• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Oh cool, do you have a link to Yukari's art book pages?

No, I own the art book. Someone else probably does, though Yukari's is basically a final concept drawing of her in-game casual clothing, along with a few of her final Featherman Pink costume.

Apropos of nothing, something else that is from Xrd that would be cool in a P4A game is how every single character has a unique win quote for all others. I much prefer those to generic win quotes.

Squire

Banned
Probably not the main cast, but there will in all likelihood be plenty of regulars cast in the dub. The talent pool is small. #natureofthebeast

Meia

No, I own the art book. Someone else probably does, though Yukari's is basically a final concept drawing of her in-game casual clothing, along with a few of her final Featherman Pink costume.

Apropos of nothing, something else that is from Xrd that would be cool in a P4A game is how every single character has a unique win quote for all others. I much prefer those to generic win quotes.

I'll certainly say Persona Q is really really spoiling me with all of the optional voicework in the game with battles and the like. Every character seems to have one or two things they'll say if they score the blow that ends it, navigators do if a MC ends it, navigators also sometimes comment about the fight itself(if it was close), each character has unique lines for like every status ailment, many characters have lines concerning other team mates based on what's happening in the fight at the moment from round to round, etc. It's really absurd and awesome.

PK Gaming

Oh cool, do you have a link to Yukari's art book pages?

The magician, KP Gnimag at your service~

tumblr_ngjx6grmBN1si48w3o2_1280.jpg

Verder

So we are getting persona 5 and DeSu2: break record in 2015.

Maybe DAN.
Anyone think we will see any new SMT/persona announcements in the upcoming months?

FluxWaveZ

I'll certainly say Persona Q is really really spoiling me with all of the optional voicework in the game with battles and the like.

I love contextual dialogue, and it was surprising to me to see that there was more effort put on that front in PQ, an RPG, than in P4AU, a fighting game. Just referring to the battles here, but there are so many unique things that are said based on the situation just during fights in PQ, while there's a lack of it in P4AU. The latter could implement more MU focused dialogue, win quotes, custom poses, music, etc., but PQ beat it in that area.

The magician, KP Gnimag at your service~

I don't really have a problem with her Featherman outfit, but it'd sure be something to have the option to play as her dressed normally like that.

I remember Aram Jabbari saying in interviews, during E3 2012, how Persona 4 Arena was Atlus USA's most expensive/ambitious localization project yet. I think of Etrian Mystery Dungeon likely releasing in NA just five days after its Japanese release, as well as the really short turnaround times for the P4A games. I think of newly gained resources from Sega.

Makes me wish a simultaneous release could occur with P5. They do know now that NA is a very important region for Atlus game sales:

Again, it would be fantastic if Persona 5 could have something akin to a worldwide release—given that P5 is most likely their biggest game to date in any region—but that doesn't seem likely. It'd be interesting to hear why something like that isn't possible/feasible/profitable.

Where did you find out that mystery dungeon will release 5 days after JPN release?

Also between spring 2015 and early 2015 - which one is the earlier one?

Because Playasia thinks DeSu2BR is coming to NA April 2015.

Xenoflare

Where did you find out that mystery dungeon will release 5 days after JPN release?

Also between spring 2015 and early 2015 - which one is the earlier one?

Because Playasia thinks DeSu2BR is coming to NA April 2015.

That reminds me, EB Games Canada is listing DS2BR at April 5th, but that's a Sunday.

The crazy part is that it's listing it for $60, it's not the first time they done it but it is the first time a 3DS game's pricing for a regular edition hitting that mark

Now that's interesting… if the retailers are suggesting April release… then this must mean Atlususa has given them some info to make that claim.

Although a 2 month gap is much greater than overclocked which came before JPN release.

This also suggests that early 2015 is really not that "early". Its later than spring 2015.

EARLY 2015 SHOULD MEAN EARLY!!!!! Not later than spring goddamit!

arue

FluxWaveZ

These formal outfits for P3 characters are so great. I wonder if Ken has one besides his school uniform.

You mean in the art book? No. Closest thing to an alternate concept like that in there is an unused P.E. uniform.

Aw bummer. I think it's because he's still a student.

I think it's mainly because of Ultimax's scenes. He didn't need a concept specifically like that because there aren't any scenes of him in casual clothing in the game, though there's evidently a bunch of concept art in general that were made for the game that isn't in the art book.

If anyone has gotten far, a question regarding wedding scene:

does dialogue differ between the same character during wedding scene depending on which mc?

so p3mc x yukari will be different/not different compared with p4mc x yukari

same for p3mc x rise, v. p4mc x rise
and p3mc x Margaret v. p4mc x margaret

arue

I think it's mainly because of Ultimax's scenes. He didn't need a concept specifically like that because there aren't any scenes of him in casual clothing in the game, though there's evidently a bunch of concept art in general that were made for the game that isn't in the art book.
There were some concept art that were not in the art book? I think I'll look for those.

PK Gaming

So check this out

In Persona Q, there are a series of accessories that swap stats. There's a combination for every stat combo (Strength / Magic, Agility / Luck, and so on). Anyway, so everyone knows that Yukiko and Yukari are premier magic users right? So what happens if you flip things around? When you give them the Magic ~ Strength swap accessory then and the right skills to accompany it... They turn into some of the strongest physical attackers in the game!

overdrive yeah that's what it is
coincidence? nah that's what u live
all planned out baby accordingly baby
step on my foot son
that's a mistake baby
fate life whatever u wanna call it
fake one's just, it's so stolen
revelation time watch my ballin'
YES SIR I'm ALL READY ALL IN

FluxWaveZ

Is the Ultimax art book worth getting?

Depends on what one values, I guess. Language isn't a barrier because there is practically no text in there at all, only illustrations. There are more pages than the first art book at 238 pages, but it recycles a lot from the first art book. It's padded out with a lot of high resolution images we're already familiar with from the game itself, and it doesn't have a lot of art unique to it.

In terms of concept art, Sho, Ken, maybe Akihiko, Junpei, Asterius, Ariadne, evolved Himiko and
Hino-Kagutsuchi
are the only ones with new illustrations in the entire art book which give us a peak behind the design process for the game. The only thing else that's unique to the art book are 26 pages of storyboards for some of the animated scenes. The rest is just padded out with stuff we've seen before; there aren't even anymore storyboards for the in-game sprites like there was in the first P4A art book, for the old characters or for the new. It feels like they kept stuff closer to their chest for some reason, with this one.

If one would end up with the art book eventually, it's not like waiting for a localization is necessary since, like I said, there is literally no continuous text in the whole thing except for a brief message on the final page which probably says something that sums up to "thanks for your support." Outside of the recycled character/Persona concept art from the first art book of their final designs in a T-pose, there aren't any comments from the developers at all associated with any of the illustrations, aside from typical stuff for the storyboards. There isn't an interview section, either.

Basically, it's a standard art book with high res. illustrations one would expect, but there's not much of note in here other than the few pages unique to it like I mentioned above. I find it less interesting than the first P4A art book because of that—it felt like they were more willing to elaborate on what occurred behind the scenes with that one, and it even had unused stage concept art—but it still has pretty images. Again, not worth waiting for a localization if one really wants it and could import it for the same price because there's essentially no text in here.

Fou-Lu

So I am FINALLY getting around to actually finishing Persona 3, it's been a long time coming considering how much time I've put into Persona 4. (And I've actually come close a number of times).

Anyway, I was wondering what some of the better late game personas are and how to fuse them. Yoshitsune level of game breaking is fine with me, I find such things fun,

So I am FINALLY getting around to actually finishing Persona 3, it's been a long time coming considering how much time I've put into Persona 4. (And I've actually come close a number of times).

Anyway, I was wondering what some of the better late game personas are and how to fuse them. Yoshitsune level of game breaking is fine with me, I find such things fun,

Just make sure you take Elizabeth out when she asks. Otherwise some of the high-tier personas are lost forever.

I just completely lost my shit in PQ. My destined partner on the second labyrinth was
Junpei
. The
painting of Makoto holding him on his arms just made me laugh even more, oh god.
This was waaaaaay too good LOL.

If you maxed Emperor, you get Odin. Not incredible, but he gets Thunder Reign, which allows you to deal high amounts of damage and guarantees the shock status on one foe. So you can use tactics (like against the reaper) that involves using thunder reign to shock and having 2 allies attack for critical hits that lead into all out attacks. The last ally can attack, causing a crit and leaving the enemy down so it wastes the next turn.

Also, not exactly game breaking, but Siegfried from Max strength (earliest one), Chi You from max tower, and Susano-o from max fool give you Vorpal Blade, which deals heavy slash damage to all enemies and gets a pretty good bonus while in the great condition. This is good endgame since you have more time to sleep without things like knowledge to increase at night time, so you can be in Great status more often. In Great I believe you also have higher crit chance and some other bonuses like increased dodge and hit rates, which you can stack with abilities like Apt Pupil. Not quite as good as Hassou Tobi, but the closest you can get to that in this game.

Here's probably the biggest one, better than Hassou Tobi, but you need to be a pretty high level (higher than what is recommended if you want to beat the final boss with a moderate challenge). If in P3 or P3FES, Satan from the Judgement Arcana combined with Lucifer(in original) / Helel(from FES) from the Max Star social link can use a fusion spell named Armageddon which uses 100% of your SP and deals 9999 damage. You can combine it with Victory Cry on whichever one you have equipped, since it replenishes all health and SP at the end of the battle (pretty good by itself for exploring) and break the game. I believe you can get Victory Cry from several demons, I got mine from the max devil Beelzebub.

There might be big level differences between the levels of the max-Slink personas since the levels weren't really balanced, with some links probably intended to be finished earlier than others. For example, I mentioned Odin and Siegfried, who are both around high 50s to low 60s. But then there are personas like Helel which requires you to be almost level 90. You shouldn't worry about it too much, especially with stat boosting mechanics like playing games and the cards to bring lower level personas up to par (in the case of Satan and the max-Star, level won't matter much since most encounters should be ended in one turn with Armageddon). The main problem is that in order to get to high levels you really need either tons of time or the extra dungeon Monad. You unlock this dungeon near the end of the game from one of Elizabeth's requests to beat the reaper and retrieve the bloody button. I recommend using Odin and abusing the tactic mentioned above involving thunder reign and tons of crits if you want to beat it easily.

Heyo folks

We did the final S.Link for the year, 25 eps in total for 2014. This one we ended talking about our GOTYs and gave shout outs to people that were part of the show this year. Was fantastic, big thank you to everyone that was part of it!

Really enjoyed that episode guys. Great job.

My next 3 games are actually, Dragon Age, PQ and Dangon Ronpa. Glad to hear they're all awesome.

Here's to more podcast magic in 2015 :)

Lunar15

So check this out

In Persona Q, there are a series of accessories that swap stats. There's a combination for every stat combo (Strength / Magic, Agility / Luck, and so on). Anyway, so everyone knows that Yukiko and Yukari are premier magic users right? So what happens if you flip things around? When you give them the Magic ~ Strength swap accessory then and the right skills to accompany it... They turn into some of the strongest physical attackers in the game!

overdrive yeah that's what it is
coincidence? nah that's what u live
all planned out baby accordingly baby
step on my foot son
that's a mistake baby
fate life whatever u wanna call it
fake one's just, it's so stolen
revelation time watch my ballin'
YES SIR I'm ALL READY ALL IN

This is a good post.

A damn good post.

Sophia

It's as if millions of Sophias cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

That Labrys axe is awesome. Must be really unwieldy to act with, though!

Something about that expression is more in the uncanny valley than the actual character. That just seems backwards.

I think she's trying too hard to show off her eyes. She's otherwise a pretty good Aigis.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Playing through Trauma Team again, it always amuses me how Yukiko's voice actress is doing the Chie lookalike as opposed to the Yukiko lookalike.

We need an anime series featuring this cast. :(

Dr. Spike "House" Speigel, Dr. Ninja Yukiko, Paramedic Chie, Felony High Security Dr. Nolan North...what's not to love?

CorvoSol

She has better style than the persona 4 girls.

Not hard to be more stylish than a group that includes fashion reject Marie. "I'm gonna wear SOCKS on my LEGS and ARMS. HOORAY FOR 1993!"

P3P

November Question:
If I save Chidori, does the scene play out differently? I straight up fucked up the male side again because I didn't realize Junpei's nighttime conversations were the important ones. Think I succeeded at female side, though.

Our young siblings have again reached that point in the game when MAJOR REVELATIONS come out about who everybody is and oh oh boy. Like basically every other major event in the September onward game, doing the relative Social Links adds so much. I suppose it's unfair to say that Female side is better because it has the experience and hindsight necessary to build up to these moments, but it's still better. That said, I feel that, thanks to PQ, I've finally come round to Male Side and Makoto. He's not up to FeMC and P4 Protag's snuff for me, but I like him now. Especially when I view him as a hilarious embodiment/sendup of everything that was considered cool for protagonists in his era.

I also feel like I better appreciate the way Social Links tie in to this game's themes now. Like some of the Social Links feel utterly meaningless and unimportant, but since the game is all about life and death and the meaning and interplay of the two, the pointless, aimless, meandering of time spent with say, Fatty McTubass suddenly makes sense. Because sometimes in life you will wander, meander, and waste time, and that's okay.

I realize some people are tired of these two casts, but as I've only known them for a year I have to say they've really grown on me between the four (five) mainline games and the two spin-offs I've played. And I still have to get around to stuff like The Answer and Ultimax.

FluxWaveZ

Well yeah. Everyone at Gekkoukan are fancy rich kids, Inaba is a little country town.

There's that, but Yukari's also actually into fashion and values her looks and how others see her pretty strongly, while I don't think it's that important for any of the P4 girls (outside of their complexes). There's Marie, though, who was expressly designed to be into fashion, too (although whether she pulls it off herself other than the apparent success of the advice she gives in P4GA...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom