• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

SKI TRIP OUTFITS YESSSSSS

CCOEF6UUkAEW0PQ.png:large

Also it's interesting that Yukiko's is by far the most different of the dancing styles.

Rainy

Banned
Rise's rejection dialogue absolutely killed me, it made me feel like a complete asshole. I'm never doing that again. I'm glad i never faced Yukiko's rejection dialogue, from what i'm hearing it would have been even worse on me
I just rejected Yukiko today, I felt kinda bad but I'd imagine if I had rejected Rise hers would have been worse.
(Hm I'll youtube Rise's rejection tomorrow..)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Were people actually expecting the story of DAN to be good? Given the track record they have with their other spin offs already.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I was expecting DAN to set the new gold standard in terms of excellent storytelling and character development.

I remain optimistic.

Were people actually expecting the story of DAN to be good? Given the track record they have with their other spin offs already.

Arena and Q were fine, and Dancing shouldn't be dragged down by some of the issues that hurt Ultimex, ie. overly large cast, trying connect everything to P3/4, needing excuses for constant fighting and Sho. It's a Dancing game, so I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but there were a few hints in some of the other trailers that it might at least have something of substance.

convo

I am pretty pleased how great the models in DAN look, makes me giddy of how much more expressive the characters will be in P5. Also FluxWaveZ is banned? What happened there?

Jintor

oh hey today is april 10th mhey? maybe it's time to start another persona day by day runthrough and then also ramble incessently about living in inaba('s equivalent)

oh hey today is april 10th mhey? maybe it's time to start another persona day by day runthrough and then also ramble incessently about living in inaba('s equivalent)

Have you found the equivalent of the Rainy Day Beef Bowl challenge? It's weird out of the all the things in P4, the stuff I would most like to experience is the food.... except meat gum. shudder

Edit: I would also be open to trying the weird takoyaki in P3.

muteki

I'd really like to see a complete song start to finish. With how the timing and audio is in these trailers I can't tell if the dancing is synchronized to the audio or not or they are just collecting various steps from different points in the song. Yukkiko's dancing is a little more "out there", but hard to judge if it isn't matching the audio.

arue

"Yeah, she's definitely amazing! I wonder what her sizes are?"

Good lord.

I might end up just skipping story mode like I did with Ultimax. No regrets.
This part surprised me and made me cringe a little. Yukiko sounds like an old man there.

I'm just waiting for that Naoto trailer now.

PK Gaming

Yukiko's trailer was pretty good. They've been pretty similar for the most part, but I liked how Yukiko's also touched on what it's like to be that "perfect person" who's always put on a pedestal.

Mt39d4J.png

I will never get tired of Yukiko acting like a goddamn weirdo.

Meia

Just like the reference to meat at the very end of Chie's trailer, there's a reference to cooking at the end of Yukiko's. I have to imagine at this point they're doing this on purpose...

Dantis

It's a rhythm game.

Almost makes me wish they hadn't included a story mode at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm surprised that it's bad. Really, I'm saying the opposite; I'm expecting the story to be made up entirely of discussions of things like Yukiko's cooking and Kanamin's 'sizes'.

Sophia

Yup, that's definitely ballet. Heartbeat, heartbreak is a good song to show it off to as well.

Also, Dantis, you need to embrace the silliness of the story. It's not like a dancing game based off a murder mystery was going to have a very serious one anyhow. :p

Dantis

Yup, that's definitely ballet. Heartbeat, heartbreak is a good song to show it off to as well.

Also, Dantis, you need to embrace the silliness of the story. It's not like a dancing game based off a murder mystery was going to have a very serious one anyhow. :p

Something being silly isn't inherently bad. PQ is silly, but it's still brilliant.

The dialogue we've seen so far is just bad.

Sophia

Shut up! I'm trying to main the whole "Persona 1/2 are super edgy, Persona 3/4 are bubblegum bullshit" shtick.

One of the antagonists in Persona 2 has a paper bag over their head. Another is a clown. Persona 2 also had idols before Persona 4 did it.

2silly

Something being silly isn't inherently bad. PQ is silly, but it's still brilliant.

The dialogue we've seen so far is just bad.

You say bad, I say ALIENS MAKING EVERYONE DANCE!!! :p

'Serious' and 'good' are a false equivalence.
Ultimax had some harsh shit happen, but that didn't stop its story from being trash.

EDIT:
Yukiko's pervy comment might have been a result of her repeated exposure to Yosuke/Teddie

They're corrupting her

Now that you mention it, doesn't Chie call Yosuke out on sounding like an old man? Something about... "cutie pie"?

PK Gaming

This part surprised me and made me cringe a little. Yukiko sounds like an old man there.

I'm just waiting for that Naoto trailer now.

Hmm

HMMM

Yukiko's pervy comment might have been a result of her repeated exposure to Yosuke/Teddie

200_s.gif

They're corrupting her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom