• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally gotten past the 2nd dungeon in PQ. Really enjoying what I've seen so far.
Theo's haiku and the request attached to it is the highlight of the game so far.

Minor new detail from VG+:

In the Story Mode, there are 27 cleverly designed stages that you can play in 4 different difficulty levels for your favorite characters to fight off Shadows and dance the night away!

Pretty trivial, but we didn't know the length of the story mode before. That would also mean that not every song is playable in the story.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who loved that request.

I think part of what I loved so much about it was the characters going beyond their schtick.
Aigis just hanging out, drinking with everyone, Rise and Marie getting along, and Theo actually being appreciated.
Any one of those, would've been fine, but all three together was a joyous occasion!

MSMrRound

I personally thought that we wouldn't see P4Dance! marketing materials until E3 officially starts, so kind of glad AtlusUSA decided to get started on that a bit early...so I imagine in my head that they are probably like:
"Let's get that out of the way so that we can focus more on other important titles at E3."

Yes? =P

That being said, really looking forward to P4Dance, but still got to wait until there's confirmation of a P4DAN R3 English special edition for South East Asian users like myself. Those dang DLC issues. Sigh.

FluxWaveZ

I personally thought that we wouldn't see P4Dance! marketing materials until E3 officially starts, so kind of glad AtlusUSA decided to get started on that a bit early...so I imagine in my head that they are probably like:
"Let's get that out of the way so that we can focus more on other important titles at E3."

Yes? =P

Heh... well, I guess hope springs eternal.

I had a feeling we would be seeing some P4D NA news today, actually. John Hardin's tweet yesterday convinced me even more.

Skii

One third of her social links are entirely brand new characters (Akihiko, Ken, Shinjiro, Ryoj, etci), and another third (such as Fuuka) are the same character, but brand new events. She also has the honor of having a social link with every member of SEES too.

Oh, she has social links with everyone? Yay! I already committed to her in NG+ so I was worried I'd miss out on some crucial social links.

I will probably have to use a guide to max all the social links as it seems a couple of them for her are pretty hard to max in the time-frame you have.

Fall release date for P4D is interesting. I think we'll see a repeat of last year's Persona release schedule - P4D released around late September and P5 in November.

FluxWaveZ

Amazon placeholder is September 29. Date will probably stick or they wouldn't be so specific. (Usually placeholders are the 31st.)

Not really; I think most placeholders that aren't for games without general release windows outside of a year tend to be targeted at Tuesdays, nowadays. Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a game which had a very specific release date placeholder, which eventually proved to be wrong when Atlus USA announced the actual date of release.

Not really; I think most placeholders that aren't for games without general release windows outside of a year tend to be targeted at Tuesdays, nowadays. Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a game which had a very specific release date placeholder, which eventually proved to be wrong when Atlus USA announced the actual date of release.
9/29 is also the first Tuesday of Fall 2015. It's possible that Amazon translated the Fall 2015 release window into that date.

In addition, Devil Survivor Record Breaker didn't meet it's initial placeholder, and Lost Dimension's final date is about 3 weeks after what was first listed.

FluxWaveZ

So basically amazon + other retailers have never been right when it comes to this

That's not true either. There are a whole bunch of cases where the placeholder dates have actually been accurate. The current Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls placeholder date of September 1, 2015 is most likely the game's actual release date, based on precedent with the DR1 and DR2 placeholder dates turning out to be true. It's happened with previous Atlus games, too.

It's just that this P4D placeholder isn't to be taken as a confirmation.

So basically amazon + other retailers have never been right when it comes to this

They got Q right, and I think Ultimax was accurate.

As best as I understand it, Atlus provide a placeholder date which is their best guess at the time of opening preorders. So it's a date provided by Atlus, but they may or may not make that estimate.

DNAbro

That's not true either. There are a whole bunch of cases where the placeholder dates have actually been accurate. The current Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls placeholder date of September 1, 2015 is most likely the game's actual release date, based on precedent with the DR1 and DR2 placeholder dates turning out to be true. It's happened with previous Atlus games, too.

It's just that this P4D placeholder isn't to be taken as a confirmation.

I meant mostly with Atlus games. For whatever reason they have NIS games months before the release dates are announced.

Squire

Banned

They're not. In my experience they're almost never Tuesdays. But I'm talking about games in general here not just Atlus.

FluxWaveZ

They're not. In my experience they're almost never Tuesdays. But I'm talking about games in general here not just Atlus.

Yeah, looking at a few games on Amazon, it seems I was wrong since most do say December 31, 2015 as a placeholder even though they have a window. I guess the games I've paid attention to are the ones that seem to usually be given specific dates.

I didn't think about that.

I personally think September 29 is a likely P4D release date. With that being the case, it is very unlikely that Persona 5 releases in Japan before that date.

Gameplay spoilers:
Ryoji's social link is only on the female route. It's automatically initiated when he joins the school. But you have to meet him at every chance possible, or it becomes impossible to rank up. For the most part, you shouldn't miss it unless you deliberately don't talk to him every chance you get. Three of his events are automatic, and another three come from accepting his calls/offers when presented.

I think I just ignored him on my playthrough, I don't remember why and I'm now wishing that I hadn't

FluxWaveZ

Man, I really wish Break Out Of... or a remix of it was in P4D. It's the one song whose omission really gets me. I wonder if the fact that P4AU was originally supposed to release close to P4D prevented it and Persona Q music from happening.

Also the P4A rendition of Reach Out To The Truth remains my favorite. It'll take a lot for a P4D mix to usurp it for me.

Man, I really wish Break Out Of... or a remix of it was in P4D. It's the one song that feels the most lacking to me. I wonder if the fact that P4AU was originally supposed to release close to P4D prevented it and Persona Q music from happening.

Also the P4A rendition of Reach Out To The Truth remains my favorite. It'll take a lot for a P4D mix to usurp it for me.

Hopefully there will at least be an Ultimax DLC pack, although I can live without getting Today.

Break Out Of... and Light the Fire Up in the Night are the biggest omissions to me, at least if we're only counting vocal tracks. LTF is especially odd, since Maze of Life is in.

FluxWaveZ

I'm mainly shocked there's absolutely no version of "I'll Face Myself" in the game, actually.

I really like that song myself and I wish there was a version of it in P4D too, but it's interesting to look back at the top 25 fan voted Persona series songs and compare it with the P4D list. Out of those 25, "I'll Face Myself" didn't even rank, so it might not have been considered popular enough to be included.

LTF is especially odd, since Maze of Life is in.

Wait a second... I somehow forgot Maze Of Life is actually in the game. All of the Persona 4 related game main themes are in P4D except "Break Out Of..."! Aw, man.

We discussed it before, but the list of music does feel kind of... odd, in some respects. Kind of like there's a slight lack of variety, or too many repeats, or something.

"Break Out Of..." and I'll face myself are definitely the two songs that I really wish were in the game.

But yeah, something does feel off with song choice and I can't at all place what it is, I think that it might just be a variety thing.

There's so many duplicates. of the 29 confirmed songs, 9 are repeats, and 2 of those are repeats of repeats. The variety just feels lacking.

I know there's a few unconfirmed things too, and DLC, but I'm just going off the list on the website for now. And even then, some of the DLC is even more duplicates.

Atlas157

Not sure if this has been discussed here or not, but I think I should share this with you guys anyway. This is just speculation so don't take this as a fact.

So I was thinking the other night about why the characters are fighting Sandman and Pyro Jack in the latest Persona 5 trailer...
A9hVRgi.png

After thinking about it for a while I remembered the Velvet Room is a prison and the twin assistants are prison guards, and they're the ones in charge of the compendium. What if the Personas escaped from the compendium and you have to fight them in dungeons to bring them back?

There's so many duplicates. of the 29 confirmed songs, 9 are repeats, and 2 of those are repeats of repeats. The variety just feels lacking.

I know there's a few unconfirmed things too, and DLC, but I'm just going off the list on the website for now. And even then, some of the DLC is even more duplicates.

I wish they had composed more original music. "Dance!" sounds great and I wish there were more tunes like it.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Not sure if this has been discussed here or not, but I think I should share this with you guys anyway. This is just speculation so don't take this as a fact.

So I was thinking the other night about why the characters are fighting Sandman and Pyro Jack in the latest Persona 5 trailer...
A9hVRgi.png

After thinking about it for a while I remembered the Velvet Room is a prison and the twin assistants are prison guards, and they're the ones in charge of the compendium. What if the Personas escaped from the compendium and you have to fight them in dungeons to bring them back?

Huh. I like that.

Sophia

A9hVRgi.png

I think it's more likely the protagonists are being aided by Shadows some way, and thus the enemies are simply demons.

FluxWaveZ

I wish they had composed more original music. "Dance!" sounds great and I wish there were more tunes like it.

It seems they wanted to make P4D more of a tribute to the music of Persona 4, which is why Kozuka was originally asked to make "Dance!" a straight up remix of a bunch of P4 tracks put together (which he eventually rejected because it was too difficult to do). That would explain why there's a lack of original music but, I agree, considering "Dance!", some new tracks in that style could have been really great.

There is one unknown song that was on the official website's music list that was promptly removed, though. At least there'll probably be a few more original songs we haven't heard of yet, including some that'll be used for story mode.

I think it's more likely the protagonists are being aided by Shadows some way, and thus the enemies are simply demons.

Hashino specifically stated that the enemies were Personas and not demons, though.

I quite like the idea that Personas going berserk and being the antagonists is connected to the protagonist's mind in some way, since I think it was said that the velvet room exists there too.

Still no Famitsu costumes today.

Weiss

Banned
Since P3 the Velvet Room has been thematic to the main character (Elevator ascending a tower, limo driving through the fog, and now a prison for a thief), so I'm not sure it will have major relevance to the plot.

We know that in the Personaverse, traditional SMT demons are shaped by humanity's belief in mythology rather than straight up existing as independent entities. Given the depiction of the train driver in the trailer clearly under some form of possession or control which involves "losing one's heart" if I remember correctly, I theorize that perhaps the Demons we see in the trailer are some form of Persona torn from the victim of "losing their heart."

This is just a personal theory, but given how Persona 4 was about a secret team of do-gooders aiding a small town police department against a secretive, singularly villainous murder, I think that Persona 5, with its team of roguish thieves in extremely unsubtle, garish costumes running around in Tokyo, will be about fighting against a massive, faceless entity, like a corporation of some sort.

Andrefpvs

I think that Persona 5, with its team of roguish thieves in extremely unsubtle, garish costumes running around in Tokyo, will be about fighting against a massive, faceless entity, like a corporation of some sort.

Name that corporation SEBEC and we'll come full circle.

DNAbro

The pessimism surrounding Persona 5's 2015 U.S release date is crazy. I feel like publishers have completely destroyed any faith people have in release dates.

Currently the only evidence that might show that P5 won't be releasing in 2015 is lack of info/news on the game. But considering how Atlus seems to only really start marketing games like 2-3 months before release, that is not shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom