• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a thought today about a sequel to PQ.

I doubt anyone wants yet another P3/4 crossover, and it'd be a shame to drop the blend of Persona style and Etrian Odyssey dungeon crawling, so how receptive would you be to a PQ sequel starring the Shadow Operatives?

Brand new cast, a handful of P3 alumni as supporting characters, even make it sort of like P1 and 2 with a set cast of five characters who each have access to the Wild Card.

Funny. I've thought the same thing as I've been going through it, though without the new cast because I'm terrible and lack standards.

I'd be more than welcome to it, provided they didn't make physical skills far more practical than SP skills. (Is there even a single ability that restores SP, navi or otherwise?)

Besides, I like the idea of having Labrys in an RPG. I guess you could twist my arm into being okay with Sho on the roster, since adding him and Labby gives us an easy way to fill the losses in P3's roster

Squire

Banned
Your Canadian moves are busted and slow
About as graceful as Ohtani Hanako
Those maple syrup moose moves nothing but jive
When you front to ATLUSPrime I'm gonna eat you alive
No matter how much you train in the big great white
At LA beach I'll leave you in the dust - I'm the scooter you're the bike
So step to me if you want and feel my agidyne roast
Then go chill out with Aigis, because you'll both be TOAST.

*mic drop*

Whoa. whoa. whoa. whoa. WHOA.

You've yet to show you're really 'prime'
If GAF is any indication I can beat you on a dime
You came for a battle but I'm here for a Mass Destruction douse
The last time Canada and the US went to war - we burnt down the White house
Agidyne nothin' son - bufu be keepin' me from embers
So watch yourself Hardin, cause the north remembers

Great rivalries in rap:
Jay-Z v. Nas
The Game v. 50 Cent
John Hardin v. Levito

PK Gaming

B4ntiww.jpg

The Atlus dance video was great in general, but this part was legendary

Haven't been in the community thread in a while, good to see that the hype is stronger than ever.

Great rivalries in rap:
Jay-Z v. Nas
The Game v. 50 Cent
John Hardin v. Levito
Levito and Hardin for the next Def Jam game.

For real though, we need a best of 3 series between these two.
Round 1: Arm Wrestling.
Round 2: Free Style.
Round 3 (if necessary): Dance.

cj_iwakura

Not really, no. Instead it's all piled into a tourney with tons of Japanese players that were already going.

Atlus supported KoF XIII with a pot bonus at final round. Even got people travelling from out of the country to go.

Edit: I suppose Atlus did do a pot bonus for ECT for Persona. Maybe I'm missing more.

Oh, you mean for games they published. Yeah, that makes sense, but P4AU is the hotness right now.

daevious

My account has finally been activated, so I figured I'd say hello to the group that got me to sign up to this site. I've popped up in the PersonaGAF IRC chat before, but only on rare occasions due to timezone shenanigans, so I'm hoping that I can post here more often. I don't know how long I've been following this community, but I do remember this community waiting for the Persona 5 teaser so that the OT title would be "Pursuing My True Sequel."

I have a very deep love for Persona 3. That game came at the exact right moment in my life and I personally owe a lot to that game. Its helped me to overcome my own anxieties over death and shaped me into the person I am today.

I still think that Persona 4 is better though. ;P

Rock94

Neo Member
My account has finally been activated, so I figured I'd say hello to the group that got me to sign up to this site. I've popped up in the PersonaGAF IRC chat before, but only on rare occasions due to timezone shenanigans, so I'm hoping that I can post here more often. I don't know how long I've been following this community, but I do remember this community waiting for the Persona 5 teaser so that the OT title would be "Pursuing My True Sequel."

I have a very deep love for Persona 3. That game came at the exact right moment in my life and I personally owe a lot to that game. Its helped me to overcome my own anxieties over death and shaped me into the person I am today.

I still think that Persona 4 is better though. ;P

Hi. I hope you enjoy your time in this community as well.

thoughts on people who refuse to play persona 2 and 1 because they are outdated?
The stories and characters are pretty neat...but they're clunky as heck. I can't blame people for not wanting to spend time with them. They are outdated. Heck, I have a hard time going back to old games that have good/non-clunky gameplay. I can't blame someone for not wanting to touch a clunky one.

Dantis

thoughts on people who refuse to play persona 2 and 1 because they are outdated?

They're missing out on the best (1) and most fun (2) stories of the series so far.

There's clunky stuff in 3 and 4 as well but I put up with it to have fun. 1 really isn't that bad but I can see how 2's negotiation system is a stone wall for some.

muteki

Heaven remix is good. I still like the original better though.

That Shadow World remix is....something is off. While listening to it I thought I had something else playing in the background. Good thing there are 3, 4 other versions of it in the game.

As for the soundtrack...I think most of the extra tracks are BGMs. Most of the P4 tracks that aren't already playable in game will show up in menus or in the background during dialogue sequences. I'm curious to see if the NA special edition discs have the same tracklist.

mob21

Banned
So my theory is the badge must be P5 related, because if it was DAN related wouldn't they have just unveiled that alongside that dance video yesterday? Why have two separate releases/blowouts in the same week

So my theory is the badge must be P5 related, because if it was DAN related wouldn't they have just unveiled that alongside that dance video yesterday? Why have two separate releases/blowouts in the same week

If you read back in this thread there are some very solid reasons given why P4D will at least make an appearance on the badge.

Nobody has managed to fit any existing P5 assets onto the badge either, at least as far as I know.

Persona 5 being on the badge also dosen't guarantee that it will have significant presence at E3. Dancing was on last year's, and all that got was reruns of an existing trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom