• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

To be fair, all the guys are attractive too, right?

I dunno, what do you think, Kanji?
*violence*

Part of why I think that
Namatame and Kubo
work so well, honestly. They're the two most blatantly unattractive men you meet. Makes the reveal that
modestly attractive when Soejima isn't fucking his face up Adachi
done it that much better. Kinda toys with your expectations.

Jintor

tumblr_nmjak1sb0I1rnx5rho1_r3_400.png

2hrs

#MitsuruArtChallenge

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Damn, nice one jintor.

If there's one critique though (hope you don't mind!) is that you might want to work on the foreshortening, but nice art-style.

Jintor

i really need to fix her legs actually, the shadows are fuuuuuucked

i wanted it to be a pinup but then it didn't become one :T

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
1) What are your general thoughts on Mitsuru? Why do you like/dislike her?
She is a nice lady( pretty lol)
2) What do you think of her Social Link?
She wants to run away with me!
3) What did you think about her role in Persona 3? Persona 4 Arena?
P3:Good leader P4A: good fighter
4) What are your thoughts on her Persona(s)? Say anything that comes to mind.
hmmmm nope nothing.
BONUS: Favorite Mitsuru outfit
The one from the beach trip.
:D

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Man, I'm still disappointed we never got to see Mitsuru interact with Nanjo. I mean their companies were once together so they must know about each-other/have meant before but to not see it in canon... :( Oh well, I still believe that Nanjo is probably co leader with Mitsuru in the Shadow Ops, a long with other p1/p2 character being in it as core members.

#MitsuruArtChallenge

I love Mitsuru, probably my second favourite character in P3 after Aigis. She just oozes with class and confidence, when she talks, you listen. Plus it doesnt hurt that she's very kind to the eyes.

It's not great. Everything from the 'how do I hamburger?' to the arranged marriage thing just seems to go against her character. I get that she's lived a sheltered life, but you dont get the impression going through the main story that she is THAT clueless about how the real world works.

She's the boss, in both! Though I'm not usually a fan of the 'sins of our fathers' trope, she's so well written that you actually care about her cause and dont just pass it off.

4) What are your thoughts on her Persona(s)? Say anything that comes to mind.
Artemisia > Penthesilea (Artemisia is one of my favourite persona designs ever!)

Winter Casual, just pure class.

PK Gaming

tumblr_nmjak1sb0I1rnx5rho1_r3_400.png

2hrs

#MitsuruArtChallenge

Pinups. I was promised pinups. I'm really disappointed in you man.

...Not. This kind of joke is played out, but whatever! Nice drawing! I especially love the petals

Just call me Dantis Jr. guys

Dude, not bad at all. For an amateur, your drawing is surprisingly good.

#MitsuruArtChallenge

Wicked. You really captured the cool and stylish aspects of her character.

CorvoSol

What shall I draw Mitsuru wearing?

PICK SOMETHING GOOOOOOOD

put her in a suit. Like a fashionable lady's suit.

Since she supposedly runs a business and I hope that means she wears a normal suit and not a fucking ermine coat and catsuit to business conferences with the Nanjo group.

"What's wrong Cousin Kei?"
"Mitsuru, dear. The dress code for these meetings is SCARVES."
"I have a scarf on-"
"THAT'S A PELT, NOT A SCARF"

it's 3 am and i'm sorry

PK Gaming

put her in a suit. Like a fashionable lady's suit.

Since she supposedly runs a business and I hope that means she wears a normal suit and not a fucking ermine coat and catsuit to business conferences with the Nanjo group.

"What's wrong Cousin Kei?"
"Mitsuru, dear. The dress code for these meetings is SCARVES."
"I have a scarf on-"
"THAT'S A PELT, NOT A SCARF"

it's 3 am and i'm sorry

I second that

Mitsuru would look so good in a suit

What shall I draw Mitsuru wearing?

PICK SOMETHING GOOOOOOOD

I'd like to see her in something SUPER CASUAL, like a t-shirt and jeans.

Something that you'd never see her wear in any official media, she's too classy of a lady for something like a tank top and yoga pants right?

Wicked. You really captured the cool and stylish aspects of her character.

Cheers mate, it's definitely one of my better ones.

ok so...I havent picked up a pencil in 4 years, but I wanted to try something.

I've officially given up, but here is my attempt. Its dedicated to page 248
originally her hand was supposed to be on the belt buckle with her thumb behind it, but I gave up. I was also trying to make her look like older mitsuru from P4A to make the clash with marie's clothing even more stark. Didnt really pull that off either

Setsu00

Not a regular member here, but I lurk this thread and I love Mitsurus P3 design, so when I saw people posting their cool drawings of her I just had to draw her once... I hope it's OK (I didn't make her skirt shorter on purpose!)

Your style is fascinating. It looks like a combination of Yoshitaka Amano's and Yoji Shinkawa's.

D-don't be mad at me, pal! I like you!
latest

But yeah, I still feel those lines are kinda cheesy.
Not gonna lie, kinda peeved the scenes are pretty much just self-pity and no calling the MC out on his shit.
Yup.
1) What is your favorite persona character?
Yosuke: most likeable and relatable character. Even his gimmicky character traits like his relationship with Saki is implemented nicely in all the P4 spinoffs.
That's awesome, welcome!
I like both localizations equally, but I do think that AA's localization is more accessible than Persona's
Ok, let's make this official. MITSURU ART CHALLENGE BEGINS NOW!

mitsuru.jpg
My second favorite character of P3! Mainly because of her development, voice, attitude and looks. I do wish they expanded on her French, she says it a few times in the beginning but later it's completely absent.
It was funny lol
Her role as leader was very good in P3, and also liked her in Arena, specially how in her route she really wanted to capture down Labrys until Yukiko talks to her. I'm pretty surprised she wasn't flanderized (come on, there are just like 2 or 3 lines about execution).
4) What are your thoughts on her Persona(s)?
Artemisia has an awesome design.
Her school uniform.

Not a regular member here, but I lurk this thread and I love Mitsurus P3 design, so when I saw people posting their cool drawings of her I just had to draw her once... I hope it's OK (I didn't make her skirt shorter on purpose!)

Wow! I really like your artstyle!
It reminds me of MGS concept art, or is that intentional?

Right, but self-pity just makes you feel worse than if they got mad at you.

Maybe. But I'd prefer them acting like people instead of just mouthpieces for the writers' "You Bastard" moment. :/

Lunar15

Whoa, I love this! Great job, the style is really great. It is evocative of the Metal Gear stuff, but it's also distinct.

wmlk

This is so good.

Jintor

Reani, Caes, great stuff. Got art blogs somewhere?

I fucking hate that I can't do lining at all anymore... well i probably could but now I'm obsessed with spending as little time as possible on each piece while making it look good... just like painting more i guess. :T

this is a great idea, hope it continues going forward instead of being intermittent... it was good to go home after work and just draw for an hour or two

Reani, Caes, great stuff. Got art blogs somewhere?

I fucking hate that I can't do lining at all anymore... well i probably could but now I'm obsessed with spending as little time as possible on each piece while making it look good... just like painting more i guess. :T

this is a great idea, hope it continues going forward instead of being intermittent... it was good to go home after work and just draw for an hour or two

Art blog? Nah, I just do it for fun in here and then put it on deviantart afterwards.

I'll keep these going, although we stopped before because the submissions slowed down considerably.

But I like stuff like this that brings the community together. So as long as people want to keep doing stuff together, I'll keep organising stuff for us to do!

PS. Remember the Kings Games P4Arena tournament? That shit was fun!

PK Gaming

All I'm saying, it really hits hard in making you feel like you're betraying them, lol

Yukiko's "You're not telling your girlfriend what you're doing, on Valentine's Day" hits harder than any insult ever could. Just immense shame and disappointing for all parties. Feels bad, man.

Rise blaming herself is some sick shit. I felt like a dog after that.

not one of those cool dogs either

I love how she calls you out for going to see another girl.

Rise's rejection dialogue absolutely killed me, it made me feel like a complete asshole. I'm never doing that again. I'm glad i never faced Yukiko's rejection dialogue, from what i'm hearing it would have been even worse on me

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They really should have an ending to that scenario where the rejected girls ambushed him together and calls his shit out.

Then all of their S.links gets reversed to like 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom