• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah there! Hold up a second.... annoying voice?! Just who da heck do you think you are talking 'bout Labrys's voice like that? It's like ya askin for trouble...

I find her voice and accent to be the most endearing part of her character, English or Japanese. I don't think the story mode would have been half as effective without it.

I love her accent. I didn't have a favorite accent before Labrys, but now i do

Woah there! Hold up a second.... annoying voice?! Just who da heck do you think you are talking 'bout Labrys's voice like that? It's like ya askin for trouble...

I find her voice and accent to be the most endearing part of her character, English or Japanese. I don't think the story mode would have been half as effective without it.

Labrys single-handedly convinced me how great of a VA Cindy Robinson was.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I think it's weird that people from Kansai sound exactly like people from the Bronx to my baka gaijin ears.

PK Gaming

Akihiko got really dumb between P3 and the Arena duology. And kind of an asshole.

"C'mon Akihiko go to class. We're paying for your schooling."

"Fuck you. I'm going drinking."

I thought that was a pretty natural scene, actually.

I mean, who goes to a class that they're already proficient at? Akihiko is pretty fluent in English, so he doesn't need to go. Aigis (and Mitsuru by extension) are being obnoxious by forcing him to go to class. Dude needs his personal space.

then I mean his developed P3 self?

Given the epilogue in Ultimax, still no.

I thought that was a pretty natural scene, actually.

Who goes to a class that they're already proficient at? Akihiko is pretty fluent in English, so he doesn't need to go. Aigis (and Mitsuru by extension) are being obnoxious by forcing him to go to class. Dude needs his personal space.

If he plans to be a cop, I'm pretty sure he'll need more than just a favour from Kurosawa.

Past

Atlus USA still haven't uploaded the latest Persona 5 trailer yet, why? They were pretty quick on uploading the first two trailers. I hope this doesn't mean that we are going to get the game in 2016 in the West.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus USA still haven't uploaded the latest Persona 5 trailer yet, why? They were pretty quick on uploading the first two trailers. I hope this doesn't mean that we are going to get the game in 2016 in the West.

Atlus USA uploaded both Persona 5 Japanese teaser trailers on their channel 3 months after they were revealed. It has been 1 month since the Persona 5 PV01 was revealed.

Given the epilogue in Ultimax, still no.

If he plans to be a cop, I'm pretty sure he'll need more than just a favour from Kurosawa.

Yeah, he'll need to pass. But passing has nothing to do with attending the class, like Akihiko himself says. He knows the material well enough to pass, and since they don't take attendance or anything, there's no real reason for him to go every time.

What? It's only been a month. The other trailers took like three months for Atlus USA to upload.

Edit: 2x combo beaten.

CorvoSol

Isn't that what evokers are for

Evokers are for making your mom uncomfortable watching you play this video game.

"Oh, so you're a part of the Shadow Ops? Nice, how long have you been there?"
"A month."
"Cool. So... what's your ranking? Are you still a rookie?"
"I'm the leader now."
"How is that even possible?"
"And i'm marrying Mitsuru."
"How is THAT even possible."

C'est Magnifique

Has anyone done fan art of the Persona 4 cast in "ridiculous-future" type outfits like the P3 cast had in P4A?

Yu would absolutely be some kind of fighting butler or a fashion model. Bonus: he does more origami on the side and uses them as his projectiles. Chie would probably just be dressed as The Bride from Kill Bill.

Unrelated, but I'm slowly realizing that Atlus is totally going to keep bringing back Yu as the Jotaro of this series. He's just going to keep showing up and steal everyone else's thunder.

I kinda hope we get to see them in crazy outfits at some point. It's a tradition in this series, dammit!

Throw Kanji in there and you've got yourself a party.
tumblr_m84l89gE5I1r8x55lo1_500.jpg

Manliest of all men party!

NichM

Banned
Working Designs (in)famously localized it as hick for Lunar. There's an entire town who speaks Kansai(I think), so Vic made them talk like rednecks.

It really depends on which aspect of Osaka culture you want to emphasize. For me, since Osaka (and Kansai-ben by extension) has a reputation of being a tough, practical town, where the standard greeting is "How's business?" I feel that a thick Noo Yawk/Jersey accent is more appropriate.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
It really depends on which aspect of Osaka culture you want to emphasize. For me, since Osaka (and Kansai-ben by extension) has a reputation of being a tough, practical town, where the standard greeting is "How's business?" I feel that a thick Noo Yawk/Jersey accent is more appropriate.

Yeah, I always equated Kansai-ben to the yankee dialect. Hiroshima-ben is much more like southern dialect IMO.

kajigoddess

Neo Member
Hello everyone, I'm kajigoddess, and I hope to post many fun and interesting things here. Some of you may have seen me in the IRC, but I only got my account approved yesterday. (Yes, I am the same kajigoddess behind the Persona X Detective Naoto fanfiction from earlier.)

I'm still fairly new to the Persona fandom, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for a couple of seriously lucky incidents which have only motivated me to dive further into it. While attending last year's Comic-Con, I happened to meet the voice actresses behind Chie and Naoto (Erin Fitzgerald and Valerie Arem). It suffices to say that they were the reason I bought Persona Q.

I also attended Taiyou Con earlier this year, where the first Persona music concert in North America happened. Nothing else could really compare to the experience of waving a glowstick around and dancing wildly to the music... I wonder if anyone else here went...

Go ahead, ask me anything you please.

Hello everyone, I'm kajigoddess, and I hope to post many fun and interesting things here. Some of you may have seen me in the IRC, but I only got my account approved yesterday. (Yes, I am the same kajigoddess behind the Persona X Detective Naoto fanfiction from earlier.)

I'm still fairly new to the Persona fandom, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for a couple of seriously lucky incidents which have only motivated me to dive further into it. While attending last year's Comic-Con, I happened to meet the voice actresses behind Chie and Naoto (Erin Fitzgerald and Valerie Arem). It suffices to say that they were the reason I bought Persona Q.

I also attended Taiyou Con earlier this year, where the first Persona music concert in North America happened. Nothing else could really compare to the experience of waving a glowstick around and dancing wildly to the music... I wonder if anyone else here went...

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it!

Makio

I was reading this interview with Soejima and -Hashino.
https://projecteistir.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/p-studio-interview-1/

And Soejima confirm there gonna be more party members

Soejima: There are still many parts of the game that we haven’t revealed. I hope that you will look forward to some follow-up reports on P5. Of course, there are still other party members than those shown in the new PV, but I think it’s better to not mention them so that we don’t exhaust the story.

I mean everybody expect that , but at least is good for some confirmation and more characters to look forward.
-------

And about Dancing all the Night DLC Costumes , is like Atlus hear the fanbase Gekkou Costumes , Golden Epilogue Costumes Day 1 buy for sure.

I hope that DLC's and that preorder pack come to America.
I dont want to import :C

FluxWaveZ

Soejima: There are still many parts of the game that we haven’t revealed. I hope that you will look forward to some follow-up reports on P5. Of course, there are still other party members than those shown in the new PV, but I think it’s better to not mention them so that we don’t exhaust the story.

I mean everybody expect that , but at least is good for some confirmation and more characters to look forward.

I wonder if this is a part Pepsiman missed, since it's not in his own translation of the interview.

Edit: Oh yeah, Pepsiman did indeed miss that part in the Persona Magazine interview. So yeah, that's a straight up confirmation that there'll be more party members. I also wonder if that includes the fox lady, which means a confirmation we'll be getting more than 5 party members.

Makio

Even that blog doesnt have a link to the original interview but that is the one in Persona Magazine or is another one ?

Edit : So is the Persona Magazine one ... cool
And yeah more party members.

Is obvious since the Lady Fox case and the way of the opening looks edited as fuck (the skating in the highway part mostly)

1) What is your favorite persona character?
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
4) favorite persona scene
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link
7) What are your thoughts on the Kanamin trailer?

kajigoddess

Neo Member
Welcome to PersonaGAF.

Anything specific about the games you like?

One thing I absolutely love about the games I've played so far (P4, P3FES, and PQ) is the well-drawn characters. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and nobody feels too cliche. You learn so much about them that it's like they're your best friends.

But I suppose you could say that about any game with really awesome characters. What is more specific is how the Social Link system brings them to the forefront. You have fun times with them, you listen to their deepest confessions, you help them solve their problems in life, and you have to figure out what to say to them on top of it. It makes them that much more real. For someone like myself who hasn't really made many friends in her life, this system was a sight to behold. I kept finding myself redoing certain parts of the links over and over again to see whether I'd get a better result or not. The tangible benefits (follow-up attacks, better fusions, etc.) only hammer the point home that meeting people and getting to know them can help you do anything in life. When I first discovered the series through Persona 4 in summer 2012, I had no idea that the game would have as huge of an impact on me as it has. It honestly made me a more confident and outgoing person as a result. I thought that if that protagonist could make cool friends, have an awesome girlfriend, and save the world at the same time, then I knew I could do the same thing. I'd hate to see Social Links go in Persona 5, but hopefully it is replaced by something just as cool and just as meaningful.

Of course, the music is also totally awesome. Mist is probably my favorite song from the series, followed by Kimi no Kioku and Never More. Maze of Life is getting up there, though...

Sophia

It works for Labrys too because her dialogue isn't a straight application of Kansai-ben. It's been given some touches to make her sound youthful and slightly feminine. The Jersey-esque accent for her replicates that pretty well in English, and that's something I don't think another accent would be able to do. At least not without keeping her other character traits intact.

Is obvious since the Lady Fox case and the way of the opening looks edited as fuck (the skating in the highway part mostly)

Yeah. The shots of Anne and Ryuji close up from the opening don't sync up with the music, like the other parts of the opening do. It's pretty obviously edited to hide the other party members.

kajigoddess

Neo Member
2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1. Naoto. Despite not having finished her social link, I can relate to her in many ways. I've always been a bit of a perfectionist, I like cool hats, I'm not a girly girl, I have a reputation for being smart, etc. I don't mind being a girl, but other than that...
2. Persona 4. Persona Q certainly is hilarious, though.
3. Mist, but Kimi no Kioku, Never More, and Maze of Life are close.
4. Haven't thought about this before, but probably the part during the true ending of Persona 4
where your party members die one by one before you go to Yomi as well, where your bonds with others redeem you and you awaken to the power to save the world for good in the process.
There's plenty of other moments from the anime, but it's hard to compete with that.
5. Yurlungur. I just love that wiggling battle animation! Yamato-Takeru's design is also pretty cool.
6. Bebe from Persona 3. He's such an easy link to rank up and it's hard not to get enthused by his admiration for all things Japanese.
7. Boy, Chie is going to have a fun time with all that fsteak. Seriously, though, I'm not keen on girls who obsess about their weight all the time. I get the feeling she might just annoy me...

Rubedo

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) I don't know. Each have their own appeal in different ways. I guess Yu would be my favorite "fun" character and either Naoto or Mamoru is my favorite depth wise.

2) Persona 4 Golden

3) Either the movie version of Burn My Dread, Wiping All Out, or Break Out Of...

4) Possibly the ending of Persona 2: Innocent Sin

5) Arsene

6) Geez so many good ones. I like Naoki, Kanji, Yosuke, and Mamoru's themes in their links however I really like the contents of Akinari and Dojima's links. Also, I like the character of Maya (the social link character).

7) Meh. She doesn't seem particularly interesting.

Good catch Makio! Not at all surprising to hear there'll be more playable characters, but it's nice to have confirmation all the same.

I wonder what order they'll release promotional stuff for P5. Like, will there be a focus on gameplay specifics, or more details on characters and the world? It might be a long way off from anything substantial, but it's fun to think about all the same.

cj_iwakura

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Probably Maya Amano, followed closely by Kaoru 'Baofu' Saga.
2) Eternal Punishment.
3) Knights of the Holy Spear.
4) "Lover's Quarrel"
5) Thanatos.
6) Ai from P4.
7) Burn! (I haven't watched it.)

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1) Kanji. Never did anything questionable
, and when he did it was really Yosuke's fault.
2) P4G (In my top 3 overall)
3) The Almighty
4) Shadow Labrys
breaks free and almost kills Sho.
Tied with
Adachi points out how much of a petulant brat Sho is while getting the tar beaten out of him.
5) Design-wise? Satan. Gameplay-wise? Yoshitsune.
6) Ai (friendship). Her development into such a loyal and honest person made me so proud.
7) Huh. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Nimby

Banned
1) Kanji.
2) I'm very nostalgic towards P3. I tend to go back and forth though.
3) New World Fool
4) Hard choice, don't think I can choose.
5) Arsene for Soejima, Nebiros for Kaneko.
6) Probably Mitsuru and her hamburger shenanigans.
7) Haven't seen it.

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

1.Maya Amano, but if we are talking modern Persona, Labrys
2.Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
3.Laser Beam
4. Mt. Iwato revelations in both P2IS and P2EP
5. Cu Chulainn, but if you want a Perosna exclusive design, Minazuki's Tsukuyomi
6. "Maya" or Kanji Tatsumi's
7. I can't imagine the step

2) favorite persona game
3) favorite persona song
5) favorite persona
6) favorite s.link

May as well since everyone else is doing it, although i love Persona too much to choose just ONE from each category

(i just HAD to edit this. I forgot to mention several things i also loved in Persona)

1. Aigis
2. P3 FES
3. Mixup between Kimi No Kioku or Heartful Cry. Memrories of the City and Memories of the School are also high up there
4. (P3 ending spoilers)
Aigis's entire story arc. Her becoming more and more "human" as she lives with S.E.E.S., her encounter with Ryoji and her dialogue after she comes back from the lab, her social link, and her speech on the roof of the school on the final day. RIGHT behind that though, is the final battle with Nyx, hearing S.E.E.S.'s voices calling to you, encouraging you and giving you their strength to become the Great Seal
(P4A and P4AU spoilers)
I also have to mention the scene with Labrys erupting in anger after the scientists threatened to delete her and #024's memories. It was a sudden statement that caught me off guard, and Labrys's emotions exactly mimicked mine as i heard it. Also, the scene with Aigis and Labrys realizing their connections with eachother, including Aigis's reactions to the pier and to Snowy being from remnants of Labrys's memories in Aigis, and Labrys's epilogue scene
5. Rakshasa
6. Aigis is already a given here. Other than her, i'd say in S.E.E.S would be Yukari or Shinjiro, and non party members would have to go to either Saori (librarian S. Link) or Akinari
7. "Wait...WHY is the first reveal of Kanami's swimsuit a crotch shot? And she has TOO MUCH HAIR." I'm not really digging her too much yet. I don't really like her outfit too much either. It looks too...puffy.

Yeah, i know it's alot, but i can't just choose one thing

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
So I'm thinking of finally going in and playing the PSP version of Eternal Punishment because obviously the whole language barrier thing doesn't bother me that much. Anyway, do any of you know if you need to import a Japanese save from Innocent Sin in order to access the new story content? I played the PSP version of that game in English as a matter of circumstantial convenience at the time and I've tried looking this up before, but found Japanese resources to be surprisingly vague on this point, but I figure surely one of you knows, so~

PK Gaming

So I'm thinking of finally going in and playing the PSP version of Eternal Punishment because obviously the whole language barrier thing doesn't bother me that much. Anyway, do any of you know if you need to import a Japanese save from Innocent Sin in order to access the new story content? I played the PSP version of that game in English as a matter of circumstantial convenience at the time and I've tried looking this up before, but found Japanese resources to be surprisingly vague on this point, but I figure surely one of you knows, so~

You don't need to. Chapter's for the new scenario are unlocked as you progress through the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom