• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden added the gross anime scene for the first hotsprings event. Vanilla's version is still bad but not anywhere near as awful as Golden's addition.

Pretty sure the original hot springs scene was mostly harmless. Don't they just talk about how soft her skin is?

shrug. Same flavour of stuff. Maybe I'm just throwing it under the bus because I hate every event of that day.

Also, I don't get the flak Golden's scene gets. At least it was kept to a single cutscene (which I'm pretty sure you can skip) as opposed to a misunderstanding blown out of proportion and the guys terrible attempt at a rebound.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't really care about it. :p

It just seems weird that people are talking about the sexual fanservice like it's new to this series.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin is the goofiest game in the series overall, it just so happens to also contain the series' darkest moments. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment opts for a much more serious, kind of conspiracy drama noire vibe, but still tosses in some goofy moments.

Dantis

I think y'all focus far too much on like 2 or 3 scenes out of a 90 hour game that has some fan service
To be fair, nobody is saying that Persona 4 is defined by the fan service scenes.

My own problem is that Dancing All Night's dialogue seems shiiiiiiiiiiiit. And not because it's silly. Because it's not good.

Also Kanamin's defining trait seems to be her chest, which is also bad.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
You guys know that P5 is definitely going to have a hotspring scene.

It'll make Catherine look like a kids cartoon.

Persona 4's fanservice felt so out of place at times. Like, what kind of high school has a swimsuit competition anyways, LOL. That felt so silly. And when Yosuke basically had to blackmail the girls on the camping trip to get in swimsuits. That felt so out of character for him, IMO. That was just weird.

Then you had the hot springs peeping in Golden, which has all the guys except Teddie acting out of character. It made them all look like douches, which I didn't like. Plus, the girls acted all out of character, too.

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's appropriate for the situation and not creepy. P3 had a beach episode. It was fanservice cause you got to see everyone half naked, but it was also funny. It didn't have any creepy undertones, or sexual harassment.

Then you had the hot springs peeping in Golden, which has all the guys except Teddie acting out of character. It made them all look like douches, which I didn't like. Plus, the girls acted all out of character, too.

Unless I'm remembering things wrong, only Yosuke and Teddie were actually trying that.

Wasn't picking the theme Teddie's prize for
Winning the crossdressing contest? Then again what high school holds a crossdressing contest...,
Yeah, it's been a while I forgot that. But still, seems a little inappropriate haha.

Unless I'm remembering things wrong, only Yosuke and Teddie were actually trying that.
Maybe I got it mixed up with the Golden Animation, then. Cause I remember Kanji had that stupid nosebleed and was actively peeping.

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's appropriate for the situation and not creepy. P3 had a beach episode.

Operation Babe hunt is probably the creepiest scene in Persona lol.

All the extra bits in Persona games are basically Harem/Slice of life anime tropes. I don't really mind them (the valentine's day episode in the P4G anime was my favorite episode) but they really conflict with the main story of Persona.

Yeah, that's some dangerous ground to tread, pal.
Yeah, best to forget about that.

Operation Babe hunt is probably the creepiest scene in Persona lol.
I dunno, I don't find it creepy really. I think the guys knew they were acting like idiots and weren't serious but they just wanted to see if they had game. Akihiko's terrible flirting was quite funny. I thought it was harmless and pretty funny.

I have to wonder if a cross-dressing pageant isnt out of the realm of possibility in Japan...Id google but im scared.

Ive been learning lately that certain anime tropes that I never thought were actually real do happen frequently in japan (back washing in public washrooms)

EDIT: Did anyone read that thing about little kids trying to stick their fingers up teachers butts?

P4G had the beach scene which is easily one of the absolute best ones. Not entirely fan servicey either.

The birth of Venus scene? Love it, absolutely hilarious.

I think people tend to forget sometimes that not every scene has to be plot or character development relevant.

Sometimes things are just fun for the sake of being fun. Enjoy it!

Meia

I dunno, I really liked the ski trip, was laughing hysterically when the ghost story part came up and you could talk about the Velvet Room in it. :p

And Kanamin's defining trait is about her chest size, but that may just be her idol shtick and no one really knows her to begin with. Aren't we kind of defining her so far like an early P4 character, and doing the exact thing we shouldn't be doing? :p

Now complaining about her shit design, THAT'S a-ok. :D

Sophia

The birth of Venus scene? Love it, absolutely hilarious.

I think people tend to forget sometimes that not every scene has to be plot or character development relevant.

Sometimes things are just fun for the sake of being fun. Enjoy it!

These scenes show the group being normal teenagers for once too, instead of Persona users thrown into a dangerous situation. It's why I didn't mind most of the new additions in Persona 4 Golden.

Dantis

I dunno, I really liked the ski trip, was laughing hysterically when the ghost story part came up and you could talk about the Velvet Room in it. :p

And Kanamin's defining trait is about her chest size, but that may just be her idol shtick and no one really knows her to begin with. Aren't we kind of defining her so far like an early P4 character, and doing the exact thing we shouldn't be doing? :p

I liked the ski trip too. It was nice.

The beach trip just felt dumb to me. Too much wackiness for me.

I think that's a very good point. Granted, judging characters is very different from judging real people, but the point remains the same. Let's find out what Kanami's actually about before we hate on her.

And the ski trip in Golden is probably my favourite of all the "acting like regular teenagers" scenes. Funny, with enough variability to make each trip through it slightly different.

Ski trip was the most well done of non plot relevant side stories (even if it became plot relevant for a portion)

I enojyed the beach scene and dont mind the hot springs scenes and legitimately laughed at the pageant

Dantis

I think that's a very good point. Granted, judging characters is very different from judging real people, but the point remains the same. Let's find out what Kanami's actually about before we hate on her.

People said the same thing about Sho and Rei and Zen too.
They also said the same thing about Labrys and were actually right, but whatever.

Gooch, why are you asking yourself a question?

Ski trip was the most well done of non plot relevant side stories (even if it became plot relevant for a portion)

I enojyed the beach scene and dont mind the hot springs scenes and legitimately laughed at the pageant

This is why you're Gooch.

Sophia

It's referring to a prank called Kancho that kids play. If you've ever seen Naruto, you might have seen it comically referenced.

They also said the same thing about Labrys and were actually right, but whatever.

I'll not speak for Sho, but I really liked Rei and Zen's character development in Persona Q.

Labrys is the bestest Dantis, and you know it! :D

Did anyone read that thing about little kids trying to stick their fingers up teachers butts?
Edit: Beaten
latest

I quite liked Zen and Rei though. If nothing else, I don't see the harm in thinking optimistically until we know for sure what kind of character she is.

EDIT: Did anyone read that thing about little kids trying to stick their fingers up teachers butts?

I know this has already been explained, but I'll take any excuse to post Barakamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom