• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

84X

Banned
I haven't shown much art here besides the odd thing I do for PK, so I felt like sharing something before FeMC month fully kicks in:
Unless it already has, I haven't payed attention.

OHBciSe.png
Drew it on a whim and didn't clean the lineart, but rest assured I regret it already.

Anyways, I still need to get around to ordering the Yu figma.
Don't need Aigis since Yu would be the one destroying her.

Dantis

I hate that GIF, and I hate you, Dave.

I actually dislike Nanako's dances more than Kanamin's, jeez. They're super bad.

84X

Banned
Y'all a buncha grouches.

Nanako's cute and all, but that was a pretty eh trailer; would have preferred Teddie.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Anybody else looking at those puffy shorts and being put in mind of that gif of the tanuki waving his bollocks around?

You dance like shit big bro, I mean seriously I do this idol thing so much better than you big bro. Every day is great at your Junes you just got served big bro. Big bro? More like big no!

muteki

Based on the PSC footage, I guess the geometric shape overlay is not something in the final game. Bummer.

I wonder if Nanako gets any songs other than the June's theme. I guess she could partner up with others, though probably only the "real world" dances, not the Mayonaka Stage ones.

FluxWaveZ

I guess she could partner up with others, though probably only the "real world" dances, not the Mayonaka Stage ones.

Partners can be chosen from any character for any song, including ones that take place in the Midnight Stage. There's been media of Nanako and Kanami inside the Midnight Stage.

I was expecting a Nanako trailer this week since they've already been keeping Teddie's for this long, and this follows the P4AU format of character unveil -> character trailer. There might not even be a Teddie trailer next week, but if there is that'll be the last one out of the revealed cast. My guess was:
- May 1 = Nanako/Teddie Trailer
- May 8 = Not a character trailer
- May 15 = Nanako/Teddie Trailer
- May 22 = New Character Trailer

Setsu00

As much as the original isn't already?

Well, in the original game the line is only mentioned once. Meanwhile the Arena games gave Narukami the tag line "The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel" and now Nanako's P4D trailer features that "Marry me, big bro" line. I might be overly sensitive to this stuff though.

Dantis

Well, in the original game the line is only mentioned once. Meanwhile the Arena games gave Narukami the tag line "The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel" and now Nanako's P4D trailer features that "Marry me, big bro" line. I might be overly sensitive to this stuff though.

Not really, it's a garbage thing to keep bringing up again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I just thought it was a reference to the original more than anything. Unless they devote a major part of the storyline to that I'm not going to worry about it for now.

We just need Dojima there to smack him back in line.

VegiHam

Urgh. I liked Nanako in the original because 'doing cute stuff with Nanako' always came with this melancholic undercurrent of 'your dad's an asshole' and 'holy shit this girl needed friends'. Not really a fan of going full on cliché onii-chan with her. She was perfect in Persona Q. I'll withhold judgement till I play the game though.

I'm 50-50 on whether P4DAN will just be what it seems at face value or a really cleverly written subversion of what it seems to be...

Partners can be chosen from any character for any song, including ones that take place in the Midnight Stage. There's been media of Nanako and Kanami inside the Midnight Stage.

I was expecting a Nanako trailer this week since they've already been keeping Teddie's for this long, and this follows the P4AU format of character unveil -> character trailer. There might not even be a Teddie trailer next week, but if there is that'll be the last one out of the revealed cast. My guess was:

so you can confirm each character are tied to specific songs

BUT

partners can be chosen from ANY CHARACTER for ANY SONG

so kanji is tired to Song A, B, C… and whenever Kanji dances in those 3 songs, he can choose ANY PARTNER correct?

FluxWaveZ

Urgh. I liked Nanako in the original because 'doing cute stuff with Nanako' always came with this melancholic undercurrent of 'your dad's an asshole' and 'holy shit this girl needed friends'. Not really a fan of going full on cliché onii-chan with her. She was perfect in Persona Q. I'll withhold judgement till I play the game though.

I'm 50-50 on whether P4DAN will just be what it seems at face value or a really cleverly written subversion of what it seems to be...

But this is a trailer about her dancing. How else is she supposed to be depicted here?

Some of these comments make me think about how people made all these assumptions about Narukami's Shadow in P4AU because of the end of his character trailer where he screams "Nanako!" even though that wasn't actually a thing in the game's story. The only thing I'm wondering about is if Nanako will have her P4G epilogue design; the longer hair was neat.

Dantis

There is no chance whatsoever of this.

Regardless of what you think of it, it will be exactly what it looks like.

this game is actually Speed 3. if you dance less than 60 steps per minute we all blow up, the final unlockable character is Sandra Bullock

Antiwhippy

She was kinda barely there in PQ.

Also dojima gets a bad rap man. He's just got things to deal with.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, if those are the 10 star ones...

Though they were so bad at the slow tempo songs that we didn't get to see any faster tempo ones. Hopefully there's some challenge there...?

I'm worried that the difficulty will come from overly harsh penalties. If you look at the gameover screen, they failed after missing only 8 notes. Might just be because they were all missed in a row, but but that still sounds a little harsh.

FluxWaveZ

Not that those short clips are enough to gauge difficulty, but the Hard difficulty level isn't particularly "hard" even in Project Diva f, while Extreme is a whole other beast. Same could go for P4D and the ALL NIGHT difficulty level.

Antiwhippy

Well that alleviates some concerns then.

The difficulty sometimes does tie to the tempo of the songs, so I'll have to see how the faster songs play to fully gauge it too.

Dantis

Not that those short clips are enough to gauge difficulty, but the Hard difficulty level isn't particularly "hard" even in Project Diva f, while Extreme is a whole other beast. Same could go for P4D and the ALL NIGHT difficulty level.

We talked about this on the previous page. If that's the case, then that's a crap difficulty curve, and kind of bad design.

Antiwhippy

That's not how it works though. It's not a fixed difficulty throughout the songlist. The difficulty ramps up as you go down the songlist, not just the difficulty tiers.

That's really not how it works though. It's not a fixed difficulty throughout the songlist. The difficulty ramps up as you go down the songlist, not just the difficulty tiers.

I've not played a Project Diva game but if it's like most rhythm games surely the big difficulty bump comes from increasing the actual difficulty?

Dantis

That's really not how it works though. It's not a fixed difficulty throughout the songlist. The difficulty ramps up as you go down the songlist, not just the difficulty tiers.

I don't see how what you say here contradicts what I just said. There still has to be a curve for the same song across multiple difficulties. If a song on Easy next to a song on Hard is slow and simplistic, and then jumps to madness on All Night, then that's bad design. The songlist is linear regardless of difficulty, so what you're saying doesn't affect... anything?

FluxWaveZ

That's not how it works though. It's not a fixed difficulty throughout the songlist. The difficulty ramps up as you go down the songlist, not just the difficulty tiers.

Indeed. Not only can we not judge the presumed difficulty of the songs we're seeing based on these edited clips, but it's not like every song will be of a same difficulty within the same difficulty range. In Project Diva f, for example, the song "Negaposi*Continues" on Normal difficulty is way crazier than most of the other Normal difficulty songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom