• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that an eventual Persona 4 and 5 cross over happens so Teddie can finally have a waifu for himself by hitting on Morgana

*ahem*
tumblr_m8vve0CZTd1qhm3qxo2_1280.png

tumblr_m8vve0CZTd1qhm3qxo3_1280.png

kiyoaki

It doesn't. People have gotten their magazines already, and it's been reported that there's nothing like that in there. Just like I took from what the Dengeki preview said, it's all art that was originally seen from the post-reveal magazines.

Same goes for P4D. That was to be expected; I don't think they've ever really had media scoops like that from these magazines.I think the only thing new here in regards to that is the P4U2 promo above. There'll probably be a few bits of new info for P5 and P4D via the P-Studio interviews, and some for P3M#3 via those interviews.
Hrmgh. Ah well. Thanks for the info. Amazon JP just shipped out my copy, so I'll soon see myself if maybe we can at least glean some minor new details from the interviews.

Dantis

Nice one Dantis, as usual. You should do more colored drawing :p

Also, Amazon JP just emailed me that my copy of Persona Magazine has been shipped and estimated delivery is this Friday yessssss!
Colour takes waaaay longer. Simple as that.

Drop

I drew a thing.

I know this is stupidly nit-picky considering the context, but I feel like there's a line somewhere that basically implies that she occasionally wears skirts at home. Maybe a Drama CD or something?

That looks great!

Anyway, those rewriting are making me interested in that novel, while Pk emphasize how ridiculous everything sound, Sophia made it seem not as bad as everyone says.

CorvoSol

Here is my Persona x Detective Fan Fiction:

Kanji: H-hi Naoto

Naoto: OH BOY IT'S SENPAI

*Kanji posts to r/mensrights*.punchline

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
你只知道英文拼音?这个菜鸟.

Had to google what noob in chinese is.

Antiwhippy

Huh, I thought kanji and chinese characters would be pretty close approximations when it comes to the meaning of the characters?

Jintor

Huh, I thought kanji and chinese characters would be pretty close approximations when it comes to the meaning of the characters?

Sometimes, but it's actually off enough that it can really screw you over. Also obviously the particles are completely different.

Also some words I read automatically in Chinese and others automatically in Japanese which is really what's blowing my mind

LiK

Sometimes, but it's actually off enough that it can really screw you over. Also obviously the particles are completely different.

Also some words I read automatically in Chinese and others automatically in Japanese which is really what's blowing my mind

I can't read Chinese but my parents would tell me trying to read Kanji is pure nonsense sometimes if they try to translate them directly to Chinese. altho I find some Japanese terms/words being said out loud sound the same as Cantonese always grabs my attention.

Jintor

Sometimes they embody similar concepts with different uses, but you tend to just end up with word salad if you translate directly.

CorvoSol

ni men she zhong guo ren?

wo kan bu dong.

I should clarify: I'm teaching English. So like, I don't know a lick of Chinese. I've managed to sort of learn numbers and things like "beef." I don't actually know enough words to survive on my own out here yet.

Jintor

Ah, another fellow on the asian teaching money train. Where you at? Maybe I'll pop over and visit sometimes.

oh dantis i'mma try and go to personamusic next year. Get over here. All of ya'll.

Antiwhippy

Huh, how does that work actually? I would assume that you need to at least know some of the native language to communicate the concepts of english?

Antiwhippy

Ah, didn't know that you work with a native speaker also.

To bring it back to persona though, you should just pull a Mr Edogawa and work in some weird ass occult shit.

"Can you tell me if the noun Kaballah uses a definite or indefinite article?"

Huh, how does that work actually? I would assume that you need to at least know some of the native language to communicate the concepts of english?
look up the JET program

I thought about signing up until I started making way more money than it paid. Japan basically takes educated english speakers and has them help teach alongside a japanese-english teacher. I think they work students on a lot of conversation practice.

EDIT: Jintor would clearly know more

CorvoSol

Ah, another fellow on the asian teaching money train. Where you at? Maybe I'll pop over and visit sometimes.

oh dantis i'mma try and go to personamusic next year. Get over here. All of ya'll.

I'm in Beijing till Saturday, then I'm going to Zhenjiang in Jiangsu in China.

You team-teaching with a chinese-english teacher? That's what we do in good old nippon

I'm supplemental. So like, they have a regular English teacher who speaks Chinese, but I'll teach classes most or part of the day in conversational English. So like, helping them with their actual use.

What does that even mean??

The joke is that Naoto is oblivious to the fact that Kanji likes her, setting up that whole "why does she like uberdouchebro Senpai but not a nice, sensitive guy like me!?" thing. Also because Kanji specifically isn't that kind of guy.

Sophia

Yosuke or bust.

Hey guys I start teaching Chinese high school next week. Should I go Kashiwagi or Morooka for my class?

I think I could pull off the overbite pinstripes but I don't have that ample a bosom.

If you aren't dressed like Morooka with the haircut, the outfit, and the shit-list, then you aren't fit to be their teacher! :p

Logash

Do you guys know where I can get high quality Persona figures. I'm talking about the ones that are $80-$150. I bought a $120 No Game No Life statue for my gf and fell in love with it. Now I need some P3 and P4 figures of the same quality or imma loose my mind.

FluxWaveZ

Do you guys know where I can get high quality Persona figures. I'm talking about the ones that are $80-$150. I bought a $120 No Game No Life statue for my gf and fell in love with it. Now I need some P3 and P4 figures of the same quality or imma loose my mind.

So not the prize figures that Samurai_Heart posted? I made a post about upcoming Persona figures on Persona Central, with about three new ones that have announced prices that I guess would be in the "expensive" range and with some Japanese store links. AmiAmi is a site for importing them, too (link to the newly unveiled Yukari one), and most of the usual Japanese import sites...

samurai with dat cross-post.

I'm fucking stoked to actually get a marie figure, didn't think it would ever happen. Will need to keep on my cabinet while im playing arena.
Check out myfigurecollection.net and search for the game or character you want and you can browse whats available or coming soon, then use amiami or mandarake for preowneds, or amiami to preorder ones that are coming up.
Some awesome ones:
Arena Mitsuru: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/118357
Yukiko: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/4710 (there is also a MUCH cheaper one done by megahouse thats still nice)
Rise: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/9875

arue

Persona Nendoroids or bust.

To be fair, I got a P3MC and Thanatos scales just because they're not available in nendo forms. >_>

FluxWaveZ

Is it the same publisher? If so, odds are higher for that.

While Persona Q -Roundabout- debuted in Dengeki Maoh, I believe the current Persona Q manga series—the ones with the simulpub—are a Monthly Shōnen Sirius and Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine thing. The Persona 4 Arena Ultimax manga, however, will be Dengeki Maoh.

I don't know if Atlus USA is involved in these at all, aside from promoting it on their site/Twitter, but I'd really want the P4AU one to get the same treatment. The P4A manga was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom