• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadOpto

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't include P5 on the badge. After all,, out of all possible games they could feature on the card, it's the biggest out of all of them, and no matter what would be released before E3 of next year.

It just wouldn't make sense not to showcase it. Even more so to make Dancing All Night a feature presentation for a second year in a row.

8FGD6Ga.jpg

laughing-puppets-o.gif

FluxWaveZ

Ooo.. though if DAN is on the front have they really put P5 on the back? Though I don't know one side is necessarily the "front"

I guess there isn't really something that deems one side to be the "front," but it was obvious that the 2013 badge insert had Dragon's Crown as the "main" art, while SMTIV was made to be placed within it.

Makio

Persona 3 Weird Masquerade is silly , hilarious and amazing in the same time.

And see "the characters" dance all night the P3 tracks is priceless.

This one i think is my favorite scene in both stage plays , this is P3 WM in a nutshell , have everything the dancing , singing the "fighting" hahaha oh god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7_VDPLyqU

But beside of the silly stuff , i think the costumes are perfect , the cast is great and make justice to the characters even in little details like fighting stances or even persona summoning

Junpei , Aigis and Fukka are frickin perfect.

In short is a silly shit , but i love it is a guilty pleasure.

Wonder which version are going to stream the Male MC or the Female MC one , and they going to stream part 1 and part 2 right ...

FluxWaveZ

Wonder which version are going to stream the Male MC or the Female MC one , and they going to stream part 1 and part 2 right ...

Good question, actually. I just checked the page, and it seems they'll be streaming both the male and female P3MC versions of the play tomorrow.

Makio

Good question, actually. I just checked the page, and it seems they'll be streaming both the male and female P3MC versions of the play tomorrow.

Great.

Good choice since both MC are popular in Japan , but seems (in facebook and Tumblr) Shouta Aoi (Male MC) is more popular than Kana Asumi (Female MC)

And of course both stage play are the same thing , but have little diferences thanks to the diferent personalities of the MC.

Lunar15

It's also worth nothing that Atlus' E3 shirts are P4D themed, so I think that's kind of a hint that there's not going to be much mention of P5 anywhere.

Weiss

Banned
It's also worth nothing that Atlus' E3 shirts are P4D themed, so I think that's kind of a hint that there's not going to be much mention of P5 anywhere.

Well, delay it is then, I guess. It probably won't even come out in Q4.

Bleh. It's so hard to stay hyped over this game.

Only 19 days until we learn everything we could want to know about it though.

Dancing is likely to be taking center stage at E3, but I'd be shocked if P5 had no presence whatsoever.

Makio

Come on guys , at least they to going show the PV 01 again like the did with the teaser trailer in others conventions

Bxy-9alCIAAwvCM.jpg

or at least mention the game ...

*In the P5 2015 NA release train*

DNAbro

Persona 5 will be at E3 in some form. I feel like that is kind of obvious. I also feel it is kind of obvious that Dancing will be their main game for E3 cause they will actually have a demo for that one and not just a trailer.

https://instagram.com/p/3kTc52v5Ua/

Who's that in that image?

Persona 5 will be at E3 in some form. I feel like that is kind of obvious. I also feel it is kind of obvious that Dancing will be their main game for E3 cause they will actually have a demo for that one and not just a trailer.

Pretty much, whatever P5's presence is, whether we get a new trailer or not, it's not going to be playable. It might be the bigger game, but Dancing is what they're going to be pushing at the moment, on top of all the other stuff they have.

If Persona 5 is not represented at E3 in any form, or is delayed in NA to 2016, I will give up my claim as the Ultimate Sho Fanboy and refrain from image edits until P5's release

That is how much I #BELIEVE in Persona 5, no matter how much it hurts ;__;

Rock94

Neo Member
If Persona 5 is not represented at E3 in any form, or is delayed in NA to 2016, I will give up my claim as the Ultimate Sho Fanboy and refrain from image edits until P5's release

That is how much I #BELIEVE in Persona 5, no matter how much it hurts ;__;

That's a lot of faith. I do think they will show the game off in some way. Atlus are surely aware of the demand of new information for the West, for Persona 5.

Lunar15

I didn't say that. It's just that it won't have a strong focus at E3 at Atlus' booth, which makes sense considering they'll actually have a demo for P4D and probably a trailer on loop for P5.

It's just such a shame because this is the last E3 before P5, so I was hoping we'd get a big to-do for the game. Doesn't seem to be the case though. Woulda killed to get a P5 shirt at the booth.

Anyone here over 25? Just imagine, before the next series of spinoffs for p5 and p6 are out you very well could be over 30 years of age.

I wonder if being over 30 changes our mindset in a way that hinders the enjoyment of persona series.

So, after some analyzing, I've decided to give my views on everything so far.

For the badge, I think one side will be P4D, and the other will be P5.

I think P5 is still coming out this year in North America, and that Atlus USA will mention the game or show an English version of the February trailer. P4D will get the main spotlight, but they probably won't forget about P5.

When it comes to that teaser image posted on Instagram, it makes me wonder. The outfit looks very similar to the Shujin High School uniform, however, the text states "Are you ready to dance?" which is definitely a P4D teaser. It's just something I noticed.

I feel we'll get info on the Japanese release of P5 soon, as there's really nothing much that ATLUS has to release (in Japan) this year. I still say October 15, 2015, but honestly, the release date could be within October~November. I really don't think they'll go with December for P5 in Japan.

That's pretty much all for now, but I hope everyone enjoyed my little analysis. As usual, I'll be working hard on figuring out as much as I can using what's available to us.

But we live in arbitrariness though

Maybe I used the wrong word.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the time when people grow out of things is different for every individual. I might stop caring for Persona when I'm 25, 40 or maybe never.
It's not like everyone will stop caring for it when they've reached the age of 30

P4D will get the main spotlight, but they probably won't forget about P5.

I still find this wierd. It just seems odd to not give P5 the spotlight if it's going to be at E3 (Is P5 confirmed at E3 BTW? not sure.)

There are so, so much more people interested in Persona 5 compared to DAN.

MSMrRound

I still find this wierd. It just seems odd to not give P5 the spotlight if it's going to be at E3 (Is P5 confirmed at E3 BTW? not sure.)

P4D will still be coming out before Persona 5. Most likely they don't want too much of the limelight to be taken away if they focused too much on P5, especially with no "exclusive P5 content" incentive to speak of.

Really curious to see what's the event that Atlus is going to reveal next week. I'm liking that the teaser got a touch of "gentlemanliness" to it. Maybe some P5 involvement hopefully?

I even recently got myself a second Vita to be a dedicated R1 game machine for P4D's DLC and what's not. Not gonna miss out on those outfits cuz I'm stuck on the R3 Asian (Singapore) store. Got my first Vita for P4G, now second Vita for P4D.

The things AtlusUSA made me do D=

Maybe I used the wrong word.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the time when people grow out of things is different for every individual. I might stop caring for Persona when I'm 25, 40 or maybe never.
It's not like everyone will stop caring for it when they've reached the age of 30

Oh, I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong. I want P5 to be in the spotlight. I say this because we have a release window for P4D now in North America, and judging by certain VA being done, etc., it's safe to assume the game is nearly done localization and that they'd most likely show a full English trailer by this point.

I also believe P5 won't get the spotlight as it doesn't make sense to show a new trailer (not one we've seen in either region) before Japan. It just doesn't make sense in the long run, unless the game is a worldwide release or something similar.

P5 will most likely get a mention, the February trailer shown, and a lot of hype, however, I feel P4D will be the main thing people will see Persona-wise at the Atlus USA booth due to the type of circumstances (localization almost being done, it having a release window in NA, etc.)

Of course, it's possible that P5 will get a huge spotlight, but at this point, it doesn't seem likely at E3, if we're talking about news on the game in general, and not just news for North America. I can't imagine Atlus USA showing an exclusive trailer for P5 before Japan. P4D is still coming out before P5 in North America, from what we know so far. However, I do believe that Instagram teaser could be a thing for both P4D and P5, due to the outfit resembling the P5MC's a lot. I don't mean this would be a new trailer, just a video that says "Are you ready to dance at this E3? P4D and P5 will be there!" That's a possibility, however, as I said, it most likely won't be a new trailer for P5 there, just the February one in English. That's just my opinion, however.

I also believe P5 won't get the spotlight as it doesn't make sense to show a new trailer (not one we've seen in either region) before Japan. It just doesn't make sense in the long run, unless the game is a worldwide release or something similar.

I'd say it makes total sense in the long run, if Atlus wants the series to continue to grow then they need as many eyes on the game as possible and E3 is the best place to do that.

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post these, i'll delete them if needed)

Got a box from AmiAmi today with 2 Persona 3 figures!

The first is the Figuarts Minato. He's kinda small, but I love that he has The Fool tarot card as one of his options.

The other is the new Yukari figures. She is nice and tall (as you can see, even with her small base she is taller than Mitsuru), but I don't like the fact that you can basically see her panties from any angle if you have her turned around, and even from the front it's not too hard to see them ~_~. Still, i'm happy that she finally got a figure, and now I just need to pray daily that Akihiko gets a new figure (or his old one stops costing a billion dollars), and offer ritual sacrifices for a Ken figure

Nice, mine came in today. I knew my first figure had to be best girl.

So I finally beat
the four labyrinths in
PQ.

The scene about Niko and Chronos' origin is some raw as hell shit. Major props to Ashly Burch and Keith Silverstien.

Also, the similarities to
Labrys
are coming right at me! Help me get these theory goggles off!

VegiHam

So I finally beat
the four labyrinths in
PQ.

The scene about Niko and Chronos' origin is some raw as hell shit. Major props to Ashly Burch and Keith Silverstien.

Also, the similarities to
Labrys
are coming right at me! Help me get these theory goggles off!

Nope, just role with it, it's the best theory. You're not the first to see it either. I agree, that scene rocks. It's worth the slow build up just for that, I reckon.

Weiss

Banned
So for anybody in the know, how does the mythology of the Persona series work?

So beyond
Nyx, who's actually a Lovecraft-style alien.
entities like Philemon, Nyarlathotep, the Velvet siblings and Igor are born from the collective unconsciousness, and that Personae summoned by the protagonists are born from their own "sea of souls" and represent aspects of their personality, so Yosuke's Susano-O represents something different than Masao's from Persona 1, or the one summoned by the P3 protagonist, and they all aren't summoned from the exact same place.

But how does that differentiate, say, the ultimate villain of P4
with how she's apparently an independent Philemon-style entity, but also appears in P2's extra PSP scenario as something different, and can be summoned by the P3 protagonist as a normal Persona
, and in PQ
Zen is born from the idea of a being who carries the dead to their resting place, effectively making him the Grim Reaper
, but what separates him and, say, the Persona Thanatos?

Also, did they ever try to link up the Demons from P1 and 2 and the Shadows from 3 and 4? I just assumed that they came into being because of all the reality altering shenanigans of those games, but they sometimes act like actual, independent entities, while the Shadows are described as fragments of human thought from the collective unconsciousness, which come to think of it confuses me more since
Shadows and Personae are supposed to be the same thing.

Setsu00

So beyond
entities like Philemon, Nyarlathotep, the Velvet siblings and Igor are born from the collective unconsciousness, and that Personae summoned by the protagonists are born from their own "sea of souls" and represent aspects of their personality, so Yosuke's Susano-O represents something different than Masao's from Persona 1, or the one summoned by the P3 protagonist, and they all aren't summoned from the exact same place.

with how she's apparently an independent Philemon-style entity, but also appears in P2's extra PSP scenario as something different, and can be summoned by the P3 protagonist as a normal Persona
, and in PQ
Zen is born from the idea of a being who carries the dead to their resting place, effectively making him the Grim Reaper

Also, did they ever try to link up the Demons from P1 and 2 and the Shadows from 3 and 4? I just assumed that they came into being because of all the reality altering shenanigans of those games, but they sometimes act like actual, independent entities, while the Shadows are described as fragments of human thought from the collective unconsciousness, which come to think of it confuses me more since

As far as I know, this is thorougly explained in a Japanese only book that was released sometime after Persona 3 came out. Someone on Tumblr translated the relevant parts of the book once. Also, the Tatsuya scenario from Eternal Punishment Portable talks a little about this. The demons from P1 and P2 are apparently gone because of what happened
at the end of Eternal Punishment

In any case,
the Izanami from P2 and P4 are different beings, P4 Izanami is supposedly a giant Shadow while the P2 version seems to be a demon

cj_iwakura

As far as I know, this is thorougly explained in a Japanese only book that was released sometime after Persona 3 came out. Someone on Tumblr translated the relevant parts of the book once. Also, the Tatsuya scenario from Eternal Punishment Portable talks a little about this. The demons from P1 and P2 are apparently gone because of what happened
at the end of Eternal Punishment

In any case,
the Izanami from P2 and P4 are different beings, P4 Izanami is supposedly a giant Shadow while the P2 version seems to be a demon

There are some similarities, in that demons and shadows are both here because of humans. Demons because of rituals(see: Takahisa Kandori Is An Idiot), shadows because of experimentation with the psyche.

Demons tend to have more individualized wills and goals, which makes them more dangerous. They can form factions and band together with legitimate strategies. (See: the Fairy clan in Nocturne)

CorvoSol

So beyond

, and in PQ

I can't answer all this, but I always assumed that the demons in Persona 1 were the result of
Maki Sonomura's subconscious. Since most everythin else in P1 is.

Setsu00

There are some similarities, in that demons and shadows are both here because of humans. Demons because of rituals(see: Takahisa Kandori Is An Idiot), shadows because of experimentation with the psyche.

Demons tend to have more individualized wills and goals, which makes them more dangerous. They can form factions and band together with legitimate strategies. (See: the Fairy clan in Nocturne)

That reminds me of something I wasn't sure about. Persona takes place in the same universe as Devil Summoner, right?

cj_iwakura

I can't answer all this, but I always assumed that the demons in Persona 1 were the result of
Maki Sonomura's subconscious. Since most everythin else in P1 is.

Specifically Kandori's experiments
which drew from her psyche.
He was also a devil summoner, which probably helped.

That reminds me of something I wasn't sure about. Persona takes place in the same universe as Devil Summoner, right?

Yep. Tamaki from SMT If is a Devil Summoner(she's in 1 & 2), and the guy who runs the Kuzunoha Detective Agency is actually DS1's protagonist.

3 & 4 largely threw the SMT ties out the window, which is probably for the best. Not as fun to theorize about, though.

If I'm not mistaken (and I probably am) isn't 'God' dead in the persona timeline? That's why all of these other deities are able to rise up.

I think I heard something like that once.

cj_iwakura

If I'm not mistaken (and I probably am) isn't 'God' dead in the persona timeline? That's why all of these other deities are able to rise up.

YHVH can't ever really die, at best they can prevent his involvement. Maybe if it's based on the II timeline where Aleph punched him in the face?

Supposedly, Persona takes place after SMT if in a world where
Raidou 50 succeeded.
I may have fudged a detail or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom