• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Did they say P5 is definitely coming to the West yet? Can't recall.

Probably not day/date for P5 huh? internet gonna be a minefield for a few months I bet

DNAbro

Probably not day/date for P5 huh? internet gonna be a minefield for a few months I bet

They have repeatedly said in fact. Even going out of there way to say it was 2015 when Sony forgot to say it.

Shauni

I read on IGN that it was coming to the West. That was way back when it was first announced, before the PS4 port was announced, I think. Far as I suspect, it was accurate. I don't know why it wouldn't.

Soriku

It's probably coming late in the year considering P4D doesn't come out till June 25 in Japan...

Sucks that I might be away for school when it comes out. If it comes out late Nov/late Dec over here though, I'm good. But I was really hoping it would come out this summer last year.

They (I think it was Adam Boyes) said it was getting localized onstage at PSX. That's literally the only thing they brought up about it.

EDIT:
The only specification they gave was that it would come. "After the original Japanese release."
Unhelpful, but still...

Hey guys, are there any 8000 px high-res images of the P4D characters? The only ones I found were of Rise, Yu, and Kanami. Google image search failed me on the others.

Also, if you guys can link me to any high-res official arts in general, that would be greatly appreciated!

LX_Theo

Banned
P4D? No chance, too many hoops on the Vita.

P5? That's gonna take restraint not to. I imported their last console title(surreal to think that was Catherine...), may as well go 2 for 2.

What hoops? Its not a digital purchase. Unless you plan to go HAM with the DLC purchases.

Even if it's physical, you still have to swap your cards and profile?

No, you only need to do that for digital content, so if you want to buy DLC or redeem preorder codes you need to swap accounts, but the physical game will work fine without.

Patches and online will also work without swapping accounts, not that Dancing has any online stuff.

Jintor

Hmmm. I guess it'll depend how long the gap between JP/EU/US is - since I'm here, I can just go to a store and grab it I guess, but the DLC thing sounds like it'll be a hassle (and I'm guessing there's gonna be a bunch of costume DLC)

Rainy

Banned
Question! So from what I read, dating in P3Fes is handled differently from P4G in that all of the relationships with girls become intimate at one point or another. I just want to date one girl on this playthrough (say Yukari) so I would have to stop the other S Links with the other girls before they get too high right? Is there a clue as to when I should stop?...(like does it say you're becoming intimate with them etc.)

Question! So from what I read, dating in P3Fes is handled differently from P4G in that all of the relationships with girls become intimate at one point or another. I just want to date one girl on this playthrough (say Yukari) so I would have to stop the other S Links with the other girls before they get too high right? Is there a clue as to when I should stop?...(like does it say you're becoming intimate with them etc.)

I don't think so, sadly. I'm pretty sure once it mentions intimacy, it's too late.

PS. You have chosen wisely. ;)

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm going to wait for the EU release of DAN, not bothered about costumes but might bite on song DLC. I'd consider importing a US version of P5 if we get typical Atlus treatment in Europe again.

I'm still mad over SMT IV.

Nachos

The tentative dates often change, but if it was going to be out at around the same time as EO, I'd have expected marketing to have started by now, since U2 has started getting regular English trailers.

And the English site is using Dancing All Night, so I doubt that name's changing.

I expect P5's E3 coverage to be similar to what DAN got last year, running the trailer at their booth and being on the pass card holders. The main focus for Atlus USA will probably be on Etrian and Dancing.

Oh, doi – I keep forgetting that Atlus USA was actively promoting DAN last year. Then again, I've kinda fallen off following the game from both sides of the company.

But I'm pretty the tentative dates have been pretty accurate lately, except for Mystery Dungeon, which was about a month off.

kiyoaki

So who's gonna import?
P5 Japanese version, Day One. Or rather, day one + 3-7, depending on shipping times. Perhaps there'll be a PSN version, then I'll get that one if it 's going to save me some time.

P4D doesn't interest me much as a game, and I don't even have a Vita, but I'm looking forward to the soundtrack. I love the original OST, and they managed to get some pretty big names for the remixes including some artists I really like (Towa Tei, De De Mouse, Osawa).

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/14076527.html Reindeer Kanji.

Also, Famitsu's article will focus on Nanako, Story mode and new costumes. There's also something about "enlivening the dancing" and apparently dancing with other characters is called "community fever"

atSpAwk.jpg

VRAIazV.jpg

B5g9YrD.jpg

MSMrRound

Oh, doi – I keep forgetting that Atlus USA was actively promoting DAN last year.

AtlusUSA's been sponsoring those E3 badges for the past couple of the events, haven't they? Dragon's Crown followed by Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

If they land the E3 badges sponsorship spot again, maybe we might see the badge being designed around Persona 5? Just a random thought.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
For them not to do that you need to fight them with a party of only 4, any combination of
P3/4MC, Akihiko, Junpei, Kanji, Shinjiro or Yosuke

CorvoSol

The thing everybody forgets to bring up is the fucking torch. I had all that shit but the torch was lit so they were still diarahanin' away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom