• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

AtlusUSA's been sponsoring those E3 badges for the past couple of the events, haven't they? Dragon's Crown followed by Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

If they land the E3 badges sponsorship spot again, maybe we might see the badge being designed around Persona 5? Just a random thought.

I might be going this year, so I really hope it is!

Japan has a thing with hair clips these days. My guess is it is a pre-divafied Kanamin.

It's likely going to result in the cast going "ZOMG! It's like she's a totally different person from her idol self."
Just like how they were with Rise back in P4. Only more obvious I suppose.

CorvoSol

I did not know that.

Edit: about the torch I mean. Post clash.

I assume it was the torch, since I had all the other stuff the first fight but forgot to extinguish it going in. It was the only different factor between the two fights. One they spammed Diarahan and the other they never even used it.

Anyway, guys, what if that lady's just Nanako's school teacher? Kinda like how Ultimax gave a face sprite to the psychopath manager who's been trying to kill Rise for art all this time. Or Mitsuru's maid. Or that weird haired nerd from the Japanese CIA who was hanging out with Naoto.

Kinda makes sense that random-ass nobody like Miss Nanako's Teacher could get a face.

VegiHam

It's likely going to result in the cast going "ZOMG! It's like she's a totally different person from her idol self."
Just like how they were with Rise back in P4. Only more obvious I suppose.
Yeah I never really got that, She was the exact same person, just talking a little more chill and dressed different...

CorvoSol

That's most people's natural reactions when they meet a celebrity in person though.

When I was in Brazil, I had the chance to spend some time with a retired super model. I was frequently stunned by how down to Earth she was. I think, with Rise, you see a shift in the game where the cast goes from being stunned by the real Rise to surprised by the Risette personality when it pops up. Which makes sense, because as time goes on they'd be more used to her being down to earth and less used to her being a super star.

Setsu00

The leaks just confirmed that the girl in the screenshot is Kanami. I am completely and utterly shocked by this announcement. Like, really.

Setsu00

The remaining four members of Kanamin Kitchen are called Sumomo Migishima, Tomoe Sayama, Tamami Uesugi and Nozomi Chugen. They are apparently named after directions (every name includes a kanji for a certain direction) and their voice actresses are still unknown.

Source.

The remaining four members of Kanamin Kitchen are called Sumomo Migishima, Tomoe Sayama, Tamami Uesugi and Nozomi Chugen. They are apparently named after directions (every name includes a kanji for a certain direction) and their voice actresses are still unknown.

Source.

Hmm, cool.

And I really, really, like the name Tomoe.

Setsu00

Some more information about the plot translated by Persona Central:

Nanako Dojima is involved in the story as she is visiting Yu Narukami in the city, along with her father Ryotaro Dojima. She loses contact with Yu when he somehow ends up transported to the Mayonaka Stage, leading Nanako to cooperate with Kanami in order to resolve the mystery of the Investigation Team’s disappearance.

[/URL]

Ahh, so that explains this then.

h7n1DeP.jpg

So do you think that the stages will be based around each member of Kanamin's group?

muteki

Ahh, so that explains this then.

So do you think that the stages will be based around each member of Kanamin's group?

That might explain the portrait of the red-haired character seen a while back in one of the preview videos.

So Dojima's in it too? That almost makes it seem like he had a chance to be playable.
Well it still could be a possibility. They have 90% of his character modeled already.

84X

Banned
Duet dancing is an option. So that means there's two dances for each song then? Solo and duet?

Perhaps this is a way to make up for the main character of a song seeming to be locked in, with the second character being up to the player.

I mean, the pose Kanji is making doesn't look like the rest of his dancing at least.

muteki

For me it depends on how DLC is handled. If Japan gets stuff that the NA version doesn't get, I'll import.

I imagine some of the store-exclusive costumes might not make it (FamilyMart, Lawsons costumes) but otherwise I don't see why any of it wouldn't make it stateside.

I imagine some of the store-exclusive costumes might not make it (FamilyMart, Lawsons costumes) but otherwise I don't see why any of it wouldn't make it stateside.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the NA version of Ultimax received Sky's the Limit and Key Plus Words as DLC. I didn't mind for that game, because it's a fighting game. But a rhythm game?

PK Gaming

Nanako Dojima is involved in the story as she is visiting Yu Narukami in the city, along with her father Ryotaro Dojima. She loses contact with Yu when he somehow ends up transported to the Mayonaka Stage, leading Nanako to cooperate with Kanami in order to resolve the mystery of the Investigation Team’s disappearance.

QUJePwM.png

We're getting closer and closer to having Narukami's sexy office-lady mother show up.

Soon...

I wonder if that means Nanako will get that Magical Detective Loveline costume from the anime to dance in.

MSMrRound

So what terrible reason do you think will be given for them to ignore the epilogue designs?

? isn't that already stated for DLC as part of the Crazy Value Pack along with the Gekkoukan outfits?

...and wow...1 hour into my birthday and AtlusUSA announces Dungeon Travelers 2's localization. Don't really play these type of games but I'll definitely buy just to support. John, Nich and the rest of the team seem to have a lot on the plate eh?

Project X Zone 2/Star Ocean 5 and now this. Good to see more stuff being announced. Now if only they would give me that Valkyria Chronicles trilogy remaster/VC4...

? isn't that already stated for DLC as part of the Crazy Value Pack along with the Gekkoukan outfits?
The game's story takes place after the epilogue, so they should be their default designs in the story. But they aren't. The designers referred to them as "character reversions," or something to that effect.

So what terrible reason will it be?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just did the optional PQ boss fight against
Liz, Marge and Theo

It was fun, got my shit wrecked when they unexpectedly hit me with
an all out attack

First three times I tried I was getting killed in one turn by 9999 Megidoloan spam - until I realised it was happening because I had both P3 and P4 MC sitting there with the Omnipotent Orb on.

Meia

I guess this explains why we haven't seen any of Kanamin's other outfits. They'll all be none-idol Kanamin.

Regular Kanamin has kind of a P3 Chihiro look, I kinda dig it. Hoping that there are non-idol outfits, as the idol one is blech.

Regular Kanamin has kind of a P3 Chihiro look, I kinda dig it. Hoping that there are non-idol outfits, as the idol one is blech.

Part of me wants to excuse that by speculating that it's intentionally gaudy as part of some hamfisted message.
Then I remember blech is still blech.

CorvoSol

QUJePwM.png

We're getting closer and closer to having Narukami's sexy office-lady mother show up.

Soon...

Mrs. Araragi's Mom.

Kamami looks a whole lot better (and cuter) out of costume than in costume.

It's easy to look like a cute, wholesome human being when you're not dressed as Slutty Ronald McDonald.

Basically all the char portrait art since P4G has weirded me out

damn you mouths

Kanji's mouth gets wider in every single game somehow. By P5 Dancing he'll have a fucking gaping maw like FF's Atomos.

Played and beat Persona 4 Golden, which was my first(only played a little bit of Persona 3 FES) Persona Game, and I LOVED it! I wish I can go back in time with a fresh mind and experience this game again.

I saw that Persona Arena and Persona Arena Ultimax continues the story, but are both really necessary? I just want to buy Ultimax, but may get both if it's really required to experience the full story of Persona 4.

Played and beat Persona 4 Golden, which was my first(only played a little bit of Persona 3 FES) Persona Game, and I LOVED it! I wish I can go back in time with a fresh mind and experience this game again.

I saw that Persona Arena and Persona Arena Ultimax continues the story, but are both really necessary? I just want to buy Ultimax, but may get both if it's really required to experience the full story of Persona 4.

If you want the story, go for Arena. Ultimax's may fiercely put you off.

The story of the first game is available as DLC for Ultimax, priced at $10 if I remember right. One thing you might want to keep in mind is that the Arena games are sequels to P4 AND P3, and spoil P3 backwards and forwards.

Also, and this is kinda nitpicky, but you've already experienced the full story of Persona 4. It's all in the base game (or Golden, in your case). The Arena stories take the characters from the end of that story, and just have them experience a new, relatively self-contained story.

Sophia

Her shutting her eyes in that shot also helps tremendously. I'm really weirded out by her eyes in conversation artwork.

She's only had those weird eyes in one promotional shot. Her eyes are pretty normal otherwise. >_>

It's easy to look like a cute, wholesome human being when you're not dressed as Slutty Ronald McDonald.

The craziest thing is, her idol outfit isn't even that sexy. It's just really, really weird. It actually looks cute on Nanako tho so...

Shauni

I went ahead and bought and started Persona 3 Portable. Liking what I've played so far, has a very different feel from 4, but I like that it kind of just jumps into the thick of things.

Any kind of 'this should be obvious, but the game is either too vague or obtuse to really understand' tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom