• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

All of the games (P3, P4, P3P, P4G) have had the same "hold triangle down to speed up dialogue boxes" option. It's just that P4G took a step further by making it a super-fast toggle. P3P's one was pretty fast too, even if it wasn't a toggle.

LiK

Skipping scenes was useful altho it would've been better to just allow skipping to the end of a scene rather than fast-forwarding. it still took some time especially during the longer scenes.

Sophia

Skipping scenes was useful altho it would've been better to just allow skipping to the end of a scene rather than fast-forwarding. it still took some time especially during the longer scenes.

They require the player to pick dialogue choices and they don't want the choices to be out of context. Hence why you can't skip them outright.

LiK

They require the player to pick dialogue choices and they don't want the choices to be out of context. Hence why you can't skip them outright.

easy, just allow jumping to the parts with the choices. having to fast-forward through all the animations was a bit of a pain.

easy, just allow jumping to the parts with the choices. having to fast-forward through all the animations was a bit of a pain.

Like Sophia said. Don't want to make choices without context.

EDIT: You DO have a point. Maybe if that feature was unlocked on NG+, then it would work without tempting new players to skip through most of the dialog on their first go.

FluxWaveZ

I posted two of the new promo pics for it on Persona Central, too.

I had to use that video link for it because, as it turns out, Aniplex decided to finally lock out anyone outside of Japan from seeing these trailers. The new PV is no longer hosted on the site, for one, and their Youtube channel is region locked, and I couldn't find a simple way to use a proxy to bypass it. Good thing there was a quick reupload.

Edit: A few screen grabs from the trailer:
W8qb9rT.jpg
O6DzsvT.jpg

FHH6kuJ.jpg
nZ0DC1Z.jpg

Edit 2: Here's another, non-Youtube link for PV02.

LiK

I posted two of the new promo pics for it on Persona Central, too.

I had to use that video link for it because, as it turns out, Aniplex decided to finally lock out anyone outside of Japan from seeing these trailers. The new PV is no longer hosted on the site, for one, and their Youtube channel is region locked, and I couldn't find a simple way to use a proxy to bypass it. Good thing there was a quick reupload.

once I finish P3, I will be digging deep into your site.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really wish these Persona 3 movies would get a theater showing in LA like some of the other Aniplex stuff.

Missed opportunity :(

Sophia

I do wonder what's going on with that screenshot of Aigis. At first I thought it was the Kyoto event, but she's wearing her uniform in water and those look like... monkeys? >_>;

The animation quality has noticeably improved from the first movie. That shot of Makoto in the city is beautiful.

I'm really loving the emphasis on Aigis, and they are really showing off quite a few events going on, including Makoto's character development.

If there were subbed versions of the movies in theaters over here, I'd drop EVERYTHING to go watch them

arue

I do wonder what's going on with that screenshot of Aigis. At first I thought it was the Kyoto event, but she's wearing her uniform in water and those look like... monkeys? >_>;

The animation quality has noticeably improved from the first movie. That shot of Makoto in the city is beautiful.
That's so weird. Why would Aigis wear the school uniform in the hot spring? To prevent others from knowing that she's a robot?

I got a feeling that the hot spring event might be different, but I hope that's not the case.

Sophia

I've yet to actually see the first P3 movie. I always thought it'll just end up like the P4 adaptation and skipped it.

Far from it. Both movies (we saw a digest version of the second one on the live stream) are fantastic. They improve upon the source material in almost every way, and the only criticism that could be leveled at them is the lack of Social Links. But those wouldn't have worked in a movie format anyhow.

Rhapsody

Banned
I want to say Aigis being in a hot spring with monkeys is just her interpretation of what she'll think the trip will be like.

But who knows, looking forward to it.

I can't think of any reason for the uniform, but I bet those monkeys are Japanese macaques, and they've been known to use hot springs all the time. I'm kinda surprised though, because I didn't know they live in Kyoto. Apparently, they do, haha.

The fights look a lot better too. Can't wait to see this.

That's so weird. Why would Aigis wear the school uniform in the hot spring? To prevent others from knowing that she's a robot?

I got a feeling that the hot spring event might be different, but I hope that's not the case.

I'm sure there'll be some changes to the hot spring event, but considering how concerned Makoto looks when he's in the hot spring in the trailer, I'm hoping the key bits are the same. The first movie was a lot funnier than I thought it'd be, so it'd be nice if they kept a few funny scenes in the later ones.

There's Melchizedek in the trailer... does this mean
Makoto x Chihiro is now canon?
I don't even want to think about that.

Nope.
In the movies, Makoto gets new arcanas by beating the respective full moon bosses. No references to social links affecting personas at all.

Drop

Nope.
In the movies, Makoto gets new arcanas by beating the respective full moon bosses. No references to social links affecting personas at all.

I forgot about that, I was joking anyway, if social links were in the movie he would probably just max them regardless of how the game works.

FluxWaveZ

Better than a rushed job, to be honest. Waiting for something awesome is better than watching a mess of bad writing and *TL Note:

It's not like the reason we have to wait so long is for quality subs, though. That's just how it is with the home releases; the Aniplex USA import edition of P3M#2 releases on the same day as the Japanese release, after all.

Really enjoying P3P so far :)

I think I might like the music even more than P4G! and I LOVED the music in P4G!!

Just recently got past the first block!

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like the reason we have to wait so long is for quality subs, though. That's just how it is with the home releases; the Aniplex USA import edition of P3M#2 releases on the same day as the Japanese release, after all.

I assume subs don't need THAT much time, but I don't know enough about that industry to actually know the process

Sorry, I've been misreading the reason behind the delays. My bad!

To be honest, I kind of keep myself out of the loop to avoid even knowing the delays I'm subjected to. Would be hell for me otherwise. Though it got harder to do so since I joined GAF and didn't have to intentionally seek out such information anymore.

It might still be a bit too early to say, but I'm seriously ADDICTED to "A Way of Life". Especially the first few bars of it.

I've already looped it on YouTube. It's so good. ;_____;

Everytime I begin to stop thinking about way of life I'm reminded of how great it is and it ends up stuck in my head again.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
So Naoto explained that puzzle I was stuck on.

I thought the rooms were the letters being mentioned. I have no idea what a Cartesian plane is.

Fuck you puzzle.

Sophia

So Naoto explained that puzzle I was stuck on.

I thought the rooms were the letters being mentioned. I have no idea what a Cartesian plane is.

Fuck you puzzle.

Wasn't that the puzzle that was completely different in the Japanese version? Actually, I wonder how different all the puzzles are in the third dungeon.

I wonder if the Japanese players felt the same way about the dungeon puzzles as we do. Or what they felt about the level penalty mechanic for sub-personas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom