• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Offtopic, but shit, Flux got the ban hammer?

that's extremely weird cause I went through his post history and there was nothing of note.

Theory: Flux actually now works for Atlus and asked for a self ban so he doesn't spoil anything.

also no proof whatsoever

Luckily he still has his Atlusprime alt account to post on.

latest

Nothing in his post history stood out, maybe it was requested.

Or Atlus ninjas caught up with him. He was too close to the truth, dug too deep.

I picture Flux typing away, with Ongyo-ki right behind him ready to do him in.

EDIT:
I know, but the idea of Atlus ninjas has potential, don't you think?

look at his replies. Apparently he asked Seda for it. For some unknown reason.

He probably does know something. Maybe. He was acting like he had info earlier when it came to that Famitsu thing.

In hindsight, I do believe he might have yapped a bit too hard about Famitsu. Which makes me taking that avatar bet even stupider.

mob21

Banned
First post! Naturally its in the Persona thread. I'm putting my money on 3 minute teaser trailer for the Blu-Ray disc thats to come with P4D, with the intro music (this time with lyrics!) playing in the background. Release still Fall 2015, rest of focus will be on P4D at their booth.

First post! Naturally its in the Persona thread. I'm putting my money on 3 minute teaser trailer for the Blu-Ray disc thats to come with P4D, with the intro music (this time with lyrics!) playing in the background. Release still Fall 2015, rest of focus will be on P4D at their booth.

Those are some bold predictions, welcome though.

mob21

Banned
Those are some bold predictions, welcome though.

Go big or go home! I am a bit nervous that they would solely focus on P4D, but to market a game like that you don't need a huge convention. It can be done through magazine releases and random updates.

Persona 5 however screams grand reveal.

Guess we'll see :)

While those predictions may be bold, I want to #BELIEVE all the same because I have an insatiable lust for Persona 5. ;__;

Although Fall 2015 may be a bit too bold, my guess is Winter 2015 for NA, but Fall 2015 in Japan

Setsu00

look at his replies. Apparently he asked Seda for it. For some unknown reason.

He probably does know something. Maybe. He was acting like he had info earlier when it came to that Famitsu thing.

The bingo card Flux made for PSL2015 included "people holding Vitas". The DAN trailer that was revealed during the event did indeed feature people holding Vitas.

I should put my tinfoil hat off.

mob21

Banned
So, are people speculating that the reason why Flux requested a ban is because he knows what atlus has in store for E3?

Intrastin...

So, are people speculating that the reason why Flux requested a ban is because he knows what atlus has in store for E3?

Intrastin...

If that's the reason there probably is going to be something hype coming up that he doesn't want to spoil.

[SPECULATING INTENSIFIES]

Welcome to GAF.

If that's the reason there probably is going to be something hype coming up that he doesn't want to spoil.

[SPECULATING INTENSIFIES]

Well why else would he feel the need to muzzle himself?

Tamanon

Banned
Man, best thing about Persona 4 Dancing All Night coming out is that Famitsu will probably switch to frequent Persona 5 updates instead!

Dantis

I'm going to go ahead and remind you all that Flux almost certainly knows nothing, and is almost definitely loving the fact that you all think he does.

His ban was also definitely, definitely self inflicted. And he probably did it to make you think that he knows something.

0ETVZde.jpg

Is it just me or does Margaret's arm look really weird here?

*edit: I guess they hope people don't notice this stuff in motion.

I've mentioned it before: The animation rigging in the game is a bit shit, and that's what this is related to.

84X

Banned
It's not that surprising they're cutting corners on the rigging when the characters move around so much.
I mean they're totally doing it under the assumption you won't notice it nearly as often during actual gameplay...

A lot about Margaret makes it seem like she was sorta rushed into the game though.

Also for people not tracking the game: Yu has Time to make History.

I've mentioned it before: The animation rigging in the game is a bit shit, and that's what this is related to.
The rigging looks perfectly fine to me, okay that finger point is tad bit weird, but even then it doesn't bother me that much. But that's my opinion.

I actually do like her dancing as it seems she's the only one who trying to dance instead of just flailing her arms about to "dance"

Weiss

Banned
Jesus Christ, the Death Social Link in P4 is fucking heartbreaking.

"And in the same voice he would use to tell me he loved me, he asked:
"Who are you, Ma'am?"

Dantis

Also for people not tracking the game: Yu has Time to make History.

FUCK OFF

Stop giving Narukami so many tracks. The fucking character limitations are actually infuriating.

EDIT: I just realised that I should probably ask where you've heard this?

The rigging looks perfectly fine to me, okay that finger point is tad bit weird, but even then it doesn't bother me that much. But that's my opinion.

I actually do like her dancing as it seems she's the only one who trying to dance instead of just flailing her arms about to "dance"

The rigging on the elbow is fucked, and makes her arm contract at extreme angles. It isn't deliberately that thin, that's a rigging error that only appears in certain conditions.

84X

Banned
FUCK OFF

Stop giving Narukami so many tracks. The fucking character limitations are actually infuriating.

EDIT: I just realised that I should probably ask where you've heard this?

This image alone may not be too convincing, but these two images have the song paired to the correct dancer as well:
http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/P4D-Game-Maniax-3.jpg
http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/P4D-Game-Maniax-2.jpg

And in the unlikely event he doesn't actually have TtmH... well he's been shown dancing alone on five different stages anyways.
I'm just still wondering why he at least doesn't have Reach Out...

But yeah, Yu hogging so many tracks is the only thing that really bothers me about the lock.

"Who are you, Ma'am?"
The Death S.Link and the Hanged Man S.Link both had me stop and go "Oh shit, that's rough."

"Who are you, Ma'am?"

Even worse when you realize
she's recounting all this to someone who looks exactly like him.

You make due with what you can have with the polygons that are there in the arm. What it needs is some elbow and knee fixers to roll it up properly so that doesn't happen. But that doesn't usually work well if the model is low poly in some areas not having enough loops.

I'm more disturbed by the shoulder/arm pit area there. It looks good in motion with all the movements going on.

Example, I'm surprised they wouldn't use this method honestly. Since it seems like it could have enough polygons to do something.

http://puu.sh/igAHV/3eaf6c3cd7.png

Whether or not Persona 5 is a 2015/2016 game, imo, has no real bearing on its E3 presence, but rather more of the fact that Atlus Japan will not show any new P5 info until after P4DAN is released.

I seriously think they give no-shits about E3, and is instead planning everything to whatever Japanese-focused timeline they've got, and that the Bluray in P4DAN > E3 to them.

mob21

Banned
Whether or not Persona 5 is a 2015/2016 game, imo, has no real bearing on its E3 presence, but rather more of the fact that Atlus Japan will not show any new P5 info until after P4DAN is released.

I seriously think they give no-shits about E3, and is instead planning everything to whatever Japanese-focused timeline they've got, and that the Bluray in P4DAN > E3 to them.

Clearly give a shit at E3 if they are there....

Atlus USA will still be at E3, and if they have any P5 media there, which is very likely even if it's not new, they should at least have a release window attached to it. That should either reconfirm a 2015 date again, or confirm a delay.

I agree with you about Atlus Japan not caring about E3 though, I don't think that there will be much substantial before the bluray.

aravuus

Okay, I should have expected this, it's a SMT spin-off for god's sake, but DS Overclocked is a bit too hard to be enjoyable right now. Planning for the weaknesses etc is easy-ish, but the way the enemies keep getting criticals all the time, negating my extra turns and getting lucky kills is getting frustrating.

I dunno, I guess I'm just one of those people who think that an easy difficulty should be, you know, actually easy. Apparently, easy mode only gives you a bit more exp (and macca), which is.. Well, nothing, really. The exp enemies give drops drastically after you level up a couple of times, and those level ups won't really make things easier at all.

What's the point of an easy mode like this? Other than to get shmucks like myself buy the game in hopes of steam-rolling everything and just enjoying the story, I guess.

e: with the Steam sales coming up, I have a feeling DSO is gonna drop pretty low on my backlog priority list

Clearly give a shit at E3 if they are there....

I said Atlus Japan.

And when it comes to something that they're guarding so closely like Persona 5, Atlus USA will probably be allowed to drop new P5 media only when Atlus Japan has cleared them, and if it means skipping one of the biggest game shows in the world, so be it. (for Atlus Japan)

Lunar15

I agree with this, even though I think it's hilariously misguided. While Persona might still be slightly niche over here, I will bet anything it sells more over here than it does in Japan where consoles are all but relics.

I'm sure AtlusUSA would love to have a blowout for P5, it's just they don't have the assets and resources yet from Japan. That's my guess at least.

CorvoSol

"Who are you, Ma'am?"

I don't think any other S-Link hit me as hard as Death. It kinda revived some hard memories for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom