• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I've been going over the Persona 3 art book again (still as fascinating as ever), and I came across this bit that I don't quite understand (Persona 3 spoilers):
The fact that Medea was known as a magic user is tied into the mysterious power Chidori displays at the end of the game.

What is this referring to? If "at the end of the game" means
the last time she has an active role in the story, would this refer to her spiritually melding with Junpei?
It somehow doesn't seem like that's what it's referring to, so I might be forgetting something. Still need to replay P3 one of these days; it's been so long.

Looking at the art books again, Persona 5's is going to be amazing, of course. Reminds me of how much P4AU's was a bummer, though. PQ's seems to at least have a fair amount of text, so I'd at least like to see that one localized.

Sophia

I've been going over the Persona 3 art book again (still as fascinating as ever), and I came across this bit that I don't quite understand (Persona 3 spoilers):
The fact that Medea was known as a magic user is tied into the mysterious power Chidori displays at the end of the game.

What is this referring to? If "at the end of the game" means
the last time she has an active role in the story, would this refer to her spiritually melding with Junpei?
It somehow doesn't seem like that's what it's referring to, so I might be forgetting something. Still need to replay P3 one of these days; it's been so long.

Looking at the art books again, Persona 5's is going to be amazing, of course. Reminds me of how much P4AU's was a bummer, though. PQ's seems to at least have a fair amount of text, so I'd at least like to see that one localized.

Taken straight from Wikipedia
from the article on Medea: "in some versions, Medea is said to have dismembered his body and scattered his parts on an island, knowing her father would stop to retrieve them for proper burial; in other versions, it is Absyrtus himself who pursued them, and was killed by Jason. During the fight, Atalanta, a member of the group helping Jason in his quest for the fleece, was seriously wounded, but Medea healed her. According to some versions, Medea and Jason stopped on her aunt Circe's island so that she could be cleansed after the murder of her brother, relieving her of blame for the deed."

So yes, that's what it's referring to.

It could be referring to (P3 spoilers)
the way that she ressurects with absolutely no explanation other than "magic" during the last playable week (possibly the "end of the game" referred to) if you do Junpei's sidequest correctly.

FluxWaveZ

So yes, that's what it's referring to.

Ah, I had to go back and watch the actual scene and how that unfolded.
The only thing I had remembered about her healing were flowers in an earlier scene, but I forgot that Junpei had gotten shot.

So yeah, that's what it's talking about. Didn't really remember it as being at the "end of the game", though. It's near enough, I suppose.

It could be referring to (P3 spoilers)
the way that she ressurects with absolutely no explanation other than "magic" during the last playable week (possibly the "end of the game" referred to) if you do Junpei's sidequest correctly.

This art book would be talking about things that happen in the story canonically, and it hasn't been made clear whether that actually happens or not, just yet.

Sophia

The only thing I had remembered about her healing were flowers in an earlier scene, but I forgot that Junpei had gotten shot.

So yeah, that's what it's talking about. Didn't really remember it as being at the "end of the game", though. It's near enough, I suppose.

It's at the start of the last story arc for Persona 3, more or less.

But yeah, it's basically a reference to the fact that Medea is often represented as a priestess, a healer. Goes hand in hand with what Fuuka says: Chidori's Persona doesn't scan life, it emits life.

FluxWaveZ

I posted a higher res. version of it on my site:
Persona-3-The-Movie-3-Key-Art-2.jpg

Nap1400

Wasn't that the puzzle that was completely different in the Japanese version?

Yeah, I think that was the puzzle Nich was talking about on SlinkFM.
Apparently it was a puzzle that used how Japanese letters/characters work as its core concept, and compared to that a coordinate graph is probably a godsend.

I am curious as to what the original puzzle looked like, if JapanGAF can drop some knowledge.

Chidori also (involuntarily) uses her
powers to heal after cutting herself.

Wasn't that the puzzle that was completely different in the Japanese version? Actually, I wonder how different all the puzzles are in the third dungeon.

I wonder if the Japanese players felt the same way about the dungeon puzzles as we do. Or what they felt about the level penalty mechanic for sub-personas...

I didn't play PQ, but the level penalty thing seems a bit weird. I don't think anything like that was in previous games?

I guess it's to keep players fusing, but it does seem odd that as you level up your damage output may actually decrease. I remember reading somewhere that someone had a harder time against the final boss doing all of the sidequests (and thus gaining EXP and leveling up more) compared to skipping some.

No idea about the puzzles though. I just watched a playthrough and felt like I wouldn't be able to solve any had I actually bought the game and played it blind.

cj_iwakura

It's at the start of the last story arc for Persona 3, more or less.

But yeah, it's basically a reference to the fact that Medea is often represented as a priestess, a healer. Goes hand in hand with what Fuuka says: Chidori's Persona doesn't scan life, it emits life.

Well, not in Fate/Stay Night. :p

Sophia

Well, not in Fate/Stay Night. :p

"Medea is known in most stories as an enchantress and is often depicted as being a priestess of the goddess Hecate or a witch."

I did say one representation, after all. :D

Both interpetations of Medea actually fit Chidori to some degree tho.

PK Gaming

Her sass stat is at least 99, and her Persona is rocking that scarf. Top marks for this one.

You know, your drawings have made me realize that some of these characters would be pretty funny as party members. It's fun to think about how in some alternate universe, several of these characters replace the current Investigation Team members.

And investigation team comprising of the Protagonist, King Moron, Kashiwagi, Hisano, Eri, Ayane, Ai, and Shu.

Wouldn't that be fun

All my money

Just take it

I neeeeeeeed this game!

I wonder what other costume dlc they could do? Maybe the IT all get kanamin kitchen outfits?

No playable Human Teddie? That's probably why

Huh, I wonder. They might even do a Human Teddie DLC set, you never know.

In regards to the trailer, Kanami's dancing seems the least interesting to me to far, but her dancing with Narukami was pretty cool. Love what I've seen of the game so far though.

I wonder why they went with costume teddie rather than human teddie (i know, recognisability and all that), it seems like his movements are very restricted as a result of his costume.

Gonna have them santa outfits, prolly the Halloween outfits too. Shit, wouldn't be surprised if they did maids too.

Narukami has the butler outfit in his trailer, so maids has a high possibility id say.
Oh god, please let there be maid outfits

Rhapsody

Banned
I wonder why they went with costume teddie rather than human teddie (i know, recognisability and all that), it seems like his movements are very restricted as a result of his costume.
Besides being the recognizable mascot, him being costume Teddie actually gives more variety than just having another human character.

Dantis

So what you're telling me is that I'll own the DLC, but won't be able TO FUCKING USE IT.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Acid08

Banned

Narukami has the butler outfit in his trailer, so maids has a high possibility id say.
Oh god, please let there be maid outfits

Yukata pack coming for your wallet

Meia

....this game is going to be soooooooooooooo expensive, but sooooooo worth it.

Didn't even think of the Gekko outfits. Do I dare utter the phrase "Season pass" when it comes to something like this? :p

Looking at the last pic, is the "Nevermore" just going to be played over the P4G credits? I'd be more than ok with that. :D

Pszb2kV.png

There's just something about this charecter that I instantly dislike

She doesn't seem to line up with any of the Kanamin Kitchen silhouettes.

Dantis

I just realised that the epilogue outfits all use pastel colours to contrast from standard P4.

Really smart and cool.

Pszb2kV.png

There's just something about this charecter that I instantly dislike

She doesn't seem to line up with any of the Kanamin Kitchen silhouettes.

I think she's just a TV presenter or something. Who has stolen Rise's Ultimax face.

Meia

Just watched the trailer, holy shit that design is atrocious. Why the hell is she wearing like short, puffy bloomers? And those eyes are probably the freakiest the series has produced, and that's saying something.

I'm thinking I'm going to need an alt costume if you're forced to play as her at any time. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom