• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the badge: It is Dancing on the front like 84x suggested a few pages back.

255747-help.jpg

This is the tease from one a few years back

and this is the solution.

This tease is reversed like that last one.

Shitty mockup

Andrefpvs

Woah! I didn't say you could pull out some CSI shitty, fake-as-hell CBS crime drama shit on me! Are you hacking me?! HAVE I BEEN HACKED?

aKOxQp5.gif

Noooo! I'd never hack you, Atlusprime! Especially not your webcam!

You should fix your posture
You are currently reading a NeoGAF post
You are a male between 20 and 50 years old
Nice WASD keys
Do people even use webcams anymore

DNAbro

So do we have any context on that scene? Was it a joke among the writers, orr

I remember seeing this scene

It went something like "oh no what's happening? we're being hacked! I can't stop them quick enough. Here let me help you and counterhack them at the same time"

Drama

Andrefpvs

I remember seeing this scene

It went something like "oh no what's happening? we're being hacked! I can't stop them quick enough. Here let me help you and counterhack them at the same time"

Drama

Don't forget computers that make a sound for every key you press.

*bleep*

Weiss

Banned
Quick question about the December dungeon
If I complete it before the final day, does the game skip ahead or do I still have time to finish up some Social Links?

DNAbro

Quick question about the December dungeon
If I complete it before the final day, does the game skip ahead or do I still have time to finish up some Social Links?

it skips ahead, i believe the last day to do anything without missing any scenes is Dec 22.

Weiss

Banned
So we all have our most loved Social Links, which one did you plain hate?

The only one in P4 I even remotely disliked was Yukiko's.
I want to be free and independent! J/K turns out I want to do the thing I've been complaining about this whole time for realsies.

Rise's
is a bit better about it, since
her return to idolhood is framed as returning to something she genuinely loved and not letting herself be defined by the worst parts about it. Yukiko I just genuinely don't get.

I want to be free and independent! J/K turns out I want to do the thing I've been complaining about this whole time for realsies.

In that one's defence,
her objection to it stemmed from her believing she didn't have a choice in the matter. The end result is the same, the only difference is she chose it. That makes all the difference most of the time.

Also talking about Rise's,
I was a bit miffed that you have to be a straight dick in a certain scene to stay platonic with her.

As for favourites, mine seems to be Ai on the
stay platonic, attempted suicide and love confession be damned
route.

My least favorite is Yosuke's, because it involves spending time with Yosuke.
not a joke

Next least favorite is Devil, because of all the links it feels the most like you're a cardboard cutout staring at someone as they talk to themselves about their problems.

Skii

not a joke

Next least favorite is Devil, because of all the links it feels the most like you're a cardboard cutout staring at someone as they talk to themselves about their problems.

Yosuke isn't that bad. He's no Junpei but he's good enough.

Yeah, I didn't really like the Devil one or the Tower one (
the kid you tutor I think?
).

All the main character's social links were done pretty well imo.

Weiss

Banned
not a joke

I felt Yosuke's Link best exemplified the strength of Social Links in P4. You get a character arc for him as the plucky Number 2 of the Investigation Team if you ignore him, but spending time with him brings to light a lot of the subtle nuance about the character.

Yosuke isn't that bad. He's no Junpei but he's good enough.

Yeah, I didn't really like the Devil one or the Tower one (
the kid you tutor I think?
).

All the main character's social links were done pretty well imo.

Devil was kind of meh, but I thought Tower was great. Emphasizes the insane strictness of Japan's school system, bad parenting by way of attempting to help your child, feelings of inadequacy, I thought it hit lots of the right notes.

Skii

Devil was kind of meh, but I thought Tower was great. Emphasizes the insane strictness of Japan's school system, bad parenting by way of attempting to help your child, feelings of inadequacy, I thought it hit lots of the right notes.

Actually, I change my mind. I just forgot most of the events in that social link. I just remembered that the whole gang turned up at his house for his birthday because he had no friends. That was actually a pretty great moment.

Yeah, the only really weak social link is the Devil one. Has potential but I felt like it was the exact same thing every time I went to the hospital.

Rise's
is a bit better about it, since
her return to idolhood is framed as returning to something she genuinely loved and not letting herself be defined by the worst parts about it. Yukiko I just genuinely don't get.

I'm not fond of Chariot (Chie), Temperance (Young Mother), Devil (Nurse) and Strength (Daisuke)

Weiss

Banned
Okay Naoto's Social Link is starting to bug me.

Why is so much of the dialogue finding ways to infantilize and feminize her when her whole story arc is about her struggle with the ingrained sexism of a male dominated police force?

Okay Naoto's Social Link is starting to bug me.

Why is so much of the dialogue finding ways to infantilize and feminize her when her whole story arc is about her struggle with the ingrained sexism of a male dominated police force?

I'm guessing that part's less about her struggle and more accepting aspects of herself she's repressed (most notably, the childish enthusiasm she had for detective work).
As for 'feminize', you're going to have to be more specific with that.

Disliked Social Links: The Gourmet King

Screw that guy.

Too easy.
Also, I'm pretty sure we're going P4-only for this one...

Makio

not a joke

This X 1000.

I seriously use the skip function anytime i have to level up that social link.

The Devil i remember the first time i played , i was specting some weird shit like a ghost story or something. In my heart is canon that Narukami gets some "sexy" action with Nurse in some scenes ... i think the screen fades in black like the love scenes of the "you spend a long time with the x waifu"....

But i think in P4 is not a bad bad social link , they are very good nothing can be worst than the fat boy i eat a lot king social link of Persona 3.

The Devil i remember the first time i played , i was specting some weird shit like a ghost story or something. In my heart is canon that Narukami gets some "sexy" action with Nurse in some scenes ... i think the screen fades in black like the love scenes of the "you spend a long time with the x waifu"....

Really? The one time I tried going along with anything, she just trolls you with a non-sensual massage.

Naoto's social link for the last few on the romance side are my favorite. I dont find the non-romance version of hers to be that interesting, though it made sense.

I love and hate Yumi's, mainly because it hits home pretty damn hard

I hate Rise's for the ending, that was the one that didnt feel like it made sense to me.
The ending of hers, Yosuke's, and Yukiko's is similar conceptually, but I felt Rise was the one character I didnt understand deciding to accept the life they were predestined for

I seriously can't remember Chie's much at all, either that or her actions during the main story and her slink are blending in my head.

Devil was good in concept, but it didnt have any build, she just changed immediately part way through.

I also love Marie's

Makio

Really? The one time I tried going along with anything, she just trolls you with a non-sensual massage.

In the first scenes she always flirts with you . but the scene it got me everytime is when she teach you anatomy :

[http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m599/MssaMakio/2015-04-04-071733_zpsadchewnd.jpg

Now where i get , the muscles she mentions one is the neck , the second one is the torso , but the sartorius muscle is located in her tights ... in a danger zone lol.

sartorius1354008052854.png

And i think after that the screen fades black ... if i remember right

You know can be nothing , but for me , in my imagination those nights in a "empty hospital room" at least some sexual Harassment situation happen.

Even in later scenes she said "im the rich guy type , i cant believe i fall for a high schooler".

So yeah for me , in headcanon this lady is the same level as Rise , have a platonic crush for Narukami.

But like someone says , besides that you can do shit in that social link , she have that resolution with or without you help , you only listen to her.

Young Magus

Yo I was going though my playlist and I came across this song (ending/feels spoliers) from p3 and the other version that plays
during the month of january in school
. And the feels got to me like woah. Like this is one of the few songs from ANY game that gets me feeling this way man.

I'm not the only one who this happens to right?

They're missing out on the best (1) and most fun (2) stories of the series so far.

There's clunky stuff in 3 and 4 as well but I put up with it to have fun. 1 really isn't that bad but I can see how 2's negotiation system is a stone wall for some.

2's negotiation system was meh.

The fusion system was ass tho.

aravuus

Yo I was going though my playlist and I came across this song (ending/feels spoliers) from p3 and the other version that plays
during the month of january in school
. And the feels got to me like woah. Like this is one of the few songs from ANY game that gets me feeling this way man.

I'm not the only one who this happens to right?

Nah. I get this weird hollow feeling every time I hear a melancholy song like those two from a game/show/movie I really, really like.

This has to be the most ironic scene in the game , one of the worst cooker in inaba talking shit about your food. hahahaha .

Ah but you forget, her omelette was "boneless" instead of "Wow! This tastes awful! :D" or *drop after one bite*.

Sure, it was Mr. Burns' immune system in omelette form, but still!

DNAbro

Oh yeah, the guy who wanted to bang his teacher.

What a loser.

It was so sad when he started to cry ;_;

lol

I really wanted to laugh at him but I didn't cause you know, being a jerk pisses them off. I wish at some point you can just say, hey dude; this is kind of weird and creepy.

Tamanon

Banned
For once, I have no problem putting a lot of hope into P5 news this next week. Worst case scenario, we're getting something this month no matter what!

lol

I really wanted to laugh at him but I didn't cause you know, being a jerk pisses them off. I wish at some point you can just say, hey dude; this is kind of weird and creepy.

You want to know the best part about that link?

Laughing in his face while he's crying is the best outcome in that scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom