• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

I can see Sho as a replacement of some sort for Yu in future Arena games, tbh.

Err...why? I don't think they'll drop the current cast in the future Arena games.

If Yu does make a cameo in future mainline persona games, I hope he's a marine biologist.

820mwsf8.gif

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Well, I think it would be a missed chance if they didn't do it, especially due to his nature and due to his perception of what human interaction is. I believe that Sho is ultimately a pretty interesting character that got hit badly by the quality of the writing in Ultimax.

I think that about Marie but people hate her...

CorvoSol

I can let that first one slide because the game at least calls him out as actually being really lame.

It was still awful, though. Like, they could've gone about it in a better way. I also think his character was sort of too busy. Like, split personalities, plus embedded plume of dusk, plus connection to both casts, plus friends with big bad, plus bonus card at end of game.

I dunno, I just don't think they handled Sho well at all.

Setsu00

Err...why? I don't think they'll drop the current cast in the future Arena games.

Sho can only connect with other people through fighting them. At least, that's what Ultimax makes me believe.
That seems to me like a good foundation for the main character of a fighting game, especially if they want to make the Arena series independent from P4.

CorvoSol

We all know the next time we see Yu he'll be a Shadow Operative.

Someone will ask how he can do it when he can't use his persona in the real world

He'll get in real close and whisper

"fuck canon, baby, i'm popular"

It was still awful, though. Like, they could've gone about it in a better way. I also think his character was sort of too busy. Like, split personalities, plus embedded plume of dusk, plus connection to both casts, plus friends with big bad, plus bonus card at end of game.

I dunno, I just don't think they handled Sho well at all.

I agree that they didn't handle him well and some stuff about his background felt a bit forced but I don't think he was nearly as bad as people say. Maybe they can do right by the character in the future but if he's confined to the arena games then I don't think that will happen.

CorvoSol

I agree that they didn't handle him well and some stuff about his background felt a bit forced but I don't think he was nearly as bad as people say. Maybe they can do right by the character in the future but if he's confined to the arena games then I don't think that will happen.

I mean, I liked Minazuki, and I think they had some okay ideas for Sho, but he still feels like an over-edgy, over-complicated character. I mean, Labrys comes across as hamfisted but Sho feels like he was designed by a focus group.

DNAbro

What did she do in Q? Was it the same as Golden, where she manages skill cards?

Not even that, she manages street pass stuff. (Even though she really doesn't since it's just menu)

She had her moments in the story that were funny and fit better due to her not being an additional thought for Q.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Nevermore is a DLC song? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooooooooou.

I don't particularly care about them churning out costumes as DLC, but songs is annoying. Especially that song, which is probably my favourite one in P4.

Do we even know how many tracks this is going to have?

LiK

I don't particularly care about them churning out costumes as DLC, but songs is annoying. Especially that song, which is probably my favourite one in P4.

WHAT, this is making me sad :(

confirmed?

Acid08

Banned

I think it's a special mix of it, actually. It's also listed on the regular track list on the P4D site.

PK Gaming

Sho can only connect with other people through fighting them. At least, that's what Ultimax makes me believe.
That seems to me like a good foundation for the main character of a fighting game, especially if they want to make the Arena series independent from P4.

Ehhh, I think you're reading too much into that scene. It's just standard anime ending fluff.
I'm sure he'll come back, but there's no way he'll be the main character. The Arena games have a tendency to introduce new characters, so i'm positive 3rd game will primarily be about a new character. Plus, I want them to tread over new ground. Sho's old news

We all know the next time we see Yu he'll be a Shadow Operative.

Someone will ask how he can do it when he can't use his persona in the real world

He'll get in real close and whisper

"fuck canon, baby, i'm popular"

"Oh, so you're a part of the Shadow Ops? Nice, how long have you been there?"
"A month."
"Cool. So... what's your ranking? Are you still a rookie?"
"I'm the leader now."
"How is that even possible?"
"And i'm marrying Mitsuru."
"How is THAT even possible."

The P4 version of Never More is included with the game. The P4G version of Never More, that plays (P4G)
after the epilogue
is DLC included with the Crazy Box set.

Acid08

Banned
"Oh, so you're a part of the Shadow Ops? Nice, how long have you been there?"
"A month."
"Cool. So... what's your ranking? Are you still a rookie?"
"I'm the leader now."
"How is that even possible?"
"And i'm marrying Mitsuru."
"How is THAT even possible."

MITSURU IS A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN

You can tell it's the P4G version because of the epilogue design shown.

PK Gaming

MITSURU IS A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN

It's a marriage in name only. A political move basically. In reality, both Yu and Mitsuru are in a relationship with
Yosuke and Yukari respectively

‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sho probably could've been a good character if 1) He wasn't a maximum edgelord and 2) he wasn't
given a fucking Wild Card for no reason at all.

I think he was made to be portrayed as a bratty kid who thought he was being "so badass" by
wanting to destroy the world (even though the true reason was because he knows no other way to "connect" with people). He seemed the opposite of Labrys, in some regards. Like, what if Labrys didn't care? What if she wasn't able to get a control over her emotions, and instead let hatred consume her, like Sho did? In fact, both Labrys and Sho went through tons of abuse.

Man, if Labrys is the best spinoff Persona character then I can't even fathom how low that bar must be.

I want to know what about her you didn't like, and who is your favorite (gonna guess Zen and Rei)? I actually haven't beaten PQ yet, so spoiler tag anything if that's true.

Is it okay to ship? Or does the fact that Akihiko has the mind of a child hold that back?

It already seems obvious that they go together so well, i wouldn't see it as "shipping" if it's entirely possible they'll get together.

The only thing Akihiko is allowed to be shipped with is a giant vat of protein powder.

Motherfucker needs an intervention bad.

I think he was made to be portrayed as a bratty kid who thought he was being "so badass" by
wanting to destroy the world (even though the true reason was because he knows no other way to "connect" with people). He seemed the opposite of Labrys, in some regards. Like, what if Labrys didn't care? What if she wasn't able to get a control over her emotions, and instead let hatred consume her, like Sho did? In fact, both Labrys and Sho went through tons of abuse.

The thing is, Labrys did have flashes of apathy and despair. The fact that they were flashes made them tolerable.

The thing is, Labrys did have flashes of apathy and despair. The fact that they were flashes made them tolerable.

Yeah, i could see where you're coming from. But it made it much easier to appreciate him after learning his past. And Labrys's few outbursts made it easier to feel empathy for her.

Lunar15

Has anyone done fan art of the Persona 4 cast in "ridiculous-future" type outfits like the P3 cast had in P4A?

Yu would absolutely be some kind of fighting butler or a fashion model. Bonus: he does more origami on the side and uses them as his projectiles. Chie would probably just be dressed as The Bride from Kill Bill.

Unrelated, but I'm slowly realizing that Atlus is totally going to keep bringing back Yu as the Jotaro of this series. He's just going to keep showing up and steal everyone else's thunder.

Has anyone done fan art of the Persona 4 cast in "ridiculous-future" type outfits like the P3 cast had in P4A?

Yu would absolutely be some kind of fighting butler or a fashion model. Bonus: he does more origami on the side and uses them as his projectiles.

I would think that people have made some type of fan-art of them in Feathermen outfits by now

I want to know what about her you didn't like, and who is your favorite (gonna guess Zen and Rei)? I actually haven't beaten PQ yet, so spoiler tag anything if that's true.
I'm interested, what do you not like about Labrys?
I think she's redundant the exists solely to rip off the character arcs of P3 and P4 in an attempt to mix them and ends up doing every part of it worse than the things she's knocking off. Ugly design and she has an annoying voice.

I haven't played PQ or the story of Ultimax yet, which is why I was worried that Labrys seems to still be the favorite. Not a fan.

I've thought about it but I'm not super keen on Arena's designs for really anything so I think maybe I wouldn't be the best choice.

Akihiko got really dumb between P3 and the Arena duology. And kind of an asshole.
Arena Akihiko is an idiot that doesn't deserve Caesar anymore. Should have reverted back to tiny hands Polydeuces. Then I might believe the pants on head level of stupid he displays.

I think she's redundant the exists solely to rip off the character arcs of P3 and P4 in an attempt to mix them and ends up doing every part of it worse than the things she's knocking off. And she has an annoying voice.

Although i can see what you mean by her arc going into Aigis' and P4 casts' story arcs, she also DOES have a side of her arc that is different.
Aigis never goes through the "torture" like Labrys did. Labrys gained her emotions during them, Aigis did afterwards, AND with the help of others and her "friends". Not only that, but Labrys had to deal with going through her emotions all alone (with little help from #024). And then being forced to kill her "sisters", including Unit #024.
That side of her arc isn't mentioned anywhere else in P3/4, even if it does come close to Aigis' arc.

I do agree, she does have the same arc in P4A as the P4 cast members, and she does fall under Aigis' story arc of "android with emotions and wants to be like humans", but it's presented in a different way, even it is similar.

Akihiko reverts back to his old End of P3 Answer self in Arena Ultimax for the most part then goes off the rails in PQ again

PQ Akihiko is one of my least favorite PQ renditions of the casts

PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN FOE PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN FOE

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

I just uncovered some rare fan art of Kanji, where he seems to be just wearing seaweed and a massive chair on his back.

qGDjkbw.gif

On the topic of how the characters are treated in the spinoffs, one of the lines that Pepsiman highlighted from Kanami's trailer caught my eye.

I'm not sure I want to know how spinoff!Chie is going to react to Kanami...

Sophia

I think she's redundant the exists solely to rip off the character arcs of P3 and P4 in an attempt to mix them and ends up doing every part of it worse than the things she's knocking off. Ugly design and she has an annoying voice.

I haven't played PQ or the story of Ultimax yet, which is why I was worried that Labrys seems to still be the favorite. Not a fan.

Woah there! Hold up a second.... annoying voice?! Just who da heck do you think you are talking 'bout Labrys's voice like that? It's like ya askin for trouble...

I find her voice and accent to be the most endearing part of her character, English or Japanese. I don't think the story mode would have been half as effective without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom