• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Just watched the trailer, holy shit that design is atrocious. Why the hell is she wearing like short, puffy bloomers? And those eyes are probably the freakiest the series has produced, and that's saying something.

I'm thinking I'm going to need an alt costume if you're forced to play as her at any time. @_@

I'm sure you're thrilled to see that her only confirmed alt is a swimsuit, then!

Rhapsody

Banned
I have a spare memory card, and I have a JP account, and I'll have a second Vita. Will I want to swap between them? Probably not. I imagine it would be frustrating to lose my progress.

Ah, I see. I used to keep swapping them way back and got fed up with it. Way too time consuming and it got on my nerves having everything rearranged again. I would love for it to be like the PSP where you can just swap whenever. I guess there's the option of a Vita TV if I ever feel like I want to go that route.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair if you're basing your design on a Japanese idol and your design isn't creepy and annoying, you're probably doing it wrong.

CorvoSol

New trailer reminded me that the true villain of Persona 4 is Inoue. Fucking creep all "Oh I know that this totally destructive celebrity lifestyle is ruining Rise's life, but she's strong and she can use the pain I am inflicting on her to do even better at this celebrity thing that, again, has been destroying her."

"HELLO YOUNG HUMAN MALE. My sources indicate you are close to SUBJECT_:RISE/KUJIKAWA.exe! Please use your influence to force her to coming back to work! I WILL KEEP COMING TO HER HOUSE UNTIL SHE DOES."

And those eyes are probably the freakiest the series has produced, and that's saying something.

They dropped the star pupils in her original art.

o8TxGZe.jpg

x1CY9aT.jpg

I guess her design was meant to be out-there and they wanted to tone it down a bit.

Dantis

Pepsiman has finished his translations. Just reading through them now, and they're really interesting.

P4D interview things:

Wada really didn't like Kanamin at first.

They're being careful not to make the game too hard.

Dances are motion captured, I guess? Makes sense.

Yosuke dances like an idol, Yukiko does ballet, Naoto does house and Kanji does locking. I have a feeling that they'll all come down to idol dancing when we see it, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Also this is unexpected:

As for other characters, Naoto’s dances come from house music, placing a big emphasis on deliberate step routines and all wrapped up in a certain layer of sex appeal.

FluxWaveZ

They dropped the star pupils in her original art.

I guess her design was meant to be out-there and they wanted to tone it down a bit.

Kanami never had a star in her eye outside of that character art, going back to the first P4D reveal trailer on November 24, 2013, back when Dingo was still involved.

Pepsiman has finished his translations. Just reading through them now, and they're really interesting.

P4D interview things:

They're being careful not to make the game too hard.

Dances are motion captured, I guess? Makes sense.

Yosuke dances like an idol, Yukiko does ballet, Naoto does house and Kanji does locking. I have a feeling that they'll all come down to idol dancing when we see it, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Also this is unexpected:

Motion Captured Dances makes me think that we won't be able to swap out dancers, and since it looks like Never More DLC just plays Golden's credits video rather than having a Dance, I'm not going to expect any DLC characters or for the DLC songs to have dances.

I hope they didn't go too far with not making it too hard.

Lusankya

Pepsiman has finished his translations.
[...]

[...]

Speaking of the game’s storyline, what’s Kanami’s place in it as a new character?

Wada: [...] She’s got a lot of interesting quirks going for her, both inside and out, that make her a really charming character in her own right. Truth be told, at first, I wasn’t particularly keen on her, but as time’s gone on while making the game, I’ve come around on her and now she’s one of my personal favorites.

You all are going to love her!

I hope they didn't go too far with not making it too hard.

Wada: [...]Nevertheless, we haven’t forgotten about advanced players either who are existing genre fans and for them, we plan to include not only a wide swath of difficulty levels to let them engage the game at their skill level, but also additional gameplay elements for them to strive for so they can get the most out of the game.

Should be fine for anyone.

FluxWaveZ

I like what Hashino has to say about the P5MC:
We wanted people to look at that imagery and get the impression he runs with an intriguing crowd, one with enough gall to potentially pull off some daringly intriguing stuff. He’s a trickster at heart; he and his crew stir things up and along they way, maybe they bring a little change to the world around them, too. It’s not the most stable of lives a person can have, but it’s also a life of limitless possibility. The world really is his oyster. If people get that impression from looking at him, then we can rest easy knowing we’ve done our job.
He's definitely a much more intriguing protagonist to me from the outset compared to the P4MC.

Dengeki has some higher res versions of individual DLC costumes.

In the video, Kanami starts out by sharing her hopes for nice weather for the upcoming event, but she also seems to be concerned about how her costume is a little tight on her around the chest, and wonders if she has gained some weight. Kanami is described as an optimist, and someone that typically tries her best.

She talks about how there’s someone whom she admires, and it’s because of that person that she decided to become an idol. Kanami then says that she was always a strange one since she was little, so she didn’t have too many friends, and it made her really happy to be called a friend. She ends the video by asking the viewers what they think.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/0...trailer-shows-idol-kanami/#CwBW2mM89bj8sHgZ.9

Power of Bonds returns.

P5 Protagonist is going to be great, he sounds like such a massive departure from anything the franchise has done before.

For those of you who warned me that rhythm games usually have very short story modes, well I'm glad that the director himself said this:

The story mode itself has a lot of content going for it and since it takes place after the events of Persona 4 proper and Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax, we want to ensure people don’t miss out on that narrative content one way or another.

I know its still normal for it to be short, but this gives me some comfort it won't be too short!

Looks like there's also retailer exclusive costume DLC from HMV.

オリジナル特典:ローソンオリジナルコスチュームダウンロードコード(主人公・堂島菜々子・真下 かなみセット)

No pics, It's for Yu and Nanako and has something to do with Kanami, not sure exactly what it is though.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/news/article/1502050052/?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=raa000000c0

FluxWaveZ

It's like they already made parody dialogue for me.

I don't dislike Kanami yet, though. She seems alright. It's interesting that Wada didn't really like her at first, but has come to appreciate her over time.

Edit: Speaking of which, here is Pepsiman's subbed trailer.

At this point I really hope that her whole thing is:

"I hate this industry, dressing me up like Ronald Mcdonald's bottom bitch. Thats why I created the midnight website (or whatever) and threw the rest of the kitchen in. That way I could just live off the fact that the group died."

This story is going to be so dumb, I'm super excited XD

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
'The Bonding Festival'

GOOD LORD

Here is the only Japanese I will ever teach you all so you can protect yourselves:

絆 (きずな、kizuna) = "Bond."

There are other words that can translate to this as well, but it's the one Persona 4 likes best.

Now you don't even need me to be around to know when they're talking about bonding.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Sometimes I like to wonder if this is what Persona 4 would look like if it uses a similar engine as Persona 5.

EDIT: I don't know what engine P4 DAN uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom