• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

Slightly off topic..but Record Breaker get!

CDqllRtVAAADVE0.jpg

Dantis

That's some bad rigging.

All this talk about quality of animation and then they do that.

Also, the characters look really dumb dancing in swimsuits.

Elizabeth can still destroy people who don't know what they're doing online. All this tier talk doesn't matter when you're not going to tournaments.
you say this a lot, but its really not true. 15 minutes against elizabeth and you learn all her tricks. Im a scrub and shes still like a 7-3 matchup in my favor even when the player is clearly better.

At even skill matchup, elizabeth's poor capabilities just get her destroyed

FluxWaveZ

you say this a lot, but its really not true. 15 minutes against elizabeth and you learn all her tricks. Im a scrub and shes still like a 7-3 matchup in my favor even when the player is clearly better.

At even skill matchup, elizabeth's poor capabilities just get her destroyed

Do you want to fight me with me using Elizabeth, even though I absolutely have no idea how to play her in P4AU, and show you how wrong that is?

Do you want to fight me with me using Elizabeth, even though I absolutely have no idea how to play her in P4AU, and show you how wrong that is?
you arent reading my second line at all then, when I say clearly better I dont mean a lot better

And even so, I wonder if even you could beat me with elizabeth consistently

FluxWaveZ

you arent reading my second line at all then, when I say clearly better I dont mean a lot better

And even so, I wonder if even you could beat me with elizabeth consistently

But you said:
shes still like a 7-3 matchup in my favor even when the player is clearly better
And I just don't think that's true at all. Every P4AU character is viable when it comes to low level play, and Elizabeth is no exception, especially due to how her Persona works.

Yes, I am positive that without knowing much of anything regarding how to play Elizabeth, I could beat you consistently with her because, unless you're a tourney level player, it comes down to neutral game, which I probably have in good enough amounts to beat lower level players successfully with Liz.

Venfayth

I remember when I played P4A all I would do is spam maziodyne with Liz. Since the game just came out, I won a ton of matches with it.

You would not believe how much hatemail I got, it was amazing.

But you said:

And I just don't think that's true at all.
I really do think that, when I say clearly better Im not saying some top of the line player, Im saying someone that is generally better than me. I have major execution problems in netplay (drop Marie's j.C loops constantly) yet I still find Elizabeth to be an easy matchup.

Basically if we are going by online colors, I'm yellow and deservedly so, someone who is elizabeth and orange is an easy matchup for me, however Red elizabeths (ive only fought one) still beat me

FluxWaveZ

I really do think that, when I say clearly better Im not saying some top of the line player, Im saying someone that is generally better than me. I have major execution problems in netplay (drop Marie's j.C loops constantly) yet I still find Elizabeth to be an easy matchup.

Basically if we are going by online colors, I'm yellow and deservedly so, someone who is elizabeth and orange is an easy matchup for me, however Red elizabeths (ive only fought one) still beat me

I wouldn't really say I'm top of the line, and card color doesn't mean much since it isn't dependent on character (like, my red card doesn't mean I would be a red level Liz player even if I played her). I also oftentimes fall down from red to orange because I like messing around online, and sometimes that will derank me.

How many people have you fought playing Elizabeth? Through the thousands of matches I've played, I've probably only faced a few dozen.

I wouldn't really say I'm top of the line, and card color doesn't mean much since it isn't dependent on character (like, my red card doesn't mean I would be a red level Liz player even if I played her).

How many people have you fought playing Elizabeth? Through the thousands of matches I've played, I've probably only faced a few dozen.
in lobbies, quite a bit, in ranked, none. I only play lobbies now

Not as common as
Adachi
who seems to be every other player in lobbies, but I see her enough

Certain characters I cant fight at all I never see so I never learn, Yukari, Yukiko, Kanji, and Ive definitely seen Liz more than them

FluxWaveZ

Not as common as
Adachi

Certain characters I cant fight at all I never see so I never learn, Yukari, Yukiko, Kanji, and Ive definitely seen Liz more than them

Basically, I can only assume that you were fighting Elizabeths who didn't know what they were doing, or who you were simply better than (card color is irrelevant for a number of reasons). My point stands: Elizabeth can easily destroy people who don't know what they're doing online. She's still a beginner killer like Kanji or Ken, who can do things over and over again, wrecking players with bad defense.

Basically, I can only assume that you were fighting Elizabeths who didn't know what they were doing, or who you were simply better than (card color is irrelevant for a number of reasons). My point stands: Elizabeth can easily destroy people who don't know what they're doing online. She's still a beginner killer like Kanji or Ken, who can do things over and over again, wrecking players with bad defense.
her matchup to me just feels like Calamity Trigger Tager versus Nu

Mdesilva

Not as common as
Adachi

hi I play Yukari, you should fight me!!!

also card colors are not always a good indicator of skill. i don't play randoms much so i only have a green square, but i play with high level players /a lot/ (not trying to brag but I've gotten pretty good at the game)

hi I play Yukari, you should fight me!!!

also card colors are not always a good indicator of skill. i don't play randoms much so i only have a green square, but i play with high level players /a lot/ (not trying to brag but I've gotten pretty good at the game)
I know its not generally a good indicator, ive seen your green and The_Buttface is running around as blue, but its a decent indicator for the general populace

You'll destroy me, but I could learn something. Ive seen you play somewhere

Sophia

You see? It's spreading like a virus.

She's gotta protect her sister, you know?

Metis as a character is as fascinating as she is creepy. All her actions are done technically to protect her own existence, as she is Aigis herself. At the same time, some of her actions would unintentionally doom Aigis too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom