• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fear as we get closer that we won't see anything. If you bring yourself down you can't get disappointed.
7b737a129c21011a993db1c6fa19c2cb.jpg

Lunar15

Wait, why are we all saying that P5 won't be at E3? Did I miss something?

P5 still might be at a conference, but given that the E3 badge appears to be mainly about Dancing All Night and the shirts at the Atlus booth are DAN themed, Atlus USA's main focus is DAN, not so much P5.

Or it could all be misdirection and they have some P5 swag as well.

That should put to rest any fears about delays for now then

I agree. Previously, it was "2015" for North America, and now it's "Late 2015"

I doubt it's a mistake, as they could've just put 2015. Now I feel pretty sure we'll see an English version of the February trailer at E3 this year, as well as the new release window for late 2015.

My guess on the release date for North America is December 15, 2015, but who knows. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

Lunar15

John Hardin has been pretty open on Twitter about 2015 being the target date for North America. I'd say everything is on track for it.

Andrefpvs

I feel like "Late 2015" is more of an obvious statement than a confirmation of anything.

It's not like "Early" or "Mid-2015" would make any sense, and "Fall 2015" already has P4D.

I feel like "Late 2015" is more of an obvious statement than a confirmation of anything.

It's not like "Early-" or "Mid-2015" would make any sense, and "Fall 2015" already has P4D.

Yes, but this can also state that it's not delayed, if they have an actual window. Of course, it was easy to assume that it was coming out in the end of the year for North America, but this actually gives us the window straight from Atlus USA. If they were delaying it, it wouldn't make sense to put that timeframe there.

I'm not saying you thought it was being delayed. I'm just saying it should help those who feared it was being delayed. Late 2015, like you said, is definitely an obvious statement.

Andrefpvs

Yes, but this can also state that it's not delayed, if they have an actual window. Of course, it was easy to assume that it was coming out in the end of the year for North America, but this actually gives us the window straight from Atlus USA. If they were delaying it, it wouldn't make sense to put that timeframe there.

I'm not saying you thought it was being delayed. I'm just saying it should help those who feared it was being delayed. Late 2015, like you said, is definitely an obvious statement.

Yeah, I didn't think it was delayed. Atlus's last given date was 2015, so until they announce otherwise, Persona 5 is coming 2015.

I just think we learned nothing new today. The game can still be delayed, or it can still come out Late 2015, which was the only period of 2015 that made sense.

They also don't have any date listed at all for Dancing All Night, so the fact that P5 does list a window makes me think that they do want to eliminate concerns.

MSMrRound

Any news is good news for me, as far as I'm concerned.

Feels like it's been such a long while since we eagerly waited for the Feb 05 Persona concert. Need...more...info...

Looks like they changed it back to 2015.

Here are two possible reasons for this change:

1. The launch window of Late 2015 for North America was supposed to be revealed at E3 2015 and they accidentally revealed it earlier on their new site (Most likely, as a release window isn't usually accidenta.l)

2. It was a mistake, and the release window is still "2015." (Less likely, as most release windows aren't a mistake. Late 2015 isn't a typo, as the previous date was just 2015.)

I feel they most likely noticed the Late 2015 date due to our posts here on the thread and on Persona Central, then changed it back. In my opinion, I think it was supposed to be a surprise that would be announced at E3 2015; probably at the end of whatever trailer they show. (which I believe will be the February one in English)

"Late 2015" isn't a typo, as the previous date was just "2015." Yes, of course it was obvious that this game would most likely be released late into 2015, but if Atlus USA was unsure of it coming this year or it being delayed, they could have just listed the release date as "2015" and do nothing more. They only changed it to 2015 after we all pointed out, it seems.

Only time will tell, but I think it's safe to assume "Late 2015" is the release window for Persona 5 in North America. It makes sense, too, as P4D comes out in Fall 2015 in North America, and P5 will most likely be released in Japan around mid or late Fall judging by the way ATLUS does their releases in Japan, which is four months after the Japanese release date announcement. (e.g. The release date for P4D was revealed on February 5, 2015, and the game will be releasing on June 25, 2015)

jzbluz

At this stage, I find the distinction between 2015 and late 2015 kinda silly since I doubt P5 is coming out before September, and I consider Oct/Nov/Dec to be late in the year. Now if they had changed it to winter 2015 then I would have understood since winter 2015 includes months from 2016.

Lunar15

To be honest, I really don't care when it comes out this year as much as I care about it coming out this year.

Thankfully, everything looks bright in that regard.

Makio

With this Late 2015 in NA and Japanese window of October - December.
Seems the release window between the two gonna be short as fuck , and maybe a worldwide release or something very near in dates.

Which is great because of the spoilers...

keit4

Banned
My Persona 4 Golden save is corrupt. Error C2-14646-1. It worked perfectly fine yesterday... Does this happen to someone else? I'm fuming right now, i lost +50 hours.

wmlk

I mean, if we're not getting a ton of info a week from now, we definitely are at 6/25.

The dates are just too close for there not to be some kind of info at E3 2015. Even if it is just a release date confirmation by Adam Boyes.

Weiss

Banned
Okay, how do I catch the Guardian? I just accepted the Fox's quest and ran to the river to fish, but every time I try to get a read on my controller's vibrations the bait gets pulled down. How am I supposed to tell when I should wait and when I should immediately pull my bait out and try again?

DNAbro

Okay, how do I catch the Guardian? I just accepted the Fox's quest and ran to the river to fish, but every time I try to get a read on my controller's vibrations the bait gets pulled down. How am I supposed to tell when I should wait and when I should immediately pull my bait out and try again?

If i remember correctly, when it's getting pulled down don't pull back unless you see big splashes.

PK Gaming

Ahhhhh i'm totally getting a vision

Ahhh...ahhh... got it. So there's totally going to be a Hatsune Mikune alt costume DLC for P4D. I'm willing to avatar bet on it

Anyone feeling brave

Ahhhhh i'm totally getting a vision

Ahhh...ahhh... got it. So there's totally going to be a Hatsune Mikune alt costume DLC for P4D. I'm willing to avatar bet on it

Anyone feeling brave

I am feeling brave, if only because I want revenge on our last avatar bet. LET'S DO THIS.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/index.html

Since it's basically Persona
not serious
, I'll link this here for now, not worth making a new thread until it gets translated.

new GE#FE dev blog, from the Chief Director and Game Designer Hirata Wataru, who previously worked on Radiant Historia and Strange Journey.

I can't make out much of it through google, but he does mention that we'll see more of it soon, so E3 seems likely

84X

Banned
So bizarre that they're not labelling it as (free) DLC anywhere on the site.

It almost pains me that I was wrong...

Not a fan of this one myself; it just sounds like two songs playing over each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom