• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

I thought that too, but the official art doesn't fit into it anywhere, unless there's a different illustration for the badge.
Zc4iz6r.jpg

That sort of works if you flip it around. Maybe the back is about DAN?
This is what I think as well, but it doesn't fit perfectly. Maybe it's slightly modified.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Only just watched all the P4D clips on the new PSC. It was nice to see someone play it who isn't terrible at games. Looks great.

I also realised that we can now safely assume that not all characters will get three songs, which is lame. It's also dumb that Nanako gets three songs when some of the Investigation Team don't.

That's a bit weird.

Makio

Im still surprised until now they no mention Marie and
Adachi
in Dancing All Night.

I mean from mr spoiler i can expect for the storyline , but Atlus is really miss the chance of give us other Marie cameo and love lol.

Is there a chance is gonna be some DLC character or silly of think on that.

Tried this in another thread but this might be the better place for this question...

How long is Persona 3: FES really?

I'm finding myself in a strange predicament. I love the game, and enjoy playing it, but I'm about 20 hours in (somewhere in July before the full moon) and I heard mainlining the story can take up to 85 hours. Since I don't have as much time to game as I used to, and the I want to beat this, and Persona 4 before P5, I'm starting to think it might be too long of an endeavor.

I basically play through each day and go to Tartarus for 30 minutes or so every other week. I think I'm only at level 20 or so. Am I spending too much time in Tartarus?

Weiss

Banned
That's definitely DAN there. The sparkle is the giveaway.

Barring 2011 (which didn't have any new MegaTen games) and 2013 (which had SMT4 but no new Persona), both 2012 and 2014 focused exclusively on new Persona content. I can't think of any new Atlus game coming out soon that would warrant heavy exposure beyond Persona 5.

Meia

Tried this in another thread but this might be the better place for this question...

How long is Persona 3: FES really?

I'm finding myself in a strange predicament. I love the game, and enjoy playing it, but I'm about 20 hours in (somewhere in July before the full moon) and I heard mainlining the story can take up to 85 hours. Since I don't have as much time to game as I used to, and the I want to beat this, and Persona 4 before P5, I'm starting to think it might be too long of an endeavor.

I basically play through each day and go to Tartarus for 30 minutes or so every other week. I think I'm only at level 20 or so. Am I spending too much time in Tartarus?

The only thing you should shoot for in Tartarus in terms of progression is hitting a new barricade before the next full moon. Doing that means you're at the appropriate level for whatever, so long as you keep your personas at a current level compared to your party.

In terms of how long a game it is, it depends. Average I think for either modern persona is probably 60, though I never get less than 100 by doing max social link playthroughs.

Weiss

Banned
Wauughhhh I wanted P5.

Don't give up hope! It might be on the other side!

Sparkles are also part of P5's iconography.

That being said, I still believe that this is mainly about DAN.

Are they? I hadn't noticed.

I wouldn't say it's mainly about DAN, though. If that is DAN, then we're looking at the other game being advertised, since the sparkle is opposite to where it is on the official logo. If I recall correctly, the first official reveal of P5 was hidden behind the announcements of PQ and DAN, so they may be blatantly showing off DAN and leaving P5 hidden.

Lunar15

Don't give up hope! It might be on the other side!

It might very well be, but the part at the top is shaped around DAN, so that's the "primary one", if that makes sense.

Dang, I was hoping that the first year I got a badge, it would be P5.

Lunar15

I'm not sure what you mean. Both P4D guesses on this page are of the back side of the badge.

Well, if that one mock up is to believed, which fits so perfect that I'm inclined to say it's true, the top "carving" is centered around DAN, as opposed to having the top carving centered around P5 and having DAN fit that shape on the back of the card.

Like, if the card was based on art from P5, the top carving would cut around that artwork instead.

I'm being incredibly picky and semantic, so don't mind me. P5 could still be on there, but it's going to be a side-note to P4D, which I guess makes sense when you consider that P4D will probably be playable at the show.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm not sure what you mean. Both P4D guesses on this page are of the back side of the badge.

It's a blank piece of card, how can you say what side they photographed.

Given that the P4D logo fits so perfectly I'm assuming that we are looking at the back of the thing, and that 84X has nailed it.

FluxWaveZ

It's a blank piece of card, how can you say what side they photographed.

Given that the P4D logo fits so perfectly I'm assuming that we are looking at the back of the thing, and that 84X has nailed it.

I meant back side of the badge tease photographed. I thought that was obvious.

Well, if that one mock up is to believed, which fits so perfect that I'm inclined to say it's true, the top "carving" is centered around DAN, as opposed to having the top carving centered around P5 and having DAN fit that shape on the back of the card.

Like, if the card was based on art from P5, the top carving would cut around that artwork instead.

I see. That would make sense.

FluxWaveZ

You've just called me an idiot and I still don't know what you mean.

Huh...? No, I'm just saying that I was talking about Destructoid's pic, and not the badge itself. Lunar15 explained that if the art fits around P4D, then that is likely to be the front of the badge itself, as opposed to what we're seeing on Destructoid's picture actually being the front.

84X

Banned
Im still surprised until now they no mention Marie and
Adachi
in Dancing All Night.

I mean from mr spoiler i can expect for the storyline , but Atlus is really miss the chance of give us other Marie cameo and love lol.

Is there a chance is gonna be some DLC character or silly of think on that.

If there is another character there is always the possibility that they'll be DLC... but it's also not something rhythm games typically do.
Personally, I think there is another and that they're in the base game but that may just be wishful thinking.

Either way I guarantee you they'll be marked as "Free Play only".

Setsu00

Are they? I hadn't noticed.

I wouldn't say it's mainly about DAN, though. If that is DAN, then we're looking at the other game being advertised, since the sparkle is opposite to where it is on the official logo. If I recall correctly, the first official reveal of P5 was hidden behind the announcements of PQ and DAN, so they may be blatantly showing off DAN and leaving P5 hidden.

They are. You can see them on the Japanese website.

I'm currently trying to convince myself that P5 won't be at E3 so that I don't get disappointed.

Makio

Either way I guarantee you they'll be marked as "Free Play only".

At this point i can see Dojima , Marie , Kanamin Kitchen girls or other dlc character be like Margaret ... but lets see what happens in the next weeks.

Man i totally hyped to see the intro of Dancing all Night , man the spinoff intro are always awesome and with Dance in the background i can only imagine the step.

Weiss

Banned
They are. You can see them on the Japanese website.

I'm currently trying to convince myself that P5 won't be at E3 so that I don't get disappointed.

I'm starting to think that might be for the best myself. Lunar's probably right that, if the badge is being formed around DAN again, then that's the focus, and if P5 was at E3, then they would be going all out on that instead.

Meia

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post these, i'll delete them if needed)

Got a box from AmiAmi today with 2 Persona 3 figures!

The first is the Figuarts Minato. He's kinda small, but I love that he has The Fool tarot card as one of his options.

The other is the new Yukari figures. She is nice and tall (as you can see, even with her small base she is taller than Mitsuru), but I don't like the fact that you can basically see her panties from any angle if you have her turned around, and even from the front it's not too hard to see them ~_~. Still, i'm happy that she finally got a figure, and now I just need to pray daily that Akihiko gets a new figure (or his old one stops costing a billion dollars), and offer ritual sacrifices for a Ken figure

291A705B-FB00-430A-A512-8496303A914C_zpsuaerlhq1.jpg

I just got Yukari in the mail too. It's one thing that drives me nuts about this is how many differing sizes you have even when something's listed as 1/8. Yukari and the Elizabeth that had a christmas variation are the same size, but the high priestess Chie figure that's also listed as 1/8 is a good 2 inches shorter than them.

Setsu00

The Rise image is already rotated to fit, no reason why it can't be mirrored too and actually be on the front, like this:

I don't think that the DAN logo fits quite well enough though

I will be very disappointed in Atlus if they actually mirrored Rise for their badge. Mirrored artwork is always somewhat strange.

84X

Banned
I will be very disappointed in Atlus if they actually mirrored Rise for their badge. Mirrored artwork is always somewhat strange.

Yeah I can't see them mirroring it because of this.

I'm going to play around to see if I can find a better fit than the logo.

The Rise image is already rotated to fit, no reason why it can't be mirrored too and actually be on the front, like this:

I don't think that the DAN logo fits quite well enough though

Ooo.. though if DAN is on the front have they really put P5 on the back? Though I don't know one side is necessarily the "front"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom