• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ALL of the other Kanamin Kitchen members look better than Kanamin.

And it seems like Personas have a specific instrument atatched to them.

Izanagi has a guitar, Himiko (original version btw, not Ultimax Himiko) has a harp and Kintoki Douji has a Teddie designed DJ set by the looks of it.

Also is the girl with glasses Kanamin or not?

It is, that was already noted.

muteki

That dance instructor is amazing.

What I'm assuming is the producer and the rest of the group could just as easily come out of idolmaster. Hard to tell from their portraits but if there is a "kitchen" motif it is really subtle. At most they are all wearing different colored aprons.

And that really was Izanagi on guitar way back in the February preview.

Sophia

So scans are out and everybody looks looks better than Kanamin. Also is the girl with glasses Kanamin or not?

It's Kanami. The girl with the glasses and her have identical facial features.

The remainder of her group all just look like... idols I guess? Their outfits are slightly better in that they're not full blown silly, at any rate.

Setsu00

The other members of Kanamin Kitchen and the dance instructor remind me so much of the NPCs from Persona 2...

Also, I'm botherd by the fact that Rise's Himiko upgrade from P4U2 was seemingly undone.

84X

Banned
The other members of Kanamin Kitchen and the dance instructor remind me so much of the NPCs from Persona 2...

Also, I'm botherd by the fact that Rise's Himiko upgrade from P4U2 was seemingly undone.

In ultimax she uses both the new Himiko and the navi version. It's sorta annoying but not a big deal.

As someone who didn't care for Rise becoming a fighter in the first place, that's a point in DAN's favour for me.

I'm probably overlooking some obvious thing that makes this impossible, but I'm starting to think Kanami is the girl who wrote letters to Rise in her social link.

DNAbro

I'm probably overlooking some obvious thing that makes this impossible, but I'm starting to think Kanami is the girl who wrote letters to Rise in her social link.

Uhh doesn't the girl start writing about Kanami? Kanami was talked about in Rise's social link quite a bit.

Uhh doesn't the girl start writing about Kanami? Kanami was talked about in Rise's social link quite a bit.

Yeah, the whole thing was that Rise kept learning about her fans going over to Kanami, including a girl she was exchanging letters with (though that last one was due to peer pressure, iirc).

Lunar15

At this point, I think it's best to just say "fuck canon" and roll with it.

Theoretically, Yu would have Izanagi No Okami in all of these spinoffs as well.

Courtesy of Neniline's tumblr:

While the Investigation Team are conducting their own investigations, Ryotaro Dojima (The protagonist´s uncle) and Nanako Dojima come in order to see the “Festival of Bonds” event at which the protagonist and his friends were supposed to appear. Upon realizing that the protagonist has gone missing, the two of them begin searching him and thus end up meeting Kanami, who is in distress due to the disappearance of her idol group´s members and decide to aid her in the investigations regarding the whereabouts of her group members. While the Investigation Team is forced to continue dancing on the Midnight Stage, Kanami, Dojima and Nanako form a team in the real world in order to solve the mystery on their own. Just to what solution will each of the teams come in the end…?

Also, Kanamin Kitchen members are:

Sumomo Ujima (Pink)
Tomoe Sayama (Blue)
Tamami Uesugi (Green)
Nozomi Nakahara (Brown)

I know we already had names (although these are slightly differently translated), but now we know who is who.

It takes a special kind of skill to complete P4 and not upgrade Teddie's Persona.

It's all stupid, just ignore it.

EDIT:
Also, Nanako should have her epilogue design and she doesn't have the "in the TV world" excuse, so, hey, fuck off, DAN.

Sumomo Ujima (Pink)
Tomoe Sayama (Blue)
Tamami Uesugi (Green)
Nozomi Nakahara (Brown)

I know we already had names (although these are slightly differently translated), but now we know who is who.

Of course the Investigation Team would be attending the Festival of Bonds

Interesting. The screens make it look as if Kanami and Nanako do end up on the midnight stage at some point anyway, although there's definitely one that shows Nanako dancing in the real world as well. If we do get any more playable characters, I now feel like Dojima is the most likely.

Setsu00

Sumomo Ujima (Pink)
Tomoe Sayama (Blue)
Tamami Uesugi (Green)
Nozomi Nakahara (Brown)

Yeah, I have to apologize for this. "Migishima" is a valid alternate reading for "Ujima"; same goes for "Chuugen" and "Nakahara". It's the same problem that makes it so hard to pin down what Takamaki's first name is supposed to be.

In any case, sorry for any confusion I caused.

Drop

Of course the Investigation Team would be attending the Festival of Bonds

Interesting. The screens make it look as if Kanami and Nanako do end up on the midnight stage at some point anyway, although there's definitely one that shows Nanako dancing in the real world as well. If we do get any more playable characters, I now feel like Dojima is the most likely.

At first I excluded Dojima because of narukami's alternative outfit but now it seems possible, my point wasn't really much to go by anyway.
I would actually love to see Dojima playable, we could get a family choreography.

So what's Persona GAF's opinion on Persona Q? I'm still in the middle of P4G, but after I wanna play Q. No spoilers, just overall impressions of the game? Specifically the characters. I know it's got a lighthearted fun tone, and I've heard the characters are kinda flanderized. I don't mind that as long as it's not too bad and the character interactions are likable and funny. How's the humor?

DNAbro

So what's Persona GAF's opinion on Persona Q? I'm still in the middle of P4G, but after I wanna play Q. No spoilers, just overall impressions of the game? Specifically the characters. I know it's got a lighthearted fun tone, and I've heard the characters are kinda flanderized. I don't mind that as long as it's not too bad and the character interactions are likable and funny. How's the humor?

Character interactions are pretty enjoyable. Only characters that were extremely grating were Teddie and Akihiko. Chie wasn't great either but she had her moments.

Sumomo Ujima (Pink)
Tomoe Sayama (Blue)
Tamami Uesugi (Green)
Nozomi Nakahara (Brown)

That sounds kinda interesting, actually. If Dojima has as big a role as that little summary seems to imply, DAN's story could be a pleasant surprise for me.

Character interactions are pretty enjoyable. Only characters that were extremely grating were Teddie and Akihiko. Chie wasn't great either but she had her moments.
That's good. P4 had a lot pf funny scenes, but the one thing about P4's humor I didn't like was that some of it was at the expense of the characters. A little too much Yosuke and Kanji bashing for me. Is PQ like that or is the slapstick kinda toned down?

I personally love the game.

The interactions between the characters (especially on strolls) are great. The amount of unique dialogue is astounding, just put different party members into battles and see what comes out.

Yeah a few of the characters are flanderised (Akihiko and Teddie being the worst), but overall they're very good.

The only thing that I've found puts people off is the gameplay, it's EO style rather than Persona style, and some people dont like that. I personally really enjoyed it though.

DNAbro

That's good. P4 had a lot pf funny scenes, but the one thing about P4's humor I didn't like was that some of it was at the expense of the characters. A little too much Yosuke and Kanji bashing for me. Is PQ like that or is the slapstick kinda toned down?

Nah still a lot at the expense of those two.

Some of the best interactions come from how the P3 and P4 group interact. The somewhat subtle things really make it shine.

Rubedo

Personally, I hate all the time/memory shenanigans required just to have the story even exist. Part of the reason I just ignore its existence as far as canonicity goes. And yes the characters are pretty flanderized. Mostly Teddie, Chie, and Akihiko.

The gameplay is pretty cool though.

Dantis

Sumomo Ujima (Pink)
Tomoe Sayama (Blue)
Tamami Uesugi (Green)
Nozomi Nakahara (Brown)

I sincerely hope that this story realises how terrible it is, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't, seeing as Persona has like zero self-awareness.

Setsu00

Here's something that might be worth mentioning: Tamami and Hidehiko from Persona 1 and 2 share the same last name. Someone also pointed out that Tamami's smile is similiar to Hidehiko's. This probably ends up meaning nothing anyway, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Here's something that might be worth mentioning: Tamami and Hidehiko from Persona 1 and 2 share the same last name. Someone also pointed out that Tamami's smile is similiar to Hidehiko's. This probably ends up meaning nothing anyway, but it's interesting nonetheless.

P1, P2, and their casts are dead in the ground, and nobody at Atlus seems interested in necromancy.
Metaphorically, at least.

Personally, I hate all the time/memory shenanigans required just to have the story even exist. Part of the reason I just ignore its existence as far as canonicity goes. And yes the characters are pretty flanderized. Mostly Teddie, Chie, and Akihiko.

Yeah, the whole time thing and memory thing is a bit hard to swallow.

Nah still a lot at the expense of those two.

Some of the best interactions come from how the P3 and P4 group interact. The somewhat subtle things really make it shine.
Cool. Yeah, I don't really mind some light-hearted teasing of those two. I just didn't really like how in P4, those two would get kinda bashed on too much. I liked all the characters, so when the game would have some "comedic" moments where all the males except Yu mostly were portrayed to be pervs/idiots/losers, it kinda made me :(

That was pretty much the only main gripe I had about P4/G. I tend not to like overly male-bashing "humor" in anime/games.

I thought that they actually did something kinda interesting with the memory business, because by the end of PQ
the whole game is a lot like Rei's life, in that nobody in universe is going to remember it, and it only impacted those who were already seperate from Inaba/Iwatodai (Zen and the player). So yeah, it doesn't really change anything, but it was fun while it lasted and sometimes that's just fine.
Then again, the memory shenanigans never bothered me in the first place, so maybe that's why I liked that connection.

If only Tamami was the brown one.

Dantis

You know, I'm so happy that the ski trip outfits are in. Chie has her hat and goggles and everything. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

I liked it. The plot is very thin, and like you said, some characters get poor treatment.

In my opinion Kanji, Shinji and Yukiko and Yukari come out of it pretty well - especially as I never played P3P, so my exposure to depth in Shinjiro's character is millimetres deep.

It makes Ken tolerable, which should not be understated.

Rubedo

I don't get the hate for Ken, tbh.

Also, I liked Ken's and Kanji's story arc in Q.

Same here. Out of all the commonly hated characters (Ken, Kenji, Marie, Sho, etc) I feel like Ken is easily the one who deserves it least. I liked him better than like half the people in SEES.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I don't get the hate for Ken, tbh.

Also, I liked Ken's and Kanji's story arc in Q.

I think it's mainly the consequences of what he does. When I played through P3 for the first time I didn't have a massive downer on him either.

I think my opinion of Marie has been swayed by the mass of hate out there TBH. I played through P4G and thought she was just a mediocre addition, rather than offensively bad (barring the poetry). Then I went online and saw the hate people had built up for her, and for some reason they decided to build on that rather than letting things simmer down - the Golden anime being an obvious bone of contention in shoving her down everyone's throat.

When I sat and played PQ on the P3 route and her poetry popped up I got mad, probably because I'd read a bunch of stuff here about Atlus trying to force Marie on everyone.

Will there be a special event in dancing game? Like PQ had this
marriage
dungeon, will dancing have this love stage dancing? reveal your true <3 destiny through dancing?

bonercop

I sincerely hope that this story realises how terrible it is, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't, seeing as Persona has like zero self-awareness.

i'm just wondering if they're seriously going to pull the same shit as they did in P4G's marie sideplot, P4U and P4U2. these all have the exact same story template:

-investigation team meet new girl(sho isn't a girl i guess)
-new girl has a tragic backstory and some hangup related to that
-new girl lashes out at the party in an explosion of wangst when the party discovers said hangup and she is corrupted by it in some way and turns into a fuck-off huge monster
-the investigation team deal with the wangst by showing them the power of bonds
-new person realizes the ~power of not being alone~

atlus. plz. PLEASE. just divert from this and I'll be happy. I don't even need self-awareness from the plot! Just don't do this again!

PS. I haven't finished PQ but I assume it also fits the template.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom