• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a while to get round to it, but finally, I got the tarot cards framed and mounted.

Yes I know the world and sun cards are backwards, it's getting fixed tomorrow.

That looks nice. I want to do something like that but I don't want it to be permanent and or damage the cards somehow. How did you do it?

That looks nice. I want to do something like that but I don't want it to be permanent and or damage the cards somehow. How did you do it?

Its difficult to see on the pictures, but each of the cards is individually packed into a sleeve and then it's placed into a shaped dent into the background.

So they're not stuck on there, more like they're sitting in a hole.

Sophia

Just read a synopsis of the third Persona 3 movie. Some random musings, there will be spoilers.

I expected Aigis vs Ryoji to be the finale of the movie, but I'm a bit surprised it LITERALLY ends right there. I guess apparently the teaser trailer is actually pretty much from the ending? I gotta give them credit for how they handled Makoto. His depression building up over the course of the movie due to the events seems pretty well portrayed. Also seems Junpei gets a big role in the movie too, as all the stuff with Chidori is here, and integrated into the fight with Strega and the final Full Moon Shadow. All and all, it sounds pretty amazing. I wish they had incorporated more of the drama CDs, but given the way they're telling the story, that would have made it messy.

Gods, why can't this movie anthology come out faster? ;_;

Sophia

I just saw an official English poster for Persona 5.

Flux, pleeease. We all know the localizations take forever and never ever happen before the release of the game in Japan because there's no way Atlus and Atlus USA are big enough to do such a simultaneous release or close to it for a big project like Persona 5
/s

Now tell us more about this mythical English poster for Persona 5. :D

EDIT: Confidential Game stuff, rofl.

jzmYLk3.png

This, right? Yeah, the "Only on Playstation" part is new. Guess it's for E3.

FluxWaveZ

The "Only on PlayStation" part of the English P5 poster makes me think Sony might have had a hand in that, especially since there's "PS3 - PS4" labeled just on the other side of it. They could have just translated what the key art actually says, but they specifically replaced it with the exclusivity marketing text. Could increase the prospects of a relevant presence at E3.

DNAbro

Just gotta get by our secretary first:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O502mqv.jpg[/IMG]

my lack of SMT experience has finally come back to haunt me. I use buffs and debuffs right?

The "Only on PlayStation" part of the English P5 poster makes me think Sony might have had a hand in that, especially since there's "PS3 - PS4" labeled just on the other side of it. They could have just translated what the key art actually says, but they specifically replaced it with the exclusivity marketing text. Could increase the prospects of a relevant presence at E3.

Thought something similar.

Silently hoping if the 5/5/15 date doesn't get us anything that they were saving something for E3 and will announce Japan/U.S release dates at the same time.

Considering that Persona 5 is one of the most important JRPG's to release this year (Quite possibly the most) alongside being one of the most anticipated exclusives Sony has, and the lack of exclusives in Sony's arsenal with the delay of Uncharted 4, I wouldn't be surprised if Persona gets a spot on the stage larger then it ever has before.

Sophia

Just gotta get by our secretary first:

Should have used hard mode difficulty Mot. All those additional turns and he'd never let anyone by.

The fact that twice now we've had Persona 5 information at Sony exclusive events (The second teaser at the Pre-TGS event, and the re-confirmation of P5 NA earlier this year) suggests to me that Sony has had a hand in Persona 5's development/marketing in some manner. Dare I say they might even be responsible for why there's a PS4 version?

Considering that Persona 5 is one of the most important JRPG's to release this year (Quite possibly the most) alongside being one of the most anticipated exclusives Sony has, and the lack of exclusives in Sony's arsenal with the delay of Uncharted 4, I wouldn't be surprised if Persona gets a spot on the stage larger then it ever has before.

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here.

That being said, I can totally see an English version of the Persona Super Live trailer with slightly different gameplay portions.

cj_iwakura

They really, really messed Lizzie up in P4A2. Yeesh. You can't even use Agidyne for long range pressure.

They just had to go and shove Marie into story mode, too.

The fact that twice now we've had Persona 5 information at Sony exclusive events (The second teaser at the Pre-TGS event, and the re-confirmation of P5 NA earlier this year) suggests to me that Sony has had a hand in Persona 5's development/marketing in some manner. Dare I say they might even be responsible for why there's a PS4 version?

Of course Sony is responsible for P5 being on PS4. When the only high profile Japanese game they have currently that is a system exclusive is Bloodborne, they certainly needed something to have in their corner.

Sophia

Of course Sony is responsible for P5 being on PS4. When the only high profile Japanese game they have currently that is a system exclusive is Bloodborne, they certainly needed something to have in their corner.

For a game that's had as rocky of a development as Persona 5 has (remember it was unofficially announced in 2011) I'm not willing to jump the gun there and declare it so with just what we have. Nor am I willing to assume that Sony's influence is merely just the PS4 version. That being said, there is enough evidence to suggest their involvement goes beyond "Please bring our game to the platform! Thanks!" and typical associated gestures.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

But didn't Duckroll say it was gonna happen regardless? Maybe Sony is just marketing it.

FluxWaveZ

For a game that's had as rocky of a development as Persona 5 has (remember it was unofficially announced in 2011) I'm not willing to jump the gun there and declare it so with just what we have. Nor am I willing to assume that Sony's influence is merely just the PS4 version. That being said, there is enough evidence to suggest their involvement goes beyond "Please bring our game to the platform! Thanks!" and typical associated gestures.

P5 was unofficially announced in March 2010 but, yeah, we still don't know what Sony's input is here, even though it's obvious that it exists. Perhaps P5 was planned to release on PS4 from the outset, but they waited on that announcement until certain deals with Sony were cemented. There's also Sega to take into account, which Atlus mentioned they could go to for technical expertise. Anyways, Sony indications:
And now the English poster.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just about done with P2:IS and EP is soon to follow on my playlist. As many others have mentioned, the encounter rate in P2 is pretty high, even more so on the PSP remake. Since EP's PSP remake never released in the west, does that mean if I play the PSX version from PSN I'll have fewer encounters? And are the animations still super long in that game?

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm just about done with P2:IS and EP is soon to follow on my playlist. As many others have mentioned, the encounter rate in P2 is pretty high, even more so on the PSP remake. Since EP's PSP remake never released in the west, does that mean if I play the PSX version from PSN I'll have fewer encounters? And are the animations still super long in that game?

I can't answer the rest of your post since I didn't play them, but yeah, I can confirm that unless you can suddenly read japanese, the PSX version is your only way to go.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I can't answer the rest of your post since I didn't play them, but yeah, I can confirm that unless you can suddenly read japanese, the PSX version is your only way to go.
Kinda bummed I didn't wait/play IS long enough for the fan translation of EP to be released. Though I guess playing the official first might make me appreciate their translation more, seeing what they do different and whatnot.

cj_iwakura

No, the PSX version is still chock full of encounters. The animations are exactly the same, too. And that EP translation is a ways away.

CorvoSol

Once i finish Golden it will be the first time since falling in love with this franchise I wont be playng a Persona game.

Im not ready to let go, so Ill probably rewatch Trinity Soul and become a Conception fan instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom