• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Yukari's basic school uniform design is still my favorite of all the P3/4 characters. Prolly has something to do with Soejima's art of her being the first thing Persona thing I ever saw and boy I was like woooooaaaaahhhh maaaaan.

FluxWaveZ

Season's greetings from the ATLUS crew! http://bit.ly/1tcs6tT Let's look ahead to a Persona-filled year...
B5oSGZlIMAAtimP.jpg:large

Obtaining concert tickets to Persona Super Live is suffering.

Within 24 hours I shall find out if the vendor I sent the payment to has successfully obtained the tickets from my quote. If not, my payment will be refunded and another quote will be drawn. Because of how busy they are, I can only make one action per day - asking for a quote, sending money for said quote, confirming the purchase, waiting for status of purchase - which is partially why I keep complaining about it on Twitter. These seats in particular are fantastic. Premium, block A3 in the arena, so it's entirely possible I'll be captured in the inevitable blu-ray recording of the concert. My fingers are crossed the transaction will be successful, but I won't know until I wake up on Christmas morning. This vendor in particular has been nothing but professional, and I am absolutely willing to recommend them the moment this deal has been completed.

I have another vendor also willing to purchase tickets. Non-premium, non-arena, half the cost, and I have to pick them up at a convenience store in Japan instead of having them mailed to me. These are not the tickets I would immediately buy, but it's always nice to know I have an absolute back-up option if the first deal falls through - I already had a vendor decline to purchase tickets on my behalf, so I'm trying to cover all of my bases.

The moral of this post is that absolutely nothing will stop me from attending Persona Super Live, and that I am a massive weeaboo. I will be sure to document my time in Japan with photos, and showcase the debut of my Glasses-kun cosplay that I've been working on for the past few months.

Yukari's basic school uniform design is still my favorite of all the P3/4 characters. Prolly has something to do with Soejima's art of her being the first thing Persona thing I ever saw and boy I was like woooooaaaaahhhh maaaaan.

Yeah, same happened to me, caught my eye immediately. Not surprised to hear Soejima say it's his favorite design from that game.

Obtaining concert tickets to Persona Super Live is suffering.

Within 24 hours I shall find out if the vendor I sent the payment to has successfully obtained the tickets from my quote. If not, my payment will be refunded and another quote will be drawn. Because of how busy they are, I can only make one action per day - asking for a quote, sending money for said quote, confirming the purchase, waiting for status of purchase - which is partially why I keep complaining about it on Twitter. These seats in particular are fantastic. Premium, block A3 in the arena, so it's entirely possible I'll be captured in the inevitable blu-ray recording of the concert. My fingers are crossed the transaction will be successful, but I won't know until I wake up on Christmas morning. This vendor in particular has been nothing but professional, and I am absolutely willing to recommend them the moment this deal has been completed.

I have another vendor also willing to purchase tickets. Non-premium, non-arena, half the cost, and I have to pick them up at a convenience store in Japan instead of having them mailed to me. These are not the tickets I would immediately buy, but it's always nice to know I have an absolute back-up option if the first deal falls through - I already had a vendor decline to purchase tickets on my behalf, so I'm trying to cover all of my bases.

The moral of this post is that absolutely nothing will stop me from attending Persona Super Live, and that I am a massive weeaboo. I will be sure to document my time in Japan with photos, and showcase the debut of my Glasses-kun cosplay that I've been working on for the past few months.

You have no idea how jeaulous I am. I imagine getting tickets isn't easy. Apparently last year's show sold out in 10 minutes.

So I guess the P4 cast getting their evolved Personas at the end of their social links isn't canon anymore? Arena shows for the most part that Yu maxed out all his party members social links (and there's Teddie too) and in PQ Yu and Yosuke talked about their fight in the riverbed, which happened at the last rank of their Social Link.

Xenoflare

So I guess the P4 cast getting their evolved Personas at the end of their social links isn't canon anymore? Arena shows for the most part that Yu maxed out all his party members social links (and there's Teddie too) and in PQ Yu and Yosuke talked about their fight in the riverbed, which happened at the last rank of their Social Link.

It was just a design choice, I thought this was discussed many times before back the first Arena is released?

This also shows that the p3 cast is more seasoned in a way since their personas are in their ultimate form.

Also how did Aigis get back Athena? It wasn't in Elizabeth's compendium, and since she's AWOL, is Theodore the one who assists in Aigis's velvet room?

TL:DR: Details *shrugs* Arena has none of it in the department of these canon things

It was just a design choice, I thought this was discussed many times before back the first Arena is released?

This also shows that the p3 cast is more seasoned in a way since their personas are in their ultimate form.

Also how did Aigis get back Athena? It wasn't in Elizabeth's compendium, and since she's AWOL, is Theodore the one who assists in Aigis's velvet room?

TL:DR: Details *shrugs* Arena has none of it in the department of these canon things
Well I wasn't even on GAF by that time. :p Sorry if this has already been discussed, I mainly brought it up because of the PQ mention but I guess it doesn't really matter either.

Twas an hour before Christmas, when all through the forum
Not a shadow was stirring, not even a jotun.
The glasses were set by the TV with care,
In hopes that our friends would not be on there.

The protag was nestled all snug in his bed,
While Aigis kept watch, "on a mission", she said.
With Junpei and Aki, up watching the fort,
While Shinji was cooking, for Koro, of course.

When out in the streets there arose such a clatter,
Yu pounced from his bed to see what's the matter.
If it was one of his friends, I don't think he could hack it,
But in fact it was Teddie, just causing a racket.

The moon on the eve of the dark hour loomed,
As powerful shadows were plotting our doom.
When over the hill, what sound do I hear?
But that of a motorbike, and Mitsuru in full gear.

As Chie and Rise were preparing to go,
Right down to Junes, with poor Yosuke in tow,
Yu told them all earlier, "Be ready to fight".
As this final battle would happen tonight.

The squad from Port Island, prepared for all tricks,
Headed on into Tartarus, for their battle with Nyx.
Only Strega was there, in the way as they go,
But they took them all down, with a quick and clean blow!

The team were victorious, and Inaba was saved,
Although in the end it was quite a close shave.
The fog had been lifted, things right in the town
With Naoto and Kanji, not wearing a frown.

So here as I write this, I want you all to know,
I've loved this past year, with our personas in tow.
And here's to next year, lets all make it alive,
Then hopefully soon, we can play some P5!

MERRY XMAS/HANNUKAH/KWANZAH/WHATEVERITISYOUCELEBRATEATTHISTIMEOFYEAR EVERYBODY!!!!

FluxWaveZ

She has the Wild Card. I'm not sure how this doesn't make sense. You're going to go down a real deep path of nonsense if you're going to try to correlate game mechanics to narrative in Persona games thus far.

And I guess we don't have many, or any, people who will be going to the Persona concert in January. It's interesting that the musicians will be in Arizona for the 17th for their concert, and then back in Japan for another less than a month after.

Xenoflare

She has the Wild Card. I'm not sure how this doesn't make sense. You're going to go down a real deep path of nonsense if you're going to try to correlate game mechanics to narrative in Persona games thus far.

And I guess we don't have many, or any, people who will be going to the Persona concert in January. It's interesting that the musicians will be in Arizona for the 17th for their concert, and then back in Japan for another less than a month after.

I wasn't serious about it, I was jabbing at the fact that Arena itself doesn't care much with the smaller things.
There is no reason for her to not use Athena, but personally I find Orpheus a bit more fitting, but that's just me.

CorvoSol

The reason is because if Yosuke unleashed the fully glory of his super nova afro frog ninja persona the ladies could never, ever resist him. So the entire P4 cast opted to do it hard mode instead.

NichM

Banned
Merry Christmas, P-GAF! Having such a dedicated and enthusiastic community really makes the long hours we put in worth it. I'm looking forward to working on P4DAN and P5 this year so you can enjoy them!

Soulflarz

Banned
Is/was the Persona Q ESRB "questionable language" document ever posted here? I was randomly on google and stumbled upon it lol, dont know why this is even online to start with?

Okay I love that bazongas has its own category :p

Like I have no clue on what the heck these are (well besides the obvious, im sure someone will correct me) as I found them randomly when googling, but yeah...

For anyone who cares, one of them is http://www.ncgamesarcads.com/Atlus/...f the Labyrinth Pertinent Language Script.doc
Spoilers within I'm sure, assuming SOMETHING is spoiled in a scene with swearing.

Gazoinks

Merry Christmas, P-GAF! Having such a dedicated and enthusiastic community really makes the long hours we put in worth it. I'm looking forward to working on P4DAN and P5 this year so you can enjoy them!

D'aw, Merry Christmas, Nich! I don't think I've said it before, but I really appreciate having both you and John around. It's great being able to talk directly to you guys.

For anyone who cares, one of them is http://www.ncgamesarcads.com/Atlus/...f the Labyrinth Pertinent Language Script.doc
Spoilers within I'm sure, assuming SOMETHING is spoiled in a scene with swearing.
Baha. I was mildly amused, and then I got to bazongas and lost it.

PK Gaming

It's a reference to the original Shin Megami Tensei, should you encounter a demon on a full moon and try to foolishly negotiate with it. :p

Yeah I figured, I was just relaying the in-universe justification for that line. Or Yosuke's reaction to it, rather.

You beat the game already?

Yep. 105 hours and counting.

Merry Christmas, and same to you

We really appreciate having you and Atlusprime in our goofy community. I hope the localization work for P4DAN and P5 goes smoothly for guys.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else at Atlus USA! Hope you all enjoy your holidays!

Weiss

Banned
So I tried playing Persona 2 again and made it a few hours in before giving up. It's a huge shame because I should love it but I can't bring myself to do so. The cast is wonderful, the soundtrack is eclectic and unique, the urban fantasy setting is really cool, and the game is just dripping with style and personality that so many games, both from its release and nowadays, completely lack.

Everything about P2 is great, except for the agonizingly slow and outdated battle system. Where every fight lasts way too long and character progression can take hours.

CorvoSol

So I tried playing Persona 2 again and made it a few hours in before giving up. It's a huge shame because I should love it but I can't bring myself to do so. The cast is wonderful, the soundtrack is eclectic and unique, the urban fantasy setting is really cool, and the game is just dripping with style and personality that so many games, both from its release and nowadays, completely lack.

Everything about P2 is great, except for the agonizingly slow and outdated battle system. Where every fight lasts way too long and character progression can take hours.

I straight up cheated in P2 and EP for cards. Because for a first run through the game hell to the fuck no am I gonna grind for cards. I'll do it the next time through, but I honestly do recommend cheating a bit to get through the games the first time around. Not having to worry about cards means you can just build the good personae whenever the walkthrough says to, which frees up brain space to worry about learning the ins and outs of the battle system enough to make it work.

To be entirely honest I actually much prefer EP's battle system to IS'. IS has a couple of improvements over EP, like the ability to see turn orders and the emotion chart and a minimap, but EP's battle system runs sort of like FFXII's gambits. It's got too many options at first, but once you realize that it boils down to setting the best options for guiding your party through battles it becomes a much easier, albeit somewhat uninvolved process. It's not as bad as IS' fetishization of menus where every single thing requires you navigate the most user unfriendly menus possible to get anything done.

EP is the first and only time I ever found Demon negotiation even remotely acceptable as well, so there's that.

Dantis

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you all have a good one! Just think, this time next year e'll probably be talking entirely about P5!

The 2 campaigns in PQ are more than just "a little" different

It it seems that entire conversations are different. There's definitely some overlap, but i'm experiencing a ton of new scenes that I didn't get to experience on my original run

Huh. That's really awesome. Maybe I will go through a second time then.

Merry Christmas to you and the other Atlus fellows, Nich!

Merry Christmas everyone!
I have just started playing Perusona 4 Za Goruden. I'm really happy I had already put all that time in the English version, if not I probably wouldn't have understood half of what Igor said at the beginning. Luckily everyone else speaks normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom