• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

it's more like what the game says to you, really. Rise has a rather interesting emotional moment that kind of delves into her appearance of flightiness etc.

LiK

oh man, didn't expect the true ending route to be so long. i'll finish the final final dungeon tomorrow. Man, this game is truly special.

PK Gaming

Wait, does she actually say that?

She calls you to a classroom and opens with:
"For a moment, ... I was thinking you wouldn't even come"

Fuck, she's not messing around

"Here, this is yours. It's special, just for you."

Fuck

Well, now where are you going? Who are you going to see? It's a girl, isn't it?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

"I'm your girlfriend, and I can't even go on a date with you on Valentine's day..."

"I guess if whatever it is is a big deal, I can't complain... But i'm not just going to take it lying down."

GODDAMNIT [insert player name here], YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Something like that. Naoto's is also incredible. You completely annihilate her resolve as a detetive, haha.

3DG3AHE.jpg

I suppose there has already been a ton of speculation about this screenshot, but every time I see it I wonder what exactly is going on here. Is it just a follow up attack? What are the triggers for it? The battle system of P5 has me more excited than combat in any other game coming out this year (so far anyway). I can't wait to see what changes they've made.

Drop

What do you get for romancing all the girls other than feeling terrible on valentine's day?
I don't know of any reward, yet I see everyone going for it.
I don't get it, I loved how I could go the romance route with Rise in p4 while keeping only a friendship relationship with all the other girls.
I also didn't go further than rank 6 with any girl other than Yukari on my first p3 run, and on my second run, the day you can talk with everyone you maxed the social link with made me feel kind of uncomfortable.

Rubedo

What do you get for romancing all the girls other than feeling terrible on valentine's day?
I don't get it, I loved how I could go the romance route with Rise in p4 while keeping only a friendship relationship with all the other girls.
I also didn't go further than rank 6 with any girl other than Yukari on my first p3 run, and on my second run, the day you can talk with everyone you maxed the social link with made me feel kind of uncomfortable.

There's no reward other than personal satisfaction for the people that want to date more than one person.

LiK

If you do go intimate with them, they all have a different cutscene near the end in your room.

but the TRUE reward is the awesome scene with the guys and Nanako after school during V-day. I was cracking up so hard. That was totally worth it. I guess you can watch the scenes in the 100% LPs in Youtube.

If you do go intimate with them, they all have a different cutscene near the end in your room.

but the TRUE reward is the awesome scene with the guys and Nanako after school during V-day. I was cracking up so hard. That was totally worth it. I guess you can watch the scenes in the 100% LPs in Youtube.

Nanako's scene
is no different if you date one girl or all of them. It's not the girls getting their revenge on your multi-timing ass, fate just needs to nail Yu in the junk one last time.

PK Gaming

Chie was the worst, imo. The VO just broke my heart, wanted to hug her so bad. Lol

Yeah, Erin Fitzgerald nailed it. Erin's delivery seriously tugged at my heartstrings

You unlock John Mayer, the Super Ultra Omega Douchebag Persona.

FluxWaveZ

I suppose there has already been a ton of speculation about this screenshot, but every time I see it I wonder what exactly is going on here. Is it just a follow up attack? What are the triggers for it? The battle system of P5 has me more excited than combat in any other game coming out this year (so far anyway). I can't wait to see what changes they've made.

I think, along with the AoA's return, there might be another kinds of group attack involving everyone using their firearms at once. It was also in PV01, right before the actual AoA. They could be two sequences of a same attack, but I think they're separate mechanics. I too am really interested in finding out more about it. Heck, I can't wait to see what the battle UI looks like.

....Did anyone ever put a full translation of this out? I know there's TL;DR versions of this lying around, but...

Not a word-for-word translation, but that's not really necessary since the vast majority of the info from that interview was conveyed through last week's translations.

I kinda wish Meguro was part of that Persona 5, P-Studio interview in Persona Magazine. I want more anecdotes like this:
When we proposed this idea to the games director Katsura Hashino he instantly responded “I would expect nothing less than a great idea from you!” and shook our hands in agreement.
Hopefully Hashino and Soejima had some cool things to share in it.

I think, along with the AoA's return, there might be another kinds of group attack involving everyone using their firearms at once. It was also in PV01, right before the actual AoA. They could be two sequences of a same attack, but I think they're separate mechanics. I too am really interested in finding out more about it. Heck, I can't wait to see what the battle UI looks like.

I certainly hope it's a separate mechanic, it'd be really cool to have two "types" of all-out attacks to go with the two types of weapons per character. Might make all-out attacks less of a go to solution, like an enemy might counter a regular AoA, so you have to pelt it from afar with your guns.

Hopefully Hashino and Soejima had some cool things to share in it.

Well, Pepsiman said on twitter that Hashino and Soejima had an interesting interview in the Catherine art book, so I have high hopes.

Speaking of Catherine, since I (finally) beat it last week, I was wondering how many other people here have beaten it. Because you totally should. Once I finally wrapped my head around the puzzles it was a ton of fun to push blocks around.

Moonlight

Banned
I never saw any of those V. Day scenes, because I wasn't a jerk. So haw!

ok but I did watch them on YT. Naoto and Rise's aughghghghg

Not too long. Leveling is done on a logarithmic scale, so the lower you are the more EXP you get. Simply bring the P3MC (alone, ie. just the 2 of you) to one of the golden boss battles, and beat it for a ton of EXP
That's good to know, thanks. Now I need to figure out what to do with that spare slot.

LiK

I certainly hope it's a separate mechanic, it'd be really cool to have two "types" of all-out attacks to go with the two types of weapons per character. Might make all-out attacks less of a go to solution, like an enemy might counter a regular AoA, so you have to pelt it from afar with your guns.

Well, Pepsiman said on twitter that Hashino and Soejima had an interesting interview in the Catherine art book, so I have high hopes.

Speaking of Catherine, since I (finally) beat it last week, I was wondering how many other people here have beaten it. Because you totally should. Once I finally wrapped my head around the puzzles it was a ton of fun to push blocks around.

i beatit a few times for the different endings but I suck at the game. I played on Easy and still struggled. lol

bonercop

i think it's the new "player advantage" mechanic. if you check the trailer, right before that scene with the guns happen, the p5MC swoops in and pulls out a pistol. if you check real closely, the UI goes from having the character icons on the right hand side of the screen like this:

QtsQIU6.jpg

to this:
3DG3AHE.jpg

it happens really fast, but you can see the transition happen.

CorvoSol

Kinda just looks like a critical hit to me. The angles get all dynamic like that when Yukari crits with her bow, for instance.

LX_Theo

Banned
i think it's the new "player advantage" mechanic. if you check the trailer, right before that scene with the guns happen, the p5MC swoops in and pulls out a pistol. if you check real closely, the UI goes from having the character icons on the right hand side of the screen like this:

QtsQIU6.jpg

to this:
3DG3AHE.jpg

it happens really fast, but you can see the transition happen.
I'm doubtful they're part of the same scene. You can see the date in the first one. That is certainly not part of the battle UI

bonercop

I'm doubtful they're part of the same scene. You can see the date in the first one. That is certainly not part of the battle UI
the screens are there to illustrate my point. you can see the icons transition from the way they look in that first screenshot to the way the icons look in the second around 2 minutes into the trailer.

LiK

man, now that i'm almost done with P4G, i'm pretty pumped for P5. so glad I didn't need to wait as long as you guys, lol

Lusankya

the screens are there to illustrate my point. you can see the icons transition from the way they look in that first screenshot to the way the icons look in the second around 2 minutes into the trailer.

I think the icons just change according to the situation. On the top image they're sneaking around in the dungeon (the faces blend in with the shadows) and on the bottom image they're in a battle (the faces are now exposed).

i think it's the new "player advantage" mechanic. if you check the trailer, right before that scene with the guns happen, the p5MC swoops in and pulls out a pistol.

That's an interesting idea. I never put the MC jumping down and all the characters shooting together in my head. I just assumed the shooting scene happened later in the battle.

Kinda just looks like a critical hit to me. The angles get all dynamic like that when Yukari crits with her bow, for instance.

I agree with you on the angles, but everyone shooting makes me think it's not just a run of the mill critical. I'm probably way off base with that AoA suggestion, but I think it's something other than a crit.

bonercop

I think the icons just change according to the situation. On the top image they're sneaking around in the dungeon (the faces blend in with the shadows) and on the bottom image they're in a battle (the faces are now exposed).

that's my point. since you can see this transition happen in the trailer when they do the shooty thing it logically follows that the shooty thing has something do with how you engage with the enemies in-dungeon like hitting them in the back in P3/4.

That's an interesting idea. I never put the MC jumping down and all the characters shooting together in my head. I just assumed the shooting scene happened later in the battle.

You can also see the MCs knife transforming into the gun and him pointing it at the enemy, so I don't think that's the case.

FluxWaveZ

Several people who ordered the latest Persona Magazine issue are probably in the process of receiving their copies soon.
Now to translate all of the details... oh wait. I guess I'll just look at the pretty pictures.

arue

Several people who ordered the latest Persona Magazine issue are probably in the process of receiving their copies soon.

Now to translate all of the details... oh wait. I guess I'll just look at the pretty pictures.

My copy is in my city now, so it should arrive by the time I get home today.

Just like you, I'll be looking at the pretty pictures before doing anything else.

FluxWaveZ

A few things:

- The edit here was correct:
The Persona Magazine preview image they put up for the P-Studio interview has the label "P-Studio Interview 1." Maybe that means it'll be a series.

Edit: Actually, it could just be referring to the Hashino and Soejima interview being the first one in the magazine, and "P-Studio Interview 2" would be the Kazuhisa Wada one for P4D.
"P-Studio Interview 2" is the Kazuhisa Wada one pertaining to P4D. It's relatively longer than the P5 one. Surprisingly, there is a "P-Studio Interview 3", again about P4D with Atlus composer Ryota Koduka.

- New promo art for P3M#3 featuring Ryoji.

- The P4 saga timeline they've created seems to place P4D before summer 2012. I thought that P4D was supposed to take place during summer, but that might not be the case.

- There's a preview of the upcoming P4GA art book.

kiyoaki

Looks... shiny. It'll take at least a week for mine to arrive :(

PK Gaming

A few things:

- The edit here was correct:

"P-Studio Interview 2" is the Kazuhisa Wada one pertaining to P4D. It's relatively longer than the P5 one. Surprisingly, there is a "P-Studio Interview 3", again about P4D with Atlus composer Ryota Koduka.

- New promo art for P3M#3 featuring Ryoji.

- The P4 saga timeline they've created seems to place P4D before summer 2012. I thought that P4D was supposed to take place during summer, but that might not be the case.

- There's a preview of the upcoming P4GA art book.

Oh snap, crackle and pop. That definitely changes things. No idea why they initially set P4D to begin in the Epilogue in the first place.

This is way better.

LiK

ohhh, where can I order this?

Meia

Oh snap, crackle and pop. That definitely changes things. No idea why they initially set P4D to begin in the Epilogue in the first place.

This is way better.

That makes the timeline even more convoluted, right? It means that this takes place after the arena games, but before the epilogue? So EVERYTHING takes place within like a year and a half. That's "Die Hard" levels of ridiculousness at that point. :p

Rubedo

That makes the timeline even more convoluted, right? It means that this takes place after the arena games, but before the epilogue? So EVERYTHING takes place within like a year and a half. That's "Die Hard" levels of ridiculousness at that point. :p

The Golden Epilogue isn't as special if all this stuff keeps happening before then. They act like they haven't seen Yu in a while and it gives them time to go through the changes that they do.

If they keep seeing him like every month then it loses a lot of its importance.

LiK

there's a timeline for all the P3/P4 crossover games?

don't be too specific, I still need to finish P4G and play P3, lol

bonercop

The Golden Epilogue isn't as special if all this stuff keeps happening before then. They act like they haven't seen Yu in a while and it gives them time to go through the changes that they do.

If they keep seeing him like every month then it loses a lot of its importance.

it would have been nice to see what lead them to change like that rather than having the characters remain 100% static throughout all spin-offs, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom