
We want everyone to have their own unique costumes. As time goes on, we will reveal more information.

Q11: Are costumes and songs going to get DLC?

A: Yes. That is currently being planned out. However, as of right now, our hands are full when it comes to working on the normal portion of the game. So, we'll plan accordingly while making sure to keep everyone's reactions in mind.

Q12: Will there be a model viewing mode?

A: That will be offered.

Q13: Can you play through your favorite songs without having to go through the story mode?

A: Yes. There is a "FREE DANCE" mode, which will allow you to play your favorite songs in whichever way you want.

Q14: Will there be rewards for those who complete certain conditions while playing a track?

A: Correct. Now, there are currently plans for that.

Q15: Is Nanako involved in the story in any way? Is she a mascot?

A: Her involvement in the story is a lot bigger, as there is only dancing in this game, and no fighting.

Q16: Is the name of the main character Yu Narukami in this game?

A: Yes.
While it would've been convienient to be able to name the main character, we felt that him being called Yu Narukami made more sense.
Everyone who has played the games has known him as Yu Narukami, and we felt that would fit the main image of his character in P4D.

Q17: Is Kanji's tanktop somewhat of a pun?

A: Yes, it is. First, you have the skull, then the number "13" The pun is that "Skull = Death, which equals 13." 1 + 3 equals four, which is the number of Kanji's Arcana, the Emperor. Therefore, it contains two different implications.

Q18: Is Vita TV support planned?

A: Yes. Support for the Vita TV is planned.

Q19: Will Hanako be able to dance, too?

A: No! She definitely will not be. (*laughs*)

Well, that's all for this time.

Now, development has reached its climax! As time goes on, we will be revealing more information. So, please look forward to more information on P4D soon!

Dantis

Was there any indication of what the story mode for the dingo game will be?

Just one screenshot. It has 3D models as portraits, as well as characters physically stood in 3D environments.

qf0tLSg.jpg

A: There is a story in this game. This game's events take place shortly after the chronology of P4D. The timing is right around when the hero returns to Inaba.

Wait, has the timeline been moved to the same week as Arena and Ultimax...?

Kazzy

The camera work has been outstanding on all Persona live shows, very well directed and edited, it makes the shows even more exciting to watch.
I get the impression that very few Persona fans actually buy these dvds which is a shame.

I'd wager that it's probably like most fan-orientated media in Japan. They don't necessarily do huge numbers, but it's usually only focussed upon a niche audience anyway, and the pricing models reflect that. They rarely (if ever) drop.

They're typically very astute with this kind of stuff.

I'd wager that it's probably like most fan-orientated media in Japan. They don't necessarily do huge numbers, but it's usually only focussed upon a niche audience anyway, and the pricing models reflect that. They rarely (if ever) drop.

They're typically very astute with this kind of stuff.

I wasn't talking about Japan, from what I hear they do well enough there, I'm talking about western fans.

Yes.

What!!!!!!!!???????

Dantis pls don't play with my heart

Can u really not renane mc in p4dancing.

If the mc cannot be renamed then I'll defininetly pass on this game. Sucks!

Sorry didn't c the above message, def gona pass this game now. I don't buy mr wada's reason one bit. Most ppl named p4mc Yu narukami? Please...

God damnit I really wanted this game

Thanks for the translation.

Listening to reactions regarding the DLC sounds good. So if there's enough demand for it P3 tracks could be a possibility.

I'm wondering what playing tracks in "whatever way you want" in Free Mode means. Choosing a Dancer?

I'd rather they sold more live albums so I could listen to it.

The performances are good, I guess dvd region stops alot of people from buying it.

The blu rays are generally region free. I think people just don't want to spend that kind of money on something that can be watched on youtube. I've been buying OSTs more recently, but I can't really justify spending £27 + import costs on a blu ray. I really want to see Super Live though, so I might get that.

I'd rather they sold more live albums so I could listen to it.

The performances are good, I guess dvd region stops alot of people from buying it.

The 2013 show was released in cd format.

The blu-rays are region free and region locked dvds aren't an issue when watching on PC though if you're using a dvd player it will depend on the model.

The 2013 show was released in cd format.

The blu-rays are region free and region locked dvds aren't an issue when watching on PC though if you're using a dvd player it will depend on the model.

Aye, I have that one, but it's the only one, I think.

Oh they are region free? I always just took them to be region 2.

The blu rays are generally region free. I think people just don't want to spend that kind of money on something that can be watched on youtube. I've been buying OSTs more recently, but I can't really justify spending £27 + import costs on a blu ray. I really want to see Super Live though, so I might get that.

Region 2 would be fine for us anyway, I was thinking more for the US folk, but I agree, it's the possible custom charge on a DVD/BD order that has always put me off.

TheChaos0

So I've finally got around to playing Persona Q. Yes, my P3 bros are back. I've missed them so much. :) I..actually liking Rei and Zen as party members. There's some really funny banter in the game, especially between Akihiko and Shinjiro. Gameplay is great, not really that much different from SMT games. (I haven't played Etrian Odyssey games yet) Does the party size stay at 5 members? I see there's another slot but you can't put anyone there.

I'm getting a feeling the game is going to be reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaally long. Drawing maps takes time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom