• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

About returning actors i can see names like Erin Fitzgerald , Yuri Lowenthal , Laura Bailey , Wendee Lee , Mercer , Karen Strassman and Sam Riegel returning for small roles. (maybe even Tara Platt or Cindy Robinson)

And the wishlist for Main Caracthers :
Cristina Vee
Julie Ann Taylor
Crispin Freeman
Kate Higgins
Todd Haberkorn (i love the voice of Minazuki)
Kyle Hebert
Ashly Burch

I love to see one o a few of them in the main cast.

I want all new people for the main characters so when we get the inevitable crossover game, we don't get a bad case of same voice. Though a lot of the voice actors you mentioned have range, I'd still want a bunch of new voice actors or at least voice actors that played minor roles in past games or characters that have no chance of coming back like Jin or something.

Makio

Y
I would kill to have Julie Ann Taylor voice a major character

Hell yes i want her voice in one
girl of my next set of waifus

Here she is in a monologue like Narukami / Adachi (Bosch talking to Bosch) or Minato / Yosuke (Lowenthal talking to Lowenthal) from Blazblue (Taylor talking to Taylor)... fucking hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNH8IjpSqmg}
----------

I know they the new actors gonna be great for the crossover thing and that experience to hear a new unkwon voice but lets be honest Atlus LOVE to recycle voice actors ... so i can see a lot of the actors working right now in the lastest Atlus Dub Games coming back for P5 , i based mostly that wishlist in this (Actors who played a Role in a Atlus Game).

PK Gaming

She's pretty damn talented. She's voicing both of those characters, but the scene flows so well.

Hell yes i want her voice in one
girl of my next set of waifus

Here she is in a monologue like Narukami / Adachi (Bosch talking to Bosch) or Minato / Yosuke (Lowenthal talking to Lowenthal) from Blazblue (Taylor talking to Taylor)... fucking hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNH8IjpSqmg}
----------

I know they the new actors gonna be great for the crossover thing and that experience to hear a new unkwon voice but lets be honest Atlus LOVE to recycle voice actors ... so i can see a lot of the actors working right now in the lastest Atlus Dub Games coming back for P5 , i based mostly that wishlist in this (Actors who played a Role in a Atlus Game).

VIvLejy.png

The Help Me Professor Kokonoe sequences are pretty amazing (I was pining for something similar to be found in the Persona 4 Arena games...)

She also voices the Super Duper Ultimate Radical IBUKI MIODA

Xenoflare

I wouldn't mind seeing more Blazblue dub actors here and there.

The Atlus dubs so far are LA centric, I don't know if they are willing to use actors in Texas to expand the cast.

IIRC Xillia 2 was like that.

PK Gaming

Let's talk concept art

I would pay an inordinate sum of money to get this as an alt costume in a future arena game. Really wish this was her default design, it's so damn stylish. So damn beautiful. Stylish and beautiful.

Makio

Cristina Vee and JA Taylor are tops.

I dont know why that reminds the game Conception II , the Atlus Recycle in his finest.
(Those two play the roles of sisters in that one)

We have like 9-10 Persona VA in that game , even 4 of those making a "waifu" role , The lovely Fuuka Teacher (Wendee Lee / Chloe) ,the timid Nanako / Aigis with that weird voice (Strassman / Narika) , the sweet Marie (Eden Riegel / Ellie) and Chie with Helium (Fitzgerald / Feene).

And Teddie (Sam Riegel) as the great MC.

I love that game funny and with that "Persona Ripoff" vibe , i love that cast but something seems off in that dub ... the direction or that feel they picked wrong actress in wrong roles.

Chloe (Wendee Lee) and the Tsundere Cristina Vee (Serina) are my waifus in that shit.

I love to see a Blazblue VA invasion in P5 too , Ragna have a amazing badass voice , my top choices Noel and Tsubaki, Jin VA i dont like his voice but i can see him in a party member role , Rachel VA maybe , Litchi VA ... and Hazama.
-------------

That Mitsuru outfit is beatiful and stylish i dont know why they went with that "funny" outfit rule in Arena / Ultimax in the P3 cast ... but i dont mind so much in Mitsuru because she no have sense of mode , so that the first i remember when i see her outfit and "entrance" in Arena.

Nachos

And the wishlist for Main Caracthers :
Cristina Vee
Julie Ann Taylor
Crispin Freeman
Kate Higgins
Todd Haberkorn (i love the voice of Minazuki)
Kyle Hebert
Ashly Burch

I love to see one o a few of them in the main cast.
As much as it disappoints me to say it, there's a lot of barriers in the way of Atlus getting Crispin back. He's been a union actor for a while now, and unless Atlus USA makes their games union productions like they did with Catherine, he wouldn't even see an audition.

Considering Atlus has typically been able to make great dubs without jumping through the monetary and legal hoops to make union games, I don't know if they'd bother, especially for long RPGs. Hebert deserves a better fate than getting saddled with Mitsuo, though.

I do think it'd be neat if Erica Mendez and/or Lucien Dodge made the cut, considering they were in the Persona 4 comic dub. A lot of the up-and-comers from Dangan Ronpa would be good picks, too.

The Atlus dubs so far are LA centric, I don't know if they are willing to use actors in Texas to expand the cast.

IIRC Xillia 2 was like that.
I don't think many studios would be willing, just in general. Directors typically prefer being in the same physical place as the actor, and though they could direct remotely with ISDN/VOIP, that's typically used for clients in other locations. Plus, there's the problem of an engineer needing to normalize the audio of an unfamiliar studio with the audio of their own studio. At least if they stuff all of their actors in the same booths, they know the sound characteristics of the recording space and know how to mix it best.

Whether the recording happens in LA or elsewhere, it's probably not going to happen in both. That's why most out-of-state actors make the trek to LA instead of doing things at a local or even home studio. Or, it seems that's what a lot of the more prolific Funimation actors are doing lately, anyway – Todd Habberkorn and Cherami Leigh included – just as Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham did a few years ago before relocating permanently.

I love her in the Animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVZBSEE3XE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNSsWZ6bMiw

She too one of my favorite non party girls in the Persona series (with Chihiro and Marie).

Makes me sad
in the end her Social link she sends you to the Friendzone

Honestly, I think it's best
to friendzone HER both times. She became such a good person, it's staggering.

Also, I wouldn't mind Todd Haberkorn, if only to have him as someone who isn't Sho.

Xenoflare

Let's talk concept art

I would pay an inordinate sum of money to get this as an alt costume in a future arena game. Really wish this was her default design, it's so damn stylish. So damn beautiful. Stylish and beautiful.

Jesus hell why isn't this her default design, it's stylish and appropriate at the same time, Akihiko's suit in the ending too they are perfectly stylish yet appropriate clothings, why create a design segregation. I'd rather everyone in p4 gets over the top designs too.

I don't think many studios would be willing, just in general. Directors typically prefer being in the same physical place as the actor, and though they could direct remotely with ISDN/VOIP, that's typically used for clients in other locations. Plus, there's the problem of an engineer needing to normalize the audio of an unfamiliar studio with the audio of their own studio. At least if they stuff all of their actors in the same booths, they know the sound characteristics of the recording space and know how to mix it best.

Whether the recording happens in LA or elsewhere, it's probably not going to happen in both. That's why most out-of-state actors make the trek to LA instead of doing things at a local or even home studio. Or, it seems that's what a lot of the more prolific Funimation actors are doing lately, anyway – Todd Habberkorn and Cherami Leigh included – just as Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham did a few years ago before relocating permanently.

Right, but the talent pool is a problem, don't get me wrong, modern Atlus gamea made me appreciate dubs and really made me a fan for a lot of the dub VAs, but the p3mc/Yosuke situation would pop up more often if they ever decided to do more crossovers.

Personally I love hearing more of the persona dub actors in other games, this is partly why I really enjoyed Drakengard 3's dub.

Oh Danielle Judovits, another actress that I really like,
Her voice is so similar to Eden Ridgel's it's not funny

Edit: On the Japanese front, Atlus really likes Miyuki Sawashiro, I am not complaining at all (Elizabeth, Chidori, Catherine, Isabeau, Makoto(DS2))

DS2 in general has a few JP VAs overlapping with persona, I really wish JYB voices Joe, because uhh [REDACTED] are we still doing this?

FluxWaveZ

Hey guys, remember when Hashino said something like this last...?

Late 2013. Supposed to have details early 2014. At least this time, we've got the concert, so it's pretty much inevitable.

Two of my three predictions have been right so far:
Predictions for remaining Persona news this year: release date for P4AU ver. 2.00, interview/comment about the future, and a new PSC episode announcement/release.

No comment on Dancing All Night? I get that P5 is the bigger game, but it seems odd how quiet they've been on that since TGS.

A bit late on replying to this but:
I can't help but think of game releases universally happening on Thursdays in Japan... but I'm gonna avoid baseless speculation.

The concert will be past close of business on Thursday, if it were to tie in with any surprise game releases, it would make much more sense to put the concert on a Wednesday.

FluxWaveZ

The concert will be past close of business on Thursday, if it were to tie in with any surprise game releases, it would make much more sense to put the concert on a Wednesday.

Nah, that's not really what I mean. It would be inconceivable to just surprise release a game with this much anticipation surrounding it.

Levito

Banned
I'm happy to see DR, DR2, and PQ in your lists. 25 episodes is a lot, so great job on all of them! I look forward to next year's podcasts, especially when P5 is out in NA.

Awww thanks! 2015 will be interesting for sure.

Also just in the event they don't hear this: special thank you to John and Nich for not only coming on the podcast this year, but for being really great to the community in general.

arue

My dream P5 voice cast would include Chris Tergliafera, Ian Sinclair, Alison Viktorin, Michael Sinterniklaas, Sarah Williams, Laura Post, and Kevin Bacon.

MSMrRound

Since we are talking about voice actors, count me in with the posts that mentioned Cristina Vee(Karna, Ys: Memories of Celceta/Nova, Tales of Xillia 2). Would personally love to see Christine Marie Cabanos (Chiaki Nanami, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair)

PK Gaming

I love her in the Animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVZBSEE3XE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNSsWZ6bMiw

She too one of my favorite non party girls in the Persona series (with Chihiro and Marie).

Makes me sad
in the end her Social link she sends you to the Friendzone

I goddamn love Ai Ebihara

Her romance route is the only one that isn't saturated with sappy sweetness. You can actually
end up in a relationship with her, you just have to not take advantage of her when she's in a vulnerable state.

FluxWaveZ

I remember Aram Jabbari saying in interviews, during E3 2012, how Persona 4 Arena was Atlus USA's most expensive/ambitious localization project yet. I think of Etrian Mystery Dungeon likely releasing in NA just five days after its Japanese release, as well as the really short turnaround times for the P4A games. I think of newly gained resources from Sega.

Makes me wish a simultaneous release could occur with P5. They do know now that NA is a very important region for Atlus game sales:
At the moment, Persona 5 has been announced for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan only. We haven't made a decision as to who or how we are going to distribute the title in the West, but what we have noticed and what we are definitely concentrating on is that we know now that the West, as a market, is indispensable to our overall business plans. It's an extremely important part of what we are doing.
Again, it would be fantastic if Persona 5 could have something akin to a worldwide release—given that P5 is most likely their biggest game to date in any region—but that doesn't seem likely. It'd be interesting to hear why something like that isn't possible/feasible/profitable.

^I hope the releases are within a reasonable release period between regions but Europe's still gonna be Atlus's redheaded step child ;__;
At least we can import...

The "coming shortly" part of that news was speculation by Siliconera, the quote says "with proper timing", or in Gematsu's translation: "in due time" no specific time spans are mentioned, and there's nothing about it being soon after the new year.

Acid08

Banned
Let's talk concept art

God that looks so much better.

Sophia

Most of those are pretty good. That Labrys is perfect. The Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie trio are really good too. But Akihiko leaves a little bit to be desired.

.... why are there ninjas?

FluxWaveZ

God that looks so much better.

Not sure if you know, but she does wear this in Ultimax at some point (spoilers). The art book actually has the casual clothing as concept art for Akihiko and Yukari as well.

I'm sure a P4A game with 3D models could certainly accommodate alternate costumes like those.

.... why are there ninjas?

I imagine they're either there to displace props on stage without being apparent to the audience, or they play the role of the hijackers. Most likely the former.

Sophia

You realise that's the traditional role of them, right? And that's why ninjas dress in black in popular media?

Yeah but they're plain as day in the cast photo shoot there! Surely they should be hiding in like... Kanji or Akihiko's coats or something! :p

Acid08

Banned
Not sure if you know, but she does wear this in Ultimax at some point (spoilers). The art book actually has the casual clothing as concept art for Akihiko and Yukari as well.

I'm sure a P4A game with 3D models could certainly accommodate alternate costumes like those.

I imagine they're either there to displace props on stage without being apparent to the audience, or they play the role of the hijackers. Most likely the former.

Oh cool, do you have a link to Yukari's art book pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom